the Rift

[PRIVATE] Do you like you? Because I like you.

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
You can have your very own
Devil at the cross roads

The warmth of the fire crackled and popped with sounds of burning wood. His gray eyes watched it with intent as the flames grew and burned brighter and brighter. His cracked hoof scuffled a small rock closer to the fire in attempt to withhold the burning sparks in the small ring. The cave danced with dark shadows all around and the clouds were upon the Basin. The night had just started with a wicked sunset bringing his curse to life. As he gray eyes looked upon the mountain horizon he watched the last of the light touch the snow covered world. Gray stone orbs closed softly he knew what was coming next. The blistering winds outside called for a stormy night. Just as fast as the sun set his pelt flared with open wounds. The once sealed scars oozed and dripped the crimson substance. Luckily he had only obtained a few wounds since acquiring this curse. The rings where Ashamin had eclectically burnt him on his pasterns oozed in a perfect crimson circle. A few cuts in his onyx pelt opened as well, but it was not all of the scars.

Stone orbs closed as he let the smell from the smoke fill his maw. He knew what this curse was, it come from his father. Nox was immortal, he could never be killed; unless he was decapitated. This cure was passed down in the family, and now he will feel every scar come back to life again from now on. A sigh left his maw, but the warmth of his cave kept it from freezing. The fire was doing it's job on this frozen night. The flickering light danced across his hard features as the crimson blood dripped down upon the stone floor. Gray eyes followed the trail down to the stone. Nox knew as soon as the moon peered back out the pain and bleeding would go away, but nothing else would stop it, Nothing. A grunt left his maw as he lowered his head to throw two more logs into the ever starving fire.

All he had to do was feed the hungry beast and in return it offered him warmth and protection from the frost bite temperatures of the cold season in the Basin. His mind trailed off to the thoughts of Tiamat. It was the only hing to keep his mind off the bleeding scars. That night in the Blue was the best night of his life, he had not seen her to much since then. His feeling were still just as strong, but he knew he had to help her find where she came from. He would do anything for her. He would give her the world if it meant keeping her happy. A small smile crept across his face as she kept on thinking about the blue mare. The pain wilted away, but the scars still bleed and stung. Then thought of the blue mare just made him not feel pain and hurt any longer.

"Talk."

image credits

@Tiamat

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean mare stands at no particular place, her cloven hooves buried in the soft snow with a trail of hoof prints curling behind her, white eyes looking out over the mountain valley before her gaze trails upward. The sun has since disappeared behind the frosted peaks, leaving the Basin in a haze of twilight. Clouds, swollen with the promise of a storm, hang low, dipping beneath the white summits to shadow them ominously. Tiamat shivers as the gales of winter winds envelope her dainty figure, but she lingers a moment longer.

“Goodnight, Mama,” her soft voice is lost too soon to the winds, but Tiamat knows that she is heard—her mother always hears her, always listens, and is always watching over her. It won’t be long before the light of day is tucked into night’s velvet blanket, unfolding the stage for her sister stars. However, the ocean mare is nearly sure that she won’t be able to gaze upon their beauty tonight—it would seem like her sister clouds are not anxious to give up their limelight. Huffing a sigh from her nostrils and smiling to herself, she finally moves, the length of her leonine tail curling around her legs.

The blue mare bows her body against the blustering breath of Frostfall, her dark hair dancing in wild billows about her face. The chiming of her seashells peal to the steady whistle of her horn, the hollow decorations singing their own song as the breeze trills through their carved designs. It is the song of nature—of her family—that urges slender legs forward, eyes squinting through the gloomy darkness to see the flickering warmth of a fire ahead.

Recognizing it as the cave of her dear friend, Tiamat presses forward, slipping only once or twice over the rocks before reaching the cozy cavern. “Good evening, Nox,” the blue mare greets him happily, her gaze averted as she shakes herself free from the snow that had been carried from the ground, flakes of white dust wafting from her back and hair as she does so. “How ar—” Tiamat’s voice is stolen from her when she looks to him, her throat tightening and eyes widening in something between horror and surprise.

