the Rift

[OPEN] Dirty Pop [Prison Clearing]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Alright, so I had this task to do. And even though Thranduil hadn’t exactly been nice about asking for this favour I figured I might as well do it. For completely selfish reasons, of course. Like I was going to give up the key to my very own prison cell. But between now and when all of that was done, I had a lot of work to do. I could worry about trying to convince our great leaders, none of whom seem to be particularly fond of me (I know, I can’t imagine why either), that I should be the keeper of the keys when it came to that time.

Right now, though, I needed bodies. Strong, beautiful, helpful bodies that could help me with a little rock clearing. It really wouldn’t be too hard and some of it I could do myself but uh… I know this will come as a shock to a lot of you but I’m not exactly strong. There aren’t a whole lot of muscles underneath this sugary coat of mine. Just you know… some muscles. And I don’t think “some” is going to be enough in this situation.

Apparently we have an army in this herd although I’ve never seen them. I remember that d’Artagnan had been promoted to a General although that was… I don’t know, almost a year ago and I hadn’t seen him in almost that long either. I would love to just sit back in a snowbank and watch him get all glistening with sweat as he worked hard.

But if I couldn’t find that tall, dark, handsome stallion to help me I was sure I could find someone else.

I tried to remember if I could think of any of those pretty little faces that I had met during my time in the Basin. Were any of them in the army? It wasn’t usually something that I thought about asking. It wasn’t a career I had ever considered before - never even heard of armies and such before Helovia. There had been some vague rumours about battles across the land lately but I don’t really leave the Basin much, especially during the warmer months. It’s not worth melting to satisfy my curiosity. Better to hang around here, collect more fleece and materials to add to my bed stores in my cave.

A delightful little flurry had started up as I headed out - Frostfall was coming which probably meant it’d be a lot harder to move those rocks when the weather settled in. Not knowing who I was looking for, only that I was sure to stumble across someone that would be able to help (since Thranduil had been the worst at helping), I just sort of began wandering. But not just walking, oh no, there was a little jig to my step and I was singing a little song along the way. Some ancient ballad, about some nice young boys that had the gift of melody...
come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

@Sialia

SO LATE but if you're still up for the fortify ranks helping Johnny out with the prison cell we can get that going! Maybe the two of them could meet first and then find any other helpful critters along the way? :D
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

He needed work.

His entire life was a mess, his relationships ruined or tumultuous and his heart constantly aching. Johnny wanted strong beautiful bodies? Well maybe everything else was going to shit, but the muscles were rippling under Ashamin's skin and he was becoming just that: beautiful. Strong. He was faster, he could feel it. Enough practice had gotten him to a point where he had enough of the strength that Johnny needed of him.

So whatever. He'd mope some, maybe, he'd sulk and drag his two companions reluctantly through the flurrying snow, but he'd help. Someone had to. It didn't matter if it wasn't his job, he'd make anything his job if it meant distracting himself from the complications of his social life.

The two cerndyrs dragged their feet and brayed, wailing and bemoaning the journey in tandem, but Ashamin only wrapped his tail behind their hindquarters and pressed them onwards. They would work, too. All of them needed some good, honest work to build themselves up into something better.

When he at last came to the ruins of the prison, Ashamin sighed and pulled himself up. He squinted tiredly in the light, searching through the snow, and made out the few colorful traces of the crafter. "Johnny," he said confidently, despite the fact that he could barely make out his cheerful friend in the snow, "Need a hand with all this?"

Already Rakt and Lochan were circling around, surveying the clearing and nudging things with noses and budded antlers. Ashamin smiled at them briefly, lifted his head to watch over them--particularly young Rakt--with care. As he had suspected, they would not complain so loudly when they saw a treasure trove of ruins and rocks to sort through. They were curious like that. The haruspex watched with a smile as they drew further into the snowy sheet, visible only by shimmers of stardust and dark mist. He kicked a rock at his foot, exhaled a thick puff of white, and searched for the crafter's gumdrop gaze. If Johnny didn't need him he'd find work elsewhere, but he needed it more than anything.

"Go on Lochan," Ashamin called to his companion through the snow. He cast a smile towards Johnny, a rare one given the pain in his chest. "Get others, Johnny and I won't be able to clear this on our own.'" And as the dark cerndyr bounded off, Ashamin's face was set with determination. With a look that pulled up sleeves, Ashamin prepared himself for the job.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

@Johnny
@Sialia
@Deimos

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

He whittled away the hours by honing his skills; extending his blade through fallen fir or rotting logs, polishing a quick strike, an inevitable blow, a deadly combination of movement and predatory motions through decrepit wares. It was a welcome diversion from all the strange nuances floating about his skull, churning his membrane from his defects, his flaws, his trials and all their heartless errors, to the actions he could concoct in his sleep: steady with a rapier, comfortable with a cutlass. Like a scythe, he dove through the nuances, rising towards dawn and lowering his body, his cranium, until his horn met wooden flesh, swinging it in one disastrous, bloody arch, watching the chips and rubble scatter like pieces of skin, sinew, and pelt. Satisfied for the few, restless moments, he built a crescendo of fire within his jaws, felt the rising pulse, the molten flame, the bestial whims conspiring along his maw, and was about to release it upon a hapless log, when a creature delved into the scene.

