the Rift

[OPEN] Wake Me Up [Joining]

Uriel Posts: 12
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year (Frostfall)
Linds
Uriel
It was high time that the young prince surface from the underbelly of childhood in order to return to the Edge where his mother surely awaited. He had grown alongside his father for a time, but returned to the vast realm of Helovia in search of his sister, Sariel. Of course, he hadn’t caught wind of his little family since his departure and worried that they’d moved on without him, which seemed almost inconceivable to the self-righteous, young male. Evangeline and Sariel were the very beating of his heart and family made up the bones upon which their safety rested. Though just under a year old, Uriel had wanted more than anything to outweigh the disadvantages of his youth, if only to stand proudly at the helm of his household. Where his father failed, Uriel would not. Where his father was weak, Uriel would become strong. Where his father had been ushered into the shadowy breeze, Uriel would be the light that bit through the darkness. But first, he had only to return to the place where it all began… the World’s Edge.

Patches of sleek, summer fur were gradually becoming nonexistent with the coming of winter and the colt appeared almost bedraggled. The feathering along his neck and shoulders shifted with the breeze and when the prince turned his dual colored stare against the sun, one could not help but be transfixed by his pale, cerulean eyes. Uriel had inherited so very much from his parents, such as the mutated feathering he and his sister both shared, but his eyes were entirely his own… They were the one attribute that set him apart from those he cared for the most. They were the sole window to his soul and yet so very quiet, blank even.

As the prince wandered once more along the borders of the Edge, he tipped his feathered crown into the mists, welcoming them into his chest as he did so. He was not matured yet, just shy of a year in fact, and his slender body had only begun to take shape of the masculine creature he would one day become. At birth, infection had affected a gangly, front leg, and it influenced a slight limp in his gait that would also dissipate with age. Of course, the colt often cursed his misfortune and blamed his father for such tainted genetics… He awaited the day when he was strong enough to walk outside his father’s blackened reputation.

For a time, Uriel gazed off into the land of his birthright and studied the rising of an afternoon sun. He wanted nothing more than to soak in this moment and to remember what is was like to call such a place home. The softest glimmering across his back became apparent as the colt struggled once again to summon the iridescent wings that only magic allowed him, and for a moment they appeared before falling away in a chaotic spattering of light. One day, he told himself, I will master it one day.

All of it.
Hide your fangs all you want

Tell us that it's different now, you're up to no good
/ image

OOC|| He's just at the border and bear with me, I haven't quite figured out his personality. x.x

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Evangeline would not have believed her own eyes if she had stumbled upon Uriel at the borders herself. She would have thought that her eyes were playing tricks on her, that her desire to find at least one of her children had finally made her mind crack. But it was Tallis that found him. It was Tallis, flying along the borders of the Edge hunting for a snack that saw the peculiarly feathered colt that she had birthed so many months ago. It was Tallis that flashed the image of him into Evangeline's mind, screamed at her through their bond that he was back, and trilled from a tree branch overhead to get the colt's attention and tell him You've been noticed, stay where you are. You're mother's coming. She's missed you and wants to know where you've been. Where is your father? Your sister? If you hurt her again I'll pluck every feather on your body and leave you bald, I swear it.

The dragon was still trilling and chattering away from his perch when Evangeline burst through the brush, breathless and trembling. Her emerald eyes were wide as she stared at her son, her mouth hanging open as she took in how much he'd grown. "...Uriel" His name was a strangled whisper on her lips and was lost to her dragon's chattering. There was a terribly mixture of emotion bubbling in the orange mare's chest as she stood staring at her child. She was hurt, angry, relieved, glad, excited, angry again, sad, then back to hurt. "Where were you?" She forced the question out as she stood staring, forcing knees to remain locked so she wouldn't fall or run to her child. "Why... why did you leave?" Her face and her voice reflect all the months of hurt and torment she'd subjected herself to in her wondering and searching. So many times she'd woken to nightmares of her children's battered, lifeless bodies. So many seasons she'd blamed herself for all of them leaving her alone in the Edge.

