the Rift

[OPEN] little dancer

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Edgar was swaying back and forth from a branch. He was squawking loudly, making faces and flapping his wings. Time was apparently running backwards, and instead of Edgar, she had Benjamin Button as a companion. Elsa rolled her eyes, watching him with judgmental eyes as he continued on his charade. She pitied him a little bit. This was a companion who was meant for love, children, happiness, and it was something not readily available within her. Edgar frowned, stopping his acting to chide her for thinking such thoughts. ’That’s my point.’ She replied simply. Her feelings always interrupted his fun and games. It wasn’t fair.

’You know I don’t want leave.’ He finally said, hopping down from his branch to hop up toward her on the ground. ’I wuv you.’ Elsa smiled weakly, lowering her nose to bump him gently. The bird rubbed up against her muzzle, chirping with happiness. ”But you know I had doing this to you. You didn’t sign up for this.” All he did was take a step back, and hop up and down trying to make his point. ’But you save me from death. You my mom. You make me who me is.’ Elsa shrugged, and her smile widened at his attempt to keep her happy. He was an invaluable addition to her life, and the ugly harpy had Elsa’s life wrapped up in her wings. She could swoop down at any moment, and Elsa would be at her beck and call in moments. ”I suppose I can believe you for now. But please, do not feel like you need to baby me. I’m simply an end result of my own mistakes.” Nothing she did Edgar saw as a mistake. Her love, her children, she did it with such selfless grace that he almost felt like he was losing her to them. She gave them her world, and bitterness had tainted his love of the trio who had abandoned her. Auriel was the only one who had given him hope. Maybe someday they would all return, but then again, maybe not. The future was foggy, but Edgar was adamant he would keep them on the path to happiness.

"talk" 
image credits

@Katerina
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare
You do not know heartbreak
Not until you've lived as long as I

Time. It was a strange concept. To know that the clock was merely created just so that we could function, and without the birth of time, the world would be chaos, entertained the silver in the warm sunset. Time seemed to be something that is always deceiving, one may think that there is time, that it is not dried and gone, but then it is realized, you do not have any time left. Father time was no man who wallowed in the pities of others, he would take the time away from you in the worst of days. He held no mercy in the face of death, he took what was his when he wanted. And it was never at the right time.

Katerina liked to understand, to poke, to prod and to know. Theories, conspiracies, and anything that involved speculation always caught her interest quite quickly. It was just who she was, someone who always questioned the way the world worked. She liked to peer in the grooves and crevices of life's gears, to wonder how they were ingrained and created. It was a never ending flame inside, one that craved the food of thought. 

She was slowly beginning to learn the way of this world, but only slowly and she was definitely not going to understand it all any time soon. Change was never easy, but she had gotten what she wished for, whether it turned out to be something she wanted or not was only up for time to tell, for now, the silver was content. A strange high pitched sound bounced in her drums, ears perking forward as she followed the call. Tan hooves brought her to another new sight. Words filled the air, the white winged mare unaware of Katerina's presence quite yet. She peered with curious eyes, confused on who the cream was speaking too, and why she was playing with this weird mini-winged little glob of feathers. OH AND WHAT IS THIS WHITE STUFF ONLY SURROUNDING HER? It floated down softly, like little flakes, horns tilting to the side as Katerina turned her head in utter bewilderment, no no she hadn't learned anything just yet. "Who are you talking to?"  She asked, her words coming out soft and wise, contradicting her questioning and oblivious wonderings. "What mistake have you allowed to define you my dear? Mistakes aren't who you are."  She asked then, prodding yes, but it was all of good intent.

OCC: I FORGOT WHOOPS! poor kat, she's so confused

image credits

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Edgar was the one who saw Katerina first. He snickered as he saw her approach, her face written with confusion. Elsa turned, only to find herself face to face with a unicorn mare who seemed to be bewildered. Why? Elsa tilted her head in her own confusion. ’She no see me.’ Edgar suddenly said, poking into her thoughts. ’She need see me.’ And with that, the bird pushed off from the branch and came to land atop Elsa’s head, chest puffed with pride as Katerina would no doubt eye him with wondrous eyes. ”I was talking to my companion, who has decided to make a grand entrance. His name is Edgar. I myself am Elsa.” She finished with a jerky nod.

