the Rift

In All My Dreams I Drown [Open]

Kairo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 5by15f.jpg]
Kairo
Mare - Andalusian - 5yrs Old - 16hh  

She was oh so tired, exhausted really. It felt like eons since the ashen mare had slept. But she could not sleep, not yet. Kairo continued her trek, in search of something new, something interesting, something that showed her that she was finally far enough away from her home. Adventure was the very thing she was looking for and she wasn’t ready to give up and go to sleep. Helovia was a place of gods and magic, or so she had heard. It was that rumor that had made Kairo want to venture here in the first place from her home. Home was a little island far to the east that was much simpler. Species were secluded from one another and the most interesting thing that ever happened there was someone challenging for the herds leadership position. Quite a drag if you asked Kairo. The fantasy of beautiful creatures and stories of hybrid animals, the likes of which she had never seen, called to her. She could take it no longer, and set off on her adventure to the mystical “Helovia”. 

The mare couldn’t tell how long she had been trudging through the heavily vegetated forest but she knew that she must have gotten away from the coastline. She could no longer hear the crashing of the waves against the shore or smell the salty air. Instead her nares were filled with the strong scent of warm earth and she could hear the soft cooing of birds.

Kairo slowed her gait for a moment and turned her head to look at the sky. It was dust and she could see through the trees the yellow moon starting to rise. Soon it would be dark and Kairo wondered if she was destined to wander forever, in search of a fantastical dream and nothing more. 

"ooc: temp code till I can come up with a good one"

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Trudging through the feathery undergrowth , Tilney was in a hurry to get out of the threshold before the afternoon was out. The blue sky was now hinting lemony tones, indicating to him that he had a few hours before he was left blindly fumbling. He had to find shelter soon. Recently Tilney had found himself becoming more envious of fellow Helovians simply because of their ability to see throughout the night. Night vision was a sense he had learned to cope without, but he often wished himself to tears at the thought of stargazing just one last time. 
Aside from the sheer inconvenience of being night blind, there was also the humiliation he felt from simply not feeling capable. 'If I cant see at night what can I do?' was a daunting doubt that often cramped his mind. It was for this reason that he kept his disability locked a stone cold secret, buried in his otherwise warm heart. It was a secrect all in his new homeland were oblivious to; all but one that is. 

Oh, Arah...

He caught himself thinking about the Ivory princess once again; As if she ever left his head though. His lofty crown shook as if trying to tremble the sweet notions from his burning brain, he grunted a low growl and tried desperately to fix his mind on other things. It was just a crush he tried to tell himself, but he was sure he cared for her more then just some childish affection. He cared for Arah deeply.

It was like the gods were listening to his thoughts, hearing his twisting brain and how much he wanted a distraction; They had given him one. Twigs snapped under the strangers hooves, his nares swiftly pointing in the direction of the sound. He could only just make out the figure of an ashen doe. She was not crowned like himself or winged like other helovians; She was the simple, beautiful colour of ash with no distracting horns or finery. Lost was the one word he could easily pick from a short gaze at her countenance; he could fix that though.

She wasn't particularly close, but not too far that he couldn't reach her in a number of lofty strides. Springing from between two trees Tilney traced over a tall fallen log and through the ferns towards the doe, slowing on his closer approach as not to frighten her. Snorting on his arrival a few paces from her side he stood proudly next to her, a soft laugh falling from his lips. "You do look quite lost ma'am" was his musical bellow, green eyes exploring hers of dark vermillion. "I am Tilney, of the Worlds Edge. Something tells me you have not crossed these borders before" His tone was quizzing, eyes squinted in a questioning gaze but he was confident in his statement; she did look quite bedazzled. 

"If its lodgings you seek, I will be headed back to my home at the Edge in the morning and you are welcome to accompany me!"

tilney
And Oh there is more to this life

@Kairo

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unregistered
Kairo

In a blink of an eye, Kairo had found what she had been looking for. There was a crackle of crush underbrush that drew her attention. At first the creature looked to be a stag, his sizable antlers drew her attention first. At closer glance however, it was none other than a russet stallion. She couldn’t help as a smile came over her maw and murmured under her breath “Well damn”. She was captivated by the stallion, this very being before her was what she was searching for. He was slightly taller than her but less built and had the greenest eyes she had ever seen. He stood proudly, head raised as he approached her. On the side of his body was a stark white image of a tree imbedded into his coat. The mare mused if the stallion knew any magic, but held off asking any questions that might make her seem foolish.

The male spoke animatedly, his tone pleasant "You do look quite lost ma'am" She looked back at him, meeting his gaze. Not lost, just exploring she replied gently with a faint sigh. "I am Tilney, of the Worlds Edge. Something tells me you have not crossed these borders before" The stallion seemed friendly enough to Kairo, and she could not deny the fact that his very presence there interested her greatly. It’s nice to meet you Tilney, I’m Kairo. I’m guessing World’s Edge is part of Helovia? I’ve travelled pretty far and I am hoping to explore what I can of this land.

"If its lodgings you seek, I will be headed back to my home at the Edge in the morning and you are welcome to accompany me!" Kairo held back inappropriate jokes she was thinking about and instead nodded politely at the brunette stallion. Somewhere to stay would be great actually since she could feel the nagging of her tired mind. That would be great, actually. She said with a grin. So what brings you out here then?

