the Rift

[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Was that… jingling? Yeah, she was pretty sure that she had heard jingling. Valiance only confirmed it as he took to the skies ahead of her and began to inspect the area that was nearby. Alas, it was that turtle creature once more. She recalled the image Valiance flashed her from previous years. Still, he was a welcome sign as she had started to turn a new leaf on life. She was trying to be stronger, and she had given up on waiting for Quilyan to return. She was praying Rue was alive, but had assumed she had flown the nest and was figuring out her own life for now.

For the time being, she had shed her shackles that she had placed on herself. She was finally beginning to move with more elegant grace in her step - rather than the burdened weight that caused her feet to drag just that little bit. Her eyes flickered across those which she recognized, Tembovu, Agnodice, Ciceron, Brisa, and many others. Still, she did not come in close to any of them (for the time being). She wanted to remind herself that she could stand alone - that she didn't need someone by her side to keep her strong enough to stand.

"And let there be peace on Earth, even if only for the moment." It was but a whisper - but a delicate one that almost sounded like a song. So as she stood there, she allowed herself to feel the calmness that was surrounding them. And, for the first time in a long time, the glitter which was shedding from her mane and tail was illuminating itself - a vibrant glow now radiating off of the snow, making the maroon glitter look innocent.

Merry Christmas Guys!

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Draevo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Draevo

Cream and smokey black wings carried the stallion swift across the Helovian sky, f ollowing the leagues of others that had departed from his new herdland, curious as to what had caused a semi-mass migration all of a sudden. Thick nostrils flared when the first flecks of snow began to fall, bright blues narrowed as they scanned the quickly whitening landscape below.
Magic he thought, nothing could change weather so violently and quick without it.
He continued to fly, eyes going between the pegasus' in the sky, and the land dwellers below. Draevo didn't like snow, he had only encountered it a handful of times in his life and each time it left him lack-luster in it's presence. Cold, wet and hindering, who could like it? Who'd want to like it.
Eventually the festive hymn reached his ears and they swiveled back and forth, trying to register what it was and whether he found it pleasant. Bells, snow, hymns and on the horizon he spied a great tree that swayed and bowed to the wind. It seemed everyone was going to the great tree, everyone was landing and coming to a stop.

Wings began to pull to his side to begin his own descent, he'd committed to seeing where everyone had gone, he was going to see it through. Even if it meant gritting his teeth through snow and sleet. The stag landed with a great thud on the white covered ground, unabashed as he swept and kicked up the mounds of white as he did so. Great wings stretched out and jostled as his robust frame shook itself, then folded against his skeleton marked sides.

Grunted snorts emitted from his chest, muted sounds of displeasure as he made his way through the snow to stand near those that smelt of the throat. Eventually, after being stood in the snow and in the presence of the others, he begrudgingly began to feel his steeled facade falter and thaw somewhat.

Small embers stoked in the depths of his chest, the bells and old turtle's hymns reached into his hardened resolve and his steel heart.

It was nice, he guessed. It was the first time he felt any kind of emotional warmth since the last time he had seen his family.

Which had been many cycles of the sun and moon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes;;

IMAGE CREDIT

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
The sun does not abandon the moon to darkness.

Leaving the borders of the Edge had been a risky decision on her part but curiosity had gotten the better of her when she had heard something about a turtle. She had watched as many others hurried to go see what was going on and she had just kinda followed along. Nervous of her surroundings the filly cautiously picked her way through the crowd trying to keep her head low and stay out of the way to avoid getting in trouble for leaving Elsa. Technically she didn't have to stay with her all the time but she felt safer when she was with her. Bicoloured optics scanned the group for anyone she might know, spotting the familiar giant of Tembovu standing near the pretty tree she made a beeline towards him. She didn't like being in new places where she did not know people and at least having one person was better than having no one.

Temby (what she calls Tembovu) was standing next to another strange looking stallion who bore weird red and white markings, he also smelled weird but strangely tasty. If she didn't know better she would have tried to lick him just to see if he did taste the way he smelled but she refrained instead choosing to stare at him curiously from around Temby. "Who are you?" She stated suddenly with a slight head tilt so that she could get a proper look at the coloured stallion from around Tembovu's massive body. While she awaited an answer from the strange dude she turned her head to look up at all the shiny things hanging from the branches of the tree. They were all so pretty but what did they mean? Why did this tree look so different? Why was there so many strangers here?

