the Rift

I don't need anyone....(Open_

Wren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Why was she here? Why had she wandered to the lands of sinners and saints, of fallen Gods and rising Goddesses? Well...she had nowhere else to go...When she was discovered upon a herds lands she was always cast out, given her refusal to join their ranks....And why would she? To become one of their breeding machines? No.....the thought sent a tremor through her slight form. Golden eyes flickered to the tree line, moving through the vast expanse of trees. There was a natural funnel created by the mountains which would lead her to an area she knew would be a claiming ground of sorts. She despised the idea of being claimed by someone like an inanimate thing, but in the back of her mind was the constant reminder that winter was drawing near....and perhaps she would have to put her feelings aside for a few months to ensure her own survival...Already a cold wind nipped at her pelt...It was enough to give her pause. But with a pursing of her gray lips she forced onward, flicking her flaxen tail against her chestnut hide with a crack of finality.

Other equines had been here recently...many of them....probably wanderers like herself, though she imagined that many of them would throw themselves at the hooves of the first leader to offer them a kind word....It was deplorable.....the way they would chose to follow someone they had only known a matter of minutes, pledging their loyalty to someone they did not even truly know. She snorted, tossing her skull to disperse the negative thoughts....Now was not the time for them....She needed to be stealthy...to slip into the lands unnoticed...perhaps onto the lands of a slack herd where she could find shelter. Her ivory limbs began to burn as she moved up the slope, wincing as a sore muscle made her foreleg twitch.....She was tired....so tired....It had been days since she had stopped to rest. After being discovered in her latest hiding place she had been ran from the herdlands with little ceremony. That in itself was not abnormal.....but the terra had been rocky and she had made a misstep...Now as her steps were beginning to slow the stiffness was starting to set in. Her ram like horns were heavy, making her head droop and sway as she ventured on...and then finally with nightfall setting in Wren gave in to her weakness. Curling her thin limbs beneath her she snuggled beneath the low branches of a weeping willow tree...Its feather like limbs helped block the cold wind, but still as the night wore on she she shivered beneath its branches. Her mind reeling with memories of frozen horses and their fearful permanent gaze...
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Worried not for the time of night that had fallen, he left Cera’s side for a quick flight around their territory and beyond into the darkened forest below. Threshold. It was another cloudy night, icy hints of snow lingering. The warmed air currents of the Throat kept his bulk more easily afloat; here, the cooler updrafts presented more of a challenge. This was part of his training. The muscular tendons along his wings had begun to strengthen, though he grew tired more readily than normal.

Weighted by the magical golden collar around his neck. It hung snugly against his flesh, warm and pulsing with hidden life that only he could summon forth in times of need. Each blessing had a burden to carry, and currently his burden was the weight of each plate and strap. Wings strained to uphold current bulk, the muscles tight and hurting already. He couldn’t stand to fly for long, the distance between the Threshold and Throat was his limit; chest heaved icy air, each breath flooded his lungs. Pelt grew cold as wind dried the wetness along his breast and flank. Tilting down he landed smartly across the ground in a nearby clearing.

Snorting and gasping all at once Midas glanced around to take in surroundings, sore appendages pulled to his sides. Walking felt so much better; in fact, he thought mildly, walking back sounded like a brilliant idea. A musky fragrance tickled his senses, gaze turned to find the source, neck twisted to the right and caught sight of a darkened shadow; partly hidden among the cover of trees. Crunching on frostbitten grass he turned bulk to regard the figure more fully, “Apologizes,” he uttered softly, smoky breath curling air. It was always so hard to tell when someone was hiding among the timbers.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Caiden Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Caiden
never too late