"ooc: Nice rack Tilney :*"

@Tilney

Not lost, just exploring was she. A soft smirk had fallen on the gentle stags maw; adventurers in theses parts certainly was not uncommon. When he had crossed through these very woods he had been exploring, but also helplessly lost at the same time. Then the ashen fae spoke her name and a wide grin fell on Tilneys gold countenance "Kairo! a beautiful name." 
Next she spoke a question and he answered with a nod and a quiet "Yes, the Worlds Edge is one of the four herds of this land" he began to walk and gestured for her to walk with him. "Our home is in the forest on ocean cliffs to the west of Helovia. There is another herd in the hot south, another not far from here and another in the cold north."

Tilneys steps were short and slow, his eyes on the does pair of dark red. He was happy to answer any questions she had about this land. On agreeing to come with him back to the Edge, he smiled and gave a nod "I will be stopping to rest at nightfall but we should be at the edge in no time if we set off at dawn."
So what brings you out here then?
Tilneys smile faded ever so slightly. He was on his way home from journeying to the Blood Falls where he had met his friend Rexanna. She had not been happy when he met her, in fact he had never seen her quite that miserable. They discussed their troubles and wept until it was too late in the day for his nightblind eyes to be stuck at a dark place like the bloody falls.

"I met a friend at the Blood Falls" was his answer "It is an eerie river to the north of here. The water is as red as dragons blood and the trees block the sun so much its almost as dark as night"
Soon he had come upon a tall oak. Its trunk was hollowed at the base over rocks giving way to a large, cave-like cavern. "This will do" He uttered, about to step inside when he remembered there was a lady present. He backed out of the way, smiling to her and nodded towards the cave "After you". He knew he had to stay close to the entrance anyway so he could see during the final hours of day; if he went further into the cavern he would be left as blind as if it were midnight.

tilney

xD xD
@Kairo

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Unregistered
Kairo

Kairo smiled at the stallions compliment, it was more polite than anything else but she could appreciate his candor. He explained the lands of Helovia and the herd land he came from. He gestured to walk forward and she obliged. The fawn stag paced languidly and seemed more then happen to answer her questions. "I will be stopping to rest at nightfall but we should be at the edge in no time if we set off at dawn." That was more than fine with Kairo, her eyes felt heavy and she did feel safer knowing that she had a big strong stallion to protect her from any creatures of the night. Whatever that may be.

When Kairo asked about his reasoning for being in the forest, his demeanor seemed to change. The stag took a few tense moments to respond but finally did. "I met a friend at the Blood Falls. It is an eerie river to the north of here. The water is as red as dragons blood and the trees block the sun so much it’s almost as dark as night" It seemed as though not only were the beings here enchanted but so was the landscape. Wow, I’d love to see that sometime. Sounds spooky. The steel mare said with a grin and a soft laugh left her maw.

The pair walked for a short distance and it wasn’t long before the stallion slowed down as they approached a large oak tree. It was convex, and there was easily enough space inside for the two of them. Tilney beckoned for her to enter the cavern and she obliged. The stallion was quite a strange equine. He was very chivalrous for just meeting a stranger in the woods. Kairo hadn’t expected such politeness and it almost made her feel suspicious. Could he have an ulterior motive? The way he acted made it seem unikely however she wondered why he was planning to stay all night long in a cave instead of trekking back to his home. So how far is Worlds Edge? Any reason we won’t make it back there tonight? The mare said coolly. She then knelt down so that she could find a comfortable spot on the ground before sending her full weight carefully onto the damp flooring

"ooc: Thank you for waiting!"

@Tilney

"It is very spooky indeed" He deepened his tone and narrowed his gaze on Kairo as he spoke, acting out some sort of spooky alter-ego. A smile however remained plastered on his lips and you could easily see how much he was smiling even through his sharp, fake and furrowed frown. He shook out his mane, the funny look falling from his face and his usual happy demeanor settling easily on his fawn countenance.

Shuffling into the tree hollow after the ashen fae he turned his golden bodice to face the world outside, Positioning himself so his head would remain almost outside of the grotto. Stretching back Tilney lowered himself to the mossy floor, his verdant eyes admiring the nature surrounding them. His colourless companion questioned him, Tilneys nose turning and his gaze twisting from the fauna outside to find the captivating crimson eyes of his companion. "It is all the way to the west of Helovia" He began, eyes sparkling. 
"Where we are now, The Threshold, is as far east as Helovia stretches. To get to the Edge it will take us most of tomorrow if you're quick! To get there though, we must go through the Deep Forest... And that's really not a place you want to find yourself stuck in at night!" He spoke with a laugh, but he was entirely serious. The stories he had heard of that place were vivid and scary enough to scare the most seasoned of warriors and wisest of elders.

He could hardly see Kairo now, the light had faded so so much. Fear began to set in; what if his secret was exposed this night? He couldn't let her find out about his embarrassing night-blindness. Turning his nose back to the woodland outside the light, along with his sight begun to fall from his eyes. He only had a few minutes, maybe ten at maximum to come up with an excuse to make himself scare. "Well, I will be outside... keeping watch" Awkardly he spoke.
Crawling from between the trees roots he fumbled between firs until he found a suitable space not far from where he had left Kairo to spend the night. 

tilney

not a problem <3 ive been waiting over a month for replies on other threads from some people! xD dont worry about it, + sorry I took so long replying, had alot of gatherings to get to over christmas!
hope you and your family had a wonderful christmas btw! <3 <3

@Kairo

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