the Rift

[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::

Spice Posts: 118
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 2 years
Wayne :: Zebra Finch :: None Sage

I am a dark mind on a quiet night.

I am a silver shadow in a new light.
Wandering through the darkness, the meadow closing in, I feel my breaths start to quicken as I hear the sound of the hum. It's quiet from where I stop and stay for a little while. Listening. In the quiet of the night it's rare and nice and I feel like I've heard these jingle bells before. It's a wonderful sound and I couldn't ask for more on a night of such joyous sounds.

But my mind had been somewhere else that day, traveling away, finding places it should not see at this age. Opened up to things it has yet to understand. Darkness pushed and pulled and tried to get into my head. There was an evil there that I could not escape. I didn't like this shit feeling in my stomach when I lurched forward finally after a long moment of listening to the sounds.

I wanted to hear them more clearly. I moved forward and headed towards the sound of the humming and the bells. It was sweet in my ears, like molasses, slow and thick. A smile grows on my face as I push forward, a soft layer of snow falling, I'd almost hardly noticed it. Entranced by the light I'd found in my previously dark thoughts.

Pushing my way towards it, I find that there are many here that I know. My dear friend Aeolus, Res the woman with the valiant dragon of red. Rhoa's brother, Ivezho and many more. We gather and stare and smile in awe and I whisper a soft, frail "hello" greeting the turtle with a smile. My eyes were dark, but the light reflecting off the virgin snow makes my eyes sparkle with a lying light.

"Talking"
Spice
Gᴏᴏᴅ Gɪʀʟs Aʀᴇ Bᴀᴅ Gɪʀʟs Tʜᴀᴛ Hᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ Bᴇᴇɴ Cᴀᴜɢʜᴛ

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Giving Tree Results
The Earth Turtle looks upon the majesty of the tree, watching as the boughs begin to shake with glee. Here upon this night gifts are bestowed, to young and old. This is the evening of a single star, shining above for those near and far. Though darkness looms and violence creeps, this night is protected by the one who keeps.  

The God of the Earth...

(Does not qualify with post count, giving tree post doesn't count: Aeolus, Lothiriel, Amani)

SPICE :: Small mutation (fangs, long ears, etc)

to be continued....
These will be applied to your OOC prize record when this is over, so only post to record updates if you will be using a prize!
Trading can occur like normal - if you trade, both people need to post in the record updates

Cloak Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

chosen of the moon

She left, away, gone from the edges of the Edge and following in the shadows of those she spotted sneaking away. Though perhaps not sneaking for many left inconspicuously and all faced the same direction. She could hear it too, of course, the slight bells chiming and seeming to have a magic of their own that pulled everyone out. But she didn't know what it meant, had only just arrived and knew not to be so trusting so quick. So instead she crept in the footsteps of the others, unsure of what to do herself. Dagger had separated, lost to the night as she had done as well, and so Cloak departed and slipped beneath the moon.

The walk was not a far distance, everyone crossing a bridge to an isolated part of the land where she could see many already there, and still so many yet to go. Her necklace chains clinked in time with her steps and she could only wish Dagger were there to keep her company on the trek, not knowing a soul she passed.

The lights were nearly blinding, but in beauty and not intensity. The grand tree nestled in the center was a gem in their world, and on that night in particular she felt... happy. Satisfied greatly, her heart swelling in the moment, and a slight raise of the corners of her lips gave her a pretty visage that usually an air of mystery and indifference covered. The turtle waiting by the great roots and speaking in their tongue was a novel sight to behold, but she knew well of the magic that resided in their lands and was not overly surprised.
She kept herself hidden in the darkest corners, skull-painted face shining white in the blackness, wishing only for her counterpart to witness the marvelous happenings around them.
merry merry christmas/holidays to everyone. thanks for making this place so great to be <333
robb stark
credits

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
May your days be merry & bright~

The blue made her way towards the meadow. Something called to her, beckoned her with good will and merriment. She snorted, breath rising from her in a small wisp as Orangemoon chilled the air. How ridiculous did that sound? But still, she did not stray from the feeling, and instead followed the urge that pushed her further into the wild lands.

