the Rift

[PRIVATE] the dance

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu the Constrictor

Their fight had started when the sun was still high in the sky and it continued now even as it sank lower and lower toward the horizon. Neither she nor Archibald had seemed keen on stopping, neither one of them wanting to give up and admit defeat to the other. Ktulu needed to prove herself to the Czar, needed to prove that she was strong and that she was capable. She needed to feel him fight against her, needed to feel his body moving with her own as they danced a dance that only warriors knew the steps to. Her muscles screamed their protest as she continued to fight, sweat lathered her dark sides leaving her appearing as if she were more white than black. Her stubbornness was what pushed her and made her continue the fight against someone who was truly a match for her.

Blood dripped from her lip, whether or not it was from an injury she sustained or if she'd drawn blood from Archibald was lost on the mare. Her tactical mind had given way to the feral, primal desire to fight and win. She would continue until either Archibald told her to stop or until her body finally betrayed her and she could no longer move. As they continued, however, it was becoming far more obvious that her body would be the one to betray her and make her stop.

Ktulu growled and she lunged at Archibald again, her bloody teeth bared as she aimed a bite for his throat and her hooves at his legs. She had every intention of scraping her hooves down the front of his forelegs if he met her head on, which she was confident that he would. Archibald was no coward. He would not back down from her attacks, just as she would not back down from his own. Their fight, it seemed, would come down to whose  body would give out first or whose will was stronger.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald slammed against her, breathing heavily like he had just run through the thick, hot sands of the Endless Blue. His blackened coat was soaked, holding tight to his rippling muscles. Archibald's face lashed towards the woman's shoulder, his teeth intending to land several hard bites just under her withers. His body was screaming with the pain she had already caused him in this spat--and he suspected the same of her's--but still his face showed no grimace, no wince, no weakness. Archibald was void of emotion as he moved, a mountain above Ktulu.

Loretta had up and left. It did not take her long to be overwhelmed by her frustration, and she went to hunt. She whined at the grizzly bear before leaving his side, but he had not followed her. She wished he had, for she enjoyed his company. She liked it when they hunted together, for it made every head turn in the forest. Eyes full of confusion followed them. It amused her--to think a malamute and a bear could be friends just baffled the entire non-bonded world.

Archibald moved to crash against Ktulu again, his chest heaving a heavy grunt from his lips. Come on, Constrictor, come on! His mind urged her as his heart slammed against his chest, sweat dripping into his molten gold eyes. Steel clad hooves rolled forward, colliding with her hooves as he dove for his throat. The Dauntless continued to push forward, arching his body up and over. He intended to overwhelm her, to swallow her in his shadow.

FUCKING COME ON! He screamed again, a roarous neigh leaving his deep, burly chest.

table by tamme for use only by time | |art by her too

@Ktulu

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor

Teeth closed on the skin beneath her withers, once, twice, then a third time. Each bite sent a spark of pain through Ktulu's shoulder and into her gut. It lent to the excitement of the battle and made her blood feel as if it were electrified despite how tired her body was becoming. But those bites seemed like a desperate attempt at causing pain, a desperate attempt to bring their battle to an end, but Ktulu would not give up. She would keep fighting. She would keep throwing everything she had at Archibald until she had nothing left to give.

Eytan lingered, watching his bonded as she continued to throw herself at the mountain that paraded as a stallion. Loretta had gone off and he'd rumbled a farewell to her, but as the battle waged on he began to wish that he'd gone off with the malamute to hunt. He was growing weary of watching his bondmate throw herself so recklessly into battle. He heaved a sigh and he stood then turned and wandered off in the direction that Loretta had gone. Meanwhile Ktulu was completely unaware that her companion had left, leaving her and Archibald alone to continue to beat the hell out of one another.

Archibald pushed himself forward as she aimed a bite for his throat and her hooves at his forelegs. She knew as he met her head on that she would not come out of that attack unscathed. He was too tall and she was not built with the muscle she needed to overcome him. She was built more for speed and with that thought in mind she turned. His shadow loomed over her and for a split second she could feel panic building in her chest but she doused it just as quickly as it had reared its ugly head. "Move!" She mentally shouted at herself, but she was too slow to get out of the way completely. She could feel the weight of Archibald's chest as it collided with her haunches, his weight enough to keep her from trying to kick out at him.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Satisfaction filled his mind as Ktulu turned to flee. He could not see the panic in her eyes, but he assumed she felt it in her heart. Archibald was a hurricane of force and power, and he was bearing down on her full-force, once and for all. Archibald's pupils dilated in golden eyes, bloodlust overpowering him. His breathing was intense, his chest heaving as it collided with Ktulu's rump. White nostrils flared as a new scent entered his nostrils, driven toward him by the mare swinging her ass in his face.

The stallion grunted.

A different heat rolled over his body, igniting from his belly like a wildfire in a dry forest. The fire in his eyes turned from a desire of blood to a desire of something more carnal, more sweet and sticky. Archibald was panting now as he pushed his hind hooves into the moist dirt, trying to propel his body forward and upward slightly. His bulging, muscled neck arch as he moved to mount the mare, his face wrinkling some. Pale lips peeled away from stained teeth as he aimed, again, to bite at her withers. This time, though, Archibald also tried to lay several, stinging bites across her crest--bites she would not be able to feel pain from, but would be there nonetheless.