Gazing around in a total loss for words she finally spotted the turtle who was sitting just off to her side. At first she had passed him off for a rock or something but now that she was paying attention she could see that he was definitely not no rock. Reaching out with her muzzle she wanted to poke him to see what exactly he was but soon thought better of it choosing to reach up and try and tug on a few strands of Temby's mane to get his attention. "Temby? Temby what that?" She asked trying not to sound strange for asking.

WORDS: 404 || TAGGED: @Tembovu
Notes go here!

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Lothíriel Posts: 37
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hands :: 4 years of age HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Thingol :: Raven :: None krazie

Silver metal glitters in the likeness of little stars fixed in black velvet, leaving a dusting of white snow on the long blades of grass below. Soft song fills the crisp autumnal air, silencing the rhythmic rustle of her long strides moving through the dying thistle and verdure. Her breath comes in long warm draws, purling through the crisp autumnal air. High above, a white raven flies, his sharp red eyes surveying the vast meadow below. Through his eyes, Lothíriel sees a multitude of Helovia's denizens congregating around a tree made of ice; a merry laughing turtle sitting before a birch-made bridge. This piques her interest—why do they gather around the benevolent reptile? Is he a god? A prophet? The tip of her tail twitches with curiosity, and she moves off at a brisk trot, hurrying towards the source of marvel before something else happens.

Along the way, she registers the forms of others—the horned and hornless, the winged and those who bore both wings and those who were tigers (no, she wasn't going to think about that). She nearly passes her own brother, that handsome Machiavellian prince, but digs her hooves into the frosted grass before she does. A smile is tossed his way, cursory and familiar, before she draws beside him, opposite the pretty silver-tressed mare she identifies as Enna. "What's happening?" she whispers, watching the singing turtle with an expression vacillating between wonder and apprehension. On the fringes of the thickening congregation, Lothíriel spots the shadow that is her father, and the dark faces of her ears perk in his direction. Is he similarly captured by the events conspiring?
how the rose in your heart you hold
still all the water in your wells won't make it grow

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :DD

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
OH COME ALL YE FAITHFUL! JOYFUL AND TRIUMPANT!

The jingle of the bells were caught by Alanna first, but I heard them not long after. I turned to my best friend and grinned like a young colt again. "Race you." With that we were off. Together we raced in and out of the trees and over the hills of the Falls. I began to laugh as we moved, as it was more of a dance between my bonded and I. She would surge ahead, and then I would take the lead. This continued long after we had entered the meadow. The laughter and joy was clear in the air. It just felt, right. The only thing missing from me today was Cheveyo and Brendan. Hopefully either one or both would show up here soon.

As I arrived, I slipped among the crowd to stop next to Ciceron. "Hello Ciceron. Merry Christmas." I nodded to Brisa and Res and a few others that I happened to spot in the crowd. Of course, as a warrior my mind was also on making sure that everyone remained safe while we enjoyed this little bit of down time. Alanna left my side, weaving on through a few of the others to reach the center of the gathering. She bowed to the turtle, before slipping back to my side. "Merry Christmas Aaron, and here's to another year bonded to you." She looked up at me and grinned in her own way. Most would of thought it was fightening, but for me I knew otherwise. Merry Christmas Alanna. Maybe next year, we will be gathered here with our family.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

Tagging @Ciceron, @Brisa, and @Resplendence for mentions

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Brendan Posts: 31
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Two Years (Orangemoon Born) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Arwen :: Plain Hellhound :: Acid Emily

BRENDAN
OH COME YE, OH COME YE, TO BETHLEHEM

Okay, maybe I am a naughty boy. But I'm off from my Momma again. This time, i'm really not far. I'm merely wandering around the meadow when I hear the bells. I stop and listen, my ears twitching in curiosity. That's when I started seeing others. Strangers started coming though the meadow heading for something. So of course, I follow along. I bound along, that is until I hear it. Laughing. Not just any laugh, but a laugh that had to belong to a voice I know all to well. "DAD!" I squeal in delight before taking off after him.