Soon it became obvious she wasn't the only one who was being called to the meadow. One by one, from their respective lives, many seemed to approach what hadn't been there before. She filed in behind them, marveling at the bridge that had been carved and twisted to grant them safe passage over the water. Silver eyes were wide with wonder as her gaze fell upon the glittering bells. They glittered like stars torn from the heavens, and their gentle chimes were calming, heavenly, even. A great turtle sang softly. Had he been the one to coax her in?

She shouldered through the crowd, stopping at the cusp of the circle. Her tail wrapped around a rear hoof, and her head tipped curiously to the side. What was his purpose? Why were they here? Never in her life had she seen such a place, or a creature like the great turtle. Some who gathered here she recognized, but many she did not. The star girl had felt like a recluse recently, staying trapped in the valley of the Basin. Some could say she had become a prisoner to the home she was devoted to. But still, she had also never seen a tiger god or crocodile god before. So maybe this was a thing that happened. Helovia had many secrets, and obviously many monstrous beasts that came out once an a blue moon.

She needed to get out more.

Speech
Merry Christmas, all!!

[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
Mother said to sit, to stay. I laugh at her, thinking that I would listen! I'm going to be king some day, so I need to know the land I'm going to be ruling. I want to survey my subjects, and besides, if mother gets to go so should I. I keep her within my sight, hurrying behind her with the subtlety of an elephant, but somehow she does not notice my loud steps or pants. Maybe those annoying bells are loud enough for her not to hear? My pace quickens and I feel the crunch of (what's this?) beneath my feet, wonderful and odd. I jump, my hooves sinking even deeper, I push my nose into it and throw it around. Whatever this is, I demand more of it! It melts under the pressure of my breath, and I like that, because some day I will do that with horses, with lives. Today, I will just enjoy the snow and continue my pursuit of mother. 

What greets me is more than what I expected, a crowd of unfamiliar faces all focused on the same thing. Some are leaving with items, others linger in hopes of receiving them. Hesitant, I push myself forward and poke my nose out, sniffing at the sharp smells and overwhelming bodies. Voices clash and there are children and adults alike, all here for the same purpose. I hear the bells, silver and delicate, tinkling on the back of something massive and gentle looking, a turtle famous in Helovia for his kindness and generosity. Whatever he has, I want it for myself. I march forward, voice a mere squeak compared to some of the adults. "Want!" I am not impressive, and my single word is weak but at least I expressed my desires. I come for gifts and nothing but, and so does mother I assume. 

"Talk."
the boy bandit king
image credits

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

Archibald knew when the world rocked on its side and the year turned. The stallion had been in Helovia long enough to know when something was happening--and this happened often. Perking his massive head, the stallion moved toward the Thistle Meadow. Loretta trotted at his heels, though her body seemed lifeless. Her heart still grieved the loss of her sister. Her red and white body felt heavy as she followed after her bondmate. As he traveled, Archibald sent comforting waves to his companion. Her pain was his pain, though unlike his her's had not yet turned to rage. Would it at all? Or was that sickness only given to him? Archibald snorted, pushing the thoughts from his mind.

Now was not the time.

Breaking into the meadow, golden eyes roamed over the masses of horses gathered. Several members of his herd scattered the lands, and his brother and nephew. Calling to them, Archibald continued to trot through the meadow. He found himself stopping at the side of his Earth Medic. Turning, Archibald touched his nose to the side of her neck. She was always loyal. "Resplendence," He nodded to her, breathing softly.

