[OPEN] One Million Bullets

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep them on a leash

To the land of the sun I returned. To the sweeping, sand-kissed plains did I again wander… Only this time things were different. This time I was accompanied by days of old and by a sister who was and is dear to my heart. Somehow I felt as though this was how it was always meant to be, despite the heartache we had suffered in the Falls. There was something about being accompanied by Ghost that encouraged me to want more than I’d ever had. Even as I trailed the beautiful, raven colored mare back into the southern realms of Helovia, I felt at peace. However, the land appeared to be changed by time… or something entirely less organic. It was quiet, almost frighteningly so, and somewhat different. What had I missed in my time away?

Autumn had come to sweep the stifling heat beneath a rug of brightly colored leaves as we passed through Thistle Meadow. The flowers had begun to fade and the vibrant, tall grasses had begun to brown. It was a familiar sight to me and even as Romul pranced about, chasing Fantôme no doubt, he relayed images of the woods beyond. There came flashes of dark tree trunks and trodden pathways that had been worn away through the years. Sometimes I would catch a goofy, wolfish smile as Romul and his younger counterpart romped and played as they trailed just behind Ghost and I. It was times like these that I truly appreciated friendship… It wasn’t often that I was able to depend on another for comfort, aside from Romul, and there something freeing in the idea. Instead of watching over my shoulder to make sure I wasn’t being followed by a hungry predator or some manic creature of the night, I was content to meander lazily astride the Cadaverous.

However, when the smoothed dunes of the Throat became more apparent in the distance, I became slightly more alert. I worried that the warriors of the Throat would think less of the creature I’d become. Where once I’d been a whirlwind, challenging the various obstacles in my way, I was now something lesser… something unrecognizable. I blamed myself for the inevitable decline that accompanied a nomadic life, but there was little time to fret over appearances when the only face I called upon was that of a stubborn, callous wolf. “I intend to maintain my previous duties as a spy,” I informed as we neared the shallow banks between Helovia and the sands of the Throat beyond. “-as long as it suits you that is. I’m certain that I’ll be needing a sincere brush up.

The last time I’d found myself upon these very shores, I’d encountered the stunning, tiger-striped Priestess and she had allowed me passage into the warmth of the desert. This time however, I was comfortable knowing that Ghost would lead me across the mote and into the sun. How I had missed the security of such relationships… I wasn’t sure if the ignorant beast called Bucephalus still resided in the Throat, and though I hoped it wasn’t true, at least he hadn’t returned to the position I’d stripped him of. At least there sat a worthy leader, one who’d proven herself time and again, at the head of that mysterious table. “What’s happened since I’ve been gone? It seems… so different in Helovia these days
Mischief@DA

@Ghost || Open to all

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
SIRENS AND SMOKE REMIND US

As they had travelled Ghost had spared a few glances towards her friend, thoughtful glances filled with questions and curiosity. It was hard to believe that once the banshee had not ever wanted friends, had always wanted to be alone and never associated herself with too many souls. What had changed to make her change? As she had gazed at Essetia she wondered if it was because of horses like her, who got close to her despite her peculiar nature and showed her that some emotions were worth experiencing. That having a few friends to share her memories with made them more memorable than if she had been alone. Ghost had come a long way from what she used to be and she had a small suspicion that perhaps Essetia was the same, or at least similar. It wasn’t just the battle for the Falls, it was something else, something too big for words. Or perhaps the sprite was speculating too much and reading way too far into things. In the end, she shrugged her curiosity off and enjoyed the easy companionship the accompanied their journey, enjoying the new sights that came with the appearance of Orangemoon. Even Fantôme was happy to have a friend who was much like him.

As they approached the Dragons Throat, Ghost had become so comfortable in the simplicity of their companionship that the sound of Essetia’s voice made her jump and jolted her back into the present. "I’d be disappointed if you came back saying you wanted to be anything else but a spy" she snorted, giving the girl a side glance "with your experience, I don’t think it will take long for you to get back into it" she shrugged, Essetia was just as capable as Ghost at sneaking around anyway.

The two approached the shoreline that cut the Throat off from the mainland of Helovia, the lacking of land never troubled the winged hybrid, but she imagined it was rather disconcerting to those who did not fly. It was almost like if you wanted to join the desert land then flight must be forced upon you. It was an intriguing natural defence, but islands soon became traps for its own people if a clever army invaded. "Here" she said, tossing her key to Essetia "my key should help you cross" she nodded to the gap between lands before taking to the skies herself and then she considered the question the girl had last asked.

"Different?" Ghost echoed Essetia thoughtfully. Was it all that different? Helovia seemed to go through cycles of blissful peace that expired into hell. "It is peaceful now, but we’ve had some strange occurrences" she thought back to the rifts and the battles, the deaths and the new lands. "A little while ago the Gods discovered new parts of Helovia, the Blood Falls just north of the Threshold, the Halcyon Flats south-ish of the Deep Forest and the Riptide Isles just off the coast of the Flats to the East of the Throat island. There is another place though I do no know where it is" she began the tale; there was one more unknown land on her to do list to discover. "However with these lands came strange Rifts to other, darker worlds and through these Rifts came horses whom our Gods claimed to be saving. However, they also brought evil Gods with them, we had to fight and much blood was shed. However, I believe these places are now neutralised" she said the last line with less confidence, the Gods hadn’t been exactly right in all of their predictions after all. "Disease also came through these so-called Rifts, we had a few strange cases in the Throat, but this too I believe has been cured" her nose visibly rippled, Ghost had not been secret about her distaste when it came to disease and sickness.