We come to a crowd of others, and I lose Dad for a while. I can't see him or Alanna anymore. But finally, I hear him. I hear him greeting someone else. I push though the crowd, which is easier for me because I am so small. The moment I reach his side I speak again. "Dad." Without hesitation I shove my face against his shoulder just glad to see him. Alanna comes over and rubs against my legs as Dad turns to look at me with a smile. "What's going on Dad? Who's that?" It's funny how good I am becoming at speaking. I'm only a few months old, but I can already speak almost perfectly.... Well, almost.

"Talk"

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Now he had seen everything...
First had been the strange companions following around various equine species, now there was a fucking talking turtle! Stopping at the edge of the gathering the stallion tried to gather his wits on what other mutants seemed to be living in Helovia. Ok maybe the turtle hadn't exactly talked yet but seeing a giant turtle sitting in front of a decorated tree was definitely one of the strangest things he had ever laid eyes upon. Here he was just minding his own business when poof, a strangely decorated tree and the turtle. Since when did turtles live on land anyway? Was there some kinda strange phenomena happening here or was he really just starting to go crazy?

Circling around the little island the golden stallion was not sure what to make of the scene before him. Other Helovians seemed to be perfectly fine with the idea of a giant turtle and a giant decorated tree just happening to show up in the middle of a meadow, but him? No, he was still quite weirded out by the whole experience. It took a good hour or more for him to even want to cross over the bridge to join into the whole festive? holiday? whatever experience this was. Hey, if there was something going on he needed to be at the forefront of it to figure out what was going on. After the last gatherings of so many he did not exactly trust that this would not turn out to be another bloodbath like that last ones. For the most part he managed to keep his demeanor relatively neutral except maybe with the continuous stares of disbelief he kept shoot towards the tortoise. It hadn't spoken yet but there was always that possibility that something even more out of the ordinary might happen. Taking a place near the side of the attraction (aka the turtle) the golden warrior stood in wait for whatever might come from this rather odd experience.

•• TAGS:[br] •• NOTES: ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily

VITANI
COME AND BEHOLD HIM, BORN THE KING OF ANGELS!

No idea what is going on, but Sarabi claims she heard bells. So of course, off we go to find out whats going on. I see others from the Falls heading the same way, and get nervous that we are missing out on something. Follow those bells Sarabi! I exclaim though our bond. We pick up the pace, and race down over the hills and away from the Falls. I wonder what all the fuss is about. Sarabi's excitement builds as we get closer. She sees other hellhounds, as well as tons of others from all herds. Obviously something big is going on. Is it something big like the God battles? I hope we don't have to fight anything...

No fight. They saying, Christ-mas. What Christ-mas? I have no answer for her, as i've never had a Christmas either. I stay to the outside, as Sarabi goes in to see what everyone is gathered around. Big turtle, with bells. Everyone keeps telling him and others Merry Christ-mas... Ask what going on? I will, once we are home or the next time I am on patrol. She sighs, but stays up to the front to see what happens. We both I have to admit, are curious as to what all this is about.

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
<style> .shah b { color: #847D47; font-variant: small-caps; } .shah a { color: #4D522A; } .shah a { font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11px; font-family: 'Times'; text-shadow: 0 0; } .shah-credit a { color: rgba(255,255,255,.25); } .shah hr { height: 3px; background: #3A130E; } </style>
merry christmas from my problem child --

I strayed, through relentless bitterness and harsh terrain, I pushed and walked where I'd never walked before. I cried, my tears fell like raindrops upon the earth, enough to fill an ocean and more with the way I had belted my emotions. If a passing stranger and witness it, they probably would have hurried along and assumed I was some insane child their parent booted to the curb because of my emotional instability. And perhaps there was some truth in that, mama had been subtly pushing me farther and farther the older I got. She assumed now that I knew where to find food, that I just know where it was when I needed it, like I had some sixth (or fifth sense, because my sight...). I have no guide in this earth, Yseult cannot voice to me anything, I just pray I interpret her chirps and trills and coos in the right ways, I have no one to teach me what is safe to do and proper etiquette. Mama has given up hope on making me understand the world, she does not provide me with the knowledge that I so hungrily seek. 

So I walked away, I took my leave (only for a short while), and marched off. Maybe I wanted to find Aurelia, maybe Alala, perhaps I had no purpose at all but to escape the confines of my mother's misery. Whatever the case, I could only hope that I find something to ease my curiosity and need to learn, which began as a minor itch but has become an intense irritation in the back of my mind as my questions grow rapidly. I had to learn more about the earth I walked on, the dirt my hooves kissed with each step and the wind that furled my feathered tail and swept through my short tresses. 

