Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
I became lost.
Lost in the sense of losing the idea of who I wanted to be, losing my purpose, all the hope I had that filled my heart and propelled me forward. I last remember the darkness, many seasons past, and even though the future appeared grim the clouds broke apart and spilled light over the land, casting out the eerie and inviting instead a warmth; security. But somewhere along that process I felt an increasing despair all the same. Adella could not gently pull me out of whatever rut I was stuck in, so she agreed that we just needed space.
The distance we created fit that criteria quite well, and it was some time before I would see the familiarity of the Helovian lands again.

I kept my pace even, checking to keep my steps from seeming too eager, but didn't let myself slow for fear of changing my mind and turning back. I had walked this path once already and I thought it maybe shameful to do it a second time, but Adella chided me and reiterated that, sometimes, everyone needs a break from their demons. Except at the time I didn't know what demons I was facing-- whatever the trigger had been that burrowed under my skin and made staying there any longer uncomfortable. I figured that eventually they might either reveal themselves or crawl back to the pit they inhabited; I would find out, later, that it was the latter.

My earthen-colored companion flew but lengths before me, anticipation stirring her ahead, hopeful that a figure would cross her path that she could lead me to. Long the time had been since we had any real interaction with others, and she missed the sight and connection of those of her kind. Take care to not leave me behind, I pleaded with her through our combined thoughts, but she only smiled in response and shortened the thrust of her wings. We both knew my worries were unfounded, for she would always stay right by my side.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image

she's going to stay an outcast but i'd love for her to run into some faces while she reintroduces herself :3
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I
L
I
O
S
He had been slacking on trying to bring new members to the Throat. He wanted to make sure that there would be someone there to take his place for a few months. The need to be with his daughter tugged and ripped at his heart drawing him north. Instead the teal ivy marked stallion strode towards the Threshold. There was only one place to make sure you stumbled upon someone looking for a home. The trees grew up around him attempting to block out the mild Orangemoon sun. he could feel winter begging to be unleashed upon Helovia. A shiver ran through his muscular young body at the thought. He had grown used to the desert heat, and his coat was thin; unprepared. It was going to be a long hard winter in the Basin, if he would be accepted. A sigh ruffled his golden lips as he plodded on through the intimidating forest. He wondered how hard it was for strangers to find themselves in such a terrifying place. Ilios had never faced the issue himself, having been born in the folds of Helovia.

He was so lost in his own thoughts the stallion almost missed the sound of wings. It took a minute before he picked up the sound as something more than birds. Curiously he angled towards the quite flapping sound, which was soon joined by fainter hoof beats.   Once closer to the sounds he called out whinnying loudly announcing himself. He was sure it could be nasty if he just popped out of the woods on the wrong person. A smile covered his face, lighting up his silver eyes as he picked up a trot moving to intercept the hoof beats, and fall behind the flapping. The stallion was sure a horse would not be able to fly through the trees, so he assumed it was a companion of some sort. After a few more foot steps and a girl his own height melted out of the shadows. He smiled and stopped relaxing his posture and extending his wings. His voice was warm and calm as he addressed her, "Hello miss, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am Ilios, from the Dragon's Throat." He smiled again and kept an ear angled back towards the wing beats, slowly growing fainter behind him.

Speech
Words;; 386
Tags/OOC;; Hi! <3
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Outcast
Isi
And Adella
. . .
Adella kept on ahead as I evened my pace, growing ever tired at the walk I had decided to make. The threshold seemed large, much larger than I remembered it being last, but it could be thanks to the growing boredom I felt threatened to suffocate me. Well not quite suffocate, as Adella would point out, but it made my legs feel heavy and the desire grew to stop for a break--or a nap.
The idea almost took hold of me completely until a greeting sound reached my ears, coming from a rather close distance. I snapped my head toward the noise and quickly wondered why the dragon hadn't told me someone was nearby. Had she really gone that far ahead of me?