Stopping fully, Archibald looked upon the happenings in the meadow with eyes that were solid and hard, but not cold. Loretta lay in the grass beside him, licking at her paws compulsively. The Dauntless looked down at his companion, pressing his foreleg into her back. Loretta, please he urged, but the cur ignored him. Her only response was a snarl of contempt, leave me be, Archibald, she snapped mentally, turning away from her master.

art by shady

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
The tinkling sound of bells echoed across Helovia in waves of merriment and cheer. It had been a year since I’d last heard them and a year since I’d followed the chords to the giant turtle at their origin. A wide smile parted my lips and I nudged Romul, who had been sleeping at my side, and we departed from the Throat at a breakneck pace. We chased one another along the sands for a time and nearly collided into one another when we’d reached the mote that circled our desert home.

After we had made it away from the Throat, we slowed, and the anticipation began to build. Even though the tune of the song that wafted across the land was a happy one, I still feared the many faces that would be gathered around the great tree I’d seen the first time I’d witnessed the great tortoise. Who would be among them and who would be there to greet me? I hoped for friends and companionship and not the ill tides of enemies or false relationships.

When at last we arrived at the tree, I was again mesmerized by the floating bells and the wizened turtle perched beneath them. I stared longingly at the snow-kissed tree and again reveled in the sight of so many equines, unicorns, Pegasus, and everything in between. We had gathered in celebration and I knew that we would all set aside our quarrels now… even if they resumed after the grand holiday season had passed. “Thank you…” I whispered to the great tortoise after I’d passed across the bridge. “Thank you so much.
Image -- Coding

[Merry Christmas everyone & Thank you!]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Helovian Ancient
The Giving Tree Results
The Earth Turtle looks upon the majesty of the tree, watching as the boughs begin to shake with glee. Here upon this night gifts are bestowed, to young and old. This is the evening of a single star, shining above for those near and far. Though darkness looms and violence creeps, this night is protected by the one who keeps.  

The God of the Earth...

(Does not qualify with post count, giving tree post doesn't count: Aeolus, Lothiriel, Amani)

CLOAK :: medium item
KI'IRHA :: Circlet of Earth (crown of gold leaf and green stones)
KID :: Medium mutation (altered hooves, feathered body, 50% coverage)
ARCHIBALD :: Band of the Tree (bracelet of gold leaf and green stones)
ESSETIA :: Hybrid foal stats

to be continued....
These will be applied to your OOC prize record when this is over, so only post to record updates if you will be using a prize!
Trading can occur like normal - if you trade, both people need to post in the record updates

Uriel Posts: 12
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.1 HH :: 1 Year (Frostfall)
Linds
OOC: Murry Christmas! || word count: 252-ish
The prince wandered from the World’s Edge, the place where he’d been born and yet could not yet call home again. He’d stalled there for a time, that was certain, but he’d yet to be accepted by his own mother and her supposed friends. Somehow that left a sickening taste on his tongue- especially after Sariel had been reported missing. How his heart had broken when those words had passed his mother’s very lips.

It was the sound of bells that turned him away from the land and the sea and all the childhood memories he harbored. It was the joy in those tinkling chords that made him want to find such joyful noise. At first, the little prince was uncertain about whether or not he could trust such a notion, but found that his curiosity had been piqued. Instead of waiting any longer to debate whether or not he would answer the soft tunes, he went careening toward the meadow with little to no worry or doubt.

However, what he found there was beyond imagining. Beneath a large tree, there sat a giant tortoise. The tree itself was encased in ice and snow, and it looked as though the turtle had crafted a bridge to connect the divide between them. Slowly, the colt moved closer, his eyes wide and full of mischief. “What is this?” he asked at first. Yet, when he looked around at the bells and listened to their ringing, he smiled. “It’s beautiful… thank you for such happiness.
Uriel & Sariel
Take my hand, show me the way, we are the children that fell from grace
Image Credit

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

Iona followed the sound of the gently tinkling bells across the wind and it seemed like Helovia just wasn’t done surprising her.  She circled from above, trying to make sense of what her eyes were showing her but knew that such was futile – there was no sense where there was magic.  It was clear that this was another tradition that was unfamiliar to Iona, she didn’t need anyone to tell her that.  The bells had drawn the others, and they seemed less surprised by the great tree and its master.  Iona landed quietly but remained on the outskirts even though there were familiar faces littered around the gathering. 