Tallis finally drops from the tree branch overhead to Evangeline's back and he stares at Uriel with beady black eyes. You better answer her. His gaze seems to say. You better have a damn good reason for ripping your mother's heart apart.

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Uriel

Outcast
Linds
Uriel
A faint hint of dragonsong drifted through the tall treetops and with each passing moment the incessant chattering became almost deafening. Uriel managed a curious glance toward the shadowed foliage that had yet been untouched by the decadence of autumn’s golden brush, but failed to notice anything other than the subtle flashes of orange and red as Tallis drifted through the wood. The colt was not duped by his mother’s constant companion nor was he lost to the frantic warnings meant to keep the prince from wandering from place. No smile touched his lips at the sight and instead the colt turned his eyes from the hysterical beast Evangeline had taken to hip so long ago.

It took some time for his mother to trace the images of his whereabouts to his current location and Uriel regarded any and all nuisances just as impassively as a stone wall. Instead, he preened his feathers, lipped a few errant stalks of grass, and meandered to and fro along the border, making certain that he never crossed that very fragile line. His taunting, however, was reserved specifically for the vermin he so vilely disliked. There was something sacred about companions that Uriel could not yet understand and wished more than anything to ignore. His father should have been the one at Evangeline’s side, but that bastard had failed her. After trailing the weakened beast into the forests beyond Helovia, Uriel had returned only to protect what Thor left behind. How he did so was entirely up to him… and Tallis would have to come to terms with that eventually.

When at last a vision of beauty and grace emerged from the misty heart of the Edge, a half smile curved the prince’s hardened lips. He was happy, truly and utterly, to see those evergreen eyes and pale, cascading locks, as Evangeline moved frantically toward him, for him. As if wishing to welcome her into his shoulder, the colt puffed and straightened, his feathers lifting in columns, one by one. “Mother,” he soothed, his voice dropping an octave until it was a bear whisper, unremitting and sure. Once Evangeline was close enough to catch hint of her light fragrance, the prince lowered his downy crown as a clear sign of respect for his presumably widowed mother. “I followed him, the fool. I stayed with him for a time out there… but I’ve returned for you. This is where I belong.” If he appeared wise beyond his years, he was not, but instead merely able to adopt a clever façade.

His gaze then wandered, searching and hoping, looking for the final piece that made up their familial puzzle. However, she never came… Sariel, it appeared, did not care for his return, and somehow that left a gnarled hole in his heart. In a display of weakness due to his immaturity and age, the prince lifted his front leg and struck the tender ground upon which he stood. Again and again he expressed his growing anger in the only way he knew how, “Where is she? Where is Sariel?” The colt turned a violent, icy blue gaze toward his mother and for a moment, one could see the hurt there. Yet, it was so brief, so fleeting, that when the prince had once again composed himself, it was a wonder if he even felt at all.
/ image

@Evangeline

Outcast

“I followed him, the fool. I stayed with him for a time out there… but I’ve returned for you. This is where I belong.”

... he left her.

... he left her after he promised that he wouldn't hurt her.

Instead he'd destroyed her. He'd taken her heart, fragile, cracked, and bleeding, and he'd thrown it on the ground and trampled it.

Tears flooded her emerald eyes and spilled down her cheeks as she stared at her child and processed what he'd told her. Thor had left and he'd followed him. Thor was gone. She'd told him what Validino had done to her, she was sure of it, she was positive, and he'd done the same thing to her. He broke every promise that he had made, that he would love her and protect her and that he would never hurt her. A bitter laugh slipped past Evangeline's lips as she thought back every promise that he had made her. His promises were worth less than dirt beneath her hooves.

It was her fault for believing his lies. It was her fault for letting her guard down and letting him in. 

It would never happen again. Never.

Tallis had grown quiet and watched Uriel as he'd spoken, but he'd managed to shut off his mind to his bonded and block from seeing mentally all the ways he planned on murdering Thor. Each vision in his head was more brutal, more bloody, and more sadistic than the last.