I want to find answers, stories, I wanted to hear what these lands had to give and what its residents had done to earn trust and plentiful food from the beings that ruled over this world. Yseult has flown ahead, relying on my to follow her occasional call so that I may head in the right direction. I am not elegant or graceful with my steps, I still cannot carry myself with confidence or understanding of my own being, my legs are too long and my steps too uneven. My hooves catch on stone and roots, almost attracted to whatever will trip me up and make me stumble uneasily. I take another step, gasping because there's something odd about the ground beneath me, it has changed into something I have never encountered. It was powdery, a little cold, and it crunched beneath my hooves. Not like a rock or a bone, but something soft yet still solid. I put my other hoof into the material, furrowing my brows as I walk along, feeling my weight crush the stuff beneath me. Suddenly I take off, with the sound of jingling bells but a background melody to my playful bounding, leaps and kicks and for the first time, giggles. 

I stop when I crash into a tree, yelping at the stuff that falls from it and onto my back. I bolt, Yseult diving down when she takes notice of my panic and slowly growing anxieties. My eyes are wide with shock, the cold running up my spine and the sound of harmonious bells finally reaching my ears, catching my attention and curiosity. I let Yseult direct me to it, feeling her tug against my hair like reins until we pull up to a chattering mass, I can feel the heat of the bodies all clumped together. There's so many, I can feel the terrifying number and their eyes, searching the crowd and skimming over my useless body like I was shit on the ground. I hear the shrill voices of children and the greetings of adults, but I stay planted firmly where I am. I do not want to risk getting trampled. 
“talk talk talk.”
-- table by velvette --
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter, lost without his weapon, can not stand to show his face without her.

To the whole world that knows him, small as it may be, he has failed. She has died, and he has allowed it to happen. So Knox approaches in cautious silent, light hiding him from the eyes of any who would pry and muffling his sound.

There is something beautiful in the tree--something that Knox is missing. He draws so close to it that its smell is impossible to forget, that it fills his senses and clouds his mind. Without her, he feels at half his strength. He loses the field of vision she gave him, the sharp canine senses and the bond that strengthened his heart.

Perhaps it is the hardening of it that he has lost, perhaps it is his hearts open tenderness that brings tears to his eyes at the beautiful, spirit-filled sight. But no one could know or say, for no one could see the dark body as it wove through the world. He watched those he knew and those he didn't gather, watched the faint movements of the turtle and listened to the cheerful jingling.

It was a holiday marked by loss, but a moment of giving that Knox could not go without being thankful for. As water dripped down to his nostrils he bent close to the turtle, he whispered his thanks. His blue eyes brimmed, his bold heart shuddered, but at least he was surrounded by love and joy. Someday, maybe, he would feel it. Somehow, maybe, he would overcome this hurt.

But somehow, in the end, he still felt hollow.

Knox
ave mortuite salutat
</style>
Credit

Thank you admins! Happy holidays to all!

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I see my father wander away from me like a child. I think, perhaps, that he has forgotten that I am here at all. But I'm growing older, I'm learning myself and my ways around the world. I don't mind, I don't let his pain make me feel more.

Around us, the chatter of a crowd fills my senses as I struggled to take in all that is said. I am a listener, I have taken to considering myself this. I take a passive role, I watch. I do not nose my way through through the throng, I do not struggle to make my way to the front of the magical scene. It will be what it will be, I will see what I can.

Slowly, I make my way towards a colt that smells of home. He stands with another, a young bright filly with eyes like ice whose name I learn just moments after the colt has spoken it. I look at the colt with a smile--he's not much older than I am, not much bigger either. He's got an air of excitement that I've lost, but one that I'm willing to stand by and soak up.

I peek over his withers, cast a curious look at the older but smaller white filly and then the miracle of a sight before us all. Funny how many miracles my short time in this world has afforded me to experience. Funny, too, how much sadness. I think of my father, search for his scent, but know that he's made himself scarce. He wouldn't want to be seen at a time like this, just as I don't wish to be heard. We all have our own ways of dealing.

