the Rift

[OPEN] Flowers and Frowns

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

She thought little of her encounter with the turtle. She thought of the porcelain filly with broken legs who had greeted her fondly, and she thought of Resplendence, standing alone, but she did not think of the turtle. The duchess let the phenomenon slip by, and hurriedly left the gathering after the turtle began to pass out gifts. She was in need of nothing a turtle could give her.

The event as a whole had spooked her, in fact. She forgot her plans to gather herbs at the Rotunda and fled back to the Falls. But she found no comfort in the incandescent pools and verdant fields of her herd, not that day. The monotony that she found there was insufferable. The mare turned, instead, to the mountain behind her home. Her dainty, delicate legs could now traverse the path well, though it still left her a bit winded.

Agnodice collapsed, lacking her normal grace as she fell. She placed her glass basket in between her front legs, her thoughts suddenly quiet and lacking. The delicate heap of her pale body was encased by onyx tendrils. She thought little of her mane until she noticed a dash of color amongst her monochrome curtain. Upon closer inspection, she noticed more. The dashed of color were small buds of flowers, slowly blooming, thriving in her hair.

Her lips fell apart, dainty features stricken with shock. The magic that she held within her, her flowers, did not bloom unless she called for them. But here they were, growing in abundance in her mane and tail. She had trained the magic within her, it took years outside of helovia to hone it into doing much at all. This phenomenon left her in awe. She could only assume the land had amplified what was within her.

Or a certain turtle thought she would look pretty with flowers in her hair...

open thread! aggy discovering her passive magic :)

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

An amulet dangled from Caenan's grinning mouth. His lips were upturned and his leggy trot bounced more than usual. His movement came to a halt and his lips downturned whenever an equine a little ways ahead of him collapsed.  

"Ah!" Caenan could not stop the shout that leapt from his lips at seeing the mare fall. His deep green eyes widened for both her sake and for the amulet that began its own fall. A more gentlemanly stallion would have scoffed at the stallion who frantically searched for his gift before rushing to the side of the mare; but the amulet was one of the two gifts that Caenan had been given. He still wore the flower Naerys had given him in his mane. It was an oddly feminine accessory to be seen on a stallion like Caenan but he wore it with pride.

The stallion dug about in the grass where his amulet had fallen. A few times his heart jumped in excitement only for him to discover the item thought to be his amulet to be a pebble or at one point a beetle. He finally found the amulet by accidentally stepping on it and was miffed to spot a crack whenever bent to pick it up.

"Oh," Caenan looked "I think you have something in your hair." A smile could be heard plainly in his voice, although not without a degree of tenseness due to the crack. 

The stallion seemed to have made a habit of running into those who had magic setting flowers to gather around or upon them. Not wanting to stand above her Caenan knelt and laid next to the mare and his amulet. "I am Caenan." He gave his name in an offhand manner, after all, it would mean nothing to the stranger. It was just how things were usually started. "Are you okay? I can run for anyone or anthin' you may need."

@Agnodice
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Outcast

She flicked a curvaceous ear to one side, brow raising at the sound of a sharp shout not far from her. It was a stallion, a large bay with an arcing horn. She watched him flounder about for a moment, and winced when she heard a cracking noise split through the air. Agnodice instinctively curled up further, and tucked her head close to her neck. The stallion was much larger than herself, and in her state, she was not capable of dealing with one who had such height on her.

But the stallion, despite being clumsy, wasn't threatening. His accented words intrigued her immediately, her ears pricking towards him and eyes growing wide in interest. She returned his smile upon hearing the remark about the flowers in her hair. She nodded simply, eyes flicking to the flowers growing in her hair. She wasn't any closer to growing accustomed to them yet. She tried not to think about them, and eyed the amulet he seemed to have stepped on instead. He seemed dismayed about it, something she supposed she could understand. If she stepped on her basket, it would easily shatter, for it was made of glass.

She continued to watch him, clutching her basket closer to her chest as he laid down next to her. She didn't find herself to be that great of company, but she supposed he could do as he pleased. Besides, with that accent, she wasn't about to run him off. "I'm fine, thank you,"  She stated softly. "I'm sorry about your amulet. I'm Agnodice,"  She paused, thinking for a moment about what she would say next. She had plenty of questions, deciding what to prioritize was what she was thinking about. "What brings you here today, Caenan?"  She asked with a small smile, laying her head down and watching him with an expectant gleam in her eyes.  

@Caenan

Image Credits

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane 
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain 
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

He cocked his head and the biggest of grins flashed across his face crinkling his eyes. He was not sure why her concern for his amulet warmed him so, or why it mattered to her; but Caenan was delighted by it. "It is still in one piece." Caenan looked down at the amulet that laid next to him.  "An' you seem to be also. I'm glad for both." 

Agnodice. Her name was different. It was a new song to become stuck in his head. He hoped that she would become a friend and that her name would become a song that he too could sing out.

"I met the turtle." He assumed that she would know who it was that he spoke of, there couldn't be many noteworthy turtles to meet in Helovia. "Then I happened across a pretty mare." His lips upturned mischievously waiting for her reaction to the compliment.

Caenan smiled gently whenever she spoke with such a soft voice and whenever she laid her head down. She was like the calm lapping of a lake and he was the rambunctious ocean waves. Agnodice was endearing to the unicorn. She did not do much but he was curious about who she was. Helovia did not have many souls within it that were so calm. The calmness that she carried was contagious and just from being near her Caenan could feel it rubbing off on him. Although his eyes still admired her features he could feel them beginning to droop slightly in the comfort she brought him.

"What about you? What brought you here Agnodice?"

@Agnodice
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Outcast

His concern for her was unwarranted, but she loved it. Not purposefully or consciously did she long for his eyes to linger a little while longer on her, it was an involuntary action. She was, after all, raised to be a princess. She had never found herself longing for attention, it was simply given without her asking. But now she lacked such treatment, and no matter how much she told herself she didn't want it (she didn't need it), subconsciously, she did.

And so when he called pretty, she batted her ebony eyelashes sweetly, sheepishly. (Oh, who, me? No way! Go on.) Her delicate smile widened a bit, turquoise gaze relaxed and introspective. For the moment, her dysphoric thoughts on the resentment she harbored for the flowers growing in her hair was forgotten.

Because he called her pretty.

"I met the turtle as well," She remarked, her words uncharacteristically melodic. "I didn't feel like going home, so I came here. Then flowers sprouted from my hair and a handsome stallion called me pretty," Agnodice replied, her features turning devious. She tucked her basket even closer to her body, and let her gaze slip away from the stallion.

He called her pretty! You don't even know him. He is so very tall. What is that he smells of? Seaweed? How can you trust him? That markings, those eyes, such a lull to his rough edges. Such a point to his horn, perfect to slit throats with.

But he called her pretty...

aggy is CONFUSEEeeDEDED @Caenan

Image Credits