Though this oddly colored mare was poking more around why she was letting her mistakes define her. Elsa eyed Katerina curiously, and she lifted her head a little in embarrassment. No one needed to know about her problems, especially someone she barely had met! ”Oh its nothing. We were just talking about our past. Sometimes we can’t decide if we can move on or not.” She shrugged but Edgar simply lifted his wing to cover his face in shame. His bonded was a big fat liar, and only he knew it. Elsa was terrified of her past, and she liked to play this little charade every time she met someone knew. ”Who might you be? I’m behind on meeting everyone.” She admitted sheepishly. ”Are you relatively new here, or am I really really behind?” Oh how embarrassing it would be if she had been here the entire time and Elsa just now noticed her presence. Edgar was hissing with delight on the insight at the prospect of Elsa being publicly roasted. That was the good part about being a companion. He never needed to worry about embarrassment because he could always blame it on Elsa.

His little internal conversations in her head were driving her absolutely insane. One day, if she could figure out how to project his musings to others, everyone would see how he really was. Even if he had good intentions his incessant chatter was nauseating after a while. And no matter how hard she tried she would not be able to ever shut him up, and she can only ignore it for so long. "Also, if you see me making weird faces its probably because he can talk in my head. Weird I know, but its like having a chatterbox run all the time." She finally admitted, exasperated. Edgar just stiffened himself up a smug smile on his beak. She just shook her head and rolled her eyes. Normally she could deal with it but today he was being extra annoying.

"talk" 
image credits

@Katerina  would you like to be tagged? :3

Outcast
ShadowMare

Katerina kept her silvers upon the winged animal, warily eyeing the creature. The white mare, who had called herself Elsa, had answered one of her questions about the animal, but as she said she was talking to it, a million more fizzled. Annoyed at her own lack of knowledge, she merely smiled slightly, just trying to accept how bizarre this place really was. "Nice to meet you Elsa" She paused, dipping her head to the white mare and to the little bird sitting proudly upon her cranium, "and you too Edgar. I am Katerina."

She answered her poking then, the words something she was too familiar with; a cover. She didn't want to prod at Elsa, but Katerina couldn't help it. In her world boundaries weren't that relevant and she simply couldn't stop. "It's nothing? Are you sure?" She spoke, chords soft and encouraging. She only wanted to help, after all, it seemed Katerina was the oldest person around here. She had lived a long life, and although time was different here, her experiences don't disappear. Sometimes talking to a stranger helped, she knew it had helped her. Katerina just wanted to be of use, and by talking and caring for someone, she felt purposeful.

"Oh no no, I am new." She chuckled, glad that she was finally coming out of her shell. At first, Helovia quite honestly scared the living shit out of her. It still does. "I'm from another planet, and somehow I ended up here. I've sort of been wondering around the World's Edge, but I'm hoping I can become a healer." She said, eyes not yet leaving the body of the bird.

Elsa then answered more of her unspoken questions, so the animal and equine could converse mentally? The idea awed her, and she wanted to know more about the topic of this bondage. "Really? The creature can speak? and to you? How'd you obtain such a thing?" She asked, unaware of how many questions that just popped out. Katerina promised, she was indeed wise, but in this world, she had the intelligence of a rock.

OCC: sorry she's such a poker :P

image credits

Elsa,

Another pitying soul it seemed, stumbling upon her in her weakest moment. Elsa just offered a small nod of approval. "I am fine, thank you though," she responded genuinely thankful she cared. And even if Katerina did want to know, Elsa's problems were her own. No one could fix her relationship problems. So instead of letting the conversation dwell there, she moved onto her comment about coming from a new land. 

Wait, a new land?

