[OPEN] Moment of Truth [Hatching]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Excitement had been growing for many weeks now anticipating the hatching of the little creature she would very soon get to meet for the first time. Activity had increased inside the crimson capsule to the point where even resting you could see the tiny vibrations as the critter tumbled and rolled around. Surely after so much time inside there couldn't be all that much room left to grow in there. Thinking back to when she had last been pregnant these were the days that she had hated the most. Waiting and feeling as if your insides would burst at any moment. Definitely not the highlight of the wondrous experience but then again she had had a rough time for most of those excruciating eleven long months. Twins could certainly take a lot out of you especially when they were so unexpected. Regardless of the pain and suffering they had put her thorough it was still the best thing she had ever done and would happily consider doing it all over again if she had the chance.

The sun had just begun rising up over the mountains when a distinct cracking drew the mare's blue eyes down to her precious bundle. At first she did not think too much, perhaps she had stepped on a stick or small stone or something like that. It wasn't until the sound persisted did she finally draw to a halt underneath a small grouping of trees to take a closer look. Pulling the harness from where it hung over her neck and gently setting it down before her, she found a couple small fissure cracks running up the side of the crimson shell. Panic bubbled below the surface as her initial worries were that she had accidently caused the cracking by jostling the precious bundle in her travels. Reaching out with her muzzle ever so gently she touched the egg only to feel restless motion from within. Releasing her breath in a relieved sigh excitement slowly replaced the fear as she realized that this going to be her companion's hatch day. Oh, but what did she need to do? Surely being at home was the ideal situation but it was too late for that now.

Pacing a step or two deep in thought she watched the egg protectively wishing she would have thought about what she should be doing earlier. Something soft... Yes! Skipping forward a couple steps the pale mare hunted for some long grasses that might work for a nest. Surely a nest would be soft enough for her little one she mused tediously grasping a mouthful and pulling it from the ground in one swift motion. After a couple short trips to gather the grasses she carefully nosed the pile into a makeshift nest before extracting the crimson orb from the harness and placing it gingerly into its nest. There, now all there was to do was wait...right?

By now the small fissure cracks had widened with tiny pieces starting to separate from the main shell. Barely able to contain her excitement she let her legs fold and her body sink down into the grass next to her little package, using her body as a blockade against the breeze. Curling her body the best she could around the egg she settled in to wait for the little creature to reveal itself.

"Talk."
notes; Anyone is welcome to join
tag;
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The morning was cherry, bright, scattering pastel hues across the sky. I awoke to dewy grasses and chilly air, my mane quite damp after spending the night at the Heavenly Fields. I did it often, more often that I wanted to admit. When I looked over the edge of the field, I could see part of the Falls below. It was my birthplace. Even though I was happy to be living in the Edge with my mother, a part of me missed the Falls and always would.

I exhaled a smokey haze, the soft cloud unperturbed by the chilly air. I laid there for a while, but I had my duties to attend to in the Edge. I began to reluctantly gather myself together to leave, but I heard rustling. It was large and rushed. I flicked an ear towards the noises, surprised to find another lingering in the fields at this time of day.

Pleased to have a reason to remain in the fields for a while longer, I rose from my resting spot. I vigorously shook the dew from my feathers and coat (my dagger was still wet, but I found no way to dry it properly) before slipping towards the sounds I had heard. I found a mare, smaller than myself, wrapped around something.

I was a bit confused.

I approached slowly, cautiously, peering at her curiously. My ears were pressed forward in interest, but my features were relaxed and hesitant. "What's that?" I asked softly, standing a few lengths from the alabaster mare. I figured I didn't need an introduction yet, so I left my name out. I was more interested in what was going on, anyways.
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

So caught up in her own little world it isn't until the feeling of eyes upon her did she turn her head to catch the young pegasus standing a little ways off. Flicking her ears back with uncertainty her first instinct was to chase the girl off but she stopped herself. Biting back on the flames that wished to consume her she carefully let them ease back until they one again smoldered deep within her. Observing the filly for a matter of moments she tried to figure out where she had come from. The salty tang that clung to her coat suggested that the girl was from the Edge, but other than that she had nothing more than the cream coloured coat, the split horn and the darkened wings to describe her.

