the Rift

Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta-Ta Touch me! [God of the Earth/Spark]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable
XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

Nothing was comfortable anymore. She felt strange in her own herdlands- respected by her general, tolerated by her leader, perhaps even loved by her herdmate... none of it was what she wanted. Even the thrill of theft had lost its charm, especially after the conflict that had arisen in the midst of her brief kidnapping of the Foothills colt. More and more days went by where she simply longed to retreat into the oasis and surround herself with her past. She longed to remember the days where she had been happy and free, unbound by herd life. Why had she made this decision? Surely it had proven itself to be the wrong one.

And yet, if it was that simple, why was she staying?

She couldn't say. Perhaps it was the worst possibility: she was used to it. She had settled down. Kye seemed to nag her less about it, long less for the open, unclaimed skies. Was it really that simple, was she simply done with it all and resigning herself to this monotony? It was a dreadful thought.

She flew to the veins with gritted teeth and dissatisfaction hanging off her like a set of weights. On powerful wings she glided down to the shrines, absently wondering why she was here. For some escape, she supposed. For other time, her companion murmured into her mind as she landed before her and sat atop the Earth God's shrine. Yes, Xira thought- for another time of life to return to her.

[[Our Dearest Xira is looking fooorrrr: EarthxTime magic: Sense- Is able to detect what has or will happened in an area by touching the plants there. Appears in faint flashing sounds and images in the mind. Upgradeable to have a better hold on what happened, and maybe eventually see it as a projection before her. ]]

NOTHING I CAN SAY WILL PURIFY MY FOOLISH TONGUE.</style>

image by onigiri-kun @ flickr.com</style>

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

Green. That was all the God could really see, looking at the winged mare standing on the lava mountain staring at the shrines dedicated to his siblings. Why was she green? It was an interesting color, to be sure, but the lord of the Spark had no idea how he felt about it belonging on the body of an equid. It was decidedly strange, that was certain.

He walks quite casually toward the mare, from her left side, appearing almost mortal as his black hooves clack on the shiny, glowing lava at his feet. The jagged horn of lightning sticks from his forehead, marking him as little more than a black and white unicorn. This sort of innocently normal appearance was something the God had always appreciated. His siblings, so flashy with their multitude of limbs, were the ones at a disadvantage.

Eyes dark like the night stare for a moment, but he quickly remedies the silence. "What are you after?"

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

Kye sat frozen and staring, as if a ghost had just appeared. Xira was too taken by his breath on her shoulder, his presence beside her. She felt as if every feather in her wings was flared, as if every hair upon her hide had uncurled and struck out to greet this being. He was no natural, but he was not what she had known to exist. He was no God of Earth or Sun, no mother of the Moon. No, he was something else different entirely. Something electrifying and exciting, something new.

And she loved it. It took her a moment, but the breath caught in her throat escaped and unblocked the passage. She could breathe again, but this time it felt clearer. He asked her what she wanted, but in a blunt manner with a realistic tone. She loved it.

"I'd like to see the past and future through the eyes of nature," She answered abruptly, feeling him beside her, longing to turn and look but feeling strangely thrilled by her inability to see him clearly. He was a blur of black and white in her shadow; a mysterious figure of power. For the first time in weeks, she found herself intrigued. She would do whatever it took to remain that way.

[[<3]]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

"A short mare like you, seeing through time?" his voice sounds skeptical, even as his dark and callous eyes look over her strangely colored figure. At first, her pique in interest of him had been amusing, he guessed. There was something about him that intrigued these damn mortals, but what exactly it was, the God was uncertain. Perhaps, there was no answer to be drawn. He steps out from beside her, painted body of black and white, moving from her side to walk past her, a flick of his tail sending sparks of electricity out into the air.

With a smirk taking up his features, the God looks over his shoulder, spark of a horn sprouting out into a profile view. "I doubt you can even see above the grass." After his comment, a rumbling of the earth began. A frown takes over the stranger's face, the deity looking disgruntled and disappointed at the same time.

Damn that giant, he was swift. Looks like the God's time was already up for playing. In a flash of electricity, the deity disappears, leaving behind nothing for Xira but a mocking laugh.

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

All admiration was lost and replaced with frustration when it was revealed that the god had a sharp and biting sense of humor. Much like her own, but perhaps a bit wittier. She despised it. He navy eyes searched for him now, sought to tear him down with just a glare, but it was no use. He was a magnificent creature, tall and unique in his markings. He disappeared in shock, his words hanging in the air, his arrogance leaving behind a stench she could not forget.

Xira scoffed and snorted, wrinkled her nose and stomped a hoof in an immature manner. "Fool," she muttered, turning to look at her falcon companion as if to ask for her opinion. Kye merely sat with wide eyes, repeating the same words over and over again into her bonded's mind. For as long as the God of Spark had been in their presence, the red footed falcon had done her best to reach his thoughts. But it had been no use, and she had been left rattled by the faint shock of electricity and the fear of the unknown. The same words flashed repeatedly, their urgency matching the look on her face.

No thought. No thought.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The rumbling of the earth continues, until you finally can see the outline of a great bay stallion making his way up the the mountain of the Veins. The rumble is due to his massive hooves, but also the hum which sings from his larynx and into the air. He is in good spirits today, not that this is entirely unusual.

The God of the Earth makes quick travel to where the familiar spunky mare of red and green stands, walking with a casual yet hurried step. When the deity makes his way to stand by her side, the humming stops, replaced by a grin on the ancient face. "Xira, hello," he says quiet naturally, filling the space between them with a rich voice, like the soil of the earth. "What can I do for you young one?"