The King stilled, glancing and glaring at one of the kingdom’s smaller subjects; someone’s companion, recognizable and distinct, but he didn’t have a name to the tiny, deer-like creature. He narrowed his eyes, speculating and pondering, tilting his head for a fraction of a second; because rarely did companions seek him out – it was their guardians, their chieftains, who grasped for his attention. A severe thought came to his mind, and his eyes widened for a time, apprehension and annihilation wrapping a vicious coil around his mind – what if someone was hurt? What if another of his herd required aid? He wasn’t capable of administering any mending contortions, but he could certainly chisel and devour and mutilate anything and everyone intending to harm his comrades – so without delay, as the fawn turned and swiveled along stony paths and tundra corners, he followed as a massacring shadow, as a vehement haze, as a murdering cretin, intending to slay, to persecute, to cut and slash and obliterate a disastrous touch-

But they arrived into a clearing, into a familiar world, into naught more than a glade of rubble and ruin. The demon stared at the scene, blinking once or twice, deciphering what was truly in front of him – just the red and white Crafter and the Haruspex, picking apart the stretch of debris and wreckage that used to be the prison. No one appeared hurt. No one was endangered.

A low shuddering sigh left his body, and his glare lost its immoral, licentious degree; slipping along the grounds as if he were a tired, lonely king of demolition, and the ground-up turf was all his doing. Curiosity got the better of him as he lingered closer and closer, advancing towards the duo with all the sentiments of an intrigued cretin, an interested fiend, because for a time the dungeon was a cell for their enemies, and now it could only hold specks of dust and grain. But they’d gained new opponents, unfamiliar imbeciles knocking on their doors, and soon, perhaps once they’d managed to reconstruct what they’d lost (isn’t that all he did lately? Try to repair all the things he’d broken down?), it could house the seditious fiends circling their wares. His voice was keen and sharp, cutting through the swarm of stony remains, gaze settling upon one, then the other. “How may I assist?”

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

The temptress arrives in her cloak of darkness, driven by demons not worth mentioning. Muscles where taught, and strong, a beautiful body some may put it. Only if you looked closely could you see the slightly distended barrel from carrying a child at one time. But most did not look so closely, and eventually it would be gone (provided I did not have another child anytime soon).

I had actually been having a fairly pointless day, basking in my own moodiness, and mild hatred (but extreme attraction) of a certain hybrid. My soldier, who I pretended to have control over (hah, what a joke). He boasted his respect, yet he still did not prove it to me. Would today be that day? Or would I yet again be disappointed in his absence... 

I happened to be drawn to a peculiar smell... It was sweet... and pepperminty. Which is the main reason why I was now arriving on scene to the destroyed prison. I cringed at memory of the cause of that and the absolute cluster fuck that particular day had been. The death of Midas (who while not close I had helped to solve murders with, and had not deserved his fate), and the ultimate take over of the hidden falls. It was not a proud day, but wars never did bring a whole lot of pride to those who fought them, unless one was an egotistical fool. 

It almost shocked me, how long we had left the prison unfixed. The sheer procrastination. It was long over due, and certainly time to begin. 

Now that my musings of memories of dark days, and procrastination where over, I noticed the bodies beginning to work. Ashamin, who already looked as taught as I, and Deimos. I knew them both, yet I had not seen our Lord as of late. I was of course pleased to see his scariness out and about. I assume our paths just hadn't crossed as of late. 

Ashamin seemed everywhere at once, and I was pleased to have seen him so often, and so willing to help. However there was one I did not know, and he was the source of the delicious smell. I moved closer, looking at the smaller sweet smelling unicorn with wonder. I wanted to take a huge bite out of him, but he was alive. I snorted softly, never having seen anything so weird in my life. But I compose myself, and put on a flashing smile. 

"Could you use, some more help?"
And I am moving to help my lord and my seer to move the debris, resisting asking why he smelled so yummy, instead concentrating on shoving the boulders away.

Base Code: Tamme    Art & Customization: Goatfairy

@Johnny 
 @Ki'irha 
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
Frost Fyre
wonder, wonder what you might do
you can't simply hide our dream in the blue
Mentally, they were strained. They had found themselves wanting different things and distinguishing their thoughts. They had been deeply entangled with each other, and for that to be disrupted unsettled both of them. Where they had once found solace in their indistinguishable minds, they now found pressure, stress.

Stay or go?

Let's meet someone new, Frost. Or we can visit those deer again or

Are you insane?

Her leonine tail lashed violently around her hocks, letting out a frustrated sigh. Altair prodded at her shoulder, lipping her dark coat affectionately. He was playing sweet to get what he wanted, but the maiden was not swayed. She turned away from him, cloven hooves striking the ground away from her bonded. He followed silently, lingering a couple lengths behind her. She did her best to ignore the dismay that came in waves through their bond, but it was staggering. He wanted did not only want to find new friends, but he wanted her to find a sliver of happiness in friendship as well.

