the Rift

[OPEN] Stealing Charm

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan's emerald eyes welled up further with every wave that rolled in "'Ey. I'm 'ere," The ocean's breeze danced around him before pushing him forward. "S'been some time." His voice was husky with emotion. Never again did he think he would taste the salty air upon his lips. The sea herself must have doubted the return of her wild boy herself, as she reacted strongly to the bay stallion's reappearance. 

The sea breeze rallied up into a wind and tore at Caenan's mane and tail pulling loose some of the uncharacteristic matts that had formed in his usually windswept hair. Throat growing tight he threw his head up and closed his eyes willing the heavy tears away. He stood steadily still as the wind whipped about him. 

Whenever his eyes came open once more the tears that had threatened to fall were replaced with a mischievous glint and on his lips grew a crooked grin. "On the usual count," His voice was almost a whisper. "One.. two.. As the numbers rose so did his own voice the number three rang with more life to it than what his voice had carried in what felt like seasons. 

After the count of three Caenan fled from where he had been standing as if all of his life's troubles were at his hooves. Sand flew up to embrace the stallion. He raced the gulls; he raced the wind; he raced any that would take his challenge. Caenan ran until he out raced his own tired and worn body. 

His legs crumpled from underneath of him and he fell rolling across the soft sands. Caenan's 'X' marking flashed to the sky three times before he stopped. For moments he was completely still and laid flat across the shore but then laughter rumbled from deep within his chest. The stallion's thin sides bounced with laughter.

@Naerys and @ Alune

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

Naerys had been expecting her mother's negative reaction to her wandering spirit at some point. That's not to say that the girl had continued to push as a way to test her boundaries or see how long it would take for the black and white mare to crack. That hadn't ever been her intention, despite how it may have looked to anyone outside of her own mind. She is young and she simply acts. There is no thought of how her actions may affect anyone else. Leaving the World's Edge without first finding her mother hadn't been an act of rebellion. It never felt as though she were sneaking out and there hadn't been any sort of intentional mischief. At least, she hadn't sought it out.

So when she decides it's time to head out again, she makes a conscious effort to find her mother and let her know she wanted to go for a walk on the beach. And every ounce of that is true. Not even she knew what would happen when she reached the Endless Blue but then again, how could she know? Her passionflower trail is the only magic the girl possesses in her slender body and even that she has no control over. Finding her mother hadn't been all that difficult when she put her mind to it and with her mother informed, the girl makes her way to the cliffs with Petyr riding comfortably on her withers. Once Naerys found the beginning of the clearing, she positions herself in a straight charging line to the edge of the cliffs then pauses. Petyr, sensing the plan from his bonded, leaps from her withers and into the sky. The vibrant green bird soars around her in wide, arcing circles that grant her space while keeping close enough for comfort.

After a few deep inhalations, the brown and white filly unfurls her large wings and hurtles herself towards the cliff's edge. The girl gallops, quickly covering the ground and with a forceful shove of her hooves against the solid ground she leaps into the air. Soaring forward and down, Naerys allows herself to glide for a few very brief moments before her wings begin to flap. With Petyr hot on her tail, the duo turn south and follow the coastline towards the beach.

Her journey to the Endless Blue is a rather short one so she savors the time she has. As her teal gaze finds the shore, she begins her descent with a gleeful whinny and a gentle smile upon her face. The pair soars down, Naerys lands on the sandy shore with a thud and a gentle spray of sand while Petyr lands once more on her withers. And that's when her teal eyes land on the stallion presumably lounging on the sands. For the briefest of moments, she hesitates - the incident with her mother involving Rift still a powerful influence in her young mind - but once more her curiosity gets the better of her. The girl ruffles her feathers before folding her wings against her sides and with a shake of her head to rearrange her dark forelock, she walks towards the body in the sand. Once she drew near enough to get a better look (without putting herself completely in danger), her teal gaze sweeps over him and quickly notices the bouncing of his sides. Tilting her head ever so slightly to the side, the girl focuses on his face. "Hey there." she says sweetly, her voice warm and friendly. "Are you all right?"

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

@Caenan

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
Driving me insane 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

"Am I all right?" Caenan continued to lay on his side and only lifted his head to address whoever it was that had stumbled upon him. A flashy grin spread across his face at the sight of a filly with flowers at her feet. "I am Caenan, Son of the Sea, and I have been on an adventure." Throwing all of his weight into the movement the playful pirate pressed himself ever onwards and back onto his hooves. After standing he had to take a moment to steady himself. He did not bother with shaking the sands from his body and instead allowed them to fall free from him whenever he dropped his neck in a bow. "An' it looks like it ends here. At the hooves of a princess." Pirates and princesses. Was that not what every fairy tale required?

"So the question is," Caenan feigned complete seriousness, "Are you all right after having come out all this way ta fetch me?" The stallion's gaze broke from her to a particularly brazen gull who crept up to pluck at the flowers that bloomed around her. Pawing the sand a few times he attempted to drive the bird off. Not all things that touch these sands are yours brother, Caenan thought as he tried multiple times to shoo the bird away. Nor are they mine. The gull protested loudly. But I can hope for a friend. 

@Naerys, sorry that it is so short! I had a longer post written, but accidentally deleted it.

WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

Naerys hardly knew what she'd gotten herself into when she approached the dark figure on the beach. He was laughing which, she supposed, was a good sign. Her young mind didn't stop to wonder or worry that he might be laughing for a more sinister reason; her naïveté allowing her to be at ease even in unusual circumstances. So when his voice, rather warm and pleasant to her ears, rolls from his lips and echoes her very question - the girl breaks into a quietly curious little smile. Her teal eyes watch him carefully, if only for her mother's sake. But when his green eyes lock onto hers and a confident, flashy grin spreads like wildfire across his face, any and all hesitation she may have possessed disappears. Surely one so pleasant wouldn't hurt her, would he? No, she quickly decided, he wouldn't harm her; she didn't have to know him to see that.

His introduction didn't go unnoticed but at the mention of adventure, the girl couldn't help but spiritually salivate. The desire for adventure runs deep within her soul, so deep that she finds it difficult to keep herself so contained within the Edge and its borders as her mother wants. Naerys longs to see things, anything at all really, and by now she knows the Edge like the back of her hoof. The misty forest is her home in the deepest possible sense but it isn't enough for her, not anymore. "Adventure, you say? Oh! Do tell." her voice only just masks the giddy excitement that has built up within her. Maintaining her composure is difficult but something about this particular meeting feels familiar. The biggest difference lies in the fact that she's matured, at least to a certain extent.

Before she had a chance to dive any deeper into her own mind, her own thoughts, the stallion shifts and lifts himself back up onto his hooves. He was briefly unsteady, swaying a bit, and without further thought Naerys rushes towards him - rapidly closing the distance with the intent of providing support. Of course, by the time she arrived at his side, the stallion had steadied himself but suddenly, she realized, she was close enough to feel him and smell him. With the aroma of the ocean filling her nostrils and the warmth of his flesh so near hers, she can feel a sudden rush of heat to her face; reddening the flesh beneath the dark fur on her face. For a moment she's still, only her eyes shift to linger briefly on the grains of sand clinging to the dark fur on his side. The girl almost reached for him, nearly attempting to brush the remnants of leftover sand away with the softness of her muzzle. Almost. Instead, Naerys stepped back with just enough time to see him bow.

Princess he called her. And oh, that was so much better than Little Bird. "You flatter me, Caenan." she began rather sweetly, her voice betraying the playfulness that he had brought out in her. "It's wonderful to meet you. I'm Naerys, of the World's Edge." the girl added with a slight bow of her own neck, teal eyes glimmering like the tropical sea beneath the high noon sun. She felt joy, perhaps for the first time in quite a while. So when his demeanor shifted to one more serious in nature, she couldn't fight the grin threatening to curl her own lips. "Oh!" she began, her voice breathy and almost faint with a rather dramatic flair. "It was such a long way. In fact, I'm feeling a bit faint. How will I ever make it back?" and she officially turned on the drama, doing her best to keep a straight face despite the knowledge that her eyes gave her away. Naerys' attention was so glued to the pirate stallion that she hardly noticed the sudden appearance of the gull sneaking in to steal one of her fragrant blooms.

Eventually Caenan's persistence drives the pesky bird away and the yearling bends to pluck one of the flowers from the sandy shore. Lifting it, she extends it to the pirate as a sort of offering of thanks. She'd only gifted her flower to one other before, not that it was difficult for anyone else to stumble across one of her old spots and pluck them for themselves.

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

ooc: omg, she rambled again. xD sorry about that. hopefully it makes sense!

@Caenan

TierRen
Driving me insane 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan's eyes sparkled at the sight of another being so quick to come to his aid. In that simple moment Naerys healed some of the distress that had anchored itself so deeply in the stallion's heart. Whether she knew it or not the filly had intertwined their lives in one simple meeting. Caenan would be whatever the pegasus needed him to be; friend, protector, anything. As long as he lived she would have no foe.

Naerys' closeness sent the breeze to tugging the smell of her around him. Her scent was different than his. It was like the smell of flowers tossed about by a lazy spring day. If Caenan's scent was a shout Naerys' was a whisper. But there was still a taste of salty air on her that made him feel as though they had something in common. 

"Most recently I battled one of the Rift Gods," his demeanor chilled at the thought. Caenan was already skeptical of any with such control over others and nothing angered him more than one gifted with power abusing it. "I helped to fell the bear but it is what cost me my health."  He winced inwardly as he told her. What would one who grew flowers at her hooves think of another with blood upon theirs? The princess and the pirate; both from the same tale but certainly they belonged on different pages rather than the one they wrote together.

"Whenever I said I had been on an adventure I s'pose I should 'ave said I am on one. It will be my grandest one yet. And you are a part of it." He nudged her and laughed. It was a movement that would have been fitting shared between two stallions. It was a touch out of place between Caenan and Naerys but she struck him as one that would not take well to being treated as if she were as fragile as the flowers sprouting around her hooves. "I am considering joining a herd." He sighed audibly at the thought. "And princess," his smile was hesitant, "I fear my hooves being planted in one place of living."

"My, the Edge of the world? You have come far. It is I who am honored."Caenan threw his head back in laughter. He felt positively giddy. She was from the herd he had been considering. If he was going to really go through with joining a herd it would be a relief to have a friendly face there among the others. "Naerys, I have a feelin' that those hooves of yours could go for many more adventures before they tire." He flashed his easy smile again, "But should you need it I would accompany you whilst you rest. I offer my shoulder to lean upon, M'lady."

The pirate blinked at her and the gift she offered. His emeralds rose to meet her eyes of teal. "This is the first gift someone has given me in a very long time." It was no wonder that the flowers came to peacefully rest at Naerys' hooves, she had a rare sort of kindness. He dropped his head and suddenly spoke with a much softer voice, "Would you place it in my mane?" Caenan looked up at her from under his lashes. It was an almost mare-like expression that rested oddly on the roguish stallion. Caenan was not accustomed to being given gifts and he suddenly felt timid; he had no idea how to react.

@Naerys sorry that this took ages to post. Caenan wanted to go on for days.

Naerys

Naerys has little trouble making friends, though often it seems her mother does not approve. Idly, the girl wonders how her mother would feel about Caenan. Would she distrust him the way she did many of Naerys' other friends? Or would she, perchance, find him charming. In the end, though, it didn't really matter because Naerys will befriend whomever she wishes to and won't be swayed by her mother's overprotective opinion. True, the girl seems to entertain a closer companionship with more males than females - many of which are a fair bit older than herself - but to assume those relationships are anything except innocent is quite ludicrous. At only a year old, Naerys has yet to experience the burning lust of sexual attraction - only the occasional feelings of child-like love have entered her heart. Simple crushes that are just that; crushes. It is also difficult to fathom any of them thinking of her, a naive yearling girl, in a sexual manner. She is young, just a girl in comparison to them despite how much she tries to behave like the independent adult she longs to be.

Caenan's youthful energy draws her in, leaving her temporarily uneasy when she stood so close she could almost touch him. His scent mingles delightfully with her own, sending her heart into a fluttering dance and her mind down the road of the hopelessly romantic. She lingers so close only briefly but it is long enough to leave her feeling a bit intoxicated by him. Yet when the charming pirate speaks, his own words seem to temporarily cool his demeanor and leave his princess at a loss for words. "Oh." she replies softly, her voice gentle and light. Her own mind wanders to the scarred flesh of her back legs, and in that moment she can't help but to wonder if he'd think less of her if he knew what she had done. He'd helped to fell the bear - a rift god she hadn't heard of before now - but she... she'd helped to fell two others. What would he think of his princess if he knew of the blood staining her own hooves? In truth, their worlds weren't so far apart but instead of proudly declaring her own involvement she only softens her gaze as her teal gems focus on his handsome face. "There was a bear, too?" she asks, her sweet voice only just above a whisper. It was, perhaps, the closest she could come to admitting her own knowledge of the events involving the Rift Gods. Should he question her further, there is little doubt that she would be honest, even knowing how little she wanted anyone else to know of her own stupidity.

She is thankful when he changes the subject and, subsequently, changes the mood between them once more. He nudges her and though the gesture wasn't even remotely romantic, his touch leaves her blushing while his laughter lightens her heart. "Am I? And what part shall I play?" she replies, her eyes twinkling with a hint of mischief. Her own laughter, light and tinkling, mingles briefly with his. Yet it is his 'confession' that leaves her feeling positively giddy, no matter how hesitant he seemed. "Being a part of a herd doesn't mean you'll be completely tied down. Goodness knows I do my fair share of wandering." she replies sweetly, giggling softly over her own nomadic heart. The Edge, for her, was a safe zone. A comfortable place to return to when she grew tired. It is her home base and though they hold her loyalty, they cannot chain her to the misty trees. They cannot keep her from the rest of the world.

Naerys would always venture away from home to explore. There is little question of that.

The girl, his princess, grins warmly at him when he speaks again followed once more by hearty laughter - evidence, perhaps, that he feels the excitement in the air between them as well. For the moment, she doesn't respond. She simply watches him with twinkling eyes of teal, bright against the mostly chocolate tones of her face. Her dark forelock, having lost its' foal-like fuzzy shortness, lies just above her eyes - framing them like bangs and drawing further attention to the brightly hued orbs. But then he flashed that easy smile again - a look that would surely turn her limbs to jelly once she turned two and everything changed. "Why thank you, kind sir!" she replies, giggling softly. In truth, she isn't in the least bit tired but she didn't want to go home yet - she didn't want to be forced to face her mother's distrust so soon, not after what had happened with Rift. Mother knew she'd left and knew where she'd gone which means that she would be expecting her back. Worse, she'd have questions. Questions that Naerys didn't long to answer. Her gaze drops to his shoulder and she sighs softly. "I might just have to take you up on that offer." she replies as she lifts her gaze to his once more.

There was a clear shift in his demeanor when she offered him one of her blossoms as a gift. At first, he simply blinked and for a moment she wasn't quite sure what to make of him. She felt almost sheepish as she gazed at him with the large bloom gripped tenderly between her lips. When he finally spoke, however, she felt her heart flutter. He lowers his head then and gazes up at her through dark lashes, his voice suddenly softer and more gentle than it had been before. The girl nods lightly in response, and with a simple flick of her ear she gestures for Petyr's assistance. The green bird that had been content to rest upon her shoulders, fluttered up to land upon her nose. The green magpie takes the bloom from his companion, flies over to the stallion's neck and weaves the stem into the pirate's dark mane. With that accomplished, Petyr returns to his spot upon Naerys' withers. Naerys admires the contrast of the brightly hued bloom against the darkness of Caenan's mane and she offers him a sweet smile of approval. "It suits you."

She is quiet as she shifts, moving slightly to the side to circle around the pirate until she stands directly beside him. Naerys leans in, placing her lips not far from his ear. "Can I tell you a secret?" she whispers, her voice light and amused. Naerys shifts then to gesture to the cliffs to the north of the beach. "You see those cliffs?" she asks, pausing briefly for effect. "The Edge is just up there." and with that she laughs, pure and genuine, the sound undeniably pleasant to the ears. "Though...I'm not ready to go home just yet." she confesses once her laughter quiets. Awkwardly, the girl shifts herself closer to him and within moments she finds herself attempting to lean against his side. "I...Would you explore with me?" she asks, her voice a mere breathy whisper.
in your heart shall burn
an unquenchable flame
Coding by Tamme; Image by Tier

notes: Apologies for the delay! And apparently she wanted to go on for days, too. lol
@Caenan