the Rift

my reality cannot live up to my fantasy [EXT]

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
I'LL BE YOUR DAYDREAM, I'LL WEAR YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS
Get drunk on the good life, I'll take you to paradise

When she thought about it, much of what her mother had told her wasn't said explicitly. It wasn't necessarily you'll be queen, or you'll be king, but this careful and gradual buildup, this natural expectation of greatness from her children. There just wasn't any other choice: Nymeria knew she was better than everyone else. She knew she had to be, because she was born that way, and raised that way, and groomed to perfectly fit her mother's ideals. Even what she doubted about herself, or doubted about her mother—it had all been planned, or at least so she had theorized. The more she thought about it, the more sense it seemed to make.

It was all bothering her. Her brother. Her mother. Her dragon. Her brother's gold—she should be hatched by now, shouldn't she?

So she stepped out into the battlefield and waited for war and ruin and destruction, because in the end, that was all she really was, all she ever would or could be. Others were kind and loyal and friendly, and others cared—but she... she hated and festered and hungered, and didn't feel what she should feel, and didn't care like she should. Over time, she'd become calloused, cruel, beyond what she expected; and she hated that, and hated herself, more than rationally, more than what she could explain.

The sun rose up over the horizon in a flare of gold and white, turning the sky to rose pink and pale lavender. Her tail swished across her legs, and she closed her eyes. With a tight little exhale, she put her hindquarters to the sun so that she was cast in shadow, painted in dark and nightmarish oblivion.

Stop fighting the inevitable.
Was it that complicated? Was it that difficult?

Out she cried into the desolate flats—a welcome scream for challenge, echoed by her dragon flying overhead.

Please. Let someone—anyone—come here so that she might fucking destroy them.

image credits

Tag: @Amaris
Timeline: Extended, if that works.
Setting: Halcyon Flats at sunrise. Quiet day with no wind.
Word Count: 331
Damage Tracker: N/A

OOC Notes: Magic and companions allowed. You can have first attack if you want!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Of all the places to find oneself, surely the Flats would be a good land to start.

It wasn't land per say, but rather the thin layer of saline water that covered the lands, that made it a wonder to behold. Amaris stood in its midst all throughout the night, watching as the heavens moved across the sky, marvelling at the nebulae as they were reflected and mirrored across the surface of the flats. For a time there seemed to be two moons smiling at her, one from the heavens and one from the land, yet the longer she peered at the wondrous sight the more it seemed as if both moons were in the sky, and she was simply in the sky too, with them, a part of them -

Was this how mother felt about the Moon Goddess? Enthralled by her existence, in a constant state of wonder of her capabilities? Truth be told Amaris felt that way about all of the deities of Helovia, though she had lived under the herds of two different (opposite?) ones for extended periods of her life. The dragonmare did not know how to devote herself to just one, to want to learn everything there was to learn about just one - she wanted to learn as much as she could about everything - and maybe that was why she was still lost.

Dawn happened with a scream, a cry, a challenge.

As twilight became purple and then orange and pink, the dragonmare heard the call. It echoed across the land-water, dancing upon the little ripples that grew outwards from her slender legs. Amaris turned her crown towards it, saw the one who called, with her dark dragon echoing the call again above her. The dragonmare moved to approach her, not necessarily to answer the call - and yet she would not deny the mare her bloodshed if she pushed for it. Amaris had fought before, she had sparred with her Gladiator at the time, Ampere, and had come out victor (though she hardly felt that way at the time!).

So she approached this mare, not with a mind to fight her, but with a mind to help her, in whatever way was needed. Amaris paused her approach at several body-lengths away, peering at the mare with a tingle of recognition trickling through her - not for the mare herself, but perhaps a relative - Volterra? He had mentioned a sister - but she did not think of him now, she thought only of this skull-painted creature before her, a potential threat to her peaceful enjoyment of the lands - but surely even Amaris could admit that peace sometimes grew boring, and chaos reminded one how to live again.

Maybe she did understand the Gods more than she thought.

467/800 words
0/3 attack posts

No matter how I write her Amaris refuses to make first attack lol, so please feel free to attack her first!

Extended timeline & companions & magic are all allowed ;D
@Nymeria
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~