But her attempt at getting away from her companion was her own undoing. The maiden did not pay attention to where she was going. She was so focused on ruminating in her pursuits of being alone that she did not notice the desecrated prison or horses gathered by it until she was upon them. Altair held back his excitement until they were close enough that it would be rude to turn away now. He called out happily to Rakt, bouncing forward to touch noses with the tiny cerndyr.

She froze when she finally did notice the others, staring wide-eyed at them, planets and stars still orbiting around her head regardless. Her jaded gaze searched desperately for an escape, for an excuse to leave, at least. When she found none, she stepped closer to the group reluctantly, peering at their work. "May I help?" She asked softly, hesitantly, weaving her leonine tail in between her hind legs. Altair looked away from the fellow cerndyr to smile at his bonded, pleased that she was taking some initiative to be social, even if it was out of being trapped into doing so.

image || table

p.s. I know all the words to Dirty Pop — SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ALL THESE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS POP LIFE AND WHEN'S IT GONNA FADE OUT
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I woke from my cave with a gust of chill. A small amount of snow managed to find its way in toward me, and I grumbled at its coldness as I stretched my golden legs. Blue eyes peered outside to notice the snow as it began to fall, and I realized just how exhausted I really was. I had spent so much time and energy creating another being that I felt like I had no energy to put elsewhere - but I needed to. I needed something to keep my mind off of things. The complications with Tembovu. The slight upset with Ashamin over the entire pregnancy thing. If I could have, I would've just hid myself away until it was born. But no, I had a duty to do. I was the lead of my rank now, promoted by Hotaru. And I would show that I could do my job even moreso now.

So with that thought in mind, I set out to brave the cold. I found my way to a clearing where I could see a gathering growing. I instantly grew curious as I stepped closer, spotting my Lord in the clearing as well as my childs father. I hoped that deep down my presence wouldn't upset him, but it proved difficult when you lived in the same place. It seemed as though they were doing something so perhaps his mind would be elsewhere and he wouldn't seem to care. I could only hope that would work, considering my swollen barrel showed stronger than when I had broke the news to Ashamin.

I lowered my head and trudged into the clearing, spotting Johnny. There were a few other creatures that had begun to work that I didn't recognize. I saw the mare I met when Ashamin's other companion had hatched, but with all my energy I could barely remember her name. So instead of speaking, I nodded to each of them, dipping my head to my lord, and offering a small smile to Ashamin as if to tell him 'It's really happening.' I looked to Johnny and stepped up beside him. "Hello, my tantalizing friend. What can I do to help?" I questioned him with a slight tilt to my head. All of my energy being forced into the smile and greeting to those working, that I wondered perhaps what the candy man would have me do to help. It was obvious that I carried a foal, so I hoped he'd give me a task that wouldn't kill me off.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Johnny @Ashamin
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real, for the Devil at the cross road wants to make a Deal
His cracked hooves walked across the cold Basin ground. His gray eyes looked ahead with a stone emotionless feel. It had been awhile since he had stayed in the Basin. Nox had been wondering around Helovia looking for Herbs and different things. He had thought about killing himself for a bit before Tiamat pulled him out of that hole. His heavily crowned skull hung even with his withers. His demonic horns towered above his body with a heavy thick base. As he found his way across the icy lands he could smell peppermints?' what the hell?' he questioned walking towards the smell. Then some familiar scents caught his attention. He had been pretty bitter since his beloved wolf hide had been taken by a bastard. Stupid mutant flying turkeys... As he walked out of the rocky path he had noticed that there were many other equines he had not met. Deimos was there and Ashamin was standing a distance away from him.

He walked further out as he heard a female voice speak. He knew that voice very well it chimed in the deep depths of his ears. It was Rexanna with all her golden beauty. He smiled softly as his onyx body moved closer to the mare. His stone gray eyes trailed over her, then he noticed something different. "Well it looks like I owe you a congratulations. You look wonderful love, make sure you take care of yourself."" He chuckled reaching out his muzzle to her cheek in a greeting. "Make sure you don't over do your self."" He looked up to the peppermint smelling horse with stone cold eyes."I am Mortuus Nox, I can help you in what ever way you please."" He looked to Ashamin and Diemos, the only other two he could recognize. Nox dipped his head in a hello as he looked back up to the cany coated man waiting to see what tasks he would assign to who.

"Talking here""
Image Credits!

@Rexanna @Johnny

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The blue groaned. It was a loud, undignified groan, and the corporal dragged her feet like a petulant child. She snorted and stretched before continuing on. Her refreshing dip the night prior had left her with nothing but a prize she wouldn't keep, and a soreness that would linger for longer than she would like. She was on a search for a healer, or someone with a remedy to qualm the burning in her muscles. Everything ached, and she just wanted to curl up by a warm fire.

But instead she wandered through the valley, looking for someone trained in mending. Somehow, she ended up traveling west until the prison came into view. It was decrepit, probably out of commission. She had never visited it other than passing by. The cold steel and rusting mechanisms weren't really her thing, and getting trapped in a cell was no way to spend a lonely afternoon. But today it was bustling with others.