There's always a side to someone that you will never know and for that I wondered about Paladin. From the meeting there had been a good vibe from the scabbed stallion. Being one of those to trust immediately until they give a reason to not deserve it, I chanced it. Slipping myself into the ranks of the herd. Only hoping for the best. I will not become a slave though.
Known for wandering aimlessly and restlessly sometimes I stepped through the bone chilling cold night. Passing through what I had come through not too long ago actually. Although I had not encountered anyone here, just strong scents. Then it hit me, a sweet smell of familiar. An equine none the less but this one, like my new leader, possesses a horn. I do not despise or hate them for it, rather I find their gift interesting. The scent was a mare.
Blue eyes began to survey the howling night, fog tangling through my legs, dead trees letting the glare of the moon lighten my path. Shadows of strange leggy creatures were made through the limbs as the slight patch of frost began to tingle my feet. Blood began to boil as I hyped myself up in some manor to keep warm. I knew she had to be cold. As a figure caught my eye I turned. Lining my own black frame to hers. I could see her facial features through the glaring moon but her color was still a problem. Chestnut more than likely but she could have been a darker brown with the rare flaxen hair. Crystal grass crunched beneath my feet as I moved further to her.
Squinting eyes, furrowing brows, and attentive ears listened for signs of life. The mare seemed lifeless and still, I hoped hard it wouldn't be one of those unforgiving nights. "Excuse me dear, are you okay? my warm tones kissed the winding winds as they carried in an echo. I listened to myself twice. Stepping rather closer with curiosity. My want to help and care for her over whelming. I was not one of those stallions that was so nice they were like a mare, but I was caring with a side you may never want to see. If Wren decided to be respectful and was not a crude harmful being I would friend her for life, protect her as I would my own family.
Then more noises occured, I snapped my head back. Catching sight of a winged horse. This land became even more strange the thought brought a laugh to my throat, I held it back though for the sake of being a huge dick. It appealed to me to have wings, I seemed so boring among them.. although I like how I am. I dipped my head as he apologized to her, he probably hadn't noticed my appearance yet or he found it more important to apologize to a mare rather than his own sex. Either way I could care less.

[ooc- I'm really tired, so maybe it sucks or maybe thats just how I'm thinking? Any mistakes, sorry bout that, but I just really wanted to reply. :D lol ||EDIT: I was typing at the same time as she^ so I just added an extra paragraph, hope you don't mind.]

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Striking mights and maybes even more

A useless thing called life

It's a biting cold again

He was a ghost. A pale wraith in the moonlight, a shadow of the past - Helovia considered him diminished, cast aside, nothing now that he roamed the Wilds like a vengeful spirit. But he was not subdued. His presence was still powerful, an aura rippling out from the blurred edges of his body, a bond between stallion and earth, traveling through the frost upon both ground and hooves. White breaths smoked into the night from dark nostrils, the thud of his steps so soft, swallowed by the darkness. Mauja was a friend of forests despite the way he stood out like a sore thumb, knew how to navigate them with ease - how to step silently. And this particular forest, the crossroads of paths and futures, he knew very well. Perhaps not as well as he had known - still knew - the Edge, but he had spent a lot of time here. Blue eyes, silver in the darkness, blinked, his presence drawn to a gathering. They were centered around a weeping willow yet to shed all of its browned leaves, two hornless stallions patched black and white. One was a stranger, the other - the Pegasus - he knew, though some part of him wished he didn't. Mauja slapped his tail against his hocks and stifled a sigh in the darkness, padding up to them in no real hurry. Besides, he did not want to startle anyone in the dark.

Eerie-looking with his shimmering corona of light where the moon struck him and the silver shadow across his pupils, Mauja easily slid in between the two stallions as if his bulk weighed no more than a feather and was no wider than a blade. Under the boughs of the willow rested a mare, some shade of brown, muted by the monochrome light. Heavy ram horns, much like Aurelius's, adorned her head, and instead of being redundant and repeating their questions, Mauja merely tilted his pale head to the side, watching with gentle concern in both eyes and voice. "Good evening."
CREDITS
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

Wren

Cover up with make up in the mirror
Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again
You cry alone and then he swears he loves you

((Yay ^_^ I never expected this many replies!))

She had not expected to be disturbed on a cold night such as this one...but suddenly out of the darkness one figure after another crowded beneath the branches of her sheltering tree. She lifted her skull, cursing her horns for their weight. And then the scent of them wafted to her.....not a mare among them....stallions....all of them. Her chestnut ears flipped back against her skull as a soft snort slipped from her nares....The first creature to draw near had large wings, and fatigue seemed to pull at his muscles as well. He seemed to almost droop beneath the weight of his own frame, and for a moment she wondered if he was like herself...a newcomer to these lands. But as he drew near the mingling scents of other equines followed him, most obvious was that of another stallion. That in itself was enough to make her golden eyes narrow with suspicion.....a brute in search of another brood mare perhaps? 'Apologies' he soft voice crept through the darkness like a snake, warm breath mingling with the freezing night air to birth a crystalline cloud. It was unsettling...being on the ground while he stared at her from above, but when she willed her legs to stand they ignored her...having apparently had enough of this constant walking the past few days and they were ready to retire. It was enough to make a nervous shiver run up her spine, the pale skin between her eyes wrinkle with frustration.