So many greeted each other with familiarity and kindness – the tensions between individuals and between herds were left behind as bells chimed and lights twinkled. It made Iona’s heart feel lighter than it had in ages, but so heavy at the same time.  She missed what she had left behind – her family, her sons.  But it took something like this to realize she had a family here too. 

Here she had her sister and young Naerys.  Here she had met the curious little Erthe who had woven her way into the painted woman’s heart.  And there were her herdmates to consider too – who had all become important to her in ways that the resistance fighters never had before.  They had been discouraged from growing attached during the endless war, but here things were different. She recognized Tembovu and Mauja amongst the crowd – stallions who had earned her respect and as such her loyalty. 

The most important observation was when Iona saw her sister – the other half of herself and her reason for being in Helovia at all. For a moment, the shadows were gone from Alysanne’s eyes – and for that she was grateful to this strange creature.  Whatever this was, whatever magic was here – it had lifted the burdens on her sister’s soul and in doing so had breathed new life into her painted twin.

Iona needed no gift other than to see Alysanne happy again. 
That’s all she had ever wanted. 

For the first time in a long time, all was calm in Iona’s mind. 

”Thank you,” she offered, to no one in particular.  To the situation?  To the tree? To the turtle? She didn’t care - as long as Aly kept smiling. She was just thankful.

I O N A

image credits 

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <333333

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan's lips upturned easily as the sound of bells reached his ears. The ever faithful giving turtle, not a year did the kind soul not visit and gift Helovia's eager inhabitants. No matter what the age the heart of all who met the jolly soul were made to feel young again. The stallion had not met the turtle personally but he had heard the tales and he had seen faces shine with renewed hope. 

He had heard that some who visited the turtle were gifted with magic, but Caenan doubted that any magic gained was capable of comparing to the magic that brought everyone together while they were in his presence. Eager to experience the event for himself the bay dashed through the meadow following the sound of bells and once he got closer pleasant humming.

Caenan's eyes widened in awe at the sight of the large tree that had suddenly taken root just for the occasion. "You really are somethin'." he murmured as he eyed the special visitor.  

Many others had already gathered by the time Caenan joined. He searched the faces for one in particular. He wondered if Naerys would come. He felt a soft smile cross his face whenever he thought of the enthusiasm he knew the filly would greet the moment with. 

Dipping his head in the direction of the turtle Caenan milled about with others that had came. He searched for his friend among those gathered and considered befriending some of the new faces.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

What is? Alice's rough voice echoed in her head as the pair wandered towards the pull the magic had on their beings. Hotaru had grown up in Helovia, was a native born child to it, as in tune to the magic as the land itself if she fancied herself a storyteller with a creative tongue. She knew not to ignore such things like this, not when they had proven so fruitful in the past. One such fruit standing proud and pale beside her, hellblack eyes peering up at her. Yes, Hotaru knew that these gatherings were important, and she would not be the one to miss out on them. 

It is...a celebration, of sorts. To keep spirits up? Even Hotaru could not give a proper answer to her beloved bonded, for she was a vain and shallow creature with desires in her heart that could not be denied. Materialistic, truly. In some ways she was her mother's parallel, but with the tinge of her father's possessiveness that had her clinging stubbornly to even the most useless of things. She liked to think she denied the true meaning behind this gathering, that it mattered less than nothing to her that it was meant to lift spirits and encourage hope and kinship. Still, she was a weak creature with diamond armor. It did not mean she could not feel the lie inside of herself.

So she gathered at the edge, tentative. Hesitant. Wanting badly what was offered, her pale pink form beneath the flickering, hypnotizing lights. But still not sure that this was where she belonged, where she could be welcomed or even recognized. Thran, Alice huffed, and directed Hotaru's attention to where the Lord was standing on the outside of the crowd just as Hotaru was. Perhaps I am not so alone after all.