She walked in, a smile softening her face as she tried to compose herself. Before her stood a stallion, small in stature, positively pink, who's scent filled her nostrils. It was alluring, and somehow desirable in a non-sexy way. If she was a less refined creature she would have gone in for a taste, but she had manners. So instead she leaned in, pressing her cheek against his. "You must be Johnny!" she began, before pulling away and catching his green eyes. "I've heard much about you, you're the wonderful weaver who made my scarf." She lifted her head, as if giving room for him to see the lovely fleece hood that wrapped around the base of her neck. "It is wonderful to meet you." She stepped back, eyes scanning the room. Ashamin was there, and her heart ached. Regret? Admiration? Fear? She couldn't look in his eyes, instead sharing a curt nod before moving on to the next. The weight in her scarf reminded her that she needed to speak with him to share her gift, but she could wait. She bowed her head at Deimos, addressing him as "Lord" to show her respect. "Sialia, it is good to see you again," she greeted her fellow corporal.  She nodded to the newcomer, whose face was as unfamiliar as the inside of the prison. Her silver gaze fell upon Nox, and she scowled. Her last interaction with him in the Threshold was more than unpleasant, and she hoped to avoid further discussion.

"Rexanna," she crooned, finally making it to the golden thief. A smile took the place of her scowl, and she visibly softened. "You're simply glowing, darling." The corporal had only met the thief once, and immediately tried to cover for any offense. "Though, I hope you don't find my comment unwarranted." The girl was beautiful, and had surely picked a mate just as gorgeous. Ki was interested to see the product of whatever that pairing was.

Turning back to the minty pony, she refocused her energy on he task at hand. She shifted her weight, unable to get comfortable. "So, I ask you the same as everyone else. Where do we begin?"

"Talk?"

some people have no idea
how beautiful
the darkness is.

OOC// Yea this is kinda bad. I just needed to get a post up!
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Outcast
So there’s really no luckier candy-coated asshole this side of the Threshold. All I was doing was looking around for someone, anyone, to help little ol’ me with this project that Thranduil had given me. And would you look at the crowd of rippling muscles and adorable  faces that showed up? I hadn’t even called out. I am the damsel in distress and I have seven heros. I’m the luckiest princess in the world!

The first to show up, ever my knight in gold-butt armour, sweet Ashamin with two delightful little creatures. “My dear Ashamin! Aren’t you a little drop of Heaven. Help would be marvelous. I don’t even know where to begin.” Physical labour? Not my strong suit. But Ashamin had enough muscles for the both of us, I noted happily. Someone had been working out.

Alas, we’re not alone for long. Deimos, a gloomy looking fellow who I’ve heard is one of our fair monarchs, came to offer help but before I could offer so much as a grin in response there were others arriving! A gorgeous black mare who looked, for a moment, as though she was about ready to go in for a nibble but luckily for all (and unluckily for me) she resisted the urge and merely offered to help instead. Well I guess I can’t complain about that.

A sweet little thing came next, also with a deer companion (how odd!) and Rexanna, who joined me. I’m not the most observant of all the candy canes but I do catch onto the swelling of her sides - not to mention the comments from a couple of the other dears that showed up certainly cleared up the matter. Pregnant! “Keep me company, my dear!” I’ll think of something the pair of us can do without putting her or the baby in danger.

Mortuus Nox, a sinfully delightful specimen of a stallion, and a sweet blue mare complete our merry company. I am utterly delighted at her greeting. as she stepped forward without ceremony and pressed her cheek against his. Oh yeah, I like her. AND that was even before she went on to explain that she was the recipient of the item Ashamin had asked me to craft! Oh how delightful! “It looks wonderful on you, my dear! I’m so glad you like it. A Johnny-original that is, I bet they’ll be a hot commodity soon.”

Everyone is asking me what we should be doing which is a funny little turn of events. Even our Lord and Saviour, Deimos! Better watch out, Basinites, a speech is coming on and it’s unlike any you’ve ever heard of. I bounce on over closer to the prison, sure that the movement will get everyone’s attention - if only for a moment. I’m still dancing a little on the spot when I start to talk because I can’t believe how exciting this was. Being surrounded by a group of fine individuals  “Well, if you’re not all my favourite sweethearts I don’t know who is. My name’s Johnny for any that don’t know and we’ve got to clear out this mess in our prison! Seems there’s been a bit of a cave in.” It was a mess. “Perhaps a couple of you fine creatures could start making your way in, pushing the rocks and rubble outward for everyone else to get out of the way? It’ll be a cozy fit if we all try to get in there at once.” I give a little wink to Rexanna to punctuate the idea. Though it would seem she’s already been getting cozy with someone! “There’s an awful lot of rocks so we can switch out once our illustrious volunteers inside the prison get tired!”

