the Rift

[OPEN] tell me what to do to make it all feel better

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

Hera was on her mind lately. She hadn’t seen the girl since comforting her in the rain. It made her extremely uncomfortable not knowing the fate of the poor child. The last thing that needed to happen was for Hera to turn into Auriel or Shida. Not that they were bad children, but their childhood had been stolen too early. No child in her presence would ever endure it, and she would kill herself to make sure that happened. 

Edgar sat quietly on her head, thinking back to all the rain. It was just a blur that day, and he couldn’t see anything. Then the next there were no signs, then the next, and the next. It was as if Hera had popped out of thin air. Whomever her mother was, she certainly not looking to be found. She left no tracks or remnants of her existence. Elsa hissed in anger, Edgar sending cooling thoughts toward his broiling bonded. The stress lately had changed from sadness to anger, more than likely due to the change of things around the Edge.

”Hera!” She called out as merrily as she could. All she needed to see was that she was okay, and actually okay not just getting by. Tembovu seemed to have a connection to children, so part of her hoped he had helped her since Elsa was incapable at being a parent. He had run toward Erthe that one night, and then showed up when Hera was in danger. That already put him feet above her on that ladder. So the two quietly awaited the small body to make an appearance.

@Hera
 "talk" 
image credits

@Hera sorry its a crappy opening post!
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel

Day 2
Things still seem as dull and sad as they where yesterday since Temby broke the news to her that she was all alone. Mama had forgotten about her and had left her out in that storm to die and it was all her fault. Maybe if she had been better and more likable Mama would have wanted her still. After that scary episode with the icy feeling where Temby had backed away from her like she was some monster she was scared of herself. She still didn't know what had happened but he had yelled at her and that was always a bad thing. Mama had never yelled at her before cept when she was doing something wrong. Her knees still hurt where the gravel and dirt had managed to work their way into the cuts making the skin all red and swollen now. They hurt, she was still hungry but she really didn't care anymore now that she knew Mama wasn't coming back.

Pricking her ears to a feminine voice calling her name she turns away for a moment thinking she is just hearing things. No, she had definitely heard her name being called.. Turning back she finds herself eagerly moving towards the caller on the smallest chance that it was her mama calling her. Had she come back for her? Slowing as a figure came into sight all hope died on her lips as she found Elsa to be the one on the other end. Dropping her head ever so slightly in disappointment she tried to be happy to see the winged mare who had helped her the night before. Without her she would have likely died out in that storm or gotten hit by the scary lightning.

Approaching the filly's instinctive reaction was to go to Elsa's side but the all to fresh memory of what had happened last night still held to much weight over her. She had hurt Temby and she wasn't even sure how. She couldn't go near anyone again not if it meant hurting them despite how much she wanted to curl into Elsa's comforting side.

•• TAGS: @Elsa •• NOTES: ••

“Every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heartbreak and tears”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Elsa,
Feel lucky for what you have, when you have it. Happily ever after doesn’t mean happy forever.

There was a nervous tittering that filled the air. Edgar in particular was worried about the welfare of Hera. For a bird, he had quite the paternal instinct toward foals. Probably enhanced by the fact that Elsa had a very large maternal instinct, and it was a thing she would never be able to shake. What if she had run off because her mother had not returned? It was not safe to be out there alone, especially for a girl of her age. Elsa began to pace nervously back and forth, Edgar eyeing each horizon for the small girl. ’She be here soon.’ He reassured, rubbing his head gently against her poll.

Sure enough, the wise little bird was right. Before she knew it, she was graced with the presence of the painted filly she had worried so much about. A smile grew across her features like a ray of sunshine, spreading quickly and wiping out the darkness in the process. Before even thinking, Elsa moved to close the gap between them. As she drew closer, she opened up her wing. It was an invitation for her to find shelter beneath the giant feather appendages. At least she had found a decent use for them other than flying. She was practically a walking foal umbrella. Quite helpful in these seasons.

”How are you darling? I know your mother hasn’t returned yet, but we won’t give up. If she’s in Helovia, we will find her.” Elsa reassured, lowering her muzzle to try and tousle Hera’s tiny foal mane. Edgar even squawked a hello, raising one of his wings to offer a wave toward his new (unbeknownst to Hera) adopted daughter. Elsa laughed lightly at the bird’s thoughts. He was hardly ready to raise a child, no less a big, running, moving horse-child. She was hardly a bird-sized chick. ”Have you been treated well? I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you all the time recently. Believe me, if I was able I’d make sure to be at your side all the time. So never hesitate to come find me. I don’t care what I am doing, you can come tug at my wing and I’ll help you.” truthfully, she could do it any point. Especially if she was in one of those horrid alliance meetings that were bound to happen soon. Any way those went, Elsa shouldn’t be there or talk. She was much too protective over what she had, and that included the Edge. She would not make a pact with those who would exploit them or cause them harm. The Basin in particular came to mind, and she already was going to let Tembovu handle all the talking. She just knew that any words she spoke would turn to spouting bitterness and anger. In any case, Hera was welcome anywhere anytime.

