the Rift

[OPEN] I'll Never Break Your Heart

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
EXPLORING!

Good gravy boats I do not get to do this nearly as often as I’d like. I stick around the Basin for the better part of the year - not wanting to risk the warmer weather of the southern lands - but sometimes I get bored of seeing other unicorns. You know, we look rather silly all up there with no diversity. Luckily my herd mates are all stunning pieces of ass so it really makes up for the fact that they’ve got a bit of a stick up their bum about who they invite into the herd.

Or maybe they don’t care at all, maybe it’s just a coincidence that there isn’t a single creature up there without a horn. What do I know, no one tells me anything.

EITHER WAY it’s good to get out for a bit anyway. Stretch the old sugar legs and see if I can make some new friends. I pack up absolutely nothing because I have no possessions and leave the Basin in the early hours of the day. Seeing as how this is only the… third or so time I’ve left that place in the past year I gotta say I have no idea where I’m going. And it doesn’t really matter because I am definitely not working with any sort of plan. Where’s the fun in that?

There’s some vague notion that I should be looking for plants that are seeding and might be useful for crafting with but frankly I’m too busy sightseeing.

Next thing I know it’s early afternoon, a chilly cloudy autumn day, and I stumble across this delightful meadow. There are oaks dappling it that are bright with orange and red foliage, just a little hint of brown around the lower branches. Autumn doesn’t really happen in the Basin - the trees are the prickly needle type that stay green and all the little plants get covered in snow practically as soon as summer ends. But this! Oh! Isn’t this just beautiful. Some of these leaves are almost so bright that they match my mane and tail and I linger underneath one such oak - looking up and wondering if I could reach the pretty leaves. They would make a nice present for some of my lady friends back in the Basin, or (even better) they would make a beautiful crown for myself.

King Johnny, Lord of Autumn.

Has quite the poetic ring to it, doesn’t it?

come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

for @Alune and any!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira

I had stuck to the shadows for the majority of my time in Helovia, taking in the sites and enjoying my freedom without any sort of responsibilities tying me down. It was a shame that I had not run across any of the studs that had first tried to recruit me to their herds, or even the pretty mare or two that tried to lure me into their homes. I was becoming restless to meet others, my hormones raging on fire from bumping into the occasional stallion that oozed testosterone. A pretty girl was fine and all, but my curiosity was clawing me from the inside out every time someone tall, dark and handsome brushed by me. Hot damn, I needed to get laid. I was tired of working up a sweat without any sort of release...But so far today didn't seem like it was going to be any different.

As I wandered aimlessly into a meadow that I had never seen before, a strange smell caught my attention. It was sweet enough to make my mouth water, but nearly vanished whenever the winds left me. Scanning the meadow with emerald eyes, I couldn't see any sort of food that would make such as sweet smell. The thistles couldn't be creating it, not when it faded when the winds dropped. When another breeze carried the scent to me, I immediately began to follow it out of curisoity. Eventually, I was lead to find a rather small unicorn. As I stepped closer, the smell was over-powering. Nothing but this mare, oops. Never mind, nothing but this stallion  stood near me and wafted out a delicious odor unlike anything I had ever smelled before. "Hey there, short stack! I greeted him with a small smile, trotting forward to introduce myself.

This was the first time in my young life that I had ever seen such a small stallion. Granted, I had only met my very first stallion only a couple weeks ago, but they were absolute giants by comparison.  This sugar-sweet boy was smaller than I was and frankly I thought if I just looked at him cross-eyed he would break. As I neared him, I realized that the smell was coming from him.  As my antlers leaned towards the right, my head tilted with a puzzled expression, I tried to understand exactly what I was seeing. Was I dreaming? Was this small stature of a stud my subconscious' representation of my own lack of satisfaction? Right there, a delicious metaphor for everything my body craved yet just shy of meeting expectations?  Realizing that I was staring at him, I straightened up and cleared my throat. My intentions were to introduce myself, yet my words just blurted through my lips without any sort of filter. "Are you...real? Don't take this weird, but sweet donkey donuts, do you ever smell good."