The black stallion’s skin—normally calloused with scars—is now freshly marred, bleeding with raw wounds that drip their thick liquid over his muscles and onto the stone floor. Needless to say, she had not expected to see him like this. “Nox! What happened—are you okay? Do you have herbs? I do, let me help,” Tiamat’s words spill from her lips in a quick rush, her mind turning like clockwork as she decides what needs to be done to heal him. Rushing to his side, she combs urgently through her medicines.

“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!
@Mortuus Nox | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Dressy
Devil at the cross roads

The cold Frost Fall air stung the open wounds as the storm allowed its winds to enter his cave uninvited. His black ghost like body huddles around the roaring fire when he heard another enter his cave. It was not the wind this time though. There was life to the creature walking in, it was someone he knew and well loved. Tiamat shook the winter flakes off her deep blue coat, as stone orbs looked up to meet her eye contact. Her voice was like a sweet song hitting his ears as she greeted him. A lonely smile curled across his face as he looked at her. She had so much life in her soul unlike himself, but when he was with her that all changed. "hello my ocean mare." he chuckled lightly as her eyes finally caught the dripping scars.

Her voice shrilled as she panic took over her whole body. She asked what happened and how it happened. Her blue body rushed to his side asking about herbs and trying to find her own. His muzzled reached out rubbing her cheek ever so softly with his black velvet muzzle. "Nothing Happened love... It's... a Curse that runs in my family. I thought I would be the lucky one and not get it, but I was wrong. I have immortality, I will never be able to die. There is a cost though.. Every stormy night or cloudy night my scars will open once again to bleed. On the clear nights they will glow. " He pressed his large skull against her neck as the crimson substance dripped down his legs and muscles. "The Herbs wont help, only when the clouds and storm clears will it get better. It is not as bad as it looks it only hurts..... a bit" He offered the blue mare a smile to hope she would get more comfortable and to ease her worry. "I am sorry you have to see this." His gray eyes looked down towards the warm fire. He could not stand to see the blue mare upset, especially if it was something that he had done, or his curse had done.

His eyes watched the fire unable to look at the sweet mare. He did not want to see her pain and hurt as she looked at him. He wished he could comfort her by telling her it will all be over soon, but he was not sure when it would end. The demonic crown lowered to push another log closer to the fire. He could at least offer her warmth in this storm. The Fire crackled and spat out embers as the smoke flew out of the opening of the cave. Nox looked back up and into the mares pale eyes. For once his stone orbs glowed with warmth as he looked upon the sweet mare.

"Talk."

@Tiamat

image credits

@Tiamat

Anxiously the ocean mare combs through the herbs braided in her hair, grasping in her lips those of healing and comfort, though the twisting of her stomach only tightens with the sight of the stallion’s fresh, dripping wounds. She feels his touch when he reaches out, stroking her cheek and urging her away from her herbs. “But, Nox—” Tiamat protests, unwilling to take no for an answer and simply stand by while her dear friend suffers. Her eyes dart to his—her gaze earnest and worried—expecting to see the same reflected in his own, but instead he is warm, calm.

Almost begrudgingly, she surrenders the sprigs she had grasped, her eyes never straying from his as she searches for an explanation. She must trust him; over and over she reminds herself of this, certain that Nox wouldn’t simply choose to wallow in this agony that must surely haunt him. Leaning a step closer to the scarred stallion, the blue mare listens. With every word that is spun from his lips, her brows knit closer together, the paleness of her eyes shining with a mixture of horror, compassion, sorrow, and concern.

“A curse? When did this happen?” Tiamat breathes when he is finished, frustrated by the misfortune that has been forced upon him. She remembers when she had first met Johnny, how he had explained the curse put upon him to turn him to sugar and candy—and how, despite the witch’s terrible intentions, he had made the best of it. It is obvious to see that the little stallion is just as happy as ever.