""

image credits

@Murtagh
@Erthë

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
HOW I AM ROLLING 
I have a list of prizes and I am refreshing the list for each player; the first item on the list is the prize you receive! Due to the volume of prizes, I can't really screenie each one, but I will put up a JM if you want to see me roll the items as I am going! I will link in the cbox and put one here. I'll start up the JM periodically until 3am. Don't go to the link if you want to be surprised! 
https://picarto.tv/Schwartze
(sidenote, I am not participating in this event)

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

AMANI
OH COME LET US ADORE HIM!

The bells caught my attention first, followed quickly by the flurry of moment of some of the residents of the Throat. I take to the skies, a whinny of joy escaping me. The bells, oh those blessed bells. They could only mean one thing and one thing only. The turtle was back! If he was back, then it meant that Christmas had arrived! Mother had long told me about the bells and about Christmas. She remembered both very well. I wonder, if now would be the chance to find my uncle. Would he be here too? After all, it had been because of him that my mother knew of the bells.

With this in mind, I raced for the bells. Today could be the day that I meet my family. That I find the last part of my living family. I squeal like a child. It seems like I cover the space between the Throat to the giving tree in no time at all. Many have already gathered, as I dive down. A few from my home stick out, but it is not them I greet. A painted frame, slightly larger than my mother had been. He matched what mother had always descibed him as... With a few more scars, and a child next to him. Could it be? What if I am wrong and it is a mare and not related to me at all? I have to try. I land as the back of the crowd, tucking my wings in tight. I move though, until I am near the painted frame. "Uncle Aaron?" I wait, almost holding my breath to see if he would turn around.

"speech"

Yep, totally was using my guys tables to sing a Christmas carol :P

Not to mention I just had Amani find Aaron! YAY FOR DRAMA!

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
darkness drains and the light will come again
She had come before, once, but once was enough to be able to recognize the signs and the sound. The soft jingling bells reminded her of that beautiful tree had seen years ago. Gingerly, she nudged Naerys to encourage the girl to follow her before setting off, senses alert and looking for the signs. She had been amazing the last time she had seen this spectacle and it was no less for her this year - a small gasp escaping her as her eyes too in the whole scene from a distance. The bells gently shaking snow over top of the autumn trees - changing the scene from one season to the next.

Ahead, the great turtle stood near a glistening tree, the most beautiful tree that Alysanne had ever seen.

She approached slowly, wanting to take it all in - wanting to savour the view and the peaceful feeling that washed over her at the site. The anger, fear, anxiety that had raged within her so easily lately was ebbing away with each step that the quiet mare took.

A warm smile was given to the turtle as she approached before green eyes scanned the group gathered. There were a few familiar faces but there was one, standing off on her own, who tugged at Alysanne’s heart. Hesitation stilled her movements at first but in the end, through the shallow dusting of snow, she moved to join Resplendence, coming to stand beside her with a couple feet of space between their bodies. She felt bold with the sensation of peace that was washing over her.

“Peace on earth.” Alysanne echoed the mare’s sentiments, looking over to her once-friend with a sad smile. Perhaps there would be peace this time.
a l y s a n n e

original table by Rottie | image by Blu | parchment

mentioned @Resplendence
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Here they were again. Outside of the Basin. This time it was by the dark stag’s insistence. As he trotted happily ahead of the gold his heart soared lighter. So dark had been the times of late, and the spar with the Haruspex so unnerving that the deer insisted they go out, if only for the shortest trek. Thoughts nagged him that he was giving in to something terrible, but oh he couldn’t have stayed. He pushed hose thoughts away, saying it was only for himself, not at all for the feelings of the gold. (You see he was still bitter about the gold’s reactions to him in that spat.) So he can trot happily and carefree ahead of gold.

Though the fold was not as dark and gray as usual either. He of course had been happy for an excuse to the leave the Basin. The battle with the Haruspex he did not exactly feel was his best moment, though he’d never admit it. To leave it all behind was a welcome thought, if only for a moment. So though he trailed behind, his step was lighter than usual and head swung around with easy.

Being in front it was Haldir who saw it first. He calls back in a buggle to the gold and dashes forward. That tree! He remembered that tree! Oh how little he had been, but the stag remembered that bright happy moment. His light limbs kick up the snow and dash forward. The gold sees the commotion and feeling the great rush of Haldir’s joy, and being free from his own prison from the moment, joins him in the dash. The two kicking up their heels come close and Haldir, most excited by this action of the gold stops and waits for him. The two walk closer together. The gold stops though on the outskirts, Haldir looks back miffed, but continues on till he comes right up to the tree.

