the Rift

Magic and Minds [God of the Sun]

Olema Surema Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[I understand that the VOTG pass I won will only to apply to one of them, so I'd like it to go to Surema's request, and would like a die roll for Olema's request please <3

Details of what they want:

Olema -- Light .. Can choose to copy the magical traits of another if she has touched them. Is able to then replicate the other's magic, although not with as great control or stamina. Can only retain one individual's magic at a time. (upgrade to able to copy all their abilities if unable to do so at start.)

Surema -- Light .. Can communicate telepathically with Olema when they both choose so. [Surema] (upgrade to communicating with everyone if unable to do so at the start)
*Is able to speak to the mind and hear unspoken thoughts. Not read the mind or force herself into it.

ALSO I think sun god is still banished? Not sure when it ends =/ so if he can't reply at all right now I guess just...put this on hold until he can?]

We ran from the dust and the devils that lived in the throat. The sister had known us for imposters, though she did not seem to say it, her eyes burned holes in the Olema Ophelia and we knew.

We had failed.

We do not often fail at our games so it came as quite a shock. Though we do not often play such risky games, at least not when the risk is on us. But it gives us a rush that we cannot deny. Tangled up together after the heat of danger had passed we giggled at the impossibility of trying it again. The shade had sheltered us under a tree in the Meadow and we had lazed like the world belonged to us again.

We could not deny some of the slips made before though. We realized it was perhaps unwise to tell our names just before stealing someone. We did not expect she could talk in our heads though, that she would feel it. No one else had ever felt it before, but she had been a weird one. Surema still seemed shaken by that mare and had eagerly let go of the memories the moment I had let go of her body.

Together we had murmured in the twilight, fearful to take again when the last had been so disastrous. Although all the times prior had never compared and we desperately needed the practice at it, Surema had only pressed her lips into a thin line and rebuked. She was afraid of letting me go into the danger alone. She was afraid of relying upon testing and memory to prepare us. We need something more, something better.

So we came here.

Our hooves trace a steady path up the rocky incline. Though our wings might have made the ordeal easier, something told us the trek was a better choice than seemingly calm winds. Surely the gods would not favor the pegasus so obviously, Surema guessed so at least. She thought the air up there would be fierce and violent. Better to walk we agreed, not being the strongest of fliers.

We never liked to walk but side by side, but today we had to appease the gods, not our hearts. I shouldered ahead while Surema scouted behind, worry creasing her brow. She did not enjoy the prospect of asking others to grant us things, we both know it will not come free even if it seems as much. What will they take of us? We both wondered this silently, the fear plain in our eyes each time they flittered together and back apart. Yet we had little choice, Surema knew, so she did not argue with my idea.

I wished she would have tried to talk us out of it. Now I regret it.

We crest the hill with dark creases in our muscles where sweat gathered. Out breaths came like dragon smoke as we exhaled hard and fast, hunkered against the winter's cold, though it did not seem to touch the fiery magma of this mountain nearly as well. As a pair we moved towards the sun-gold shrine. We glanced at each other, wings wrapped on each other's backs to lend support and courage.

We did not know these gods.
We did not cherish these gods.
We only needed this gods.

Some dirt on our knees was a small thing for victory in all the games yet to come. We nodded and together, our voices lifted, steadier than our hearts felt.

"God that heralds the gifts of mind and fire. We would ask of you to appear and hear our prayers!"

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Sun God has been exiled and is outcast until further notice