Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
trying out a new style with him |:

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

I may have left Janat and her tall mountain tops far behind me, but I guess it's true what they say. Old habits die hard. I am so accustomed to standing on the mountain tops away from any other life form that I still separate myself from everyone. I still stand high above the rest of the ground and look down as if my eyes can pierce through the thick fog that surrounds the mountain and see what there is below. Why do I still do this to myself? I don't know, but all my life I have been cast aside in favor of Shamsiel. For what reason? Because my coat is dark as night and speckled with blue? And for what reason was Shamsiel the golden child? Because his coat was pristine white, only interrupted by the silver on his legs and in his wings.

It is lunacy. I did not choose to be born dark. They say I am dark because I angered the gods, but what could I do to anger them while in the womb? Your guess is as good as mine is on that point. Whatever it is I've done I've apologized countless times. Even as a foal I begged for their forgiveness, pleaded with them to turn my coat as pale as my brother's so I would not be an outcast anymore, but they turned a blind eye. They all did, even my parents. My own brother only spoke to me when night fell and no one could see him there. What kind of brother is that? And yet he wonders why I distance myself from him.

Traitor.

The only one who ever took notice of me was Muriel and she is a pain in the ass. Very pretty, but still a pain. She always claims herself as my mate but I've had nothing of that sort to do with her. I suppose if speaking only a few words to a mare makes you their mate then i should never speak again.

All these thoughts roil in my head as I stand staring down at the fog, a familiar sight in an unfamiliar land.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Keahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[OOC: Sorry it took so long hon! Alas, not my best, so bear with me :/]

As dusk comes creeping slowly, Keahi is on the prowl again. Dark comes early these days, much to the dismay of the onyx she wolf; in darkness, the cold engulfs the lands and spreads a thick layer of frost on everything. It makes her increasingly unsettled, as she tries to desperately absorb the last warmth of the afternoon sun, seeking the heights to escape the fog that comes creeping upon the lands. Her dark hide is slightly moist from the mist as she ascends up toward the Heavenly Fields, and though her pelt has grown in length, her exotic heritage does not grant her much of a shelter toward the winter wind. It is quite unusual to find her this far north, and for a moment she halts in her tracks, dreaming herself far away from this cruel land of perpetual ice and snow, but in the end she just sighs and moves on.

A slight pout is on her face as she finally reaches the plateau above, and emerald eyes heavily framed by thick lashes are instantly diverted to the setting sun with longing in their depths. The sparse light reflects in the droplets on her hide, making her look like she is sparkling, slender legs halting for a moment to enjoy the view. Silken tresses are whirled around her slender form as the wind picks up, sending a chill through her that goes through bone and marrow. At last, her eyes begin to water and she must look away from the light; that is when she sees him. A lonesome dark shadow standing in the distance, gazing out over the horizon, much like she had only moments earlier. Except from the impressive two sets of onyx and blue wings that shoot up from his back, that is. He is unlike anything the black minx has seen before, and thus naturally awakens her curiosity. Suddenly, she changes, everything from her posture to the subtlest of nuances in the green depths of her eye. Delicate lobes are turned forward, and the pout is turned into a curl of a smile at the corner of her velveteen lips.

Then she moves, gracefully across the rocky landscape, as if her cloven hooves do not touch the ground. She walks with hips swaying in her characteristic way, mane falling delicately around her skinny nape, emerald eyes glistening softly under the black forelock that has fallen in her face. There is no hurry in her step; a serene nonchalance exudes from her as bone and muscle moves visibly under her fine, dark skin. He is tall, she notices, roughly the same height as Mauja. The thought of the frostking sends a surge of unresolved hate and lust through her like electricity, and she shoves it all away, knowing with a bitter smirk that the king has lost his throne and the authority that came with it.

The panther closes in on her chosen target slowly but surely, halting a few feet from him and turning her gaze in the same direction as he has his. Just then, a gust of wind blows the hair out of her face, and her eyes slowly turn to his, smoldering. “I always wondered what it is like to fly. Might be if I jump I’ll find out,” she speaks softly, her voice little more than a whisper as it is carried on the wind to caress the lobes to the steed. Eyes caress his body of black and indigo lightly. “You are not from here; such dreary lands couldn’t possibly foster a specimen such as yourself,” she speaks in her husky tone, no questions asked, just like she has of habit. His reaction to her demeanor will tell her so much more than any questionnaire ever could.

Credits

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

I don't notice her until her steps are too close for me to not, and there goes the comfort I was feeling with standing alone on the mountain top. It's another cruel joke the elders have played on me. As much as I long for company, and they know I do, I dislike having anyone near. I dislike speaking to them and I dislike being touched by them. More and more I realize that they knew what they were doing when they isolated me from everyone. How could such cruel creatures have the god's favor? Whatever I've done must have been horrible for them to be in good and for me to be outcasted.

She speaks and I only rotate an ear in her direction in response. I sigh when she mentions jumping off the mountain to feel like she were flying. Is that what she had come up here for? To jump? Was I supposed to stop her? I turn my head toward her and stare in silence for she is rather pretty. It is a natural beauty that she possesses, not the ornate beauty the mares of home hold. "The only thing you will feel is the fall." I say simply. "And the sudden stop." But I don't think she'd be feeling that for long.