"Talk"

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
It is one thing to be clever and another to be wise

The meadow was one of the Seer's favorite spots outside of the Edge, the purple flowers complimented his velvet hide and the lush grasses between the prickled flowers were some of the most tender shoots. If you didn't minded the occasional thistle in the eye.
Titanic for moved with a grace that betrayed his mass, careful in his step to make sure none of the sapphires that called his braided pouch home slipped free. He'd gone to all the trouble of finding them, having braved his somewhat fear of slipping and going ass first into the heart caves and mentally scarring his young apprentice.

To lose them now would be incredibly embarrassing for the Stallion.

Alune was also out of the Edge this time for another purpose other than to pick thistles and eat the succulent shoots brought by the change of season. He was out to find someone capable of being able to weave cloth. He had a grand idea in mind, but he lacked the talent to craft such a cape he imagined.

A rich tapestry that rivaled the beauty of the night, with glittering blue accents that put galaxies and stars to shame. One that would sit proudly upon his back and tied around his neck, and woven through a glass pauldron in the shape of a mighty stags head.

Grand, but it required two horses. He could however, craft the pauldron that would sit upon the textile masterpiece.

His thoughts are pulled from his idea, to the smell of peppermint richly in the air and it filled his nostrils. The lunar sentinel paused in his stride to look at where it could be coming from. Using his nose as a pointer, he strode on, curiously fixed on the source of the smell. The thistles and high grass eventually revealed the source of the freshness in the air.

A petite Unicorn and another, deer painted mare. However, the mare, beautiful and unique as she was, paled in comparison to the candy coated unicorn. Alune had seen many weird and wonderful creations and creatures in his years, but never had he seen a man fully made of peppermint candy.

"I agree with the young lady here," He rumbled in greeting as he stopped short of the pair "you smell divine, I must ask, do you taste as good as you look?" The Seer couldn't help himself, a bemused smirk appeared on his pale muzzle with his words.

He was indeed, the physical manifestation of everything sugary and sinfully delicious that a horse could ever want. But was the proof in the pudding? Was it just some magical perfume that he spritzed on his unique form? or if one was to bite into the frosted white booty of seemingly pure sugary deliciousness would they be met with disappointment? Or unimaginable joy that this was indeed a small sugar pony, would the angels burst into song as the frosty sugar melted on your tongue?

Realizing his thoughts had taken a rather dark turn (no matter how sweet the topic was in front of him), after all, he was now entertaining the thought of taking a bite out of this pint sized stud.

Peppermint candy cannibalism in the mid-morning, how quaint.

"I'm Alune." He greeted, giving the thoughts a swift kick to the side.
______________________________________________________________________________________

@Johnny @Eira
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Outcast
My attention is drawn away from the leaves by the approach of someone, which is perfect because although I’m very good at entertaining myself I would much rather have my time spent with someone else.

Despite the fact that she clearly confused me with some pancakes (‘short stack’ - she wasn’t even that much taller than me!) I instantly take a liking to this girl because she asked if I was real. Sometimes I ask that about myself, you know, because I’m just so scrum-diddly-umptious I wouldn’t be surprised if I found out one day that all this time I was the figment of someone’s imagination. It’s a totally fair question, the one this dear young lady asked, and certainly one that I would have asked too if I went all my life without having seen a candy unicorn before.

I like to feel like I’m doing true charity work, exposing Helovia to myself. What would their lives be without a visit from me? Certainly not as rich, I can tell you that.

I’m too busy basking in what I’ve perceived as a compliment that I’ve forgotten to answer when we’re joined by a gorgeous stallion - dropped right out of the night sky he did. I’m enchanted by this pair - the pretty young mare with her spots and her antlers - and the blue and white stallion that had just joined them. It doesn’t even bother me that they’re unicorns, which I see every day back in the Basin. I beam up at them, luckily the mare is a little closer to my size, and I can’t help but outright chuckle at the stallion’s question.

