the Rift

[PRIVATE] My heart continues to Beat [Rhoa]

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

It's easy to love. All you have to do is find someone or something that you are willing to put your heart and soul into and would die without. But it isn't easy to find that person.

I'd been thinking about this kind of thing lately. Love. Families. Why they stick together or fall apart. Reason for it. Just love in general, and it's come to me that I've never been in love. I've been in love with family and friends but never someone outside of those main two. Never have I yearned to feel someone's pelt against mine in utter motive to keep me and only me warm.  

I have never been in love.  

But it isn't something I want to ponder more, because its one of those things where you're happy when you wake up and at the beginning of the day you're all good and nothings going to bring you down until BAM. You think of that one something that makes you sad. Makes you cringe; or makes you mad. And you instantly let it put you in a bad mood. Even if you brush it off and keep going about your normal every day things, it will stay at the back of your mind until you acknowledge it again and at least try to fix it.  

That was what I was feeling now. I was feeling lonely and in need of someone to love. Whether it be friend or some sort of family. Wayne has been quiet and I can feel her pondering through the bond. For now I've been putting all my love to her. Well, as much as I could give her anyway. She was perfect for that kind of thing.  

Standing in the sand of my home, the Dragon's Throat, I feel a connection to a family that I have yet to meet all of the relatives in. My home made me happy. I would say home if I could but with my adventurous father to blame, I've be wandering.  

But now I stand still in the morning, a light fog hung over the dunes and it wasn't too hot or too cold. Just right. I did not speak a word, but closed my eyes and thought about love. For that was what had pulled be down into the slump I'd been in for so long. 

"blah blah blah."

@Odd
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

I think I have changed.

There is a rhythm - a pulsing vertigo in my life that consumes my every breath. But it isn't so painful as it once was. My family is ... different now.  Ivezho has returned, and yet he hasn't filled the void in my life that I surely thought he would. Life hasn't collapsed back into what was good and whole and right. It is merely another sort of different. Yet I am okay with it. My heart is still weary, heavy, and broken, but I am okay.

When was the last time I thought that?

I feel myself smiling - and it feels quite foreign - but I allow it. I move easily across the sands. My gaze doesn't quite connect with anything in the landscape; I am moving, but I am not looking. I just am, without thought or consequence. 

I am Rhoa, and I am just going for a walk.

The warm air billows around me, cradling me in its heat and sweaty embrace. I allow that too - for these winds supporting me from my earliest days. They are like an old friend, a memory that is still so vivid. I inhale deeply, and the salty tang in the air widens my smile.

Yes. This is home.

I am glad that I am back.

My gaze sweeps right, and there, nestled like a piece of art into the landscape is Spice. Immediatel my hooves remember the feeling of running across the sands to the Endless Blue - so that Spice could swim for the first time. I remember bringing her back here, and welcoming her to my Father and into the Throat. 

I remember everything, and it lightens my heart.

I don't call out to her, but I do move her direction. I have grown - I am fully a stallion now, all muscle and tight lines. I am not quite as wide and tough as my Father, Sohalia's lines have tempered his bulk nicely. My eyes focus upon her, and yet I am still silent. 

What need is there to shout?

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

Spice

I was a woman now. This I'd realized when I saw him. He was a grown stallion, and what was I? What did that make me? Grown as well? It sure didn't feel like it, but I wasn't complaining. Although I might not have noticed my face maturing and my mane growing and my my smile widening, I still grew. I still grew from the last time I'd saw him. Our last reunion. A smile flickers across my face as he walks ever-so-gracefully over the sands towards me. Just watching him it seems he's mastered the step.

Unlike I who have yet to even stay here for too many nights at a time. I am a true wanderer though still bound to a land of choice and of family. Rhoa was family and friend and I would never let him or my heard go.
When I realize things like this is when I smile and let myself go and just, be. It seemed my friend was doing the same. He'd appeared out of the mist like a beautiful young man, towards me and my troubles. He seemed like he was just fine. Nothing seemed to trouble him in the way he moved, his posture. I wondered what he saw in me.

What I showed through the body language I offered to him. "Rhoa" I whisper finally when we are face to face. "I've missed you so much..!" Throughout the words I speak my voice gets higher and more excited and more me. I would shake the slumping shoulders and neck. I would shake the frown and the sadness and I'd be happy or at least fine.

(would you like me to tag Odd or Rhoa?)

"blah blah blah."

@Odd
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