I step aside then, to allow whomever may wish to tackle the entrance first. I’m rather afraid that one of those rocks will tumble and I’ll get turned into a sugar cookie so I’ll leave that job for the more impressive specimens that are around and work at clearing some of the rubble away from the area in front of the prison. It just wouldn’t do to have our captives in there, looking out at a messy and forlorn sight! I work my way back to Rexanna - between her pregnancy and my… soft muscles the two of us would be better suited for some lighter work here on the outside.
come with me, honey
image credits

in this thread I thought I'd see how many different ways Johnny could describe his helpers as 'pretty'.

posting order isn't important, I don't think. Whoever posts first/wants to can start on clearing the actual prison and then in the next round we can swap out and then that should do the trick :D

@Ashamin
@Sialia
@Deimos
@Frost Fyre
@Rexanna
@Mortuus Nox
@Ki'irha
please tag in all posts

Lochan returned not only with more of a crowd than Ashamin had expected, but a rather eclectic one, too. Ashamin knew all who arrived; he chalked it up to his companion's shy mannerisms. It was true that Lochan would not likely have approached someone he didn't know, and all of those who joined them were either old or new friends and acquaintances. Aside from the spotted mare (Frost Fyre, as he vaguely recalled) Ashamin had known most of those gathered for a few seasons.

But that, perhaps, was the problem. Deimos arrived and Ashamin stiffened at the memory of their odd meeting on the beach, one so dimly but dangerously remembered. Then Frost Fyre came and her companion immediately approached his own, but Rakt's odd manner caused him to brush off the other of his kind with nothing more than a slight nudge of the nose. Rexanna's arrival was, well... the last thing  he needed. She came with a wide stomach and a large shadow of everything he had been trying to avoid. Mortuus appeared and brought to Ashamin the moment when he should have shared his fears before they'd burst and broken Thranduil's heart.

And Ki'irha...

As always, the haruspex didn't know how to handle her. He didn't know how to think about her, how to respond. He made his way through the crowd with cold obedience, offering to touch his cheek to all but Deimos. "Good to see you again," he murmured to Mortuus and Frost Fyre; "My lord," he spoke with deference to Deimos; "Rexanna... I..." a pause. "...I look forward to meeting our child," he spoke in a whisper that only she could hear. He nudged his returning companion, let Rakt follow him dutifully. By the time he made his way over to the corporal, Johnny's cheerful voice called out and ordered them to work.

"Ki'irha?" he said with a nod to the cave-in, "care to give me a hand?" His tail curled in a beckoning manner and he walked closer to her, brushing his side against hers.

And then, when he was closer and could whisper--when he was shoving his side against boulders and kicking rubble from the shadow of the prison's old entrance--"We need to talk."

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

I mentioned... everyone. :x

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
I already know I'm going to hell
so at this points
it's go big or go home

Zandora was comfortable, her child was at ease and did not toss and turn, offering the vixen her much needed sleep. Although the thing growing inside her(which she still had yet to really realize) was content in the coldness of the Aurora Basin, Evara was not. The black leopard had grown slightly larger, as did her desire to explore. Evara was huddled against her bonded, she begged with those jade eyes that always stole Zandora's heart. Groaning, the arabian rose to her hooves, shaking off the freshly fallen snow that had collected on her back. Her companion bounded off to some mystery, excitement in her bonded's body bringing a small smile to Zandora's face. Only if life could be so easy as the black leopard perceived it.  

Following the small paw print trail, her bonded brought her to a gathering. A happy yowl was released from the cat, the jungle animal loving the fluffiness of the snow. She ran off to go play with, Oh shit, Ashamin's companions. It was too late before Zandora spoke through their bond, warning the creature not to mess with Ashamin's bonded, for Evara had already gotten to Lochan's side attempting to play with the black creature she had never seen before. Her eyes searched for blue, her purple orbs questioning his thoughts on this. Be gentle Evara. Zandora reminded her, not all were as strong as her.

Her attention turned to that of the rest of the horses here. She recognized a lot of faces, seeing the ever-viligant Sialia, the reaper, the shadow man and her recently befriended man of peppermint. It had been quite a while since she had seen Mortuus Nox, their meeting in the woods seemed like it was years ago. Her eyes slid over the rest of the unfamiliar faces, a mare of stars, patches, and golds. She could see the roundness of the gold's barrel, and seeing their common interests, the vixen neared the golden. "Who's the father? Congrats."  She asked kindly, how strange it was to be so kind, it almost felt artificial for the mare of shadows.

Zandora then listened to Johnny's spill deciding to let the first wave of workers enter the cave as she slid up close to the sugary boy after greeting the pregnant mare. Reaching out she nuzzled the man, her tongue sliding across his neck in greeting. She was surprised that he was actually sugar, but the sweetness was lovely. She felt particularly affectionate today, pregnancy to be the blame. "How have you been dear?" She asked, glancing at Evara before she turned her eyes to the crafter.

OCC: like pretty much everyone is in here, I tried to keep this as to the point as possible

Image Credits!
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
Frost Fyre
wonder, wonder what you might do
you can't simply hide our dream in the blue
Her gaze narrowed, brow furrowing at the horses who had gathered. There were some she new, and some she didn't. She nodded to those who addressed her, a simple gesture from the intricate maiden. The air held a certain twinge to it, indescribable, but almost palpable. The already perturbed girl was growing increasingly uneasy as she watched the exchanges between her herd mates.

