the Rift

[OPEN] Break [Sikeax]

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage
I'm back again. It's like I've been absent from my herd for a long time and I can't seem to get back into the swing of things. I want to help them again and I want to learn and grow and make friends again but will that ever happen if I ever wake up from this sleep I'm putting myself into? 

It seems I've been drifting through days and sleeping the nights away as usual but there's something wrong with it. I'm eternally fleeing in my dreams, trapped inside something that holds me and over and over, there is a death of someone, someone I feel like I know very well, in my dreams. Dreams of death mean new beginnings. 
Maybe I was shedding my outer shell and becoming a person I want to be an always known. 
Maybe I am growing out of this wandering phase and into the life that I used to know. 

Currently I stand in the heart. It was a nice and heated place. It was a nice and warm day, not too hot or too cold. So I'd decided to make my way back to the home I once knew and took part in. It would be good for me to have a nice drink and meet someone -anyone- that could help me all the way out of this slump I've put myself into. Feeling a little deprived of the daily dose of energy I'd usually had, I decided it would be a nice little treat to have a short flight to the Throat.

So, I pick up my speed, ready to get a starting launch into the air, loping across the lands, my mane finally flying behind me again, eyes squinting against the light of the afternoon sun in my eyes, I spread my wings wide and let the air currents take me, flapping once or twice to keep myself steady. Wayne my little zebra baby flies beside me, flitting around and keeping up surprisingly well. My heart was racing, but it was the good kind. The kind that told you that you were alive and free and nothing bad would happen as long as you were up here. A large smile spreads over my maw, eyes bright and wild and ready for adventure. Ready for anything. 

But there was still one part of my mind left that was holding me back. It was the part that was still stuck with no one. I needed that physical contact and sight. I needed to know I wasn't just lost in the dream world forever. I needed that knowledge to be free. 

So when I land, I am not too far off from the oasis, spiraling down. I take my first sip of the water and smile that bright, but disconnected smile and think of the meetings I've attended, friends I've made and family I've found.

@Sikeax
"kiss me on the mouth and set me free..."
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