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

{the stormbringer}
every day I'm cast away, a vagabond
battle born</style>

Everything is new, with a startling clarity that he had forgotten in the fog and mire of his own useless emotions and tangled relationships. When he feels the magic tug at him, at a familiar time of the season, the Czar turns and points his way there like it is magnetic north and he is merely a scrap of metal inclined to follow its pull. There was no care, no hesitation. Greed was something he could level his gaze at stolidly now, something he would not deny himself for petty things such as guilt or the desire for equality or for others to reap the benefits of his own misguided selflessness. Other Kaj would have lingered on the outskirts, fighting the pull and the warmth that seemed to pulse in the distance. He would not. 

The flight was one of ease, though few seemed to direct themselves to such a route. It was like a reverse exodus, trails of wanderers like dark shapes below him. Indistinct, nameless to him and meaningless in the grand scheme of the universe. It was ironic how they were meaningless even in his own tiny world. That they deluded themselves was amusing, and he briefly entertained the notion if only for some thought provoking material while he flew the distance to the disturbance.

It was a beautiful disturbance at least, which made it partially worth the energy expended on the flight. Equivalent exchange, he thought to himself as he landed, stoically ignoring familiar faces such as Cirrus and Brisa. Instead he gave a sharp nod to Gaucho, Archibald, Ktulu...but he stared into the twinkling lights, the bells on the shell of the great turtle, and stood like a golden statue amidst the others. 

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
She didn't notice it, not at first, but Kygo did. Whether it was the bells or the massive outpouring of bodies, many of whom were their family, into the skies and the lands, Ampere couldn't be sure. All she knew was the bird was insistant, not relenting even with her usual glares and bared teeth, not even stopping when her magic snuffed out their bond for a brief moment - she would have sustained the silence if it weren't so draining.

Finally she submitted, alighting behind the green parrotlet that had been squawking and darting around for what seemed hours. With her acceptance he grew calmer, clear happiness radiating from him in waves of blue tinged with an excited turquoise. The color infected all her thoughts, the feeling settling into her bones, lifting her spirit despite herself.

When he winged down towards the Meadow Ampere gasped at the sight of all the horses gathered, her 'brows furrowing in irritated concern as her gaze swept over her two smallest children, and her older one, as she circled to land. Only Gaucho's presence withheld her wrath, and she assumed he had brought them all here under the protective guidence of his wings. With her motherly duties aside, intruige tugged her closer to the bells that continued to sound. With hooves touched down and wings folded, she lightly shook the unseasonal snow from her back and pressed closer to the turtle. She was familiar with him, and hesitated for a moment at the sight of him. Perhaps it was better that Torleik had earned that egg all those days ago...

Kygo, curious devil that he was, fluttered over the turtled and attempted to land on the back of his shell. Unlikle Ampere he positively adored the earthen creature, trilling in excitment as he drew near.

Yes, Ampere decided, she could be happy for this moment.
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
"You Ain't Never Had a Friend Like Me!"

I know what is happening just from the sounds in the air. Bells. Not to mention the feeling of goodwill that slips gently throughout the meadow. I dance in place overcome with excitement. A joyful whinny flies from my lips and announces that I am on my way. 

Our arrival is slower than what I had hoped for since Anka insisted on carrying herself to meet the turtle using her own legs. She had been sick and she is beginning to feel better so she is intent on avoiding riding on my back where she had spent much of her time in the past week. Anka had almost been convinced to ride on my back but then the tree had suddenly thrust itself into the sky. After seeing such a thing Anka's pride had kicked in and she would not be swayed due to her determination to display herself as being capable before someone with such abilities.

Whenever we do come upon the giving turtle many others have already gathered to greet him. Anka is frustrated by it and chatters loudly before weaving around the gathered hooves. It would be so easy for her to be stepped on. Excusing myself as I bump into others I chase after Anka with my heart in my throat.