A smart retort was on her tongue, a lash to make him leave her be in her icy grave. But then the second stallion moved closer, his dark figure all but invisible in the darkness of night. She could see no horn cresting his skull, nor any wings sprouting from his back. It appeared he was one of the few equines with blood from an earlier time, a time before weird protrusions and the gift of flight. She did not discredit an equine because they lacked horns such as herself, many times she had hoped to lose the heavy load upon her skull. ' Excuse me dear, are you okay?' Her golden eyes danced between the two stallions for a moment, feeling outnumbered and vulnerable despite their gentle advances. Once again she tried to stir her legs to life, but by now the cold tendrils of winter had taken root. And her ivory licked limbs were all but numb with cold. Her chestnut ears pressed even closer to her skull, nearly hidden by her massive horns. This was getting out of hand....and she was helpless to stop it...

And then a great speckled beast stepped between the two earlier arrivals, unlike the others he too was 'gifted' with a horn of sorts though his was of the more traditional type....more appealing to the eye one might say. His mighty skull tilting with concern as his own gentle tones drifted forth, 'Good Evening.' She shivered...or rather her muscles attempted to. But by now she was a block of ice. She had no feathering around her limbs for warmth, no thickened frame to project heat....she was made for the warm weather...and it seemed that this winter would be the death of her. Even with the three stallions eyeing her she refused to ask for help, it was not in her nature. For a moment her mind fluttered to another time and place when she had been helpless to a stallions whims. Defenseless against his advances. It was enough to harder her resolve....she would rather freeze than succumb to such defilations again. But as her mind hardened her body weakened, slowly her head began to droop beneath the weight of her horns...inch by inch until her silver lips were pressed against the cool earth. Golden eyes darted among the three stallions frantically...fearful not of the cold death taking hold....but the things they could do to her in such a weakened state. Summoning her last bit of strength she barred her teeth at them....though with her lips pressed against the earth it was more of a cold grimace. "Go...away..." Her voice was flat, yet weak, the edges of her distain slowly being chipped away by her fading light.

"speech"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
The other painted lad wasn’t noticed by him immediately. Slender equine frame flirted through the forest in the base of shadow; body uncovered by wing or horn. Midas remained still, he had seen the lass try to move her bulk into an upright position; and failed miserably in doing so. She seemed nearly frozen, dark eyes glazed over with the biting shin of winter. One step was taken in her direction, his mind already set to somehow help. That was when the equine male darted forward to offer his aid, perhaps overly eager in doing so. Stiffening to a halt Midas frowned and started on, only moments after the sudden appearance of this stranger a soft thud of hoof on crunchy ground came to his ears. Widened nostrils flared unnecessarily, muffled tones were recognized by now. Mauja. It seemed that the young Pegasus and the icy King were finding themselves in the same gathering of late.

He passed by and openly approached the girl with concern ringing free. Midas couldn’t help how his frown deepened; he doubted that the same concern would be shown for a wounded, nearly frozen equine or Pegasus. Perhaps it was the ache in his wings, or the past stressful days which caused this thought to snag hold. Mind quickly pushed the prejudice away. To each his or her own path. Mauja couldn’t change the way he was, no more than Midas could remove his love for the sky above. Besides—what right did he have to judge?

"Go...away..."

By now her head had nearly fallen, seemly holding itself upright by the butt of her muzzle. Stepping forward Midas said softly to Mauja, “She is of your own,” staring at the fallen mares curved horns he added, “I can help warm her and then assist in transporting her to a more protected location, where she can be safe.” He figured Mauja would brush him off, but, at least he was offering to help. He was a gentle beast, simply one that would love for all things to live in peace with each other. Peace was a pipe dream to many; and they might prove right in the end. But, war would not be started by his words or actions in any form. Then again, maybe he gave too much?