Visions of his blue-grey mate danced before his eyes, but the Dauntless shook his head.

Ktulu was not Circe. Ktulu was Ktulu. His friend, his comrade, his Champion.

Despite it, his primal desire for the Constrictor was as brutal as his desire for the Shadowmere.

It would be a lie to say that Archibald had never thought of fucking the black dun before. He had. He was a stallion, and even with Ktulu's harsh exterior of rough edges, she was a mare. She was beautiful and dark and seductive. She knew the weight of a stallion upon her. She knew the weight of once his size. Hototo was not born from immaculate conception as Murtagh had been. Archibald knew better than to think the sexual folly of stallions did not touch the gods. Three of the Gods were stallions. Each had a child.

table by tamme for use only by time | |art by her too

@Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor

Ktulu's ears were pinned against her skull as Archibald's weight crashed down on her. In the seconds before he had come down she'd braced her legs, unwilling to allow his weight to make her legs buckle and send her to the ground. She would not end this fight in the dirt with Archibald standing above her victorious. The dark mare expected the Czar to keep moving, to keep attacking her. She had counted on his weight shifting away from her just enough so she could could send her hooves flying at his face, but Ktulu had never been particularly lucky when it came to her fights with Archibald. He always did the unexpected and this time would prove to be no different.

She snorted, and her head turned so she could peer at the massive stallion over her shoulder as she felt his forelegs grasping at her hips. The stinging bites at her withers followed and Ktulu found herself instinctively shifting her weight to widen her stance so she could accept Archibald as  comfortably as possible. Somewhere beneath the desire that increased with each nip she knew that what they were doing wasn't totally right. She wasn't Circe. He wasn't Lakota. Despite that fact she still wanted him. She still wanted everything he had to offer her even if it was only for a few minutes, even if he only saw Circe when he looked at her.

Ktulu remained silent as Archibald's weight slipped from her back and only when he finally settled his bulk on the ground then she moved. She took one step, then another, and another, then she finally turned to face the stallion. What had just happened, though it had been thoroughly satisfying and not unwelcome, had not been her intent when she'd challenged him to a fight. The sole purpose had been to prove her prowess to him, but it had moved far beyond that. Together they had crossed a line that neither of them would be able to step back from.

"Who do you see when you look at me?" She caught herself asking and she hoped that he would not say Circe when he answered her.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

The stallion removed himself, sliding off of Ktulu's back, front hooves hitting the ground with a thud and a small tremor to the ground from his magic. The stallion grunted and moved his body, aching and bloodied and bruised but somehow still on fire and invigorated, to look at Ktulu's face fully. The fireflies danced around her as the night approached them, the coolness biting at the stallion's underbelly. His golden eyes were warm, but swimming with some cold darkness, reflecting no emotion and yet still a well of feeling. Archibald's white forehead wrinkled as his brows knit together, lips pursing as he watched the mare in silence, several minutes passing between them after her question passed his dark ears.

What did he see when he looked at her? He did not know how to answer the question at first because in this moment of brutality and lust, so much had changed between them. Once, Ktulu and Archibald had been indifferent to each other. After he joined the ranks of the Grey and lead her army they had become friends. The years that followed had twisted the two together into some semblance of family. He was once her General, she now was his Champion. They had danced around each other in rank--leading, following, leading, following. Archibald had seen her darkest sides, pulling her to the ground as a bear with stone bones to keep her from killing Fiore and Note. He had seen her softest sides, glancing her way on his patrols as she nestled her foals into her sides and groomed them as they nursed. He knew the force and fire of her ire and he knew the depth and brevity of her compassion.

This was all fucked up, he realized now as he stood there, staring at her in some statuesque fashion with eyes like frozen fire narrowed slightly before her.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, Archibald sighed and looked beyond her, to the stars that dotted between the thick canopy of trees above them. "I see Ktulu the Constrictor. I see a warrior, a dancer, a mother, a leader, a fighter. At times I see a foolishly stubborn vixen. At times I see a carefully woven tapestry, each thread as wonderful as the next no matter how broken, pulled, worn. All of it glorious. I don't know what you are, but I know who you are and have been and how that has made you see the world differently." He stopped, letting his words sink in. He straightened his shoulders some, bracing for impact. He knew Ktulu could take his words two ways, and one of them would be him feeling that ire through the strike of her hooves again.

Golden eyes moved down slowly from the stars, closing for a moment before finally resting on her raging crimson pools. "And what you of me?"

table by tamme for use only by time | | art by her too

@Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor

He stood for the longest time staring at her and it made Ktulu frown, it made her wonder if he really did see Circe and if he was trying to rid himself of that image. The words were on her lips "I'm not Circe. I will never be Circe." but before she could voice them he spoke and she listened. He called her a warrior, a dancer, a mother, a leader she she thought back to when she'd ruled over the Foothills. She thought of Archibald being her general, she remembered asking his opinions and his advice because she irrevocably trusted him and valued his opinion.