She instinctively moved closer to Altair, her tail entwining around her hocks. Unsurprisingly, she found no one she could consider a friend here. She moved to her companion out of desperation, to soothe her nerves. The cerndyr was having a sensory overload, turning away from Rakt to look to a white tiger that had come upon the scene.

'So many,' he commented softly, eyes wide and round as he took in the new faces.

The maiden was relieved when the small, sugary stallion began to address them as a group, and gave her a purpose for being there. She let out a shaky breath, pleased to have a task to distract herself with. She slipped between the horses, moving closer to the prison, Altair bounding to her side.

The muddled mare suppressed a flicker of jealousy, of longing to be like the others, to have friends and a social life once again, as they did. Settling back into her new home was easy, settling into the social network was not. She wasn't making much of an effort to do so, but she felt jealous nonetheless.

She didn't want new friends, she wanted her old ones back.

The thoughts only grazed her mind for a moment before she turned her attention to the prison. She was hesitant and slow to approach it, but she understood the duty she had signed up for. She moved in unison with her companion, the pair taking the rubble and rocks the others had moved out of the prison to the side, composing a neat pile of debris to dispose of later. She would simply do as she was told, and help however she could, for her herd was still her herd, and she would forever be loyal to it.

image || table
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper
You can't take back the cards you've dealt on this 
long and lonely road to hell
the throne must be such a sad and lonely place

His pattern of behavior didn’t wane, fade, or break – he watched, waited, as a great quantity of their empire floated into the midst, proffering him with a deferential nod, a token of respect, a word or two, and not much else. Their attention seemed mostly beholden to the gilded Rexanna, who wafted in with a much wider physique than originally noted, and the mint-laden Johnny, leading the minstrel march. The Lord stood, taking it all in, amidst the piles of rubble and ruin, akin to one left entirely out of the loop, merely observing, scrutinizing, studying the arrays of outcomes and disasters – some drama stirred, lurking underneath with prophetic, looming looks passed from one individual to another, until ultimately they all blended together and he couldn’t discern much of anything past: Who’s the father? and You’re simply glowing. He might have even tilted his head a fragment to absorb the rising spectacle: a nature of theatrics completely unknown and foreign to him. His children had all been granted by Huyana, had been pieces of death and rain, had been wonderful bestowals and gifts he never thought he deserved; a devil’s most precious treasures. There’d never been a question or query in his mind about where they’d come from or where they belonged – they were part of the thundering showers and the heart of demise, pieces and particles of virtue and immorality. It was only the sting of losing Huyana pricking and barbing and puncturing him now, curling in unholy thorns and nettles amidst his chest – he mustered a brief nod to all of them, and muttered a quiet “Congratulations,” across his breath towards the Thief, before staring off into the abyss, looking for rainclouds.

He would’ve grown into an even more aloof, reclusive, reticent beast had Johnny not told them of their mission, and then threw himself entirely into the work. Labor wasn’t violence, wasn’t vehemence, wasn’t coated in ash and soot and blood and barbarity, but it was a diversion from desolation. Instead of carving carcasses, he could annihilate rocks, and the thought almost loosened a chuckle from his throat. The Lord maneuvered past Frost Fyre and several others, choosing a spot slightly away from the quiet, curling, murmuring femmes and the seemingly distracted participants, not wishing to undermine the goals by draining lives. Perhaps, in a way, he sculpted another isolation entirely, tending to the task at hand instead of mooring himself in the hymns and hums of herd life, too stained, too tarnished, too unknown and savage, too wild and sinister, to partake in their admirations or praise. He coiled his muscles and pulsed with fervent, iniquitous movement, rummaging past fallen stones and silent scorn, pushing against displaced boulders, tending to the larger chunks of rock and crag, hoping and ensuring his constituents could administer the smaller pebbles without too much trouble or exhaustion. The demon was all strength and brawn and tenacity, tending to the newfound duty with the same unrelenting fury he always possessed, strung again by silence and unattainable finality.

Photo and Table by Time
Photo taken at Hero's Square in Budapest, Hungary

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The star girl smiled at Johnny's compliment. She was not one to be flattered simply by compliments, but she appreciated the sentiment. Stepping away, she found it easy enough to find work in the crumbling prison. But before she was able to make it too far, he called out to her. He came close and whispered, words just for her. We need to talk.

Hornets exploded in her chest, with the soft nervous fluttering of butterflies, paired with the harsh sting of worry. She walked beside him, maneuvering easily past the rubble and debris that littered the floor. "There's a lot of work to be done," she said, kicking a stone away. It's clattering across the metal floor filled the silence better than her words did. "Hopefully Rexanna will choose some rubble smaller than she. The way she's grown, I'd assume she's not suited for any heavy lifting." She chuckled softly, despite the truth in her words. Frostfall was coming fast, and would provide plenty of problems for a foal-stricken mare. The thief needed all of her strength to make it to childbirth in these bitter conditions. No need to tempt fate further by cleaning a rundown jail.