"Sorry it’s a rather convoluted story, but I suppose Helovia may seem quiet because of what happened" she looked at Essetia, perhaps because Ghost hadn’t been outside of the land it seemed the same as usual to her.

Finally, her lips twisted into a humourous smile as she reached down and grabbed her necklace, the vial of tiger God blood swinging on the end of it "look I even got a souvenir!" she laughed and only when the laughter trailed off did she look to her friend speculatively "so, what happened to you?"

MAYBE THE WORLD WON'T FIND US

@Essetia
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Essetia & Romul

Upon Ghost’s arrival along the opposite shore, she jested about my return as a spy. I smiled lightly at the idea, but briefly considered what I’d look like as some mopey healer or some oracle for the gods. Clearly I wasn’t fit for either and the image only confirmed what I already knew- she was right. “Maybe, but I think a couple of good lessons might benefit me. Or perhaps a trial assignment, what do you think?” I questioned with a knowing smirk. Herd life could be a lazy one if you’re surrounded by warriors who can so often defend their own treasures and loved ones. At least I could give the Cadaverous a good reason to keep me and the other spies in line. However, she surprised me when she tossed a chunk of metal toward me, expecting me to be prepared enough to catch it. I stumbled a bit, but ultimately prevailed… Point is: she kept me on my toes.

Yet, it was strange to hold the key Ghost had proffered between my lips. It not only signified her trust in me as friend and confidant, but as sister to the Throat as well. However, I’d never quite experienced its magic on my own and I was more than eager to test the desert’s defenses against intruders (and myself). I hadn’t been born with wings and in a lot of ways I was glad for it, because my father had been less than blessed by the Gods. I could remember all too well the feeble sprouts he carried upon his shoulders that last time I’d had heart enough to admire them. They were the one feature he’d been burdened with that made him appear weak in the face of newcomers. Of course, I hadn’t been fooled by his hearty, masculine demeanor… I knew him to be impulsive and dumb, childish even. I was glad the dope had disappeared from my life; I’d become stronger for it.

With a small grunt directed at Romul, I stepped forward toward the channel and watched quietly as the waters began drift away below me. It didn’t happen all at once like I’d desired, but instead very slowly- I was flying. My stomach felt as though it had dropped away from my body and my legs flailed a bit, but I was most certainly flying. Cautiously I glanced around, while straining my neck to do so, to see if Ghost had followed. Of course, I was too nervous and the flight was much too short for me to catch any signs of the raven sleuth until we’d made it to the other side. I was glad to feel the sand beneath my hooves once more, though perhaps only after forgetting what it was like to stand, and I bent to inhale the dusty scent of the land I again called home. Romul appeared quite startled as well, as if I hadn’t warned him what was coming, but of course creatures as simple as he were too often taken by the magic and wonder of a land so vastly filled with mystery.

However, when I’d questioned if things had changed, the Cadaverous seemed off-put by my wondering. At first I was worried that I’d been completely adrift and certainly wrong in my assumptions, but tales of rift monsters and outlandish creatures dwelling beneath the earth qualified as different to me. There had been war and disease and death if I wasn’t reaching too far… Everything was indeed different. “How does one know if those places are neutralized? And the new lands… are they a gift or a curse?” I glanced down at the vial of liquid Ghost wore about her neck and stared for a while. It appeared to be the blood of some creature, though it looked a little odd in my opinion. “What it’s there and where did it come from?” I pressed, while watching the red fluid bend and sway against the movement of her breathing. As if she hadn’t just told a story of blood and loss, Ghost moved on to the unimportant pieces of my missing life. I tried not to shake her attempts to pry and instead embraced her as the friend she was and sighed. “I left after the invasion and Midas’ death. It was too much for me to bear… I thought that taking up residence in the Throat would cure the pain of such defeat, but ultimately it only reminded me of what the Falls could no longer have. It was a moment of weakness and one that I’m not proud of, but I’m hoping that my return will heal any ills my friends and family might’ve endured.
Mischief@DA
@Ghost

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
SIRENS AND SMOKE REMIND US

As the blood splashed against the sides of its container, gloopy red drool clinging to the glass, Ghost wondered what kind of God gave out blood as a present? “Oh hey well done, take this bloody souvenir” and it wasn’t everybody that got one either, just a chosen few. Did it have some sort of power? Or was it just a token of appreciation, a weird token at that, it made the innocent image of the kind old Earth God contort in her mind somewhat. Seriously, who gave out blood as a present? “I could give you an assignment, if that is what you wish… Though I have not one in my mind now…” she paused a moment to think and then embellished a little more “we could do with more spies. Perhaps you could persuade some others to join us” she nodded. Ghost wasn’t after a large contingent of spies, but she certainly wanted more than what they had now. “I’m not entirely sure on herd relations regarding the Dragons Throat, so keep your thieving to those who appear unaligned for now” she added at the end, though Ghost found it boring that there was no high risk involved, she didn’t want to aggravate her new rulers after so recently vowing her loyalty.