I slowed my movements but didn't yet stop, unsure of whether I would be approached or if the call had even been for me. I didn't have to wait long, though, as the distinguishable steps told me that someone was indeed coming to me. Finally. And when they broke through the clearing in the trees I kept myself still, returning the warm smile he gave me. I listened to him with ears at rapt attention, nostrils flaring and taking in the wonderful smell that belonged to anyone but me. It was incredible, the instant effect of being in another's presence had on me. It felt right.
The name of the Throat rung hushed bells, a place I surely knew existed when here before. But never had it been visited, and I can't remember the reason why anymore. It didn't matter after all, for being back meant that the opportunity was open once again.

I nodded my head in hello, acknowledging the fact that he was at least two species I was not. The wings and horn he adorned were impressive, and I felt a slight pang at never knowing what flying would feel like. It passed abruptly, however, as I introduced myself. "My name is Isi. From... the threshold, it would seem." I gazed curiously at him. Adella? Come back. I searched for her through our bond but she was either distracted or too far away to reach. I shrugged my shoulders and explained, "And I have a dragon companion who seems to be missing." I would have to wait until my earthly friend turned back to find me, so I cocked a hoof to rest while looking back to my company.
"Perhaps you could fill me in on this place while we head toward the exit?" I knew the way around here, of course, as I rarely forgot the places I have been before, but I would first see if he would be interested in guiding me while I relearned about the land I left.
/ image

@Ilios <33

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
-Ilios
His smile was warm and relaxed as he watched the painted mare. She was pretty, and plain. Ilios hadn't really ever been around equines. It was odd for him to see a horse without a horn or wings attached to a horse. Either way he didn't care, Ilios accepted all species of horses. They all had the same base, so why dislike one kind? He watched her as she dipped her dainty head before addressing him. His rumbling laughter rolled from his lips at her reply. "Well, it's a pleasure Isi of the threshold." He bowed playfully a teasing smile playing over his lips.

'So she does have a companion!' He felt the pang of jealousy he had come to feel every time anyone else had a soul mate. The young stallion longed to have one of his own. The Gods had, so far, deemed him unworthy for such a great pleasure. Shoving the nasty feeling away the stallion smiled, "I'm sure your bonded isn't to far away. In my experience they never stay away for to long. My Mother has a falcon and he always seems to be close by." He smiled kindly silver eyes trying to meet her blue and brown gaze. He hoped to reassure her, but in all honesty he had no idea if the dragon would come back anytime soon or not.

Golden ears pricked as she spoke once more. His smile grew as he turned to lead the way from the trees aiming towards the Hidden falls, sure she would be tired of the thick trees caging her in. "I assume you have been here before if you know the name of this place?" He turned his handsome ivy masked face to make sure she was coming. He waited a moment for her answer before continuing, "Helovia has changed quite a bit since I was born. The people that lived int eh World's Edge invaded the Falls, and made it their home after the Moon Goddess murdered several." He lowered hsi horned head in respect for the lost lives before continuing, "She claimed her actions were to put us in our place, show us the Gods still matter and they control our lives." He walked on allowing the plethora of information to sink in before laying the next load on her. "Besides all of that the Gods went to a strange world called the Rift, where they brought back strange horses and even stranger lands. Along with the people and lands the Gods of those lands slipped through. There were several battles and deceases that were brought by the Gods. A few lives were also lost during those fights, but Helovia won out in the end." He sighed softly turning sad eyes upon her face as she strode slowly on. "Everything else as been well. The herds are all doing fine, as far as I know." Unsure what else to say the stallion strode on in silence allowing everything she didn't have any questions.

Speech
Words;;
OOC;Tags;; @Isi OMG I AM SOOOO SORRY!
/ image
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Outcast
Isi
And Adella
. . .
I was grateful that he was of the pleasant sort, humoring me and being overall kind. I had not been in the proper mood to appease someone who would have the opposite disposition, my travel seeming endless and Adella had flown off, rendering her useless to keep me level headed. But I found that my partner was unneeded in our interaction, as my new acquaintance kept up the conversation and gave information about himself. I appreciated the thought, for it made me feel more welcome and at home than I had in a long while. I doubted that I would return the favor much, unsure of even what path I would take from here, but it was possible a thing or two could slip if he kept beside me long enough. It wasn't necessarily that I was secretive, more just yet untrusting until we became more comfortable in each other's presence.