Finally she stops and turns to me with a polished pebble in her paws. Before I can object she dashes underneath of my own hooves and straight up to where the visiting turtle rests. Once she thinks she has gained his attention she offers him the pebble.

Anka was excited and she would not be satisfied until she was noticed. My embarrassment is eased off some by my pride that I feel for her. 

Rei
and Anka
/ image
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

The amount of fear that pumped through me... It was unbearable, causing my stomach to churn at any thought of it. I wasn't sleeping, and so I wore a haggard look on my face, eyes seemingly zombified in my skull. In an extreme state of exhaustion, I seemed to plod along, certainly not feeling well in the least. I had traveled through the mists of the Edge, intent on returning to the Aurora Basin, and finding my mother. Would she know what to do? Had she felt the same way with me?

But it didn't take long. I found myself in the Thistle Meadow, and before I knew it I had broken down. Between the exhaustion, the fear, and the hormones, I had become a wreck, and I collapsed on my knee's a sobbing mess. My head tilted forward, my horn pushing into the softened ground, as my body shook with sobs that I had held in for far to long. That I had refused to let flow even when I had discovered. It didn't take long. The discomfort, the slightly elated barrel, and the growing hunger. Once I began to feel sick in the mornings, all I had to do was think back on an event that had happened not so very long ago, and I knew. I knew what was happening, and I knew what would come.

And so I spent some time, wandering, fer growing inside as the child grew. To others it may not be extremely noticeable... But It as in my body, and I could feel... I could see the changes.

In my pool of self-pity, something seemed to reach me. The distant sound of bells, caused my head to lift, and my horn to become removed from the dirt. My head turned, and icy blue eyes looked in the direction the sound came from. Curiosity pushed through, and I stood up, making my way to the sound of jingling bells.

The graceful curvatures of my body pulled me towards the gathering. There where many others there, many I of course did not know. But some pulled my attention. There was a boy there, Erebos, whom I had met in the Halcyon Flats. What turned my attention more so was my father. I ambled closer to him, my muzzle reaching out to nudge him gently, a soft hello escaping my muzzle. Whatever was happening here... It lifted my spirit's somewhat. I moved passed my father approaching the tree and the beautiful turtle. A smile (something that really hadn't been there for many weeks) pulled my features upwards. "Thank you for coming again. You have brought so much joy... It is truly appreciated." I expected nothing, and I had remembered the first time the turtle had visited us, nearly a year and a half ago, when I was a mere child, with nothing to worry in the world.

But the joy fades from my face, as I turn to see him. It wasn't that I was unhappy to see him. No. I was nearly overjoyed. But I was scared too. I was scared of rejection. I was scared that maybe he wouldn't have those feelings we had on the Steppe. That he would turn away from me in disgust. Would he notice? Would he notice the weight that had slowly accumulated on my body, the slightly enlarged barrel... Would he know, and would he care?

"Rhoa." I called out to him, and fear flooded my thoughts again. I had to tell him. I just hoped he wouldn't shun me because of it. Because it would honestly hurt more than anything in the world if he did. Because for some dumb reason, his opinion of me mattered.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image
@Rhoa
@Mauja
I figured since Odd and I put stats up, I could have Glacia panicking about being a mom. So. If you want to Odd, I can put a thread up for them as a continuation. ^^ It will be an open thread, SO. If Neo wants Mau can be like "WTF, YOU DID MY KID AND KNOCKED HER UP? BRUH YOUR DEAD." and like. Gaucho can be like "SON. I DUNNO IF I SHOULD BE PROUD OR MAD."

So. Yep. <3

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'd rather be a riot than indifferent; this means war
Rasta was uncertain about how exactly she wanted to move forward with all that was happening. To follow Cera? To stay with Alleo? To just go on her own and try and reinvent herself with Ettore at her side? Oh, she didn't know. Maybe she would find some kind of light by just taking time out and thinking over everything on her own.