@Hera

image credits

Outcast
nickel

Hesitating for another couple minutes as the young girl contemplated her options it soon became too much for her to resist. Stepping forward into Elsa's warm embrace she chose to bury her head against her side, hopefully not jabbing her with her horns (that she forgot about often). Closing her eyes just to wallow in the comfort she wished so badly that it was her Mama that she was standing next to, but she knew that was never going to happen again. Fighting back the fresh wave of tears she slowly managed to pull herself together before lifting her head again to face both Elsa and Edgar beaming happily down at her. How was it that they could be so happy? To appease them she tried to offer a faint smile of her own but she doubted that it came across as the happy she was trying to imitate. Her heart still hurt too much to be able to feel happy anymore.

”How are you darling? I know your mother hasn’t returned yet, but we won’t give up. If she’s in Helovia, we will find her.” Completely unsure how to respond to the question she could only manage to shrug her shoulders dejectedly before she decided to reveal to Elsa that Temby had already told her no one was ever going to come for her. "Mama is never coming back, Temby told me so." She said her voice wavering unsteadily as a lump rose in her throat. Again she pressed her head up against Elsa liking the warmth that she provided when she had none of her own. Her body was battered from the whole Helovian adventure she had had thus far and she really just felt like curling up in a ball and waiting for everything to stop hurting. After such a taxing day of sobbing and being an emotional wreck she had felt so tired that she had not even bothered to try and do anything about her knees. Crawling around by the cliff had only served to open the cuts further and embed chunks of stone and dirt into them. Mama would have taken care of her, but she was never coming back.

"Tis ok. Temby was with me yesterday." She said simply not sure what else to say on the matter. She had not really met anyone new, plus she had hidden herself away for most of the time grieving over her mothers departure. With everything going on she had not exactly wanted to meet others just so they could try and make her feel better when it was near impossible.

“Every loss, every mistake, was seared into her soul, creating a different kind of tattoo, one made from rage and abandonment, heartbreak and tears”

Elsa,

The sight of the little child burying her face beneath her wing was enough to make her heart break. She could tell that the girl was shattered inside, but Elsa tried to remain positive. Feeding into the situation and creating more hurt and sadness was never good, and only continued to make the situation worse. The girl had already lost her mother, and she was not about to make it worse by wallowing in could’ve-beens and should’ve-beens. But as she spoke, she could feel her blood starting to boil. Tembovu, of all of them, should not have been the one to tell her that. Didn’t he know how carefully to approach the child? If anybody was going to do it, it should have been Elsa. Oh the next time she saw him he was getting some strong words from her. Elsa simply tried to cradle the child as she just said she spent her time with Tembovu. No offense to this Temby character for trying, but he really, really should not have gotten involved like that.

”A mother is always looking for her child. She may not find you, but you will always be in her heart. I have twin girls, and you know what? They got separated from me when some bad people invaded my homeland. Kind of like how you lose your mom in the storm. I lost them for two whole years before I found them. One is now living here in the Edge with me.” She said quietly, gently moving her wing back and forth across the child to sooth her. Edgar jumped down also, curling up gently on the spotted girl’s rump, hoping she wouldn’t kick him off. This was his way of showing love. ”And don’t be angry at your mother. One of my twins was not happy when I found her, and I really, really tried looking for her. She said I abandoned her, and that hurt worse than the original separation.” She said quietly, looking down into her blue eyes. The flame of hope, which was nothing more than a flicker had to be fed. If it could happen to Elsa, who was literally the epitome of accidents, then Hera had a good chance of one day being reunited.

But thoughts needed to be taken elsewhere if a healthy girl was to thrive here on her own. Wallowing in such pain was hard and exhausting work. ”But in the meantime, I’ll make sure you get the help. I know Tembovu mentioned he knew someone who could feed you since I unfortunately cannot do that myself.” Elsa pledged right then and there to be at her side no matter what happened, and it hurt not being able to care for her. At least that was one of Tembovu’s redeeming qualities right now, and would save him a little wrath later one. ”So if you wanted to grow up to do anything, what would it be? I know around the herd people are working all the time, so if you wanted to start learning how to do some things, I’m sure they would let you tag along.” She added, her gaze lowering back to the child. If she had a passion that would at least help numb the pain for a while until the wound had healed.