Evangeline sucked in a sharp breath and refocused on her child, the one who had come back to her. "Welcome home." She whispered, but she remained rooted to the place where she stood because she was scared that if she took a step she would fall. If she fell she wouldn't get back up. She would just lay there with her broken heart until oblivion claimed her and she could finally have some peace.

"Where is she? Where is Sariel?"

"...I don't know." The orange mare admitted, more tears sliding down her face. "She left when you did... when your father... I haven't seen her since." What a wonderful mother she was, allowing her children to slip away so easily and letting them stay lost.

"."

Evangeline the Pure
i stood there waiting

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
It wasn’t exactly by chance that Alysanne found Evangeline by the border. She had kept a regular patrol often, distrust in her daughter having taken root deep within her heart. She hated herself for it, of course, just another maggot of guilt that chewed away at her stomach a little at a time - leaving bile burning within her in a constant state. She would do anything to escape this pain, the pain that she had caused, but she could do nothing but bear it. It worried her and she wondered how far she could slip before it became too much again, before she withdrew from the herd and everyone. Would the strength that she borrowed from Iona and Eva be enough to keep her from sinking this time?

Troublesome thoughts plagued the winged mare, walking solemnly along the border, and she would not deny that it was a welcome change of subject when Hemlock gave a hoot of delight that signed that he had spotted someone they knew. Looking about, Alysanne easily found Evangeline just ahead talking with a feathered stallion she did not recognize.

Hemlock had already taken off - her forelock flying in all directions from the sudden disruption. Tallis was, to date, the only dragon that he deemed worthy of his attentions and who he did not dream about ripping apart.

The little owl flew around the dragon, greeting him with warm clucks, before settling back in his customary spot on top of Alysanne’s head as the pegasus mare finally caught up and found her place beside her friend. But while there had been a smile on her face when she arrived, it quickly faded when she read the mood of the conversation. “Eva.” She whispered a greeting to the mare as her muzzle brushed up against her friend’s neck - concern radiating from her as she tried to understand what was happening - having caught only a few words on her arrival.

Cautiously, green eyes flickered between the pair - noticing up close that the stallion seemed familiar somehow but she was far too worried over Evangeline’s tears to give it much thought right away.  “Is everything alright?”  

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

Misery loves company, so perhaps it was his own anguish that drew the Elephant towards his Moon Doctor and her tears. His soul, torn and trying to mend itself as souls always do, trying to fit the wrong emotions over the holes, like a sorrowful puzzle piece being shoved into a joyous puzzle. It didn’t work. It never did. But still, it tried. Relentlessly. But it only worsened the holes, making the edges more jagged, as anger, fear, and guilt wore away at the remaining pleasant and peaceful parts. It seemed that only others happy parts smoothed the edges. Unavoidably, it was up to the individual to fill the hole. But they were certainly easy close with smooth, non-hateful edges.

So the Elephant unknowingly (or perhaps knowingly) walked towards a group of equines fraught with tension, tears, and a heavy past. He reached the group, large body halting alongside Alysanne while his glazed eyes sharpened quickly on Eva’s tears. His face quickly morphed from blank mulling to concern, similar to that on Alysanne’s face. But, as his eyes cast towards the newcomer, a colt not yet yearling, the hard flint of possessive protection entered his blue eye. Though he stayed his anger that threaten to boil at the tears of his Doctor, he failed to see the familial similarities between the lanky, feathered colt and Eva.