Except, she ended up being drawn to a large crowd of people. Ettore flashed a few broken images across their bond - showing the true expanse of those which had gathered in front of this tree and in front of with this turtle. Still, it was a peaceful gathering - and it allowed her soul a moment to rest as she sorted through everything that was happening.

Her eyes lingered, resting upon Cera's form. The form had no colour, just the shape and the way he moved. She knew that it was him and for the moment she clung to him. Her body shuffled instantly in his direction and she tried to gently press her maw against his neck to let him know that she had arrived - that she was here for him and that she was still alive, still fighting.

Aye, she hadn't given up just yet. At least, she didn't want to give up just yet. And, maybe this peaceful area and the gathering of so many different equine-types would let her subconscious sort through everything that she needed to be sorted through. Still, she stayed quite - only offering a nod of thanks to the creature before them.

Mentions --- @Cera
I have three posts, with the latest one being November 30th (which I think is the 4 week mark) --- so no big deal if she doesn't get rolled because of that
fire in the- fire in the- fire in the- fire in the hole
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Helovian Ancient
The Giving Tree Results

The God of the Earth...

URIEL :: medium item
IONA :: Hybrid foal stats
CAENAN :: amulet
HOTARU :: Light of the Turtle (small glowing green orb charm)
KAJ :: Band of the Tree (bracelet of gold leaf and green stones)
AMPERE :: Custom Item
REI :: amulet
GLACIA :: mythical companion NS (common)
RASTA :: passive magic

to be continued....

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer

Nymeria did not like to think she did not know about things. She was most secure when she had an understanding—whether it be in politics, or family life, or something else—of whatever demanded her confidence, and so this sudden amalgamation of horses in all colors and shapes and sizes were foreign and unwelcome to her.

Besides her lack of understanding, there was something else that was wrong, something else she abhorred: they, the great hordes of them, disturbed the—her—night. They thundered and steamed and roared like old train engines on a rusted track, and they did not belong in her world of black and white. It was the first snow of the season; should it not be falling in peace and solitude? This gentle white that drifted over soil and sand was accompanied by a bone-deep silence, one that was interrupted and perturbed by the clomping of hooves and the swish of wings. She wished they were gone, all of it, the jangling of bells and the low murmur of voices, so that she might be alone, but she could not have her selfish wish, not tonight.

She lingered on the edge, uncertain and feeling unwelcome, peering out over the crowds for familiar faces. There were too many people to file away—so instead she took note, jotting down a quick mental cue here and there: look, the man who had kidnapped her mother accompanied by twins; just aways, Isopia; again, a massive tank of man with thick feathers and a bitch at his hip.

On the faces of those around her, there is serene contentment, but all she feels is restlessness.

Why does this even matter?

I get high, and I love to get low
So the hearts keep breaking, and the heads just roll

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Difyr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Difyr

[Image: difyr_by_tierren-d970xnb.png]

Difyr had caught a ride on an unsuspecting traveler. She regretted it. Her mind had not left her Labyrinth. Those there depended on her guardianship; or so she had herself convinced. In her mind, despite her size, it was quite possible her home would fall into chaos without her being there. It was Difyr's job to keep everything and everyone in line. But she cannot prepare for what she does not know; and Helovians were beginning to visit her Labyrinth with greater frequency and she had to learn about more of them. 

Confusion knitted her brows whenever a tree with a size that should have made it a long time resident suddenly shot from the ground. Surely it must have been the work of a god? Difyr's heart stuttered at the thought of witnessing a god of Helovia once more. Her memories slipped back to the evilness of the god who had ruled over her home before he had fallen to the Helovians. The gods of this land along with its inhabitants were capable of killing a god that had long reigned over her and the Labyrinth's other inhabitants. What more could they do? 

Shock wass all Difyr could feel at the sight of not a god, but a turtle instead. Entranced by the oddness of it all she hung about on a nearby leaf to watch whatever might unfold.