He began his work diligently, and as he leaned against the first of many boulders, she couldn't help but notice the new definition of his muscles beneath his painted hide. His constant sparring seemed to be paying off. He could make a remarkable soldier with his dedication, and the weight against her chest seemed to call out for him. A weapon like the one she found in the lake belonged to a warrior with his desire and drive.

She slipped around the monstrous rock he was pushing, peeking around the side with a sparkle in her eye. She stepped out, tail coiling around a rear hoof. "Ashamin, before you speak, I have something for you." She nosed into the white around her neck, removed the hidden blade from the folds of her hood, and placed the bundle at his feet. The double-sided blade was wrapped with leaves and vines, encapsulated in a soft shell to prevent it from cutting into her scarf, and to give him the impression of opening a thoughtfully wrapped gift. She backed away, ears perked, still with anticipation. Would he love it? She hoped he would. She had considered keeping the blade for her own, but knew it wasn't meant for her. "I found it in the lake. Nearly drowned getting it, so you better appreciate it." She winked."Let me tell you, going for a midnight swim through the ice in the lake is not as refreshing as one would think."  Dangerous, perhaps, but certainly not refreshing.

"So," she sighed, a smile settling upon her lips, "What is it you'd like to talk about?"

Talk
OOC// Gifting Ashamin the following item. Jen is using an item pass. Blade is currently a pale blue, as it has not been stained yet by the blood.

[Item: Mriga | Offensive. A damascus steel haladie dipped in The Tiger God of the Rift's Blood with a leather handle and blades carved with the mriga constellation.]

some people have no idea
how beautiful
the darkness is.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I flicked my tail gently along the frozen earth until a new voice rang out from a creature joining the gathering. Blue eyes glanced over to spot Mortuus Nox coming in for a greeting. I smiled to him and reached toward him in return. I offered him a smile at his words with a small nod. “Thank you Nox.” I finished my sentence when another creature joined. This mare was blue and looked like the stars, my gaze danced across the mare that seemed to know my name but I couldn’t remember hers for the life of me. Had I seen her before? It was then that I remembered briefly meeting the Corporal in the first instance I had met Johnny. “It’s not unwarranted at all, thank you Ki’irha.” I smiled to the mare of the stars before returning my gaze to the candy striped stallion beside me. He told me to keep him company and I nodded, thanking the gods that I wouldn’t be forced to do a ton of manual labor. The child inside me was taking a lot of my energy, even if I wanted to help them.

Johnny stepped aside after speaking and I moved with him, trying my best to get my large body out of the way of those that could actually offer help. I watched in a silent wonder as everyone said hello to one another, spotting Ashamin as he approached me and whispered to me the smile I held on my lips reflected to my eyes, thankful that he didn’t seem too upset to see me here. “Me too, Ashamin.” I whispered in return before he stepped away to speak with the mare that had congratulated me. Then another creature joined the gathering who also appeared to be well rounded as I was. I nodded my head in a hello to her as she approached, bluntly asking who the father was. Blue eyes glanced over to Ashamin who seemed to be busy with his own merits. Flickering my eyes back to the black and purple mare, I smiled gently. “Ashamin is. Thank you, congratulations to you as well.” I spoke in a more quiet tone, unsure if Ashamin would want it announced in all its full glory to the herd.

Then another had spoken up their congratulations to me, the single person I had least expected anything from. Deimos. Eyes trailed to him, smiling to him ever so kindly. “Thank you, my Lord.” Words escaped before I heard the star mare speak again. I couldn’t help but to laugh to her, flicking my tail against the ground once again. “That’s the last thing we need. Though I do like to tackle challenges.” I admitted, a small play of a snort escaping with another laugh escaping my lips. As her and Ashamin went off and worked for their own things, I glanced around Johnny and I to notice a few little stones on the outskirts that looked as though they could be pushed out into a pile on the side of the prisons. “So how have you been, Johnny? I hope that creative mind of yours has some ideas for this little one.” I offered him a small wink, trying to make some small talk as I used my grayed hooves to gently push a few stones into a pile.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

Mentioned everyone xD
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

A hard, cold grunt forced through Ashamin's nostrils and clenched teeth as he threw himself against a rock and it slowly budged from where it had fallen. He thought vaguely about a better system, something to drag the rocks on, but Ki'irha's answer caught him off guard and he lost his train of though almost instantly.

Her eagerness surprised him--the gift, even more. Ashamin was surprised the mare was willing to give him the time of day, let alone a present. He stood shocked for a moment, letting the rock roll one more time on its own as he stood still. His two companions bounded around and in front of it; comically, Lochan's dark mists flooded at the boulder as if his magic could confuse and stun the rock. Rakt only let out a low bellow, a quiet and soft sound that accompanied the patient kicking of pebbles from the broken down cave to the clearing before it.

When at last the painted buck returned to himself, he blinked and nodded at Ki'irha dumbly. Obediently he lowered his nose to the oblong package, clearing away leaves from its blades and revealing the ancient haladie. The haruspex looked upon it in awe, tracing the familiar patterns of its carvings and waves. The steel of its blades like the rocks of his homeland, the stars carved upon it the ones he held dearest.