Her gaze softened as she realized that the girl's attention was transfixed on her egg that still lay safely beside her. Not moving she motioned for the girl to advance should she wish before moving on to explain what it was that she was seeing. " It's an egg. Well more specifically it is my companion that will be coming into the world shortly." She replied with a soft smile as she gazed down at the widening cracks in the egg's surface. It was hard to imagine that something so wonderful could come out of an egg. Having brought her own sons into the world she sometimes wished that it couldn't just be as easy as laying an egg and they hatch from that. It sure would save a whole lot of pain and discomfort.

"My name is Brisa, who are you?" She asked curiously her eyes scanning over the hybrid once more before returning to her crimson egg.

"Talk."
notes;
tag; @Auriel
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I bit my lip in uncertainty, mirroring the anxiety of the older mare on the ground. We were hesitant about each other, her more than I, though I wasn't sure. Whatever she had with her I could only assume was valuable, enough so that it would cause her to act like this. I did my best to look harmless, relaxing and taking a step back from her.

Fortunately, the pale equine decided I wasn't a threat. At least, I think she did. She decided to play nice, which in my mind, was the same thing. I leaned closer then, pale gaze flicking back to the crimson smudge I saw against the verdant. It was then that I caught wind of her smell, of waterfalls and pine. My stomach dropped, and my gaze flicked to my hooves.

She smelled like the Falls.

She smelled like home.

It took all I had to keep myself from turning around and leaving. Staying here, so close to my home and with one of it's inhabitants, made me homesick. But I preserved, even if just to see what the equine was concealing. I stepped closer to her, peering over and seeing that the blot of crimson, was in fact, an egg.

I returned her smile, though my own was perhaps a bit more somber, maybe a little forced. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of her egg, of her herd. But I knew it wasn't fair to be like that, she probably worked hard for what she had. I would do the same, and maybe someday, I would have my family back. "It's so pretty..Do you have ideas for names?" I asked, tail swishing at my hocks to shake a bit of water droplets off.

I flicked an ear towards the mare, my smile becoming more relaxed when she introduced herself. "I'm Auriel, protector at the Edge," I stated with a huff of onyx smoke slipping around my lips. I let silence settle between us for a moment before deciding to lay down as well. I was still feeling the effects of the sleep I had been enjoying moments before. "Do you live in the Falls, by any chance?" I asked softly, my features soft and smoke sparse, shuffling my wings at my sides just to keep my mind off dwelling too much on my birthplace.

@Brisa
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Nature's great masterpiece : an elephant ; the only harmless great thing.
The last time he had been to the fields in the heavens, his mind had been steeped in sorrow of the losses of his past. Now, he was content with undercurrent of sadness in his soul. It was strange, to not have rage or despair lingering just beyond the forefront of his thoughts… Instead, ideas of leadership floated in the calm seas of his mind. Perhaps it was the calm before the storm… but, given that this ease of being was a rarity, he chose so simply enjoy his steep walk to the Field.

One reaching level ground, he found that he was not nearly as winded as his last expedition up the hill. The thought was satisfying— his recent sparring and condition was returning the stamina and mass to this already hulking body. Though his thick, black nostrils still flared and sweat still darkened his neck and haunches, turning the buckskin dark brown. Cobalt eyes scan the drying grasses, a cursory look of habit as he didn’t truly expect to see any others up here. The path up the hill was steep, even if the view was worth it—

His scanning eyes arrested on not one, but two other equines. Ears perk in recognition of both— one was the winged daughter of Elsa and the other was the lovely Brisa. His face clouds at their last encounter, with Whisper giving birth and bringing all their demons to haunt them. But curiosity quickly swept such shadows away— for both mares were surrounding some red, spherical object. Brisa was wrapped around it, while Auriel eyed it with the same curiosity that tickled himself.

Sweeping strides brought him at a brisk walk to them, perked ears catching the end of Brisa’s words while straining eyes see thin fissures in the orb (the egg?). How many strange things the Elephant did not know of Helovia (was he really fit to rule, then? Doubt, not for the first time, drifted through him). Though the bright curiosity was good for quelling such dark thoughts.

“Hello, Brisa. You look well,” his low voice rumbles softly, pleasantly to the beautifully silver mare, eyes warm in his small, lopsided smile. Turning towards the winged Protector of the herd, he dipped his horn slightly in greeting, “Auriel.”

His attention returned back to the egg, eyes alight with interest, “I did not know companions come from eggs. Do you know what it will be?” deep tones are intrigued as he bites off the multitude of questions that bubble in his large skull. (Where did you get the egg? Are they all like this?)
Tembovu
Credits

@Brisa

Please tag Tembovu.