Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
I
L
I
O
S
Her sweet smile had sent his young heart fluttering, as it always did. The gathering was large, eager to take the egg from the large elephant, but he only had eyes and ears for her. Rex was beautiful, kind, and troubled. He smiled softly as the creature asked a question. The answer the golden splashed mare gave surprised and hurt him. Silently he stepped closer to the taller mare. How had she ever made it through all of the tragedies that had plagued her life? He hoped his touch might help to soothe her shaking and broken heart. He longed to talk to her about it, but now was not the time.

He gave his answer to the Elephant and glanced at Rex. He hadn't had a chance to tell her he was a father, and he wondered how it would affect their relationship. Sighing softly he waited for who would be given the egg. Once it had been handed to Brisa he smiled ruefully and dipped her head to the gentle white mare. She deserved the creature growing in the egg. He knew she had been through a lot as well. Turning to Rexanna he spoke softly, "Can we go off and talk?" He prayed she would follow him farther away from the dispersing group.

He strode proudly through the familiar flowers towards the stream he had played in as a boy. As the distance grew between the crowd and himself his horned head slowly lowered. It was as if he had a huge weight upon his shoulders. He was sure she would hate him, feel he had betrayed her somehow. Coming to a halt his muzzle mere inches from the spiky flowers he turned to her. "Rex, I'm sorry about your child." Silver eyes sought blue worry and understanding clouding his usual warm gaze. "You are so brave and strong." Falling silent he carefully lifted his block dome muzzle seeking, nervously, to touch her neck. Ilios had no idea what to say to ease the ache he was sure she still felt. Fear twisted it's icy fingers around his chest as he thought of his own child; dead.

Speech
Words;; 360
Tags/OOC;; Feels! @Rexanna
Image Credit
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I listened as the rest of the equines in the group spoke of their history and why they just so happened to want the egg, and when Ilios spoke next to me I turned my head to him. I head him say that he had become a father and I offered a small smile to him, hoping that the child was healthy so he wouldn't have to suffer a similar fate as I had. Blue eyes watched his facial features as he spoke to the Elephant. And as time went on, I watched as the elephant granted the egg to the gray mare that had arrived before I had. I dipped my head to the both of them as well and perked my ears to Ilios as he spoke to me. I nodded to him and followed him out toward the stream.

I watched his posture of how he seemed to be dejected, but whether or not he was upset at not getting the egg or something else, I was unsure. So I stayed silent, watching the feathered hybrid as he came to a stop and turned to me once again. "Rex, I'm sorry about your child. You are so brave and strong." I heard him say. I shook my head to the teal stallion and offered him another gentle smile. "Don't be sorry, Ilios. It wasn't your fault. It happened many years ago, I've learned to deal with it since then." I admitted to him, nodding my head in a matter of fact way.

I swished my tail gentle before my gaze caught the waters again, the heat of Tallsun burning bright in the day. I glanced to Ilios briefly before stepping toward the edge of the water and extending my neck for a drink. I turned my head back to him, golden chains sliding across my pale face with a fluidity that resembled my grace. "Congratulations on your child. Is it a boy or a girl?" I questioned softly, turning to face him fully, head lifted up with a small excitement in my breast. "Who is the mother? What does it look like? I'm happy for you, my friend." My voice rang out to him like chimes on the wind, the feeling of excitement unable to leave my body with all the questions I had asked him, curious just as who tamed the stallion's heart.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Ilios
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
As the strode away from the gathering his heart beat harder. He was sure she would be mad, sure she would yell or send him away. She had followed him and even offered a smile when he had spoke. 'Maybe she would be as mad as I thought she would be.' He allowed a small flicker of hope to ignite as he halted near the stream. At his words she merely shook her beautiful head, humble as always. Her smile was sweet and kind as before her musical voice slowly soothed his heart. Unable to help himself the stallion reached for her again trying to pass on the comfort she bestowed upon him. "You really are brave and strong, never forget or doubt that Rex." She was amazing, so kind and strong, everything he wished to have. yet she seemed unaware of his feelings for her.