However, it is difficult for the blue mare to see an upside to Nox’s particular curse. To have to relive every one of your wounds every night? Where is the compassion in that? Who would do such a dreadful thing?! “I’m so sorry!” She cries, moving to the stallion’s side and pressing herself gingerly against his shoulder, resting her head against his bruised and bloodied neck. It does not bother her to be stained by blood and gore—not when the damage has already been done.

Where it possible, she would take this upon herself, if only to spare him.

Her eyes sting with the threat of tears, the crisp, flickering flames blurring into something like vibrant strokes of watercolor before her eyes. “Is there nothing you can do? Is there nothing I can do?” Tiamat’s voice is almost a whimper, refusing to release her tiny thread of hope, and unwilling to accept that she can do nothing. The world cannot be that cruel. It just can’t. For a long moment she rests in silence, mulling over her anxious thoughts, before she slowly pulls away. Moving just enough to seek his gaze, Tiamat whispers sadly, a hint of desperation lingering beneath her shining eyes, “The price to never die…is it really worth it when you must suffer so?”

“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!

Dressy
Devil at the cross roads

Gray eyes showed sorrow as the blue mare could not stop trying to help him. She wanted to pack his wounds with herbs, but they still bleed. Wounds stung and dripped with crimson substance down his muscled body. His eyes looked to hers as she asked about his curse and when did it happen to him. The words flowed out of his mouth in a husky drawl."It runs in the family, I thought I escaped the curse because when I was three it had not plagued me yet. I guess I was wrong, but there is not always pain every night love... There is beauty with it as well ." He smiled softly pushing his large skull into her neck.

Tears streamed down her face and as he tried to wipe them away she moved to his side. Her warm body softly touch his side and her head rested on his neck. His muscled neck reached over to nuzzle her soft chest. "None of this is your fault Tiamat. You have given everything to me, and I know If you could help this you would try your damnist. Please do not beat your self up, you have too much going for you and your life to beat your self up. Do not let me drag you down. I would never want to pull an angel from heaven, just to make her feel like she is in hell." He knew he was hurting her. Nox knew that she hated anything that had to do with pain and blood. A single tear dripped from his warmed stone eyes.

His heart hurt so bad when she asked if there was nothing that she could do. There was nothing anyone could do, but she could do one thing for him. He just wanted her... She could help him by being his. Gray orbs turned to look at her with a soft smile."I wish you could help this, and I wish I could... But we can't. The only thing you can do for me is just love me for me, because Tiamat I know you might not understand this feeling but I love you. I know you need to learn about your owe self, but you need to just love your self just as much as I do. You have the world going for you, but I feel like you are holding back; because you say you don't know you. I know you and I love what I know about you." He let his emotions run from him as he watched the storm outside blister and blow. Blood still dripped to the stone floor, staining it crimson. Then she asked is it worth living forever, he had to think about that. His head shook softly as he leaned softly into her soft blue pelt."It can be worth it, there is not always pain and suffering. Most nights I am fine, and it does not really bother me too much. It looks worse than what it really is. Now If I had to live my life with out you in it, that may be different." He chuckled slightly nuzzling her chest again. The scars bleed and burnt, but he ignored the pain to try and keep her happy. He would give his life for her happines.

"Talk."

OOC:: <3 :')

image credits

@Tiamat

The black stallion does his best to ease her worry, but it still weighs heavily on her mind. It is in her nature to be so concerned of others, putting their wellbeing ahead of her own, wanting with every part of her heart to mend the wounds that life sees fit to give them. Blue lips press together as her brow puckers, dainty ears flicking back in uncertainty as he explains the origins of his plight; how it has run in their family, how he thought he had escaped it, how there is beauty with it as well. “What beauty?” She demands with pain in her voice, white eyes wide as she looks to his scarred face, her sheltered mind struggling to find any kind of grace in this plague.