Oh man he has no idea how good I taste. “Indeed I do. You’re both welcome to take a nibble - of my mane or tail. It's peppermint.” I flicked those delicious strands, tempting them. It was probably the least intrusive spot that they could try if they wished - not a lot of people went for the mane. I guess it’s too close to my head? “Apparently my sides are quite delicious but I’m not looking to lose any weight.” Some, like that delightful Mauja, preferred licking to, oh I don’t know, saying hello.

Speaking of hello, now that I’ve offered them a nibble on my hair I guess I should state my name. “My name’s Johnny and it’s a pleasure to meet you both! I’m a crafter from the Basin.”
come with me, honey
image credits

@Eira
@Alune

<33
please tag in all posts

Eira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Eira

It wasn't long before we were joined by another unicorn stallion. His coat was the color of the midnight sky, highlighted with the northern lights and the very glow of the moon captured in his eyes. 'Well, helloooo there master of the night, wanna make some of my dreams come true?' The thought crossed my mind while a smirk kissed my lips, emerald eyes scanning the brute up and down with approval as he approached. As soon as he spoke, a single brow rose to see how the sugary stallion would respond. The both of them seemed like they would be an absolute riot to hang out with, especially when my sweet, sugar candyman offered up a nibble. For a moment, I hesitated at the usually morbid thought of eating another...Well, that kind of eating at least. The kind that actually involves digesting and shit...ANYWAYS, where was I?

Oh yes, Sir Peppermint Stick. (Which, by the way, made me wonder if all of him tasted sugary sweet? If you get my drift?) 'Dammit Eira, focus!' I was just able to jerk myself into attention long enough to catch their names, dipping my muzzle to each of the men before introducing myself. "The pleasure's all mine, name's Eira. And, don't mind if I do..." My sultry tone teased as I accepted the shorter stallion's offer, giving him a cheeky wink just before I stepped closer. Gently I brushed my muzzle against the powdery length of his neck before selecting a delicious strand of the peppermint swirl to nibble on. I was quite surprised to feel a thin layer of the powdered sugar dust my nose, thoroughly expecting the stallion to be joking with us. But, he spoke nothing but the truth as the mouth-watering and refreshing taste of peppermint ran over my tongue. "Indeed, you are quite yummy." The words chuckled out between licks of my lips, looking back to the blue stallion to see if he would dare to try the same.

I stepped back, letting the candyman have his space as I let my gaze drift to his horn. "I wonder, Johnny. Does your horn taste just as minty as your mane?" Was it an innuendo? Maybe, that would be up to him to decide. With a grin, I glanced back to the blue stallion for a moment before continuing on the conversation, trying to let the both of them have equal opportunity to speak. "I live life outside of the herds here, but though I was raised as a warrior. We didn't really have crafters, what kind of stuff do you craft? And what about you, Alune? What do you do?"

"Talk"

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Glimmer in the moonlight

They were quite the sight, weren't they? If any more decided to stumble upon or join in their little chance meeting. Each gathered as different as the last. Silvered eyes give Eira an appraising look as he nodded to her, she was definitely different with her chimera markings and spotted blanket, her very hide called for eyes to turn her way and be captivated by her difference. Enthralled by it even.

Johnny spoke and Alune's gaze returned to him as did his smirk, ah, he was aware of his peppermint prowess as Alune should of known and wasn't afraid to taunt it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Johnny, and you as well Eira." He returned warmly, though his eyes sparkled with a note of something else. Did he bite the peppermint bullet? would he reach his muzzle out to test the pint sized stag in his assurance that his mane was indeed the minty treat he promised? Eira seemed all to ready to take the challenge, and he watched her stride up to the smaller stallion and take a nibble. It seemed he was right, and so he took a grand step forward and aimed to take a small bite from strands near his withers. It is every ounce the explosion of wintry mint, peppered over with generous helpings of sugar enough to send a stag like himself into a sugared rush of euphoria. "Incredibly so." Alune concurred with Eira, long leonine tail reached around his frame to wipe the powder that had gathered on his nose, he gave the sugar frosted delight a wink as he did so.