So his eyes, assessing and barely calm, stared at the young one, “Hello, who are you?” he did not waste time pleasantries when a valued member of his herd was upset. His attention shifted to the crying mare, “Eva, what is wrong?” He unknowingly echoed the questions of Alysanne.
tembovu
Do not fight the battle.
Win the war.
Image Credits

@Uriel @Evangeline I posted because I thought I had been tagged... But now realize I wasn't? Sorry if this is intruding D:

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Linds
Uriel
He watched carefully the changing emotions as they warped his mother’s face, causing each fine line and delicate plane to harden before finally falling lax. The pain that settled just between her glowing, green eyes was unmistakable and he wished for nothing more than to inflict such agony upon his father. Whether it be seared flesh or shattered bone, Uriel desired the kind of revenge that was momentarily out of his reach. Besides, when he’d left that beast alone in the darkened woods so far away, he couldn’t imagine that Thor the Gentle Heart would survive long enough to be found. He was weak… he always had been, at least in Uriel’s opinion. The fact that he had completely destroyed his family only added to the burning rage that was called from its slumber at the sight of Evangeline.

He wanted to go to her and press his cheek against her own, whisper his loyalties against her ear, but instead the borders that had always kept them apart remained intact. There was something, perhaps just a notion that he’d adopted as a foal, which kept him safely outside the World’s Edge and outside the loving embrace of his own mother. He believed too strongly in standing tall when others could not. He believed that succumbing to the hurt and the memories was something his sire had relied on.

Uriel was not his father.

Thank you,” he answered softly. For a time he begged inwardly for her to come to him so that he might offer her support and a shoulder upon which to cry, but the young prince knew better than to press his anguished mother about affection she could not yet give. He feared however that Thor’s presence would always be with Evangeline- especially when she looked into her son’s face and saw the brute reflected there.

Yet, it was not the thought of his father that drove the colt so wildly mad with grief and despair. He had trusted his mother to keep a watchful eye on Sariel and she had not. Their family was nothing more than a circle of defeated repetition, each of them finding reasons to disappear… The prince shook his head, his feathered plume pressed tightly against his crown, and scowled. “What do you mean you haven’t seen her since? Were her whereabouts less important than his?” the little prince seethed. It was a wonder to him that one individual could enrapture another so hopelessly… was that was love was? If so, Uriel never wanted to endure such cruel and demanding circumstances… The only love he was and might be capable of was the love he had for his family.

However, before he could apologize for his outburst or fully understand how Sariel had been able to escape Evangeline without notice, another creature emerged from the mists. Its companion, the awful thing, darted forth to greet his mother’s own and Uriel was forced to hold his tongue against the bile rising in his throat. Could they not spare both mother and son a moment of privacy? Did they even know of Evangeline’s children or how she’d let them slip away in the night? Anger simmered hot and low in his belly and the colt scoffed quietly when the painted mare (because she was in fact female) queried about his mother’s wellbeing. With an icy, blue stare he regarded the other’s concern with nothing more than an impassive nod in greeting.

But it seemed that Evangeline had been busy finding comfort in the arms of others instead of searching for Sariel, because yet another beast was involved enough to interrupt their reunion. The border that kept him at bay grew only wider by the minute and the colt began to shift impatiently at the edge. Was there no place in which he and his mother could be alone? The giant oaf, a virile looking specimen no doubt, was also greatly concerned for Evangeline. For a moment Uriel was convinced that his mother had replaced he and his sister, but instead maintained a certain calm despite the calamity roiling inside his head.

”Hello, who are you?”

Did it matter who he was anymore? Did any of it matter anymore? With a fixed, haughty gaze, the prince turned to the stud with the spiraled horn, “I’m her son.
/ image

@Evangeline @Tembovu @Alysanne | Ali accidentally tagged you xD But I'm glad you guys joined <333

Outcast

Sadness and despair had ruled Evangeline for a long time after Thor and her children had disappeared. It was her history playing out all over again-- the one she loved and trusted disappearing and taking her children with him. The only difference was that Uriel had come back. She'd hoped and prayed that he would and that his sister would be with him, but she wasn't. He was alone and Sariel was still lost to the world and Uriel ... he blamed her. The look on his face was enough for her to figure that out and the questions that followed cemented their place firmly in her mind.

What do you mean you haven't seen her since?

Were her whereabouts less important than his?

NO!