@Hera  I am so sorry! I thought I replied to this and realized I didn't. Sorry for the wait. <3

image credits

Outcast
nickel

The feeling of Elsa's soft feathers stroking down the length of her back was in a way comforting to the young filly. Mother had never had wings or anything like them but she had always tried to comfort her when she was sad. Now that she was gone she guessed that Elsa was the next best thing, plus it helped that she liked her. Everything she had ever known was now in the past and she had to face this new uncertain future without any idea of where she was supposed to go. In a month's time she hadn't seen all that much but already in the last day she had discovered that there was so much more out there to see and do (when she wasn't terrified of it that is). Dipping her head down she poked at the nasty wounds on her knees wishing that they would stop hurting her, with so much going on she barely remembered getting them in the first place. Flicking an ear as the mare's voice lulled her brain back to a relatively happier place in time she imagined the twins as smaller replica's of their mother. "Do they look like you do?" She asked curiously looking around in case she missed someone standing nearby.

Feeling something plop down onto her hindquarters the girl found herself craning her neck back to take a look. At first the small fluff of feathers was a mystery but after a moment of careful consideration and thought she remembered the little owl to be Elsa's companion Edgar. A small smile touched her lips at the thought of the little owl actually maybe liking her, her first friend that wasn't of her species. Come to think about it why did an owl prefer to live down here than up in the trees? Guess that would be something she could try and find out another day when her brain wasn't already overwhelmed with all the new information crammed into it. The Edge, the cliff, her mother, magic, it was all too much for someone like her to take in so suddenly.

Not really sure what to think at this point about why she was here all alone she could only nod her head in sullen agreement. All she felt was pain right now, no other emotions had had time to process and turn into anger or whatever else was possible to feel. Sighing softly she knew somehow deep down that Mama was never going to come back. "What if she doesn't ever come back? What will happen then?" She asked wondering what her future might hold. This Edge that they were staying in, would they chase her away? Could she stay here? It was all confusing for someone who didn't even know much about herself or her family. "What do I want to do? Do for what?" She asked furrowing her brow as she contemplated what Elsa could mean. She was only a month old what could she do? Well she could do that strange magic thingy... but that was bad. No she couldn't do that anymore.

•• TAGS: @Elsa •• NOTES: No worries :) ••

Elsa,

A child’s curiosity was one of the most amazing things to her. Though it was obvious Hera understood her story, it was still nice to see childlike wonder in the most mundane of questions. She wanted to know if they looked like her. Note quite, but there was a little glimmer of her in both of them. Auriel more so than Shida, but Shida had her eyes. They were striking blue, and every time she looked into the eyes she saw herself. She saw the same hurt, the same anger, and maybe that’s why they butted heads so much. Since she, unlike Elsa, was not afraid to speak her mind. Much like her father, which, maybe isn’t such a bad thing. Everyone around her knows how they stand with her. Auriel was much more reserved, and had a (seemingly) more emotional heart. She was paler, with a streak of blue, and wings which was what connected them. Elsa always wondered if Shida had been jealous of them. Obviously she had no control over what body parts were attached to which child. Technically, we can make that her dad’s fault. ”Auriel looks like me. She has a bit of blue in her hair, and is a very pale sand color. She has wings too. Shida lives in the Dragon’s Throat, doesn’t look like me, but she has blue eyes. She looks more like her dad.” Elsa shrugged, pausing for a moment as her thoughts wandered back to her girls.

Though of course worry still riddled Hera’s mind. What would happen if her mother never returned? Elsa paused, flicking her tail back and forth as she looked back down to the child tucked under her wing. ”Then you will go strong, and work to show her how strong you are. A mother can feel your feelings, and if you’re in pain or not. Even if we cannot find her, or she cannot find you, it will make her feel much better knowing that you are strong.” It was probably not the words that Hera wanted to hear, but at least it was the truth. Elsa always had a sinking feeling when she was parted with her girls, and by the looks of their reunions… well that made more sense. Both girls were heartbroken and shattered. It broke Elsa inside seeing them like that. Hera’s mother was probably experiencing the same thing out there somewhere, especially when losing her in the wake of a natural disaster.