His train of thought broke once more when Johnny cracked a joke about not wanting to lose weight, prompting a breathy laugh to snort from the much larger stallion. "So you shouldn't, my peppermint friend, you are perfectly fine the way you are."

The Seer returns to a quiet, amused posture when Eira responded that she lived life away from herds and it's the first time his jovial expression lessened. "Perhaps you would like to see the Edge sometime?" Alune offered, "Or perhaps the Basin that our friend here also hails from. It can be dangerous to wander alone." He too, is curious to hear what Johnny crafts, despite his words shared to Eira, maybe he could point him in the direction of one that could help him with his own craftable needs? or better yet, he himself could. Soon, the questions are turned on him and he straightened himself up. "I am the Edge's Seer, I commune with the Moon Goddess and oversee the others who follow her path." He responded brightly. "I was an Oracle to the Goddess of my homeland before I came here, I'm quite pleased that I am able to serve the Goddess here." He went  silent for a couple of moments and then added with a touch of humor. "Though right now, I'm not out on moon business, I'm out looking for someone to make me a cloak to go with the pauldron I would like to craft."

Only shadows go where we are

@Johnny @Eira
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Outcast
Oh yeah, I like these two. Sometimes I just offer up a nibble on my mane or tail as a joke because I get the BEST reactions - I mean, who does that? Who goes around offering a piece of themselves up for someone else to eat? I’m pretty sure that I’m the only one that can get away with it (well not including my brother who isn’t here… I think). Anyway, it was always fun when someone actually took me up on the ridiculous offer I put out there and look I found two that were willing. They were kind enough not to take too generous of a chunk and leave my mane in tatters, and I laugh with delight as I watch their reactions to the rush of sugary sweetness.

The laugh only grew louder - a hearty, short boom of a laugh at Eira’s bold question. “That it does, or so I’m told. But I’m not looking for it to get any shorter.” I finish with a wink, still chuckling. Whichever horn she asked after, the answer was the same! Am I dreaming? Because I’m pretty sure that this is exactly how a rather delightful dream of mine started out the other day. Only the stallion in place of Alune was a little shorter - gotta keep it an even playing field. But I’m not going to complain about my current company, not even for a second.

“Oh yes you’d be most welcome in the Basin! If you like the cold, it can get rather chilly up there. You’d both be welcome to visit even!” Well it’d be wonderful for Eira to have a home, herds certainly do offer some more protecting, but I’m not too worried about where she would prefer to set up shop - I’d delight in having them visit or live in my home, of course! I understand that the blizzard-prone mountains aren’t for everyone.

Alune, the dear, politely answered the questions asked about what he did and I’m delighted all over again. “There’s a Moon Goddess? How delightful! How is she doing?” What? I’ve seen and met angels and demons but I didn’t know that there were actual gods walking around too. Was that a Helovia thing? I vaguely recall that Ashamin had a job like that but I can’t even remember what the Basin’s god is called. The Snow God? God of Pointy Headed Horses? I bet s/he is gorgeous, considering the general attractiveness of the members of my herd.

There are a lot of questions that I want to ask and I hope that eventually I’ll get to ask them of this sinfully delightful stallion before me who looked as though he could be the god of the moon himself. But first! I had been asked things and you bet your gum drop buttons I’m going to answer them. “Well! I can make that cloak for you, Alune! Anything made out of fabric, you know. I’ve made a cloak for one of my fellow Basin members to help keep her warm and I’ve been practicing making a bag for myself so I can collect crafting materials from across Helovia!” I’m tickled pink by the thought of helping out my new friend here, and eager to show off in front of the pair of them. “Did you have something particular in mind?”

come with me, honey
image credits

@Eira & @Alune
please tag in all posts