A smile flitted across her face as he called her stubborn and if he were not watching her he would miss it altogether. No matter how stubborn she'd been and could be he'd always been more stubborn. They'd butted heads before, had disagreements, but Archibald had always stood firm (as had she) and she respected him for that. As he spoke she looked back on the history that they shared and she wondered how there had ever been a time when she hadn't trusted him, valued his opinion, or loved him. She wondered how she could ever let herself be swept away in romance with a man who had not wanted to be by her side when Archibald had always been there. She would be lying if she said that Circe hadn't found a good man or that she hadn't envied the Shadowmere and the strength of her and Archibald's love.

Archibald stopped and silence hung between the two of them for several seconds before he repeated her question back to her. What did she see when she looked at him? It was hard because she saw so much and she felt so much. Could she be honest or would things between them change even more than they had in the past few minutes?

"I see," She began and she paused for a moment, unsure of herself for the fist time in years. "I see you. I see a grieving lover, a father. I see a leader, a warrior, someone I can trust with my life and the life of my children. When I look at you I see my best friend. Someone who is strong and loyal, intelligent, and deserving of so much more than what life has to offer." That was the easiest for her to say because she didn't have to open her heart up to him to tell him that. It was everything else that she wanted to say that would lead to her bearing her heart and soul to him in ways that she was unaccustomed to. "Sometimes ... sometimes I see a man that could have fathered my children if circumstances had been different. I see someone that I love." She was quiet then, and stood watching Archibald's face as he soaked in everything that she had said and she wondered if being honest would end up hurting her.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

When the Dauntless uttered his question, he expected the Constrictor to describe him by his savagery, his rage, his brutality. He expected her to set him on some lofty pedestal as the warlord he was, bloodied and bruised and cold. He expected to be compared to Midas, to Lakota...to the Earth God. His expectations were shattered when the black dun opened her mouth, however.

She spoke of his heartbreak, of the fatherhood he failed at, and yet still of his brutality. She did not condemn him. She was not Circe standing before him, he would never be able to compare any woman to the shadowmere, for she loved him and bore his children. She raised them and gave her life for them. What would she think of him, standing here in front of Ktulu, her friend, after beating and bedding her? Archibald scowled some at the thoughts, ignorant on whether such an expression would break Ktulu. The red-tipped mare went on to speak of the cards dealt to him, and he remembered her there on the Sky Island with him, screaming her torment and brokenness and rage. They had lost the loves of their lives together--lover and child. Golden eyes moved to look at her hooves, he could not bare to look in her crimson jewels as she spoke to him.

However, it did not last long. He quickly moved his head to look up at her, some semblance of astonishment on his face. Had she just...had she truly just uttered those words? Surprise laced his entire being and his muscles slumped, relaxed and perplexed. How could she love him? He thought of her children--Hototo he never could have sired, he was meant for the earth and the earth alone. Ranjiri could be his, though wingless, but she would hold the raging beauty she does now still. Murtagh, he would have been larger and stronger, built more like Archibald's sons. Pale brows knit together, thinking of his own children. Ktulu never would have been able to hold his sons--it had nearly killed Circe. Their darkness was too much. Macaria, could she have been of the Constrictor? She was kind like Ranjiri, and mild like Hototo. The Dauntless frowned again.

Could Callisto of lived from Ktulu's womb?

The Dauntless took a step forward, and then another. "Do not ever leave me." He spoke, a command as gentle as the spring wings yet as strong and stern as the northern mountains.

table by tamme for use only by time | | art by her too

@Ktulu

Ktulu the Constrictor

It took a lot for Ktulu to admit how she felt to anyone so the scowl that settled itself on Archibald's face as she spoke was more than just a little unnerving. She wanted to stop right there, sink back into the trees and disappear rather than continue on and say what was on her mind. That would have been easy, but Ktulu was not one to take the easy way out of any situation. She was the type to fight, and fight, and fight. So she pressed on, her heart thundering in her chest as Archibald's gaze went to the ground. It was that moment that she decided she just needed to say it. She needed to tell him what was on her mind and deal with whatever the outcome would be after, but no sooner had the words left her mouth she was wondering if she'd made a mistake.

What would he think? What would he say? If he hadn't compared her to Circe before he surely would now.

"I..." She began again, but words failed her because she would not apologize. What was done was done, there was no taking back what she'd said, no pretending that they hadn't crossed a line and continued to inch farther and farther away from it with each beat of their hearts. It was the stubbornness in her that made her hold Archibald's gaze even though she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her whole. She just wanted him to say something even if it was just to tell her to fuck off, but he wasn't saying a goddamned thing and it was making her anxious.

Her head lifted as Archibald stepped toward her, but he didn't give her time to wonder because he was telling her not to ever leave him. It was like the weight of the world had been lifted off of her and she could finally breathe freely. 'Do not ever leave me.' she repeated his words to herself and she forced herself to remain standing where she was. "Never." she promised and she reached her muzzle toward him because she just wanted needed to touch him again. Don't leave me either. Promise me.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay