the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Make You Cry for Him

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 Have you ever noticed how every hurricane gets its name from a girl like this?
You're gonna wish you had a storm warning; you're gonna wish you had a sign.
</style>

Her light cream hooves floated over the sandy shores. The stunning mare's pale coat glistened in the sun, not making a single sound. She looked like she could walk on water with how perfect her precise steps were.  Long tresses of her mane and tail swept over the sand kissing it with a sweet touch. The sun's rays glowed on her opalescent horn as she made her way down the beach. She looked of royal descent with a cunning personality hiding behind her brown sugar face. Raeden was a mare that could bring the most self confident mare think she was not good enough. Her personality flourished in the presence of any possible king. She was always a charming mare, but when a hansom stallion was around that was a different story.

The small deer trailed beside the stunning creature with quick steps. Tin was very well matched to Raeden. His elegant antlers grew from his small skull. They towered him with a unique pattern that is not typical for a deer. His bright green eyes followed her teal and silver flecked orbs. His pelt was a chocolate brown with beautiful black marking, making this little guy stand out from the rest. Rae looked to the companion with a smile as they walked along the beach together. She was a mare that caught the eye of a simple passing gull. Rae knew her looks could get her anywhere she wanted to go in life, but it was how she played her personality that made her a double threat. The light hooves came to a halt as she turned to look across the ocean It is so beautiful here, don't you agree Tin?[/font][/size][/color] Her sweet honey smile dripped across her maw looking to the creature. She was alone with her one and only friend, and for once she wished someone would come along.

Raeden grew weary of looking for the perfect king. She had been wondering around Helovia for so long. At this point she figured no one will ever claim this princess to be their queen. The thought upset the sweet mare causing her to pin her ears and pick up a small rock. She threw it will all her mite into the ocean skipping it until it sunk to its death. Teal orbs watched it sink to the bottom, it was like her self. She felt so heavy in her heart, but was light enough to skip through life with out sinking. What would happen if she were to stop skipping, would she sink like the little black rock? Raeden let a huff leave her maw as Tin nuzzled her shoulder. I guess I am not good enough for anyone to care about me. She looked to the small deer creature as the smile flew from her maw. She stood at the edge of the water looking out into the unknown. The bright blue water lapped over her perfectly colored hooves as she brought her self to a small smile again. She knew the gods had something in store for her, she just had to wait for it.  

words

Image Credits

OOC: Sorry it kinda sucks its a bit late over here, she will get better! 

@Rexanna
@Tembovu

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Restless. He was restless. It was a mask, or replacement, for the rage that had left him in the form of a flaming elephant on the Flats. Roughly, he shook himself as as he relived the disconcerting encounter with the golden stag who adopted another’s appearance. Or had the flaming sultan of the south adopted the golden’s appearance? He wasn’t sure he could trust the Laurelin. No, he was sure he could not trust him.

Regardless, he was relieved to have shed the burning anger that had plagued him. No longer was he hatefully spiteful towards himself, or others. But, in its place, had settled nagging tension that he could not shake. Perhaps it was to protect himself from the depth of despair that loomed just beneath this antsy cloud.

Thus, his agitated hooves carried him to the beach. As the large, ivory plates breached the sand, he felt the restlessness crack for a moment, anguish threatening to overwhelm him. Eyes and face darken as he stares at the uncaring waves of unending beauty. Pursing his lips, he begins to walk once again, seeking out the restlessness that had abandoned him. Anything was preferable to this misery.

And, as if answering his nonverbal supplications, his gaze alights on a mare at the sea’s edge. She was undoubtably feminine, with womanly grace painting every curious moment of her skipping a stone on the calm seas. Long, ivory tresses swayed in the crisp, salty breeze. If not for the sunlight, the shore would have been frigid. But the warmth of the sun kept most of the cold wind’s nip at bay.

His eyes, arrested on the woman of gently sun-kissed hues, lighted from their earlier, stormy brooding. “I guess I am not good enough for anyone to care about me.” Cream ears twitch as he catches her words, spoken to her handsome deer companion. Heavy head cocks slightly, black and ivory face creasing in a small frown. “My lovely woman, I am certain that cannot be true,” his low voice rumbles over the distant crash of far-off waves. He dips his head deeply in greeting, once towards the woman and once, less deeply, towards the small stag. “I am Tembovu, King of the Edge,” his words are factual, not boastful, “Who do I have the pleasure of meeting?” A small smile turned up the corners of his mouth as he felt a slight reprieve of his ever-looming loneliness.
image | bckg

@Raeden muaha drama llamas :D :D

Please tag Tembovu.

</style>

Golden ears flicked to her someone coming someone nearing her. Her nerves started to tense up as the steps grew closer and closer. Who would be wondering on the beach right now . Her eyes closed as she took a deep breath hearing a deep rumbling voice“My lovely woman, I am certain that cannot be true Her teal eyes flicked open as she turned to look over the creature who had spoken to her. The sun glistened down on the mare lighting up the silver flecks in her orbs. Holy baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. He was an extravagant creature towering over her female form. Her small body was nothing compared to him. His white hooves blended into the sand and the beautiful markings over his muscled hansom body. As she was looking over the stallion Tin nudged her 'Pick Jaw off Ground now and talk' he chuckled a little looking back to the stallion.

Raeden smiled quickly and listened to him speak his name. "Tembovu " she whispered softly to her self like with a ghost like hum. He was a king... how much more perfect could you get! Her long tail flicked across her back and landed in the lapping water under. She could not keep her mind in focus, it was sailing away with thoughts that she never had. Raeden dipped her head lightly to the polite King. She could not keep the smile off her face as she went and spoke with her angelic voice. I'm Raeden. I left this place awhile ago, I just returned. You may know Hotaru , she is my twin sister . I do not think I have ever seen you around here before. It is a pleasure to meet you Tembovu. She chuckled lightly dipping her head softly This is Tin, he is my companion. She looked away in a charming as the little stag dipped his head down in greeting to the large king. It has just been a bumpy road for me lately. I am kinda lost with my self, just stuck in a hole. I come home and my sister is Lady of the Basin, and I have done nothing with my life. I am in no comparison to her, when it use to be the other way around. Life is dragging my butt through the sand right now, and well now I am rambling... She trailed off in explanation to why she felt what she said. The golden mare looked down to the sand as she spoke. He had to know Ru and what would he think of her knowing her sister is a Lady, and she was nothing. Rae meant nothing to Helovia, she was just another typical unicorn. At least that is what she thought of her self right now...

Image Credits

OOC:: Sorry it took so long!! I will be quicker with all the DRAMA!!

@Tembovu

He saw her tense upon his approach and unease shot through him— why would such a lovely mare be nervous at another’s nearing? A black-rimmed ear splayed sideways at the troubled thought. Though it quickly snapped back forward as the woman turned to him, sea-foam eyes ringed in thick lashes wide-eyed and meeting his own, surprised blue depths. The moment of equivalent stupefaction was short lived, for the handsome deer at her side was nudging and a smile quickly radiated across her face.

His head grew slightly higher in response to her smile, as quick as it was, for it made her lovely features of pale gold glimmer in the shore’s light. Perked ears shivered at the soft hum of his name, and how could a lonely man miss the sensual flick of her tail as she so softly sounded his name? His nostrils quivered once, trying to pick out her scent among the bouquet of the sea, kelp, and sand. But the distance was too great to detect such a delicate thing in the ocean’s brisk breeze— so he takes a few steps closer, bringing his ivory hooves to the water’s edge as she speaks.

The King, in fact, did not know of Hotaru— though, he realized he should as Raeden described her as the Basin’s Lady. He had met only Deimos… Perhaps he owed a visit to all the herdlands? If only to introduce himself. He looks towards Tin as she introduces him, “You’ve certainly a handsome companion,” his low voice rumbles, for indeed the Cerndyr is striking.

He listens, in silence, at the self-deprecating monologue the beautiful woman spoke. And, sadly, he lost her lovely gaze to the ground as she trailed off, defeat etched in he words and slender, (sensually feminine, he noted) body. He wavered for a moment, trying to not cave to the study urges her melodic voice and alluring physiques sent rippling through his barrel. He tried to embrace a sense of chivalry for the sad woman… But compromised half-way.

Stepping closer, hooves breaching the foamy shores, he dropped his great head low so that his eyes might meet her downcast gaze, and in doing so, he brought his muzzle close to her own. Warm breath mixing near her delicate nostrils, he finally caught her scent, and smiled lopsidedly, “You do not look ‘lost’ or ‘stuck’ to me, Raeden,” his low voice rumbled around her name. “Beautiful and between adventures, perhaps. But I am sure you have done, or will do, more than ‘nothing with your life,’” warm words ended as navy eyes peered up, searching for her silvered green gaze.
image | bckg

@Raeden @Rexanna if Rex wants to come play, now? :D

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

It had been awhile since I had spent time on an adventure. Between the frustration of becoming pregnant and the idea that perhaps Ashamin wouldn't want anything to do with it, I knew that I needed something to keep my mind off of it. So away from the Basin in the cold, I went. I traveled over various parts of Helovia in my attempts at finding something relaxing. After a long journey, I caught the scent of the ocean nearby. My heart began to beat and jump, my swollen stomach felt heavy but healthy, which was really all I could ask for. I carried a glow against my complexion, cream and golden body adorned with golden trinkets fit for a queen. A stature of which I wasn't, but a small part of me yearned for power. Just not like this.

I worried a lot with this pregnancy, considering how my last one turned out. Everything I did seemed to revolve around making sure that I was safe and the little heartbeat within me would be safe too. Nothing would come between me and this child, not like the last time. So I followed my intention on finding a peaceful place to rest. The ocean seemed like the perfect spot. I could feel the memories of meeting Tembovu here, realizing just how powerful a love could be. But I also felt pain and upset at the idea that perhaps we weren't meant for one another. Pain and upset at the idea that we needed to try and live our own lives - away from one another.

But as I pulled toward the ocean, feeling the sand beneath my hooves, I caught the scent of the Elephant. My heart lept and my blue eyes scanned the waters edge in search for the mammoth. Once my eyes spotted him, my heart seemed to stop. I felt my breath catch in my lungs and I lowered my head into the grasses again, seeing him close with that other golden mare made me think that perhaps we would be better off alone. But I couldn't help than to be a bit jealous. The hormones from the pregnancy seemed to cause me to be even more of an emotional wreck than I already was. A thought of which I couldn't even fathom.

I thought about leaving. Letting the two of them have their own time together. Yet, there was a part of me that wanted him to see me. To remember me. I was greedy in that way. I sighed to myself, but approached the two nevertheless. Ears flickering back and forth in a show of my awkwardness and frustration. "I would be careful of handsome stallions giving advice. It might result in something unlucky." Blue eyes cascaded down to the downtrodden mare that resembled a lot of Hotaru, the one that had just promoted me not long before I grew pregnant. I flashed a glance toward Tembovu, jealousy read all over my face that I knew he could read, but I was unsure if the mare could. I just knew that deep down inside me, the only mare I wanted him to speak beautiful words to was me. I was a horrible being for thinking it. But I shifted against my weight, swollen barrel of an obvious pregnancy and hoping perhaps the mare would think the child was his.

"talk"

Now look at this web I wove.
I told you, I would break your heart.

@Raeden @Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

</style>

As her teal eyes gazed down she was only met by the gaze of the King standing before her. His deep blue eyes looked into the silver speckled orbs of her own. His large muzzle grew close to hers. The warm air flooded the soft gold fur around her crowned skull. Her petite sculpted nose reached out further to almost touch his cream and chocolate muzzle. Raeden smiled brightly with the kind words of the King, she could'nt help but feel the little butterflies dance in her stomach You are too kind my king. Her sweet honey laced voice dripped from her maw. Maybe you can help me find my way to where I really belong. That is if you are willing, or have the time to do that. Her light voice rung in the air around the two unicorns. Raeden finished with a sweet smile gliding over her beautifully colored maw. She turned her charm level to one hundred as she took a step closer to the Elephant like stallion. Her cream hooves shined with the wet sea foam sweeping at her hooves. The wind blew the tresses of her long mane and tail towards the stallion along with her sweet brown sugar scent. As her sliver flecked eyes gazed over his hansom body she heard the shrill tones of another mare.

As the other creature spoke she flicked her opalescent crown towards the golden girl. Tin on the other hand flicked his ears back as his heavily antlered skull looked at the female. She came off with a smart ass remark about sweet words from stallions. Raeden listened to her with swiveling ears. I would be careful of handsome stallions giving advice. It might result in something unlucky. Her silver and teal eyes almost rolled at the comment she made. Then Rae started to look over her golden body. She was clearly swollen with a child. Her orbs then began to watch the expression's on her face. Did she sense some jealousy radiating from little miss sunshine? Tin looked to Raeden with a little smile someone might be a bit jealous.... Raeden nodded her head then looked to Tembovu. At this point she wondered if these two might of had some history together, because clearly little miss sunshine was not happy about her.

Well it is never polite to assume someone wants to take advantage of you, now is it? It would be like me assuming that you are jealous of something. Never judge someone until you get to know them. Her sweet voice danced through the air as she still stood in front of the stallion. She knew the tricks of other mares all too well, and this one was not fooling her. The sun peeked from the clouds with another gust of wind blowing her mane and tail again towards the stallion. The subtle cloud markings danced across her golden sugar pelt. The sun caught all good angles of her toned body as she spoke again. Pleasure to meet you too... she spoke looking away from the mare. I am Raeden, and this is my companion Tin. I do not think I have met you in my previous travels. She looked over the mare trying to figure out if she has seen her before, but she hadn't. Raeden then looked back to Tembovu to see how he would respond to the mare. thoughts ran through her mind wondering where this mare was from and who she was. There was clearly some feelings this mare had for the elephant king, but maybe she was wrong. It might just be the pregnancy raping her hormones.

Image Credits

@Tembovu @Rexanna

OOC:: Let the drama filled fun begin!!

The pale golden splendor that is her velveteen muzzle extended towards his own, and he finds himself mirroring her actions. His own, broad and black maw reached up, thick crest flexing to hold his heavy head and horn in their dropped and stretched position. She took a step closer, further filling his nostrils and sight with glimmering, light gold backlit by the sun’s reflection on the waves. A smile once again graces her face— and it would be foolish for any man to deny the beauty the gods have bequeathed her. This was simple, easy, for the stallion— so much simpler and easier than what had pushed him to the shore. Perhaps it was the sea or the gold of her coat that had him so relaxed, so willing to ease into— into whatever was happening with Raeden.

Perked ears greedily funnel her honeyed words, and thick lips part to tell her that he was not at all too busy to help her, in any way she required. He had all the time in the world for this mare of honey scent and silver eyes, ““I would be happy to help, Raed—” The deep husk of his words were abruptly cut off by a voice so achingly familiar, “I would be careful of handsome stallions giving advice. It might result in something unlucky.”

And suddenly he was a colt caught grazing sweet succulents instead of the proteinaceous rye-grass. Cream ears tilted backwards, mind quickly upheaving from its Raeden-induced, serene state. The sharpness of the words, the layers of meanings beneath them— had he been unlucky for her? Had she for him? “Handsome.” His battered ego picked out the word; she still thought him handsome? Was she as jealous as Raedan called her out to be? Something unnamed swelled in his chest.

He had carefully kept his gaze on the pale golden beauty before him, even as Raeden rose her opal-crowned skull and looked away from him, towards Rexanna. He then cast his own blue eyes down, away from his gilded princess, as his newly acquainted golden woman addressed her. Saccharine sweetness dripped from her lips as a gust of wind sent her thick, ivory locks swirling and knotting over his tan hide. The welcome, silken caresses further incriminating him— but for what? Their last encounter had felt so… final. Where was this guilt coming from?

On this realization, he raised his head with a mildly clenched jaw as Raeden introduced herself to Rexanna. Two beautiful, golden mares with two R-names. His lips pursed in deranged, hopeless amusement as his gaze lifted. Up, up, turning, swiveling towards the woman of ruin—

The glow from the Giving Tree had grown on her, extending beyond her face and reaching over her entire, pregnant body. Pregnant. Pregnant.

Eyes widen as they lock onto Rexanna’s swollen barrel. He does not realize that he takes a step towards her. There is a shadow of violence in the step, as every ounce of masculine muscle, hardened by Kingly spars and gods’ wars, leapt to rigidity beneath his scarred hide. Unblinking cobalt eyes— so often darkened and hardened by anger— are neither flinty nor shadowed.

They are burning.

Pits of blue fires spat tongues of hot flames, an Elephant of molten magma conglomerating in his chest. He does not tame this beast as it grows, feeding on the rage— the betrayal— that cuts through him so ruthlessly. Muscles ticked beneath the skin of his cheek, jaws clenched so tightly one can ear the creak of enamel. Nostrils are flared— not in seeking her scent (for hers is now the scent of another’s loins). They are flared in fuming breaths that feed the molten elephant-beast aching to peel from his skin.