My head swings back around and I look back over the edge. I probably wouldn't admit it if anyone asked, but there were times when I was younger that I'd thought about falling from the mountain tops and not trying to save myself. The hell I had been put through in the living world couldn't be much worse than the hell I would endure in the afterlife, could it? In the end the answer to that question kept me from taking my own life.

It could be worse. Everything got worse.

She speaks again, but this time of my origin. She is right in assuming that I am not from this land, but I don't understand why she calls it dreary. From what I have seen the land is not all that dreary. At times I might even call it beautiful. There is something about the tone of her voice that makes me look at her again. "No, I am not from here." I answer. My eyes travel over her slender frame and one of my ears tilt back, testament of my uncertainty. "You?"

Unregistered

It has never crossed her mind to actually take the jump. Now as she stands there, she cannot help but peer curiously out to see the drop – yet she is so far up and the darkness is swallowing up the landscape, so her emerald globes meet nothing but darkness. Keahi has never been suicidal, she likes herself too much, but the stranger wouldn’t know that. Her eyes play back to the large stag next to her, veiled still by the blowing of her mane in her face. “A swift way to go, I’m certain. But an awful messy one,” she speaks in a hushed voice, imagining the way someone might look after such treatment. Not a pleasant picture.

He is handsome. Her emerald gaze burns into his face, moving slowly across his jet black body and the impressive wings that he yields. She senses that he is not overjoyed to have her company, but then again, this onyx queen was never one to take a polite hint. This stallion does not carry himself like others she has encountered; there is something haunting about the look in his eyes. Her mind fleetingly crosses the thought of Mauja, and she smiles. The way he had approached her, confident and arrogant, had not only received a much different response from her, but had also been punished for his hubris. With this one, she knows that the approach must be different.

Keahi has always had a knack for the dramatic with the approach that more is more. She does not hate Helovia, or else there would be no reason for her to be here, but she does not regret her choice of words. Every winter paints the land with dread, as she watches with despair at the failing sun, longing for when it might return. She chuckled softly, like soft chiming bells, when he returns the question to her. She does love being right.

Stepping away from the edge, she moves like a large cat as she slithers around his back to his other side. “You are right, indeed I am not,” she says quietly. “Such a grave look in those blue eyes. Not a big talker, it would seem. A shame, I would love to learn more,” she adds, lowering her bearded muzzle to the ground for a moment to nip at the shrubbery. She is not hungry but feigns indifference, turning her eyes back to the horizon. “A name… Foreign, I’m sure. And flashy enough to match the décor,” she jests, referring to his extensive blue markings. Her own cloak is much simpler, albeit not plain. A cloven, slightly feathered hoof is rested on the tip, posture quite relaxed as she stands there, finding the company quite pleasant.

Credits

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

She speaks and saunters in a way that is both intriguing and seductive and I am confused. Is she doing it on purpose or is it something that comes naturally? No mare has ever paid me any mind save for Muriel and she is too ditsy and innocent to even think about being seductive. I must admit, however, that Muriel's innocence is endearing and alluring all its own. That, however, is something she must never find out if I ever wish to have a moment's peace or a full night of sleep, which is already hard enough to come by. I snort softly in agreement with this new mare's observation that falling from the mountain top would be a messy way to go. She was right, but I don't think the mess would linger long. With FrostFall sinking its claws into every living creature and making food more and more scarce for predators, I think her bones would be picked clean before three days would pass.

My head is up as the mare slinks from one side of my body to the other and I wonder what it is she's planning, or what plan she's already put in motion. Call me paranoid, but all my life others have been plotting against me and trying to hurt me. Why should I stop being paranoid and watching out for myself just because I'm in a new land?

She speaks again, calling me out on not being a 'big talker', but I remain silent for her observation is correct. I see no need in telling her that she's right. I turn my head away and gaze back at the swirling mist and the greying clouds. It would begin to snow down below the mountain top soon. A childish part of me wanted to go down to see it. There had been precious few moments in my childhood where I had seen snow, let alone been able to play in it.

"A name… Foreign, I’m sure. And flashy enough to match the décor."

I am reminded of the mare beside me and I turn my head in her direction. "Leliel." I answer her, but don't return the request of her own name before looking back at the clouds. If she wants me to know her name then she'll tell me, but right now I'm itching to fly down and stand in the snow and watch as it falls.

Unregistered

The seduction within her movements is both intentional and natural at one time. It has become a part of her personality, part of who she is, so some place along the road, she began to identify with it. Strangely, his apparent lack of interest is what sparks hers; there is something more to this one, she senses, but she does not speak it. Innocence is not something she can bring to the table, for she knows exactly what she Is doing, and that is something that has a certain charm all on its own. Tilting her head a little to the side, slender lobes pick up his reply and the smile on her lips widens. “Leliel,” she breathes huskily, a flick of her tail releasing some of the tension that is building up within. “A pleasure.