She closes her eyes when he reaches towards her, his whiskery muzzle stroking gently against her wet cheeks, brushing the tears that continue to well and spill over long, dark lashes. There is little comfort in his assurances, his offers of relief doing little to calm her aching heart (and she chides herself for being so selfish, for pitying herself when her dear friend stands at her side, bleeding).

“But you’re not in hell, Nox—you can’t be, I won’t allow it,” a trembling breath of a chuckle manages to whisper past soft lips, her effort at humor not disguising the earnestness of her words. The black stallion has done so much to be rid of his demons, Tiamat knows this, and knows that there is pureness in his heart. If only he could see it himself! She holds his gaze a moment longer before resting again, pressing her head lightly against his broad shoulder and her eyes settling on the fire, watching as the vibrant flames flicker and crackle.

The atmosphere shifts as their conversation continues, adopting a different somber tone, one laced with wonder and mystery rather than pain and blood. The ocean mare finds her mind clutching at Nox’s words, absorbing them, pondering them, if only to distract herself from the gore that drips ominously to the stone floor. “I do love you,” she insists without hesitation, but immediately she pauses, knowing that there is a deeper meaning to his words. “And yet, there is so much that I don’t know—about love, about me, about life. We’re constantly learning about this beautiful world around us, and the person within.”

She exhales something of a sigh, a smile brightening the corners of her mouth. “Isn’t it wonderful?” There is a luster again to her tone, reminiscent of her usual cheer, ever eager to learn and seek after knowledge. Nuzzling against his shoulder, she chuckles airily, glancing up to him with eyes framed in firelight. “I don’t plan on going anywhere soon,” Tiamat assures him, before continuing after a short pause. “What of the pain? If these wounds can’t be healed, can you at least be eased of their suffering?” It is her final dash of effort (or so she tells herself), nearly unable to accept the reality that she can do nothing.

“Speech.”
dreaming the day away!

Dressy
Devil at the cross roads

She asked the simple question of what beauty and his gray eyes wondered over the clouds storming outside. He watched with a smile creeping across is maw and his eyes just sat cold for a moment. If only the beauty would reveal its self. She would understand what he was saying, magic can be dark, but not all is so bad. Sometimes things look worse then what they really are. Just as he was about to answer her question the clouds dissipated and the moon started to peak around from its blanket of storms. The crystal clear night was upon the Basin once more and the weeping cuts began to heal. They did not scab nor drip a single drop of the crimson blood. They sealed shut like nothing was ever there, and his pelt looked normal once again. One thing was different the intertwining scars held a eerie glow to them. They looked as if his soul was trying t reach out and touch the blue mare.

Softened eyes watched the mare he had started to fall in love with. "You see, not all curses are bad all the time. It is the storms and clouds that bring them to bleed. When it is clear they glow." Honey soaked words dripped from his lips has he spoke. There was not a single ounce of blood left on his body, but the cave floor was soaked with the horrors. He frowned slightly as he looked her her pelt, she was still covered in his blood. Nox reached out to comfort the mare as she spoke her words. His cheek brushed against the bloody shoulder of the ocean mare. "Be my angel then and pull me to heaven with you... Save my soul and never leave me. Guide me to the right path and be there for me if I fall down." He smiled softly knowing the mare had so much to learn. " Teach me and I will teach you. We will learn from each other my Love. I know you have a lot to learn, but so do I. I think we can do anything Together.." He chuckled slightly. She made him feel something he has never felt before. "I can now see the world is wonderful with the help of you. Tiamat I feel like I can now see the world and its wonders like you see it.." He smiled brightly as she asked about the wounds once again. "Now that they are fully healed and have this light glow feel no pain any more." He took a step closer to her so his shoulder touched hers. His demonic skull reached to touch her spine softly. His maw parted softly to groom her with a light touch as his stone colored eyes shut for a moment taking in everything, and thinking about only them at this point of time.

"Talk."

OOC:: I AM SOOOO BAD!!!!!! IM SOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!! <3

image credits

@Tiamat