His enraged silence stretches, inflamed mind linking disjointed thoughts. It was obvious this could not be his child— he had not performed last time— she had not been pregnant at the tree— had she? — “even with expecting”, the bang of fireworks had interrupted— not expecting more work from being promoted— expecting a child?!— her radiance the she approached him had been from more than just her beauty… A long and loud breath left him as all the pieces fell into place, completing this revolting puzzle.

He finally blinks, breaking his glare at her pregnant sides and shifting his betrayed irate gaze on Rexanna’s painted face. “Am I to congratulate Caleb?” His words hovered on the dangerous precipice of sarcasm and anger, “Or another, lucky stallion?”

He could not yet feel the pain that he knew pooled beneath the heat of his rage. Once this fury had burnt itself out, he knew the cold torment awaited him. But not yet; now was a time for burning eyes and scorched souls.

His demon stretched its greedy jaws wide, urging the Elephant to open his mouth again— to say something more damaging, more hurtful. It was only fair, right Elephant? She hurt you so deeply, is it not rightful to reciprocate? The beast glimmered from beneath the flames in his eyes. ““As I was saying, Raeden, I have all the time to help a lovely mare find where she belongs. I could show you the Edge?” Boring gaze leaves Rexanna, finding Raeden’s as he offered something kind to Hotaru’s sister— something he had not offered Rexanna. Yes, he had asked her to come live with him in the Edge (and how different their lives would be if she had agreed), but never had he offered as a guide. His demon shivered in glee while his magma-beast was mollified for the moment, no longer pushing to erupt from his hide.
image | bckg

@Raeden @Rexanna Don't mind my NOVEL XD And yay! I'm glad this can start really picking up now :D

Please tag Tembovu.

I watched the mare briefly as her gaze turned to mine, a mix of teal and silver scanned me over. Then her voice hit my ears and seemed that she had mistaken my words for being angsty. She spoke to me, saying that I was jealous and while I could agree, I wouldn’t in front of Tembovu and her. I shook my head and smiled briefly to her. “My words weren’t meant to come off hostile.” I began, eyes watching the other golden mare for mere moments. “I guess I just meant it as a conversation starter?” I muttered, ears flickering in my clumsiness in starting conversations I obviously wasn’t welcome in. I shifted my gaze to Tembovu for a few seconds until her voice filled the air again. “Rexanna, Thief of the Basin.” My voice held a bit of a hint of bragging – mostly for Tembovu to hear – but was meant for absolute innocence, if it weren’t for the pregnancy hormones driving me to sound harsher than I originally meant.

Then the Elephant King’s voice filled my ears, my head swiveling to him and his hostility. He spoke of Caleb and I shook my head, cringing at the thought. As he asked if it were another stallion, I only sighed and turned my gaze away from him briefly. “I thought we had agreed to try and live separate lives? Seeing each other now and then. Besides, I tried to tell you.” I spoke with a mirror-like reflection of the anger that pooled in the Elephant’s eyes. I could see his anger and frustration, but it was nothing that was hidden from him. I had told him before the show of fireworks that had somehow escaped my horn, a feeling that I couldn’t control quite yet, but one that I was coming to terms with as it grew within me. He asked Raeden if he could show her the Edge and part of me panged with a bit of guilt, but I knew that I had duties back in the Basin. I also knew that I wouldn’t be entirely welcome in the Edge anymore, either.

Shoving that thought aside, I stepped back from the two. “I’m sorry I’ve bothered you two, I think I’ll head home.” I spoke, mostly to Tembovu as I lowered my head, eyes landing on the mammoth stag. Scanning along the scars he had gathered from the Rift battles as well as the strength granted from becoming King of the Edge. Where he had grown lean and strong, I had grown fat and full of carrying a child. Granted it wasn’t something I was entirely excited about, but it had happened and I had learned I needed to deal with it. “Oh, and Caleb isn’t the father. So you don’t have to worry about him anymore.” My voice rang to him as I turned from him, swollen barrel casting a shadow of thickness and life. Eyes scanning the edges for a way to leave, but my heart didn’t want me to leave just yet. So while I stood and searched for how I wanted to get home with least trouble, my heart sadly enjoyed the moments of seeing Tembovu’s reaction. Knowing that he still cared.