No, her children were far more important than Thor, but how could she leave to find them when she didn't know where to start looking? How could she leave the Edge knowing that they might find their way back home and she wouldn't be there?

How?

"Do not use that tone with me." Evangeline finally forced herself to speak. "She left the same night you left to follow him off to whatever godforsaken land he decided was more important than his family. If you're so worried about Sariel then why did you leave?" The question was meant to be a slap in her son's face and she hoped that it rattled him as much as his question had rattled her. How dare he think that she was more concerned with Thor than she was with her own children?

Alysanne showed and Evangeline was glad for her friend to be there because she felt that this meeting with her estranged son was going south. She would need a shoulder to lean on, one that understood just how much a mother's heart ached for her children and just how much it hurt for them to question her love. Tembovu followed shortly after, but all she could do was murmur a quiet nothing in response to his question and lie to him.

Everything was wrong and it always was when she tried to have a family. Why did she even try? Why?

Everything snapped back to reality when she heard Uriel inform Tembovu, haughtily that he was her son. "Mind your tone." She said, though she could feel herself doubting that her son would listen to anything she had to say. "You speak to the King of the World's Edge."

"."

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting

@Uriel @Alysanne @Tembovu

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
Tembovu joined them soon after she did, coming to stand by her side and Alysanne turned to offer their king a small smile in greeting but her attention quickly returned to Evangeline and the young male standing before them. He didn’t seem particularly pleased at the added company, standing quietly through her arrival and only speaking when Tembovu had asked him a direct question. The answer stunned her - green eyes widening in surprise just for a moment as she looked to Evangeline for confirmation. She had suspected that Evangeline had been a mother - the way she had handled Naerys had made it seem so obvious - but she had never asked about it. And he was young, younger even than Naerys.

Not knowing if Evangeline had just not made it public that she was pregnant and had a foal, Alysanne accepted that she had missed the signs because she had been too locked within her own mind following the invasion. She felt such a growing kinship with her fellow Moon Doctor but it would seem that there was so much that they didn’t know about each other. Perhaps that was why they could lean on one another, why their friendship worked. Alysanne readily accepted the weight of Evangeline’s past without needing to hear all the details - they had lived full lives before meeting one another, after all.

Recovering from her shock in time with Evangeline’s warning words, Alysanne might have smiled if the occasion called for it. Yes, there was no doubt that the red mare beside her was a mother - it shone in her through and through. More so with her despair, a feeling that Alysanne knew all too well.

“Welcome home then.” She offered quietly to the feathered colt, a small smile growing as she tried to guide the conversation into welcomes and introductions instead of scoldings and uncertainties. “I’m Alysanne and this is Tembovu.” She nodded to the horned giant at her side before looking back, wondering what the colt’s name was and hoping that he would be staying around for a while.

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

A large, black rimmed ear flicked sideways to catch the quiet, negating murmur of Eva in answer to his question. It was noncommittal, and clearly contradicted by the tears on her chestnut cheeks. The thin, black skin around his eyes crinkled in deeper concern. But, thankfully, Alysanne is there— close and reassuring to her fellow Moon Doctor. She was much softer and more nurturing than the Elephant could ever hope to be.

Blue eyes darken to navy and harden to flint beneath the haughty stare and flippant answer to his question. Evangeline the Pure gave birth to this impudent colt of feathers? His face, carefully slipping into impassivity, belied his irritation only with a mild pursing of thick, black lips. Before he can reply to insolence, a motherly reprimand whipped through the air towards the colt. The corners of his pursed lips twitched as he subdues the amused smile that threatens— despite the air taut with emotions.

And there is Alysanne, again being reassuring and nurturing, as she spoke and tried to mitigate the air between the scolding mother and impudent son. The King remains silent for a moment longer, gaze sweeping between the gathering of equines. A small corner of his mind itches to reprimand the colt as he would have with new recruits— cleaning weaponry with a back sore from place-putting spar was usually effective in curbing cheekiness… but he was a general no longer. He was the diplomatic lead of the Edge.