Ah he turned to move let out an internal sigh of relief, pleased that he took me up on my offer. While I was sure I could find my way out of this thick forest myself--possibly days later anyway--I was glad for the company and someone to explain the grand idea of all that happened while I was gone. I made to move after him, answering his first quetion, "For a time I was here, during a dark period in Helovia's history, but I thought it time to come back once again." Had I missed this place? I couldn't really say the reason I found myself here again, maybe there was more than one. I didn't really give it much thought though, and probably wouldn't unless he asked.
We moved on, he telling me of the major events and all I could do was raise my brows, if that were possible. Nothing he said surprised me really, the murders, invasions, fights. I was here when the Plague hit and we lost some members; surely a land filled with gods would face it's fair share of horror. I had never been one of the Moon Goddess' fans, so I did not feel as if she had betrayed me; however, my heart went out to those affected and whose lives were lost. I always felt as if travesties occurred too often here.

The Rift was an interesting idea, new creatures and places? I cracked a smile after the sadness faded, "Have you seen any for yourself? Horses or lands?" I had known there to be quite a few odd horses residing there already, but wondered how different these could really be. "To which herd have you pledged your alliance?" I wondered if any were worth being a part of; I was briefly one of the Edge, but it was some time ago and I thought maybe it best to be on my own with Adella for a while.
/ image

@Ilios wow im so awful forgive me :c

"Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."
-Ilios
He smiled softly to himself as he spoke enjoying the quite mare's company. She was reserved, which was different from most of the others he had met here. It was refreshing to feel relaxed even though the other wasn't speaking. It allowed him to gather his thoughts as he spoke. Her voice was gentle and calm as she replied to his question. His horned head nodded softly questions swimming in his mind. "If you don't mind me asking, what is it like out there?" He paused for a moment, "I was born here, and I've never felt the drive to leave." He turned and smiled at her as they made their way through the trees.His large wings ruffled softly as he shifted them to a more comfortable position. He thought about how odd it would be not to have them, or his horn for that matter. He shivered at the thought, sure he wouldn't be plain, but he wouldn't be as amazing as he was in that moment.

The stallion's voice quieted as she spoke of the murders and everything that had gone on in Helovia. When he stopped speaking there was a comfortable silence as she mulled over the news. It wasn't to long before she voiced another question. "Yes ma'am I have seen all of the new lands, and several of the horses that came through. They are all very odd in their own way. They are very oddly colored, some seem to be mixed with other creatures as well. They can be frightening, but most helped us to bring down their corrupt gods that came with them. In my mind that means they can be good for Helovia." He looked at her curiously wondering what she thought of all of this. They were strange, but they couldn't all be bad right? "That's not saying there might not be some bad apples in there, but over all they seemed good enough." He smiled softly at her trying to reassure her once more.

Then she asked of his home and he beamed. His silver eyes brightened and his voice became wistful. "I hail from the Dragon's Throat. I know it sounds harsh, and it can be, but the oasis keeps us fed and watered." He winked playfully enjoying the time to explain his home. "That's not to mention the romantic way the sun sets over the ocean around the island. It is beyond worth waking early to see the colors and feel the salty spray on your pelt." He sighed softly suddenly wanting to be home, to see the island for himself, to feel the rough sand grating against his golden pelt. "I recommend visiting it at least once. The leaders will have to grant you access to the island, but I promise you will not be disappointed." He grinned at her warmly as they continued one. He turned his large head to gaze up at the slowly thinning trees. he didn't really want to get out of the woods, in fear Isi would leave him to go about her own business.

Speech
Words;; 514
OOC;Tags;; @Isi It's fine xD I did it too lol
/ image
Tag me