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

It was hard for her to be frustrated when the ancient and massive form of the Earth God lifted himself over the silhouette of the mountain. He was so consistently kindly- she wondered how he did it. If she had had his job she knew for a fact she'd be turning most away for their greed or attitude. He possessed a patience she could not even comprehend.

Still, when he asked her the very same question the mysterious, electric stallion had, she couldn't help but twist her features in distaste. "As I said to your doorman, I desire the ability to see the past and future of a place in the nature surrounding it," She said cooly, all the while trying to interpret her falcon's distressed message. No thought... he had been rude, but not unintelligent. Certainly he had been thinking something, Kye had just been unable to access it. With ease, Xira whistled long and low to her company, ordering to exercise her skill as best as she could on the God before them.

Nothing, the young falcon insisted, frustrated but at last more relaxed and less fearful of what she had failed to see in the other stallion. Strange that just like the Earth God he was unreadable. There must have been a connection between the two of them... but what?

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

Doorman? The God of the Earth's jovial spirits dimmed, and he felt his chest constrict with the possibilities. Only the divine were allowed to appear and reappear in this place, and that could mean only one thing. The brother had returned from the timeline. A deep frown settled on his features, and he moved from her side to face the gaping sea to the south, hooves dancing dangerously on the edge of the cliff.

"Yes, my apologies," he said, emerald eyes buried deep in thought. "You ask for a great power, and your mind will not be able to handle the depth of what you ask without limitations," he replied honestly. "So see both the past and the future is too great. Earn the ability to see the past, and then we will discuss the future." Would there be a future?

XIRA</style>
& Kye</style>

The past... she worried it would simply haunt her. But wasn't it important that she understand it as well as the present? Especially if some day she hoped to gaze into the future- yes, the power would be imperative. And if it meant anything to her, which it didn't, the ability would undoubtedly help her fulfill her duties as a herd informant. "Very well, you may assign me my task," The young roan said with a sort of defeated submission that all who are prideful carry.

Around her she was overwhelmed by the constant whistles of Kye. The bird had grown frantic again, and angry as well. Sacrifice Xira kept hearing in her mind. Compromise. The pegasus mare did her best to shake it off and ignore the jibes in reference to her deference, but they stung. It was hard enough to accept her recent falling into place within the herd- she could not handle being faced by the reality of her convention once more. Xira turned from the God and looked out over the veins, keeping her ears pricked in anticipation of a reply but feeling too ashamed to speak.

[[Thank you for the clarification, I was unsure as to what the extent of her powers could be. So this can be upgraded later to include future?]]

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

[yes, so after you finish this quest and come back we can roll a die. If it rolls right he can assign you the next half and upgrade it then an there with another quest, or if it rolls wrong you will have to wait the 2 months to try and upgrade it with a quest another time.]

The mare's disappoint went unnoticed by the earthen monument of a horse. His mind was too preoccupied with weary thoughts of his brother's reappearance and the notions of time and space that would accompany it. That Xira herself would be questing this particular type of magic at this moment was unsettling and seemed a foreshadowing promise of the future to arrive.

Dust swirled from the large nostrils in a snort as the God of the Earth pressed these thoughts to the back of his conscious. He would ensure that he kept watch of this ability, at least in some part.

"Many do not consider the knowledge plants can obtain. Yet they watch and they listen and they learn of all the happenings that unfold before them. Such unlikely spies with no kingdoms to run or tongues to drag - yet they know it all regardless. In them you will find the strength to see beyond the present." The voice rattled to a close with a smile. The God of the Earth was ever fond of his leafy children and appreciated their potential when so many others did not.

"You must learn to speak with them, and to do that you must live with them, care for them, know of them. Tend this plant until the middle of Birdsong, then return with it and I will grant you the ability to converse with them and in their petals they will reveal what has since passed."

As he spoke he stomped a feathered hoof against the hard, frosted ground that composed the volcano here. It fissured and cracked under his touch, leaving a deep crevice. From the dark of the ground a green tendril crawled out, soon joined by another and then another until the split rock was lost beneath waves of green. All of the emerald fingers seemed to pull at once, raising up a beautiful flower and setting it on the cool stone before Xira. With the deed done, just as the God of the Earth's words finished, the green vines slipped back beneath and the rocky surface healed with only a faint scar of the opening that had once been.

The God of the Earth exhaled and water pooled at their feet, soaking the mound of dirt the frail-looking flower sat among. In some areas its roots were exposed and its green stalk was a thin line that drooped as it tried to support the head of petals. The petals were a pale color that seemed to suggest they had once been red. They counted to ten and circled an ordinary center of yellow pollen.

The God of the Earth frowned as he looked at his plant, which seemed not to respond to its drink he offered it. "I am afraid the plant is near it's time, but your extra care should awaken it back to its true splendor. As petals fall its health will continue to decline, it had once had 50 or more petals, so you may monitor it in such a manner. See to it that at least one petal remains by the time you see me again."

The plant had proved challenging even for the earthen deity, for it seemed not to enjoy the rain nor the sun, did not perk in the dawn or the dusk and did not sway happily in the passing wind as all other flowers did.

With one last concerned look at the plant the God of the Earth seemed to shrug, his wings fluttering faintly, before he began to turn away. He had to prepare his thoughts and convene with his sister regarding the arrival of Spark.

[Please return with the plant in January. The plant should be mentioned in every thread Xira is in from this point on.]