"talk"

@Raeden
@Tembovu

</style>

His breath was warm and soft against her golden coat. She allowed her eyes to close and take in the moment. His deep voice rumbled in her sweet ears until it got cut off. Then she opened them sharply. After her introduction she then listened to the golden mare with a sweet honey smile. Raeden was not rude with her words before, but she just picked out the right phrase to say. She knew judging someone by their cover was never any good. Her judgement might be a bit more fogged due to how hansom he was. How could any mare resist this fine king and all his glory. Her eyes scanned over him once more as she drifted off in thought then she heard Rexanna speak of being in the Basin. Oh you must know my little sister then! Ru I heard she was Lady of the Basin. Her light airy voice flew through the air as teal and silver eyes looked back to the mare, then the topics turned to something that was deeper.

She took to the side as the two began to speak. She started with something about separate lives and other things, what in the earth is going on?! Did she walk into some nasty past between the two? Her teal eyes squinted to focus on the two unicorns speaking. Clearly Rexanna was pregnant, but by who. Was it suppose to be Tembovu's baby? Her head tilted as she then said she was to be leaving. Raeden secretly was happy she was leaving, but she did not show it on her face. Then her words spat out about another stallion. What the hell was going on?! one eye squinted in confusion to something so large she might never understand. Raeden knew that there had to be a lot of drama going on in the lands, but baby daddy drama... Oh how wonderful. She stood quietly as the elephant king looked back to her. He was so warm and inviting to his home. Something she had never really knew. A smile could not help but grow across her soft maw as his deep blue eyes looking into her sweet teal and silver ones . You would really do that for me? I could not explain how much I would Love that! she questioned surprised and excited he would offer that to her. She looked to the golden mare as she turned away. I feel like there is a lot of tension between you two, but I don't think it is a good idea for a pregnant mare to travel all the way to the Basin alone. Unless you think you will be okay Rexanna. Maybe on our ravel to the Edge you can go half way with us? But that is up to both of you. I am only suggesting. She offered kind words to the other golden mare. She did not want to offer this, she wanted to go straight off with the King, but maybe the Edge was kinda close to the Basin and they could just walk her most of the way before splitting off. Her teal eyes looked to the King for sure he had to understand that much, and how dangerous it was for a mare baring a child to travel alone. It was all in their decisions not Raedens. She looked to the stallion with bright waterfall like orbs. The sun glistened off her golden pelt as she waited to see the answers of both unicorns.

Image Credits

@Rexanna @Tembovu

The burning in his eyes does not subside, despite the attempted mitigating remarks of Rexanna. And, as she so proudly declared herself a ‘Thief,’ the elephantine trumpet echoes once again in his skull. She was a Thief, stealer of affections and trusts. He had become a used man, a tool for her own ascendancy in Basin ranks— or so he perceived. Though some corner of his mind notes that she did not deny the jealousy Raeden accused her of; but any hope that might have blossomed from this fact was incinerated by the Elephant’s rage.

His ears flick towards Raeden as she again mentions her sister, but this time to the Thief. He watches for a reaction, but gets only excuses about her child. A film of red crosses his vision and he can feel his chest grow hot as his magic threatened to push the fiery beast out of his chest. “I thought we had agreed to try and live separate lives…I tried to tell you.” Ears pin flush with his skull, pressure pushing against his eardrums as he wrestles with his rage. “You tried? Rexanna, the life a foal, mine or not, is worth more than a try,” anger laced thick through his deep growl, “You push me away for foals that are not even mine, only to turn and become pregnant by another?” This monster threatened, and begins to overwhelm him; even his great strength begins to give way before the fiery elephant. Such a creature would do unknown damage with the two mares present—

But it was Raeden’s words, of all things, that send a cold tendril snaking down down his spine. Her concern, genuine or not, for Rexanna’s safety in traveling while pregnant fave rise to his own. Perhaps not the type of concern for a woman he loved, for his anger and her betrayal had destroyed that. But it was a concern rooted deep within him, birthed the moment he buried the burned bodies of his lover and son. It was so integral to his makeup that it sliced through the massive fries burning behind his gaze. So he seizes this cold concern like a lifeline, willing it to spread icy tendrils over his rage.

