the Rift

[OPEN] just sleeping to pass the time

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve

Imonada is greeted by an emerald dream when she enters the Labyrinth, the scenery draped in lush velvet as a light misty rain envelopes the forest. Behind steely clouds hides direct suhlight, but it is bright and effervescent here, as if glowing from within. A myriad of bird species sing, hidden among the bamboo and soft carpet of grass beneath, from melodious thrushes to chatty parakeets. It is beautiful here, but deceptively so, still radiating the strange magics that brought upon a violent crashing of two worlds. It was most crazy, for she felt as if she knew this place, despite never having been here. She vaguely remembered being urged to come when she was ill, her self-control eroded by the cancer's deluge, driven to madness and hallucinations; but she had fought the primal call. And yet... that kind of plague changes someone, even if only a little.

A fae, alien presence is here with her, living in the wet roots sunk far into the black ground. Or in the sterling blanket shredded across the pale dome of sky, the sun obscured but still forever floating down the river of time. Imonada senses it, the otherwordliness, the distinct trace of lifeforms not native to this dimension; but she falls prey to it, succumbing to the pressures of magic supernatural and unidentifiable. In the moment she yields she is scattered, becoming nothing more than a puppet, her marionette strings being strung along toward the edge of a nearby pond. It is a beguiling body, unnaturally calm but belying insidious truths; the pool is lipped in a celestial blue before being swallowed by a thick ring of imperial navy with a swirling, circular mass of oily midnight taking final and center stage. She moves close, way too close, peering at her fuzzy reflection. She looks sick inside the image, eyes hollowed, the fine hairs of her face having turned ghost white. 

As she is about to pull back, the waters rise up in tentacles that slither over the shore and wrap around her ankles with an abnormally strong grip. With one tug, the black pegasus is yanked into the depths in frothing violence, waves thrashing against the bejeweled trees. That is -- until the struggle calms and only large bubbles drift up to pop upon reaching the surface.

Fortunately, she took a deep breath, realizing she could not fight it right there and then. But of course, she only has so long. 

"Talk."

@Misael

@A n y o n e

oh god halp
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Silas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stallion walked silently with a determined expression on his face as if he had a set destination. However, for years, the stallion had no one to go to. The tall stallion trailed through the trees. His green flesh moving with every step, rubbing over his visible ribs. The stallion was often hard to spot in the surroundings where he resided. His rotten skin served as a good camouflage if needed be. However, animals often scurried off at the sight of him. With immortality prolonging his life he did nothing but wander. Company was hard to find, and those he found were bound to pass away. Leaving him behind. 

The bloodied hooves sunk into the soil beneath him. His weight forcing his hooves to break the soft ground. A fresh scent suddenly filled the stallion's senses. As quick as it came it disappeared. This caught the stallion’s interest. A break from the monotonous life of his. His ear flickered forward and he came to a halt, listening eagerly. However, there was nothing for him to hear except the birds singing and the insects chirping around him. He saw a movement out of the corner of his eyes, a black mass. It was a Pegasus. It was a beautiful creature, one he had never seen before.

When the stallion was about to turn away to keep on with his solidary travel there was a lot of movement which forced him to turn his head once more towards the black Pegasus. There was violent thrashing, as if something had attacked the Pegasus. Silas shifted towards the creature before pausing, contemplating whether to walk away or help. The stallion cursed himself as his heart tugged towards the small creature. 

The green stallion trotted towards the scene, coming to a halt close to the pond, watching the Pegasus in the water. No longer struggling though. Silas's yellowish eyes stared at the mare, or what he believed was a mare, considering the scent she gave off. The stallion took a step towards her before he remembered his own appearance. The scars, the skin missing from his jaw, his bleeding eyes and the chopped off ear. He paused once again. "What is going on?" the stallion managed to spill out, his tone edging on angry, the only way he knew how to speak. Confused as to what else he should say. Silas did not mean to scare the mare more than necessary and would wait for her to speak before taking another step.

@Imonada
word count: 417

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
AURIEL
the good twin

I..do not recognize..this place..

The realization is sickening, daunting, being held over my head tantalizingly. My home, my birthplace, my nation, I thought I had become acquainted with every crevice to be found in Helovia. But standing here, amongst tall stalks of green and puzzling paths, it dawned on me how mistaken I was.

I swallowed, hard, before letting out a frustrated, hazy exhale. I stalked forward, twisting and turning with the paths, focused on discovering what else there could be in Helovia. Truthfully, I felt a bit betrayed. My homeland had hidden something of this enormity from me for how long? Three years? New lands don't just spring up from nothing. [The girl on fire was wrong again. Had she had forgotten that Gods rule her home?]

My brow furrowed as I heard a commotion. Splashing, hoofbeats against the verdant. I broke into a brisk trot towards the noises, ears flicked forward in anticipation. Was it, perhaps, that one of my herdmates were in trouble? Or worse, could it be that one of Shida's explosions had taken a turn for the worse?

I was no longer just merely curious, I was now fearing for my family's lives. But when I broke into the scene, my eyes did not Shida or my mother, or even a herdmate. I found strangers. Both of their scents made me nauseous, for one smelled of rotting flesh, and the other of memories I had done my best to suppress.

My pale eyes flicked from black pegasus to death defying unicorn, my gaze hard and my body language defensive. With a pair like this, I found it difficult to be nice. It's wrong to judge others by their appearance, I'm aware, but is it wrong to judge them by their smell? I feared I couldn't trust either.

"Do either of you need any assistance?" I muster out reluctantly, my smoky breath billowing around my features. Neither's body language seemed hostile, therefore I thought it best to at least make sure they would be all right before rapidly flying away. Though, I don't know how you could be considered okay when your flesh is rotting, and your body is shaking.

Image Credits

@Imonada @Silas hope you don't mind auri crashing in ^^;
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Let me in
I'll show you how the world really is

The days had be doing Miseal well. There was little too them, but his life wasn't considered unexciting, rather he was just content with how Time had treated him. His travels have brought many places, his desire to wonder not ceasing to exist, instead thirsting for more that Helovia could show him. Golden hooves lead him here today, a maze of bamboos and tall grasses to be his new found interest. He had thought that he had covered all of the vast isles of helovain territory but it seemed that he should never assume such things, as this world was constantly surprising him. Although, it wasn't that hard when you lived in a world of magics and gods. Nothing would be impossible here, that was deemed the truth.

Ears were twisted forward at the sound of chaos, nostrils flaring as his muscles coiled in an automatic defense. Something tainted the smell he inhaled, his mind unable to understand what rotten smell could be so thick in this land. A sense of alarm settled over him, but that was not what would bring him to the scene, his curiosity to be the blame. Striding in strong, powerful strides, the beast cantered to the violent sounds of splashing, tassles flying behind him in cascading waves. Not before long he was at the bay of a pond, the sight of three filling his view. Words were casted, but no help was aided. He saw one of greens, jades, who quite honestly looked like some sort of zombie, and the other was of creams, rusts, and whites, both standing idly by. Having no time to think, to introduce, to ask, the creature plunged into the water. He was large and tall, easily able to cut through the waves. Reaching out, Miseal used his teeth to find something, anything, to latch onto. Finding her crest, he grabbed on, arching his neck back to pull her out of the waters. The onyx mare was a tiny, delicate thing, but it was still a struggle to drag her to shallower waters. Water dripped off his coat, drapes soaked in the murky waters of the jade labyrinth and heart thundering in his chest. Releasing his grip, he gently nickered, golden standards concerned and wide. "I am Miseal, are you are okay?" He spoke, chords low and questioning, the wonderings of what happened flickering in the back of his mind.

"Talk?"

image credits