So Elsa quickly danced to the next topic of “doing” something. Of course she was a child, but Elsa believed having her see different jobs would give her some purpose or meaning to her life. ”See, each member in the herd has their different gifts. Some choose to work to heal others, others like to protect. Some even get to talk to the gods.” Elsa widened her eyes in mock wonder. Though it was kind of badass to get to call upon them every once in a while. ”I chose to be a protector. But what I’m getting at is if you could learn to do anything. Anything at all. What would it be? I can help with magic and fighting, but if you wanted to be a little more “nice” overall – not that I’m bad – but Temby would be able to help you with those things.” She shot Hera a wink, as if signaling that Temby was obviously more boring than herself. However, it was all up to the girl. ”Or if you just want to chill out, I know there are other children in the Edge. I’m sure they would love to play with you.” Edgar peeped signaling that he in fact would love to go with her to play. He was a child at heart.

@Hera

image credits

Outcast
nickel

Listening as Elsa spoke about her family the filly couldn't help but feel like she was being told a story. Her mother used to tell her stories about things like a day where all the kids got presents for being good, elves and all sorts of other magical things. At least that was before she got separated from her.. The pressure built in her chest at all the dead memories that she had with her mother making her feel all sad and lonely despite Elsa and Edgar's presence. She couldn't help but ask herself if it had been her fault that Mama had gotten separated from her? What if she had gone back to search? What if she had waited longer?

Shaking her head she went back to trying to imagine each of the kids Elsa was describing but found she had lost the interest in that topic. Waiting politely until she finished so not to seem rude she eagerly lept at the chance to change topics. While it wasn't the ideal change it was at least something that she could think about rather than the devastating fact that Mother was never coming back. It was the way that Temby had said it that had made things seem so final, those words would forever be ingrained into her memory. She is never coming back...Trying to hide the few tears that fell she dipped her head in shame wiping them away as fast as she could. She couldn't cry not when everyone was around, they would believe her to be a baby. She couldn't be a baby not when she had no mother to take care of her she thought sadly forcing herself to try and think of something else. Jobs... Elsa had mentioned jobs that was what she needed to think about instead of Mama.

"I want to be like you. You help people." She said after a couple minutes of careful consideration. Allowing herself the chance to snuggle in closer to the white pegasus she tried to think of things that she might be able to help with. Maybe she could help protect people like Elsa did. That way maybe mother would want her again and come back for her. It was at least worth a try... wasn't it? "Mama might like me again if I help people." She said softly looking up to her hopefully.

Elsa,

Oh how Hera’s words shattered her heart. It was that instant that everything seemed to fall apart. On the inside she was screaming, crying not for Elsa to lie. On the outside, she was still all smiles, warm and friendly. Her body had never felt so torn before. This girl looked up to her- Elsa should not be a mentor. Her job was darkness- her job was retribution. It was hardly helpful, or pretty. It just happens that every so often a little light like her illuminates the dark.

It scares the shit out of her to be able to see everything around. She is suddenly hyper aware of all her wrong-doings, all the blood she shed, all the caustic words she spewed. Her conscious had been stripped of its clothing, standing right out in the open and Elsa was terrified everybody could see it. It seemed that this knack for punishment and enlightenment always led her to good hearts (like Hera’s) but she still could never change. Instead, she opted to live vicariously through them. Through Jahzara, Hera, Amani… all of her friends were so great compared to her. It still amazed Elsa that anyone gave her the time of day.

”Oh honey your momma will love you all the time.” She said slowly, tucking her wing tighter against the mysterious youngster who was born from storms. A mothers intuition always existed, even if they believed it didn’t. There was an emotional connection that is tethered at birth. Mothers tend to safely abandon their children when they were unable to care for them- not lose them in the middle of a monsoon. ”If you want to be like me, I suggest starting by making some friends. Everyone needs a shoulder to lean against. If you can be there for others, that is the greatest way to help everyone. Not everyone is so nice, and sometimes we just need good friends around here.” Lies, all of it lies. Elsa had a distinct lack of friends in her field of work. She was isolated on the Isle del Freakout; only accompanied by a completely insane bird. Her shoulder could barely carry herself. ”I must head out soon, dear Hera. But I hope to meet with you soon. I want to hear all about the adventures you will no doubt have.” She smiled warmly, content to stand there forever. Unfortunately, other duties called. But Elsa would linger for a moment, allowing Hera to step out from her wing on her own. Elsa couldn’t make the leap for her, and so this was Hera’s first move. ’Leave me. Don’t need me.’ She prayed silently.  

@Hera  ;-; this was so cute. I'm sorry it took me forever, but im glad to get this up. I think its a good wrap up point here, but I totally want to thread with them later. :3

image credits