Caiden Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Caiden
never too late

The two other males obviously knew each other. That detail Caiden drew in and kept locked in his mind. If this meeting turned tables he could be in for a fight. The mare though was his main focus, the two males were breathing and very capable of life at the moment, her though she fought. Go away. she said. "I don't mean to be rude, sir, but what makes you think because she is one of his kind she will wish to be assisted by him?" he paused thoughtfully, aiming his words to Midas "Her words order plain, go away, maybe she wants to die. Or maybe she is fool enough to brush off the help of others, if someone is in denial of those who offer kindness and gives you rudeness. Why assist?" Caiden huffed.
Cold had gotten to him, his words were twisted and somewhat out of place but still he made his point. She was ungrateful and rude. Caiden turned. "Gentleman, you can help a bitch or leave her to die as she wishes. Good evening to you both, I'll be on my way." he walked. Back to the foothills.

[ooc- oooh! First time I got to play grumpy Caiden xD lol. Anyways, go ahead and post around me, he's left.]

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Striking mights and maybes even more

A useless thing called life

It's a biting cold again

She was weak - that much would be obvious even to the blind. Her head jerked and muscles trembled, but always gravity reined her back in, soft, cold muzzle to the frozen earth. Defenseless against the weather. Mauja could've cursed under his breath. Cold could be a deadly foe, unless you knew how to fight it. Clearly, she didn't. Despite being well within the grasp of a long, in fact unending, freezing sleep, she rejected their presences with growled words lacking luster, energy and fervor. Normally, he was not one to intrude upon others were he was unwanted, but in certain cases, you simply had to assume they were too stupid, or too far gone, to understand what was best for their own selves. Quickly he labeled this such a situation. If they left her alone, she'd die. Whether or not she'd thank them for saving her sorry ass was another question, and one only time could answer. Midas seemed to be on the same page, saying that it was one of Mauja's kind - as if that somehow made it his responsibility. In a sense, the dethroned monarch guessed it was. And if he thought back on his other threshold ventures, he'd made a bit of a habit to rescue half-dead mares.

The other black and white stallion seemed to disagree though. While first concerned with the mare's well-being, her dismissal of their help seemed to have rubbed him the wrong way. Mauja tilted his head, gave one ear a flippant twitch as if to say is someone talking? I can't hear. A small, amused smile crawled across his face despite the severity of the situation. If that was how he wanted to deal with it.. fine. That was, after all, his loss, and not Mauja's. "So you suggest it is more gentlemanly to leave her to die?" He snorted, knowing that he spoke to a retreating backside. Giving a shrug, the King turned to look at Midas instead. "Sometimes you have to hold a rose towards the light despite its thorns. Come on, bud', we've got a prickly mare to save." Again, that small smile curved his lips, a teasing edge to it, something glinting in his moon-blinded eyes - a playful edge to the deeper concern. Gently he brushed aside the hanging branches of the tree, encroaching upon her resting place and caring little for her privacy anymore. If she got angry, maybe it'd help keep her warm.

With care and precision he stepped around her, frosty hooves connecting with frosty ground. He had no desire to step on her, after all. "We need to get her up, some place where food is readily available. As long as she has something to digest, she'll be able to keep her temperature. The question is... how to get her up?" Slowly, his large, pale head leaned down in the shadows, warm muzzle brushing against her cold shoulder. He stood parallel to her, tail sweeping against his hocks in silent contemplation. It was hard to force a frozen, unwilling horse to stand, but even if both stallions laid down beside her to keep her warm, he doubted she'd make it through the night. She had to cooperate at least slightly, or become frozen flesh for the vultures to pick apart.
CREDITS
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered

Wren

Cover up with make up in the mirror
Tell yourself it's never gonna happen again
You cry alone and then he swears he loves you