So his eyes swept back to Eva, pointedly ignoring the brazen colt, “Pardon me for not knowing of your son, Evangeline.” He then returned his gaze, clear and cold and blue, to the feathered boy, “It is clear, from both your tone and attitude, that you have sorely missed the guidance of your mother. You would do well to learn from her, should you reside in the Edge.” Though he does not perfectly echo Alysanne’s welcome, he does hope that the boy will chose to live in the Edge, despite his insolence. He is a man who values family— having lost his own. A soft sigh escaped his towering nostrils as he chooses to excuse the colt’s the rudeness— for now.
tembovu
Do not fight the battle.
Win the war.
Image Credits

ooc| Sorry for my delay! @Uriel @Alysanne @Evangeline
edit|| Linds, did you want me to change his rank?

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Linds
Uriel
He had come and been outnumbered for his efforts. Yet, somehow, he knew that this was ultimately only the beginning of something larger. It was a quest. A quest to find Sariel. A quest to repair his mother’s broken heart. A quest to erase whatever remained of his father’s memory and replace every word, every image, with his own. What a sick way to return, he thought uselessly. The anger that brewed from their scorn only reached a fever pitch until the prince felt nothing but the flames of hatred scorching his very heart. This was not his fault, not his place to apologize for what his father had done. He’d carried this burden for too long and for too long it had simply flowered within until nothing but the weeds of regret took root in his soul. Was Uriel supposed to lift the heavy bones of the Gentle Heart and wear them until his father came back to carry them on his own? It felt unjust for a child of his caliber to be burdened by the past and the truths that came with it. It felt downright discriminating.

Even his mother seemed to miss how hard he’d been trying to mend the wounds she suffered. He hadn’t followed for the sake of running! He had followed in hopes of convincing the oaf from abandoning the love he shared with the prince’s doting mother. But grief and anger clouded her opinions and the prince was forced to accept their weight, still carrying her torch into the night where her hurts existed, but nothing else. Uriel stared defiantly back at the golden one he loved so dearly, the blue of his eyes growing darker somehow. It didn’t matter what the colt had to say or that his wings had been clipped by the words of those others. They would never see in him what he sought to portray, at least not until his father came to take his place within these woes. He’d been made a mockery of, a jester with a bleeding heart, and Uriel would wear the paint valiantly… if only to save them from themselves. They could make what they wanted of him and Uriel alone would be the only one to know the truth.

Even the quiet patchwork mare appeared to feel unsettled in the face of so much scrutiny. Uriel sympathized with her desires to see the tension dispersed, but still he could not find the words to appease them all as they were caught in his throat, choking and full. The prince found in her something true and beautiful, the touch of a healer perhaps. He nodded almost warmly as she introduced herself, thankful for the reprieve. This mare, he thought quietly, is one I will remember. Somehow she had recognized something deeper than the cloak of madness he’d crafted from his father’s  numerous disappointments. She had found a way to tame the rage bursting within by seeing him instead of seeing what she believed he might be.

The King himself was clearly distraught by the colt’s behavior and Uriel vaguely recalled what he thought Kings to be and wondered if this was what he’d always imagined. The colt was uncertain, still unbelieving that they could not detect the pain he felt. But he’d taught himself to tuck it away, to hide the evidence behind walls and doors that he considered strength. For that’s what strength was, wasn’t it? Maybe he’d been deceived into thinking that strength was something altogether abstract, a mere idea that only mortals could craft with their belligerent minds. Was he mortal for thinking they were different from him? Perhaps. Or maybe he was just a wayward child without a cause, but claiming importance. No. It didn’t feel that way, at least not to Uriel. He had purpose… he had will. He only needed experience to make him honest. “Alright,” he stated to the King’s chastisement. With that, he stepped over the borders designed to keep him out and wandered into the mists that had raised a father who was not at all his.
/ image

@Evangeline @Tembovu @Alysanne
Wrapping this up! And I didn't notice the rank change note until now, but yeah, that was perfectly fine!