Keahi doesn’t have a plan, she rarely does, and spontaneity is something that she values highly. Unlike Leliel, she does not fear that others are scheming against her; no one ever did that and got away with it successfully. Her eyes glisten momentarily as she moves her gaze to the horizon, the sun sinking below the horizon in just that moment, a soft sigh released from her lungs. He speaks nothing more than his name, and she is slightly disappointed but not discouraged. It is a challenge to socialize with anyone who would really rather be somewhere else, and she sees the longing in his eyes when he stands there, gazing out over the snowy clouds that have engulfed the land below. “You should fly down there. I’m sure it is beautiful, that is if you appreciate such things,” she mutters, not fully disguising the underlying ‘you really shouldn’t’ that her words are containing. Keahi feels nothing but disgust at the thought of the snow. Quite frankly, she is pleased to be up here where it can’t reach her.

She moves again, the thin layer of snow on the ground creaking as she steps closer to him, her breath forming small clouds of condensation as the wind gets chiller. For a moment, she realizes that his huge wings could easily bring her out of balance and shove her off of the edge, but she trusts that he is not like that. If he should want to do her harm, he wouldn’t be standing around, talking to her. Muzzle is moved to his shoulder, brushing against his black coat in the lightest of touches, feeling the warmth of his body under her nose. Charred lips nibble at the feathers on one of his wings playfully, a wry smile on her velvet maw. “So grave. I bet you are handsome when you smile, Leliel,” she murmurs softly, curious to see his reaction to her touch.

Credits

Hidden Account
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu

I don't like the way she says my name after I allow her to know it. Her voice is too husky, too seductive, too provocative. If I were a lesser stallion my desire would be growing because she is not an unattractive mare and she seems more than willing to let a stallion upon her back. If I were a lesser stallion, even if she didn't want me, I would take her and lay claim to her. I would plant my seed within her womb and watch as her sides would begin to swell under the weight of my foal.

She is lucky that I have morals and stick by them.

This mare tells me that I should fly down below the clouds to the land that rests under them, tells me that it is beautiful and insinuates that I don't appreciate beauty. I do want to fly down there, but years of staying above the clouds is still ingrained in my head. Years of isolation has left me unable to associate properly with anyone who wishes to speak with me. In the end I do not respond to her, nor do I even shift my wings as if even considering diving below the clouds.

I close my eyes and imagine what the snow laden valley looks like, but I don't think my imagination could even do it justice. I am shaken from my thoughts when the dark mare speaks yet again. My head shifts in her direction and I watch her closely, carefully considering her. What does she want? I can't help but feel that she is only playing a game. Only trying to be a seductress.

"Perhaps." I reply to her. "It has been a long time since I smiled." I don't know why I told her that. Maybe some secret part of me truly enjoys her company. She is not as brash as Muriel or as infuriating as my brother, Shamsiel. Really, she's not so bad.

Unregistered

The ebon vixen is completely aware of her effect on the opposite gender, no surprise. Often, she caves into her more carnal desires, but with age she had become exceedingly picky. Playing with the fire has always attracted her. However, in this case, it is turning out to be most dissatisfactory, as the large black steed keeps his same neutral face. A deep sigh is emitted across her velvet lips; was he a cause worth the time and effort? Emerald eyes sought him out once more, looking him over. He is everything she is usually attracted toward, her original reason for approaching, but his heavy mindset is setting extreme requirements to her non-existent patience.

”I can only imagine,” is her answer, slightly tired, yet she tries a smile. Truth be told, she thrives on the reaction, on getting some feedback from her subjects. His expressionless façade is turning off her persistent attempts quickly, and she does not usually stay around just to try to wrestle words out of someone. If he does not wish to keep up a conversation, it is difficult for her to do much about it really. “I could help you remember to smile again, if you’d let me. But so far, it seems my company is unwanted,” she speaks, withdrawing from his proximity. If he does want her near, she is certain that he will speak up.

With an undecipherable glance at the stallion, Keahi turns her boney figure around and begins walking, slowly but surely.

Credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Tearing across the landscape in the after moments of erupting from the depths of Helovia's Heart, the boggart that had plagued the fire gremlins and been burned by Fajira, had licked its wounds for the duration of frostfall. Secluded here in the Heavenly fields. Here where there were no flames, dragons or gremlins. Here where the setting was peaceful and promising.

Yet now the bitter season had passed and Loorien had turned once again. With the change the boggart crawled from its hole, patiently watching and waiting.

It found both of you.

Captivated by the droll pair of horses, the creature hovered closer and closer until - Keahi began to turn her back. The boggart pounced.

Sweeping in like a dark veil, felt like a shudder crawling along your spine rather than visibly seen, the creature manifested as Leliel's mother plummeting from the sky. Her scream shattered the placid atmosphere of the environment as the tumbling pegasus clattered to the ground at Leliel's feet, her wings grotesquely shaped.

[I tried to assume a fear for Leliel. If it is anyway incorrect or unlikely please let me know and I'll edit. I'd also love if either of you could suggest other fears, whether silly or serious :3]