She tried to keep up with the conversation, her slits of eyes rotating between the three of them....The winged stallions kind words were a surprise....though the thought of any of them 'warming her up' was enough to make her skin crawl. She tried to pull her legs in tighter, make herself as small as possible....but no...her body would do nothing she willed it to do. Even her gray nose was now snuffling in the dirt, the sheer weight of her horns too much to bare. But her ears were still her own...and their deep voiced rumbled within....Transport her? Where? And why did they care that she was slowly turning to ice? She was not of their herds....none of their concern. Her tail twitched slightly, long flaxen tendrils dancing across frozen earth. She was not like many she had met....while she might hate stallions she held no dislike for those with wings...or without...or with horns, or without....Honestly the whole 'I have a horn and you don't' thing drove her insane.....Who....cared....She had been spurred for her appendage before, treated as a lesser being by those gifted with flight....but still she held no prejudice. Strangely enough, as her dislike for stallions was a strong one....technically she knew that not every stallion was like her father....not every stallion would hurt her....take advantage of her....But something in her head just made the link between stallions and pain....and it was a hard thing to overcome. And then the painted stallion reiterated just why she hated them...they were assholes...Calling her a bitch for not jumping at a life rope.....Maybe she wanted to die....It would be easier than living...His words hit a cord in her, and she managed a small disgruntled snort. How dare he judge her.....and then he was gone, his painted form quickly retreating from her vision.....Well...that was one down....But she did not feel relief...instead she felt almost disappointed....almost.
Her golden eyes rolled to the speckled stallion as he stepped closer, her hide tensing as if expecting a blow. She could not lift her head to keep him in her vision...a thought that made her breathing quicken...her blood run faster. And then there was a warmth against the boney plate of her shoulder. Her breath caught in her throat with a gasp, a tremor shooting up her spine......no...she had to get up.....they would touch her...keep touching her....no....Her ears flicked back, a small but essential movement. Her lips moving but inches from the frozen earth, but she was moving....at least a bit. She tried to snap her skull back to nip at his tender nose, but the gesture was an unachievable one... her head merely swayed in his direction, her ivory teeth barred.

"speech"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
The inky splotched fellow was instantly turned off by the response he had received from their fallen winter sister. Honey eyes slide over in a side glance, capturing him within the pitless pools and taking note of swift change within his features. Softened azure orbs turned hard with cooling glint, Midas couldn’t help but wonder, ‘had the lady stuck at a tried and tested self-esteem?’ Whiskers of age was apparent, and it shamed him in the slightest of ways that such a heartless elder male existed. Like a youthful colt without rein upon temper, the elder equine let words fly free absent thought.

Midas didn’t bother wasting precious energy on reacting to an easy death sentence that was so hastily came upon after only two words, bleached plume slapped against his right haunch before rocketing to the left as if snagging a frustrating fly from his body; it was the only show of irritation that revealed itself thus far. Focus on their retreating company fell away, and instead he listened to Mauja, who had decided to speak words that echoed his own heart in the moment, "Sometimes you have to hold a rose towards the light despite its thorns. Come on, bud', we've got a prickly mare to save." a soft snort vibrated his tones, with the hints of a responding smile twitching the corners of his dark lips up.

Their moment faded and the challenge of concern seeped in, stepping forward Midas trailed behind Mauja, a deep frown replacing his normal pleasantries. She looked more dead than alive. With little effort he shoved pity and all trivial emotions away, she didn’t need them right now; and frankly, neither did he. Following example, he also pushed under weighted branches. Frame angled toward her vacant side; neck tensed and lowering just in time to see feminine cranium lean up with pitiful threads of strength keeping it so. Her lips were drawn back revealing a row of yellowish choppers.

“We need to get her up, some place where food is readily available. As long as she has something to digest, she’ll be able to keep her temperature. The question is…how to get her up?”

It was in that moment while looking at their ice sickle mare that an idea formed. Tilting head up he said, “Let me try something for her,” He might, and that was a big, ‘might,’ be able to raise her from the empty ground. This idea was yet untested, softly he added, “If this works, be ready to stabilize her balance.”

Inhaling a breath of bitter cold air until it filled his lungs to burst; Midas summoned the spindle threads of magic within himself. It took a moment; layers of permafrost hindered his tugging. Surely, and finally swiftly; granules of his talent sprouted from the ground in trickles, then streams until the shapeless glittering sand circled his forelocks and trailed up. Left forehoof rose slightly at a bent angle, he tapped the butt of it against the ground and pushed with mind’s eye for the sand to trail below. It moved like a flowing stream of gold, slithering and shifting under the mare’s body.

Some came from beneath the ground; others found their way under, one speck at a time. Brows furrowed in deep concentration as he focused every ounce of energy into building the amount of sand beneath her body. Higher and higher it rose, layering itself below; creating a warmer shield. If he could keep it up, soon—her abdomen would be pushed up, along with legs.