"Ki'irha..." he breathed, the name of the mare he cared for so deeply hot and complicated on his lips. "It's beautiful, you..." he paused, ears perked as she explained the details of obtaining the item. "...You definitely shouldn't have," Ashamin said hesitantly, nervously. He didn't deserve this kindness, this gesture. Last time he had seen her she had welcomed him to war, told him he practically deserved his injuries. And he had, after what he'd said to her. So why this?

"Thank you," he murmured before picking up the blade by its beautiful leather handle, turning his head this way and that, giving it one good sharpening scrape along the boulder and wishing he could test it out now on some stray, offending tree. What about a tree? Maybe a few of those, felled, could make his system a reality.

Before he got too into the daydream, though, Ki'irha reminded Ashamin that it was he who had spoken first--he who had invited her here. He looked nervously around, first catching eyes with Lochan and Rakt and then looking, in the distance, at Rexanna. Ashamin had intended to apologize and tell Ki'irha all about the night with the thief, figuring that he had already been in enough trouble and what more could that confession do, but with Ki'irha so forgiving now the thought of losing her favor again turned his stomach.

He dropped the haladie, watched it tumble to the ground and glint on the earth, and looked back at Ki'irha. What had he wanted to talk to her about, what had he wanted to say? Maybe apologize, maybe explain that he hadn't felt so cold to her, try to describe all the warmth within him that was made for her, but... "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for any hard feelings. After our spar, I... I got a little out of hand. Injuries, you know. Hard to think straight with them, even if they are fairly earned." Carefully, Ashamin tried to return her wink with a shaky gesture that he wasn't sure came off in earnest. He wasn't going to tell her he wanted her to come closer, and he wasn't going to tell her about Rexanna. Not now, not yet.

"And thanks for this, really," Ashamin said firmly as he gestured for Rakt to pick up the haladie for him so he could continue his work. "I'm glad everything's alright with us, this means a lot." It felt a little hollow, perhaps because the haruspex had more to say, but it was true enough for him to move deeper into the cave's wreckage and wrap his body around another boulder to push.

"Hey Johnny!" Ashamin called out, not giving Ki'irha time to say much more, to get into anything too deep here and in public, "we should rig up a system for heavy loads like these, with some logs and rope we could make much shorter work of this sort of thing."

Hollow words, but something.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

Post order appears to be a lie so???

@Johnny and @Ki'irha directly addressed.

Outcast
I wish there were more days like this. Sitting back, chatting, watching with delight as the pretty creatures of the Basin did hard labour. There really wasn’t anything like it. I was thrilled about the turn out - even Deimos showed up! He didn’t seem to be one for chatting, however, which was a shame because there is an utterly fascinating creature. Did he ever talk?  OH NO WAIT he said a word to Rexanna! And I was close enough to hear it! What a lovely singing voice Deimos must have.

I’m fully admitting that I’m getting distracted from the whole purpose of us being here, which is to remove rubble and clear out the prison, because there was just so much socializing to do! Ashamin voluntold Ki’irha to come help him out in the prison so that was taken care of for now and the rest of us could busy ourselves clearing away whatever they pulled out and getting it away from the entrance.

A shiver ran down my spin as the unmistakable sensation of someone licking me ran across my skin and I look over to see the gorgeous Zandora - my green eyes lighting up at her presence. “Better now that you’re here, my dear! How nice of you to come help us out.” The sweet, spotted mare I didn’t know the name of moved off to the side like Deimos to do what she could to move things around. With all of this help, we’ll get things done in no time!

I move off with Rexanna to where there were some smaller things we could focus on, and I fully intend on moving the larger of those that we had - I might be lazy but  she was pregnant and that sure trumped whatever I could come with up. “Oh of course! Maybe I’ll even weave in one of my hairs to give the little babe something to keep him happy while he’s losing his teeth!” I swear I was made for the job I had. How many other weavers out there could make that offer? Was it weird for me to say that? I mean it’s no weirder than the cloak Ki’irha was wearing that was made of discarded and stolen sheep hair.

Ah, but I was “working” and did not have as much time for socializing with my dear pregnant friend. Ashamin’s voice called from within the prison and I bounced over to see what he wanted. Lingering on the entrance I beamed delightedly at his suggestion. “What a marvellous idea! I’ll have to find something that would be good for rope. Just do what is manageable for now, bless your hearts. I don’t want to have to go tell Lena I tore everyone’s muscles getting help!” Sweet as the brown doctor had been when I had met her, I don’t think she would thank me for that.

I found my way back to Rexanna then, pushing some moderately sized stones out of the way from the entrance of the prison as I did. I would be tickled pink if I wasn't already pink at the show of support from my fellow Basonites. Who knew they were all so interested in getting our sex dungeon up and running!

come with me, honey
image credits

gah sorry it took so long for me to get this up. Another round and then that should be good!

@Deimos, @Rexanna, @Ashamin, @Ki'irha, @Frost Fyre, @Zandora, @Mortuus Nox <3
please tag in all posts