To Essetia’s next question, that was proffered as they travelled towards the Throat, Ghost could offer little but an unknowing shrug. “I don’t know, the Earth God said that it had ended, if you believe a God, then it should have been neutralised. As to the new lands… We’ll find out I suppose” she wished she could be more helpful to Essetia, but that was all Ghost knew. The new lands certainly held their own treasures and were places to be explored, but was the Earth God certain that there were no monsters or demons left roaming around? This was Helovia and Ghost was wise enough by now to know that not everything the almighty said was necessarily true. “Tiger God blood, I got it as a gift…” she paused, thinking back to her earlier thoughts and a light laugh bubbled off her lips “I’m not sure whether to be thankful or troubled” the sprite finished. After all, they had fought the foreign God because it was not of this land; it brought evil with it and threatened to harm the citizens of Helovia. This led to Ghost wondering if having the blood of an evil God was really a nice thing.

After that, Ghost listened intently to Essetia’s story that explained what happened to her after the invasion. The banshee felt a little sorry for the girl, but was also surprised at her broken spirit. Essetia had always appeared to Ghost to be strong in heart and mind, what had they done in the Basin and subsequently to Midas that had haunted her so badly. Then Ghost reminded herself that she too had spent sometime in the Wilds, contemplating what she should do next and lamenting what she had lost. Perhaps it wasn’t surprising after all that this had been Essetia’s reaction. “I’m sure your return will help many. I too spent a long time roaming the Wilds not really knowing which direction I should go in. I’m glad we ended up in the same place” she laughed at the end.

[ahahghr I suck, I was eaten by exams and holidays D: feel free to wrap it up here if you want, I know this thread is quite old now.]

MAYBE THE WORLD WON'T FIND US

@Essetia
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Essetia & Romul

I could remember now the thrill of battle and how it had coerced me from my quiet bed in order to rise toward the sun, to challenge the fool Bucephalus. Clearly his fall from fame was warranted, because he certainly hadn’t returned. His words had been so biting, so self-assured, that I found it humorous that Ghost had filled the vacancy I’d left behind. Women from the Falls were not specimens to jest with or threaten- we took what we wanted with the skill and tact of more seasoned authorities (or at least where Ghost was concerned). I doubted my own wayward abilities to act rationally when my heart was involved.

While distracted by images of the scuffle between myself and the Sleuth before me, I nearly missed Ghost’s approval of my training request. I wanted nothing more than become efficient where I’d once been merely conceited. After all, if one put in the time then they would reap the benefits, would they not? That’s what I hoped would become of my efforts, so long as the Cadaverous was willing to mentor me in the way of her arts and obvious skill. That’s a job that I would love nothing more than to assist with. We’re a minority it seems and I’d like to see our numbers grow,” I answered with obvious determination. “We’re surrounded by warriors here it seems, but it wouldn’t hurt to give them a helping hand.” It was certainly the truth. In the time I’d come and gone, only to return again, I’d noticed the certainty in the way the residents of the Throat carried themselves. They were strong, undeniably so, and trained to craft and wield objects of war. It was only right that whoever I collected for their ranks had at least as much heart as those who’d welcomed me.

The Cadaverous was moving on quickly, being careful to note that our alliances were pertinent to our skill. However, the information left little to the imagination and I wondered what kind of allegiances we carried… What of the Falls? The Edge? The Basin? It seemed like an important matter that needed to be discussed and so I vowed to find the time to question an individual of the right authority in order to nail down any ties we shared with the lands beyond. I hadn’t any reason to go about stealing precious items for the sake of entertainment, but if the day ever arose, at least I could be prepared. “I’ll make no attempts without your permission.”

Yet, my musings were quickly swayed at the mention of the rifts. According to Ghost, the God of the Earth had claimed they were settled, packed away into a neat little corner where they would hopefully die in peace. I was still skeptical about them though- still curious as to whether or not the God spoke true. I nodded lightly toward her comment, but didn’t have the reason enough to speak for it. Even when she admitted that the vial that hung about her neck had been received as a gift from the obvious rift wars, I could not find the words to justify or understand it all. It was a piece in her timeline that would never find a place in mine… and that was just that.

As we stood alongside each other, both euphoric and perhaps a bit thoughtful about my return, her own ability to make it happen, and everything in between, I listened to her tales. She too had been struck by the pains of invasion and she too had been lost for a time. Together we were sisters for those reasons and for the second time I vowed never to leave her again… She was indeed a friend that I’d made for life, perhaps the only friend I’d ever made alongside Elsa. I was glad… so very glad that we had found our way back to one another. Ghost may have laughed, perhaps relieved, perhaps regretful, but I was still grateful for the fates. “I am too… Trust me, I am.”
Mischief@DA
@Ghost Just wanted to close it out :3