the Rift

[OPEN] And stumble into the sky

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Cloven hooves traversed the land with sweeping, reaching strides. The muddled mare's gait was relaxed, but quick as she ventured through the snow. The encounter with the turtle had left her in a content state, but she couldn't find it within herself to feel too happy without being surrounded by snow capped mountains. She left the meadow silently, slipping by the horses who had gathered, seeing some she knew and many she didn't.

Conversing with others seemed a daunting task at that point, and after the turtle gave out the gifts, that was all there was left to do. She was tempted to seek out her old friends, to make amends and talk about life, but she didn't know how.

I was gone. I left. I'm sorry. Please take me back.

Those words would not suit her ebony lips. So she nudged Altair away from twinkling lights and warm snow to drag him back to the Basin. He followed his bonded reluctantly, trudging behind her, a continual sense of displeasure radiating from his mind. Their roles were reversed. She smiled back at the cerndyr, quietly promising they would explore again soon, but when she was ready.

And now, standing amongst the snow and so close to her home, she wasn't sure she would ever be ready to leave again.

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

@Mesec <3
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Mesec had taken to travelling up north - never visiting the Basin, he had no reason to now, but lingering in the Steppe instead. He still hoped he might happen to find his father up here on one of these excursions and that simple hope turned the frozen stretches of the north into something that he found comforting. Such a vast contrast to the herd where he now made his home, where even the middle of Frostfall left no trace of snow on the warm sands and cracked soils of the Throat.

Aside from his father, though, Mesec had been on a streak of good luck when it came to old friends being discovered in these wild places. A streak, he was happy to discover, that had no intention of ending on this day.

Lucius was far overhead, circling lazily, while Mesec wandered without much purpose - until he spotted someone. A slow grin across his silver-lined features as he recognized the pair, already moving towards them. He cantered, as best as he could, feeling young and delighted. This wasn’t the first foal hood friend he had discovered in the frozen Steppe and he’d come here every day if it meant his good fortune would hold out. “Frost Fyre!” He called as he approached because there was no doubt in him, no doubt at all, at who this was. The last time he had seen her had been when they had been trapped in the caves - what felt like a lifetime ago.

And the first time they met, as foals in the Basin, even longer.

But there was complete joy in his silver gaze as he came to stop before her - reaching out to bump his muzzle against hers in a friendly greeting if she would accept the gesture. “It’s so good to see you! How have you been?” He hoped it had not been so long that she did not remember him.
Mesec
and you belong with me, not swallowed by the sea

image || table

@Frost Fyre :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

“Frost Fyre!”

Her wistful dreams of solitude shatter, the facade of lonely serenity she had stitched together unwinding when the sound of her name echoed throughout the land. But she did not run, or wince, for the voice that called out to her was familiar. The vocals were belonged to one she had not seen in many seasons, and for a moment, she was at a loss as to who it belonged to.

But when she tipped her crowned head back, she found a smile come to her lips. "Mesec!" She called back, turning around to face her old friend. Faded memories of innocent puppy love came to her mind upon seeing him, making her smile widen. She now found the thought of them being more than friends nothing but an amusing notion. Cloven hooves moved to meet him, but they did not have to step far, for the night-kissed stallion was swiftly bounding towards her, kicking up snow around his dark frame.

She returned his friendly gesture, bumping her ebony shaded muzzle into his. Her jaded gaze travelled swiftly across his body, a fleeting look to make sure he was in good health. She flicked her eyes back up to his, partially smiling at his question, despite the answer being tumultuous. "I've been well enough. I've seen better days, but haven't we all?" She mused, looking away for a moment to mask whatever gloom might've crossed her features. She missed her mother, father, old friends. "I've missed you," She added softly, the words slipping out before she could stop them. She glanced back up at the ebony stallion, concern gleaming in her emerald pools.

Altair recognized the shift in thought from his bonded, moving from behind her to beside her, taking note of the moon's son. He had seen him before, in a cave, when he was little more than a fawn. He did not remember having ill feelings towards the stallion, nor did he remember having pleasant ones, either. But his muddled maiden was conversing with the stallion, engaged in what he perceived as a pleasant exchange, and allowed it continue.

The girl glanced at her companion momentarily, stroking his side with her leonine tail before moving her attention back to her old friend. "And what of you, moon boy? What have you been up to?" She inquired, the words sounding playful regardless of the melancholy grip on her heart.

FROST FYRE

image credits

@Mesec <33
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Her soft admission of how she had missed him was met with a brighter smile on his part. “And I you.” Mesec admitted easily, enjoying the bliss accompanied by her return. He had been so fortunate lately, to keep running into old friends, as much of a shame it was to acknowledge that they had lost touch in the first place.

He chuckled softly as she called him moon boy, a nickname that might invoke a different response from others but from Frost Fyre it was wrapped in memories. She didn’t mean it as an insult or a joke, it was a nickname that had been preserved through the years from the time when he was a knobby-kneed colt just trying to fit into the herd. Now he was still trying to fit into a herd but he had at least grown into his knees. “I joined the Throat, actually, trying to be a crafter. I don’t really know how well it’s going… I don’t have a knack for it. But I wanted to get as far away from… well, from my ties in all the other herds.” Mesec was rapidly running out of lands in Helovia that weren’t tied to memories he wished he did not have.

He confessed all of that quietly, enjoying the similar comfort that speaking to Hotaru had given him - the connection of being friends when they were young but relative strangers now. He wasn’t sure why he felt like he could be this honest with Frost Fyre, with the concern so obvious in her bright green eyes, but he could. There was comfort in having known her before the world started falling apart.

Silver eyes hadn’t moved from her as he spoke, not feeling the usual need to shift uncomfortably as he spoke about himself - and though the smile had faded it grew again as he changed the subject. “Are you still in the Basin?” Even if things had not been wonderful for her he hoped that she had experienced better luck in the past couple years than he had.
Mesec
and you belong with me, not swallowed by the sea

image || table

@Frost Fyre
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

She smiled with soft endearment at the moon boy, her heart filling with sullen tenderness for her old friend. The days when they knew each other best were long past, painted in a sorrowful light within her memory. Her mother was long gone, she assumed her father was as well, along with so many she used to know. Reminiscing on even the happiest of moments with Mesec were tainted in her mind by the despair she felt of losing it all.

The maiden was grateful for his chuckle, for it distracted her from melancholy memories. She smiled, looking up tenderly at the hybrid as he spoke. The Throat? He joined the Throat? She found this surprising, finally noticing the smell of sand that clung to his coat. The desert was about as far from the ice capped mountains of the north as one could get. She supposed this made sense, though, for the Basin used to take less kindly to those with wings.

"I understand," She murmured, her emerald gaze drifted down her friend, falling to her cloven hooves. She wished she would have done more for him in their younger days, made some memories perhaps a bit less painful for both of them to remember. But she could not dwell on this regret, no matter how tempted she was to.

The muddled mare was silent for a moment, only looking back to her friend when he asked her a question. She smiled solemnly, nodding slowly in response. "I left once—twice, but the Basin beckons me. I hate to think I've outgrown it, but adjusting to the unfamiliar faces is..difficult," She admitted softly, her last words diminishing into nothing more than a whisper.

FROST FYRE

image credits

@Mesec so sorry for the wait!!
Dawn is coming
open your eyes