Her head tilted in curiosity as she eyed Katerina up and down in confusion. How could she have come from another planet? That was impossible! Then again, Helovia seemed to crush every modern convention she knew. "A new planet? Where? I've never heard of such a thing." She admitted sheepishly. For being an important aspect within her herd, she was failing in the recon department. Apparently she lacked a lot of knowledge. "Are you the only one?" Edgar was now leaning forward with curiosity. Stories, real or fake, that held the promise of drama enthralled him. Especially if it was real, because then that became the best gossip. He'd be the talk of the Edge if this was new information. 'Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure others know.' She shot at him, Edgar simply scrunched his face and settled back into his perch.

That was, until she asked about him. His chest immediately puffed out, and his somber demeanor turned light and fluffy. "I won him from a harpy, in a maze. They are given to those the keepers see fit." She began, looking to Edgar who simply jumped back and forth at the excitement. This was the spotlight he craved. "See, companions like Edgar were abandoned by their original mothers. Thus, then end up dying. Instead, caretakers all around Helovia take them in and adopt them out to those who can care for them. They're always different though, sometimes a turtle gives them out, others a harpy, so on and so forth." She paused a moment to inhale, and catch her breath. Explaining companions was never simple or quick- and sometimes she wondered if Helovia needed its own quicktip guide. "The bond is given so we can talk to each other. Helps make things work- being different species and all. I tried for a while to get a companion, and when I finally got him, I couldn't be happier." The bird cawed, thinking quite slyly at Elsa. 'See love me you.' Elsa simply rolled her eyes and continued to address Katerina. "Everyone is capable of bonding with a companion. If that's what you're getting at." She laughed lightly, attention turning back to Edgar for a brief moment.

"talk" 
image credits

@Katerina   that was weird! Should be fixed now. <3

smitty the swift Posts: 22
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 1 :: 1
unarchived per request

Outcast
ShadowMare

Elsa's response does little for Katerina, but the silver decides not to push it. After all they had just met, and she doesn't want to come across as pushy or too poky, Katerina is truly of all good intent and only wishes to make a positive impact in this world of Helovia, not otherwise. She offers Elsa a warm smile, already blooming a care for Elsa, something about the white mare has Katerina caught in some form of wanting to watch out for her. Perhaps when she was younger, in her later 30's, that side of her is relating to this Elsa. Whatever it was, Katerina would keep the porcelain under her watch.

The conversation then turns to Katerina's past, and she is more then willing to share a little bit about Isisi just as she had with the cream King of the edge. "It is everything but new my dear. New to you I suppose, but Isisi as been around long before this planet was created. I watched it be molded when I was younger, maybe 20? Yes I am almost 98 now, so I do think that's right. She said, remembering the time she peered into the night sky and saw this planet be created. It was such a wonderful experience to see a whole nation gather out of nothing, she could never forget that sight. A grimace crosses her face at her next question, an ache forming in her chest. She missed her mother, her father, her brother, she missed all of Isisi, but they probably do not miss her, why else would they send her away? Yes Katerina would prefer to consider her coming here her own choice, but the interstellar knew it wasn't so. She wipes away the look though and sets her face in kind lines, "I am here, and will always be. There are others like me at home though, they have constellations on their skin as well." She said, glancing at the intrigued bird, a slight chuckle escaping from onyx lips at the sight.

Her thoughts melt away though when Elsa explains the idea of companionship to her. She is entirely invested in learning new things, and as this was new, she gave Elsa her undivided attention as Elsa spoke about it. It was interesting, and one day Katerina hoped that she too could have one of her own. She always wanted a child, always wanted something someone to love, but she was sterile and the thought had been stolen from her before she could even dream of the possibilities. Shutting away the depression of that ordeal, she spoke with lacings of awe. "I am truly mesmerized. That is so neat, I hope I can come across one of these eggs as you say it." She stated, another question bubbling from her mouth then, "Do you know perchance, how I could become a nurse? I'd really like to start pulling my weight here, and I have quite an extensive amount of medicine knowledge." She asks, hoping she didn't sound demanding.

OCC: 

image credits