And Rexanna speaks again, of Caleb— jaw muscles tick as muscles quiver, begging to unleash some amount of this barely controlled fury— but at least he is no longer a worry. Or so she says— doubt courses strong and (thankfully) cold through his veins, further chilling his anger. His eyes, grown hard with the mild control he has gained over his anger, turn to stare into the light blue eyes. Eyes once found lovely, now found deceptively alluring. “Raeden is right, it is unwise for a pregnant mare to travel the wilds alone,” his voice, usually so expressive, sounded cold and disinterested— even to his own ears, “We could send for the Basin’s Priest?” the look she had given him at the tree flashed through his mind (Ashamin, was it?).

He does not remark on her following them to the Edge— for that is not truly an option for the King. At one point, it would have made him incandescently happy to have the gilded mare follow him home. But now, now that he has seen her gilding peel away and witnessed what lay beneath, he knew that her following would not make him happy. What would come of it? Him standing over her laboring body as she pushing another’s fruit into the world? (Because, of course, he would be there. He wouldn’t be able to stop himself.) Would he stand there, cleaning this foreign foal’s nose so that it might take its first breath? Nosing it to stand and drink from Rexanna’s teat?

No. What once would have been a joyous occasion was now… almost abhorrent to the Elephant. Though he would not deny her entrance, should she wish to reside in the Edge. That would be selfish of him, and a the duties of a King did not allow for selfishness. He turned his hard, unforgiving gaze back to Raeden, “I apologize, Raeden, for you having to witness this. My offer stands, I will gladly take you to the Edge, should you wish you make it your own home,” there was quivering control in his booming voice. Carefully, gently, deliberately, his broad muzzle reaches to touch her withers before he turns his shoulders towards the Edge. His rage is under control for the moment, but he is not certain how long his trembling restraint will last.
image | bckg
@Rexanna @Raeden I'm the WORST ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.

My eyes shifted from the two of them as Tembovu’s head swept near hers. I knew I was getting ready to leave, but I turned back keeping my eyes off of them as jealousy and sadness blossomed within my chest like a wildfire. Though a wildfire I knew I needed to put out and remind myself that he isn’t mine anymore – no matter how much I wanted him to be. However, the mare’s voice caught my attention in response to my words of the Basin. Tilting my ears toward her specifically she spoke of the Lady of the Basin. I nodded offering her a gentle smile. “Hotaru. I haven’t spoke to her much aside from her giving me my promotion. She seems quite honorable.” My voice trailed off as Tembovu spoke to her of the Edge. However, before I could make my grand departure, the mare spoke again to me. My ears drifted down as a frown crossed my face, eyes watching the sand as it grew wet with the waves. “I think it’s best if I go on my own.” I muttered before Tembovu’s hot breath and fire words snapped at me. Closing my eyes tightly while I clenched my jaw, I sighed slowly before opening them and turning to face the Elephant once again. Ears wavering in uncertainty.

I pushed you away? Remind me again of the one who first had a child with another?” Words came blazing past my tongue before I stepped backward from him shaking my head, shooting an apologetic glance to Raeden. Then Tembovu spoke of the Priest and I shook my head. “No, Ashamin wouldn’t come. If I made my way here I can make my way back.” I nodded, as his words fell to Raeden. Apologizing to her for witnessing this. Blue eyes glued to him as if I happened to be the one making a scene. I could tell he grew angrier with each passing moment, but I needed him to hear something before I made my departure.

I apologize too, Raeden. I hear the Edge is a beautiful place.” I swapped my gaze then from the mare back to the Elephant King. “Though, there’s something I don’t understand Tembovu. I don’t understand why you are so upset. We agreed to try and live our separate lives. I’m trying to do exactly what you asked of me. We had agreed that we could not keep hurting each other. While you sit here and criticize me for my choices, all I wanted to do was make sure that Raeden perhaps would be someone that could give you everything I couldn’t. I want you to not think of this as jealousy, but rather as a sign that I still love you regardless if we cannot BE with one another.” My blue eyes grew strong, begging him to understand before I turned my gaze to the golden mare – sister of my very own leader. “I’m sorry if I assumed anything between the two of you. We have been through a lot together… I hope you can understand that I just want him to have the best.” I lowered my head to her, stepping back once more. Eyes flickering between the two of them.