As she strode towards the stream for a drink he watched her. Steeling himself the stallion was just about to explain his feelings when she turned. He was struck with just how graceful and stunning she was. His mouth was half open, the words almost on his lips when she asked about his foal. His teeth clicked audible biting off the words before the tumbled out. This wasn't the time to tell her. His thoughts turned to Eden and guilt trickled through his mind. Swallowing hard the stallion's bass rolled forth, "It's a filly, her name is Maui. Thank you." As soon as he got the words out she was asking more questions in her memorizing vocals. "Her mother's name is Eden. You might know her, she lives int he Basin." He paused wondering if she did know the mare that had given life to his child. "Maui is beautiful." His voice turned wistful and loving as eh spoke of his daughter.

"Grey like her mother with streaks of glittering gold in her mane and tail. Her legs look like they have been dipped in the same bright gold in her hair. She has a little nub of a horn; grey like her body. Her eyes are bronze, with teal and gold flecks in them." His tone became wistful and full of pride, "She has ivy markings on her head, much like mine. It marks her as a Princess, which she is. It wraps around her tiny head and has a pretty little heart that seems to dangle from it, right behind her ear."  Ilios sighed suddenly longing to be with her, to watch her tiny body tottering around again. "Oh Rex, she is perfect and the best thing to ever happen to me." Determination tinted with a small amount of fear filled his gaze as he tried to meet her pretty gaze, "I know I'm young, but I'm going to be the best father I can be." He took a deep breath before reviling his secret to her, "I plan to join the Basin until she is old enough to pick between our homes." He watched her proud at his decision, even if he was scared eh would never let her or anyone know.
Speech
Words;; 521
OOC/Tags;;  @Rexanna
Ilios
quote goes here it looks like this
/ image
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
Blue eyes scanned the ivy stag before me, remembering my feather he had gifted me as it sat displayed in my dual toned mane for everyone to see. I faded back to that day, the upset that had taken over me that day only to have joy brought back to me by the wonderful encounter of Ilios. The thought sparked a little light in my eye as I seemed to blatantly stare at him. His voice returned me back to the meadow, after Brisa had received the egg and everyone seemed to move on with their lives. Here we were, exchanging catch up like old ladies over tea. Things took an interesting turn however, as I nodded to respond to the strength he found in me. ‘If only I felt the same strength now.’ My grumbly thoughts met my mind before he moved on, talking about the child.

I smiled to him, wanting to know curiously everything about this baby. As he spoke her name, blue eyes shifted to catch his gaze. “That’s a beautiful name, Ilios. I must meet her one day.” I offered him a playful wink with the same smile placed on my lips. Ears twitching to listen as the birds sung around us and he continued. He said the mare’s name was Eden and my ears pointed straight at him with almost a shocked look. “Eden?! That’s wonderful.” I exclaimed, shifting my weight before expressing a small laugh. “You should know that I’m the one who brought her to the Basin with me.” I offered him another small wink. “She was a very timid mare when I met her. I assured her she could find a home and life in the Basin. I’m both happy and proud to know that you’re the one that’s given her a family.” I spoke gently, the excitement billowing up in my face like a light even more so now.

Extending my neck out to him, I wished to reach his muzzle gently with my pale one. A gentle moment of innocent intimacy to show him that I was full of eternal happiness for him. “She sounds absolutely beautiful. Don’t worry about being too young, dear. I was only two and a half, I think it was, when I had my child. As long as you have the maturity to back it up, age is just a number. As it should be. I hope to be just as playful when I’m old as I am now. I think that’s everyone’s goal. And if it isn’t, then they don’t know what they’re missing.” I laughed to him, enlightening my experience with the child I had just spoken so sadly about. If you couldn’t make happiness from a sad situation, I felt as though there was no future to be seen. You needed to move on with your life, take your sadness and turn it into something productive. Which as time went on, I realized I did more and more. I returned my head to its previous place and watched him contently.

You’re coming to the Basin? Perhaps we’ll be neighbors. I demand you come and visit instead of us just coming across each other coincidentally.” I grinned to him, tossing my head to him almost as if to act as though I was a selfish creature. Deep down, I was, but he didn’t need to know that. Ears perked to him in the curiosity of his reaction to how well I knew Eden. I was excited to see this child, excited to see Ilios become a father. It was a life altering experience and I hoped that deep down he was prepared for it.

"Talk."
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Ilios
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!