OOC:: Haldir rushes forward but Thranduil hangs to the outside trying not to be noticed.
"Talk?"
we live like thieves
     kings among men

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
SHIDA

Now, normally I don't just ... you know, chase after the herd when they fuck off to do Gods know what - but today? Well, I was feeling particularly festive. So why not.

They hauled it, and I hauled it after. Or at least, hauled it as fast as I could while flying over Princess. Nevermind his sloppy tongue and mental whines to take a break. Listen. If you didn't want to run around all the time, maybe you should have been born with wings? Obviously he didn't really appreciate that answer, but hey, I was only kidding. I did fly fairly slow so that he could keep up. Your welcome.

At first, I thought all the hoopla was for nothing. There was just some random ass tree with bells on it. Colour me fucking amazed. But then I saw it

Or him

Or whatever

A giant turtle (also adorned with bells, but at this point, the monstrous shelled-thing took center stage. Who cares what outfit he was wearing?).

"So..." I mumbled to myself (and Princess) as I blatantly stared, slack jawed. Bitches around are mumbling shit about peace, and I really have no idea why. Is this some other rift God? Are we about to throw down? Do I need to be prepared?

I look around and see fire-balls just chillin' with his kids. He looks uber casual, but I don't think that's much of an indication of anything. Something tells me that he would be as chill at the beginning of a war, as he'd be taking a bath.

Licking my teeth, I look around, trying to see if there's any indication of just what in the dick is happening.

Coding by Tamme. Image here

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Days have certainly been better. Since her fight with Tembovu she’s avoided him and pretty much everything else. She still hadn’t gotten over her emotional breakdown that occurred mid fight, and she was embarrassed to reveal such a huge internal conflict. It made her seem weak, like she was incapable of doing anything to her utmost ability. The weakness could easily be controlled, and in the hands of those who were not exactly nice, it could absolutely destroy her.

But the sound of twinkling bells and cheer overcame her sadness for a moment. She cocked her head, as Edgar flapped eagerly. He had remembered this, just barely, but he immediately began repeating turtle over and over again. That was when Elsa realized he was talking about the Earth Turtle. He seemed nice, but other than that, she still wasn’t sure how to think about him.

She followed the noise only to see a highly decorated scene, as well as a number of horses. There were a few she recognized. Auriel was there, which was good. Erthe. Tembovu… she glanced his way for a moment, offering him a small nod in case he were to look. He seemed busy with another female, and a striped man. He didn’t need to be bothered right now.

Elsa stuck to the outskirts, watching as some rushed forward and others hung back. Elsa tried to watch from afar. As much as she wanted to participate fully in the cheer, she was too afraid she would ruin the day. The last thing everyone needed was a ruined Christmas. Edgar on the other hand flapped eagerly. He was twittering about like a crazy man, excited to see what everyone was going to get.

"talk"
[Elsa's chillin'. Edgar is being a crazy man.]

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Look at the stars,
see how they shine for you
She was lost, so incredibly lost, stars twinkling both in the sky and on her both dark and light coat. Lightning arced periodically throughout her fine hairs as she pressed forward. It was dark out by then, but she shone brightly and lit the world like the flame she was, her embers burning hot in her heart and body contending with the small lights in the sky. She was brilliant that night, as she was every other, and little did she realize then that the event taking place would be so too. Still a ways off though she was, stuck walking a path she didn't know the location of.

It was the chiming, soft as a whisper yet very real, that caught at the fringes of her ears and snatched her attention. A curious thing, if she were honest, for though she had experienced much she had yet to encounter something as all-encompassing as that sound seemed to be. It wasn't just coming from somewhere, it was resounding everywhere and filled the entire atmosphere with its delicate ringing. She did not pause, not even hesitate; she faced the direction it pulled her toward and began the wandering to its destination. Though she could not recall any of the time spent in Helovia before the storm, something deep inside her knew not to question the mysterious push. Her mind could not remember any of her experiences there, but it seemed her body did as she obeyed without much thought. Skepticism had no place there, on that night.

Dark hooves passed over the make-shift bridge which she didn't know didn't belong, spying a gathering on the other side. There, everything was as lit as she. She didn't understand what was happening, but she knew, somehow, that she was supposed to be part of it too.