"talk"

@Raeden
@Tembovu

</style>

Emotions went flying, Tembovu exploded with fire towards Rexanna as words spat from his large maw. Teal eyes watched the drama unfold in front of her beautiful specked orbs. Clearly these two knew each other, clearly they loved each other at one point of time. She spoke of her sister she knew she was a kind soul, much kinder than her self. She dipped her head as she spoke of her promotion. She smiled softly as the mares kind words flowed from her golden maw, then a firework sparked between the two ex-lovebirds. Her mouth frowned slightly as they spat words at each other. She starts saying this so called Ashamin would not come to her. That was her fathers child correct? why would he not come? Her teal eyes softened in sorrow as she looked to the Elephant king. Then they caught the attention of the whispering waves under her feet. She watched them flow back and forth, as the foam collect in the long strands of her tail. A sigh left her maw as she tried to give the two their space.

Rexanna then spoke of him having a child with some one other than her. What the hell was going on. She looked up to Tembovu as he apologized for everything that was going on. Then her eyes flicked to Rexanna as she also spoke of being sorry for their actions. Raeden dipped her head to both No need to apologize... As long as you will be fine Rexanna . she tried to smile, she tried to be kind to the mare. Her skin then felt the warm touch of Tembovu as his large maw touched her withers. She looked to him with a sweet smile reaching out to touch his neck in hopes of some comfort as she started to follow behind him. Then Rexanna spoke again. Her words were strong and they could cut through the hide of the strongest creatures. Rae looked back to Listen to what the mare spoke of how she loved the stag still, her emotions poured from her maw. She looked to Raeden and her teal eyes looked into her blue depths. She could almost feel her pain. It's okay, I understand.... she dipped her perfectly crowned her low looking at the sand as she waited for Tembovu to answer the mare. Rae was unsure if there was anything more than a friendship between her and Tembovu, she hoped there was, but she was not sure. She had to see where the stars took them, where he let his decisions carry him. This was the first time meeting him, but she felt a little something for this Elephant King.

Talk.

Image Credits

@Tembovu
@Rexanna

OOC:: Let the drama filled fun begin!!

Remind me again of the one who first had a child with another?”Her anger lashes like a bullwhip, goading his and taunting the beast which he so tenuously controls. His chest grows warm, glowing as a fiery trunk and tusk try to push free. This push, this backwards slide of his control, shoves the his own, blisteringly angry hurt words from thick lips and clenched teeth, “Are you not listening? Have you ever listened?” Did you listen when I said I loved you? That you were the light to keep demons at bay? “Nyx’s children are not mine. I am no father,” there was a pain (a grief?) than shadowed the overwhelmed anger at his last sentence.

No, Ashamin wouldn’t come.” Angry flames licked higher, a small burst of molten rock flared from his chest. It fell, in a little pile, at his hooves, no larger than a small rock, and burst into pieces amongst the sand. This man she looked to, instead of him, at the Giving Tree, would not come assist her? She preferred this priest, this selfish man who would not help a pregnant mother, to his own company that night? Ears shiver as they try to pin even further flush with his skull. “Why not? I would come, were it mine,” his eyes blazed at her, at some point his gaze has shifted away from the Edge’s cliffs and pointed dangerously back to Rexanna.

His attention shifts to Raeden, hearing her acceptance of his apology. Guilt flashes through him, this mare was fighting her own internal battles, yet now was subject to his— laid bare on the sandy shores that ebbed and flowed around her pale hooves. An ear flicked towards the Thief as she speaks again— though this time her words are (thankfully) not incendiary. They echo the same sentiments she had told him in the last encounter, beneath twinkling stars and tinkling bells. She questions his anger, “We had agreed that we could not keep hurting each other,” tells him she still loves him. The pain that slices though his chest is a broad, icy blade. It is surprisingly effective at quelling the monster that had been pushing to be freed from his chest. “I don’t think we can do anything but hurt each other, Rexanna,” his words are quiet now, deep and miserable as he swings his eyes to Raeden, no longer able to look at his the gilded princess.

The pale woman, Hotaru’s sister, speaks quiet words of understanding. Did hope flash in her silvered green eyes? This was no place for hope. The greedy waves grabbed it, with their endless onslaught, and swept it out to sea. The constant wind snatched it, shredding it with the tumultuous zephyrs. “Let us go, Raeden,” and, with quiet words that belied the shredding of his soul, he began to lead them towards the Edge.
image | bckg
@Raeden @Rexanna ;-; He can still be here for one more round of posting, if you want. Also, I can make a post for us in the Edge if you'd like, Dressy! :D

Please tag Tembovu.