Approaching, she tried to not catch the eye of anyone near enough to do so, still unsure of who she 'knew' and who she didn't. She hadn't spotted Elsa amid the crowd, so instead she turned to face the tree and a smile crossed her lips at the sight of the turtle. What a wonderous sight.
CREDIT

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
I followed Father and the twins.

They left abruptly without saying much, but I am passed holding grudges. I am certainly old enough now that I don't need to be invited anywhere, and my insecurities have dulled to the point where I no longer think that they are merely avoiding me, or don't want me around. They are family - where they go, so too shall I.

And so I followed in their stead, landing as they did. I am not nearly as tall as Father, but it did feel nice to tower over my younger siblings. My sternum felt swollen with pride. Across the fray I glanced Ivezho standing next to a mare. He was certainly the more impressive of the two of us, and so I am not completely surprised to see him with a lady friend, and yet? After being gone so long....

Ah.

Mentally I shake my head. I have forgiven him - I told him it was nothing and at the time I meant it. If anything I am just jealous - perhaps of his attention directed towards her, or simply that his world was clearly not put on hold quite the same way that mine was. That isn't his fault, and I should not covet his confidence or his casual nature. So I pull my gaze away, turning my intention instead towards the turtle. I remember being here with Father before. Well not here, last year it was on the Island I believe ... but I remember standing at his side, watching the great creature dole out prizes seemingly at random, but with joy and mirth.

Image Credits

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Giving Tree Results
The Earth Turtle looks upon the majesty of the tree, watching as the boughs begin to shake with glee. Here upon this night gifts are bestowed, to young and old. This is the evening of a single star, shining above for those near and far. Though darkness looms and violence creeps, this night is protected by the one who keeps.

The God of the Earth...

(Does not qualify with post count, giving tree post doesn't count: Aeolus, Lothiriel, Amani)

VOLTERRA :: Circlet of Earth (crown of gold leaf and green stones)
LENA :: amulet
AURIEL :: Passive magic
MAUJA :: amulet
ZEKLE :: Light of the Turtle (small glowing green orb charm)
NYX :: Custom Item
JOHNNY :: amulet
DEIMOS :: Companion with 2 magic mutation
AGNODICE :: mythical companion NS (common)
EREBOS :: Foal stats with magic
ERTHE :: Medium mutation (altered hooves, feathered body, 50% coverage)
FROST FYRE :: VOTG pass
BADGER :: amulet
MESEC :: Custom Item
TEMBOVU :: Foal stats
AMARA :: VOTG pass
TANDAVI :: amulet
TINGAL :: small item
ISOPIA :: Small Glowing Marking (any color)
GAUCHO :: Magic (any kind)
REXANNA :: amulet
MAREN :: Custom Item
TAE :: Medium mutation (altered hooves, feathered body, 50% coverage)
CANEO :: medium item
ALUNE :: VOTG pass
CERA :: VOTG pass
ENNA :: Light of the Turtle (small glowing green orb charm)
COLT :: Foal stats with magic
ELDALA :: amulet
CICERON :: Companion with 2 magic mutation
AMARIS :: mythical companion SS (royal)
GRIMALKIN :: medium item
BRISA :: small item
ASHAMIN :: amulet
IVEZHO :: Circlet of Earth (crown of gold leaf and green stones)
AHVELYN :: Small Glowing Marking (any color)
CIRRUS :: Small Glowing Marking (any color)
MURTAGH :: Medium mutation (altered hooves, feathered body, 50% coverage)
RESPLENDENCE :: Magic (any kind)
DRAEVO :: Small Glowing Marking (any color)
HERA :: passive magic
AARON :: passive magic
BRENDAN :: Foal stats with magic
KALONA :: Normal companion
VITANI :: Magic (any kind)
SHAHROKH :: Custom Item with 2 upgrades
KNOX :: Hybrid foal stats
MILO :: medium item
ALYSANNE :: amulet
THRANDUIL :: Circlet of Earth (crown of gold leaf and green stones)
SHIDA :: Companion with 2 magic mutation
ELSA :: Light of the Turtle (small glowing green orb charm)
SERENITY :: passive magic
RHOA :: 2 companion mutation

to be continued....
These will be applied to your OOC prize record when this is over, so only post to record updates if you will be using a prize!
Trading can occur like normal - if you trade, both people need to post in the record updates