the Rift

[OPEN] in the bleak mid-winter, [welcoming]

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

She  can not really decipher what he says when he yells after her, but she can hear the evident bitch fit in his tone. She laughs, he is proving to be so utterly entertaining and they've barely exchanged anything but their names. Perhaps he is too smart to be lured by tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumbass – she didn't really expect that, to be honest. He's following. She can hear his footsteps trudging her way as he advances closer and closer. She only bends an ear back at first and as he approaches her shoulder she spins to him with a mischievous glow in her henna eyes. “Smart choice, Albrecht.” She giggles to herself and turns to the path ahead. “We will be traveling for a while, I must say, several hours at least. And by several I mean six to eight, depending on your ability.... ” Her eyes snake up and down, from his face to his knees and back to his eyes. “Or lack of.” She looks to the changing skies. “Just shut up and walk – there will be plenty of time for banter when we get there.” She walks ahead of him with a steady and slow pace toward the snowy mountains.

And travel they did. She takes mercy on him, going around the swamps and through the valleys – sometimes taking a slightly longer route and stopping more than usual. Not like when she dragged Eldala out here just last month. She recalls putting the girl through the ringer before letting her eyes finally settle on the machines and the dancing aurora. After a while they make it across the snow bridge and are now within sight of the Basin's wall of mountains. She looks back to him finally as the sun beams it's last ray of orange onto the horizon, “We are nearly there. Just after this set of hills.” And by hills..she meant a series of small, jagged mountains. Teeny in comparison to the behemoths in the great grand snow-blown distance, but formidable none the less. They make it over them. Or so she assumes. She doesn't look back to him until they are standing only 500 yards or so from the sentinels that guard the border.

Phrixus flies ahead as always, calling out and swooping all around the metal guardians. He announces their arrival to anyone who might be standing near by.

Did you make it ok?” She smirks at him, assuming he will have some cute, venomous answer. She expects him to. She wonders if he notices the bite of the winter winds curling around the thawed tundra. They're approaching ever more with every single day. The Basin is the first to be crystallized in ice and then buried in snow. She wonders if he knows, and if he doesn't, would he be a little bitch about it? She watches him with her grin still grinning, her eyes following him. “Shall we?” She flicks her pink nose to the entrance ahead, trotting a few feet ahead of him, guiding him in with a proud sort of saunter about her thick little body.

Image By PSILO!

@Hotaru @Thranduil @Albrecht
and anyone else who wants to say heyyyy
<33

this guy is awesome ;3

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht
He can swear he remembers her uttering the phrase, ‘not far from here,’ when selling her shithole of a territory to him in the Threshold so this newest appraisal of, ‘six to eight hours,’ of travel is a goddamned outrage. "What the fuuuuuuuuuuu-“ He’s not even started complaining, let alone finished, but she’s not listening. She’s not even pretending to listen, just walking ahead all fucking sideways smiles like nothing out of the ordinary is happening. Black ears and lips twist indignantly, but the piebald’s ass swaggers ever onward and he has to admit that the view’s not half bad. He takes a step forward, sighing heavily.

She doesn’t talk to him along the way, but he doesn’t have the breath to spare for conversation anyway. Lack of ability was somewhat of an understatement, though he’s milking it hard enough to run any prized dairy cow dry. In addition to the merciful pauses Swagger-Ass gives him on her own, (of which he takes full advantage by accidently-fully-intentionally walking nose first into her hindquarters) he’s able to find excuses to slow or stop in plenty.

Gotta take a shit? Better stop for five minutes. Need to pee for the twelfth time? Better spend ten minutes getting into a good position. Itchy fetlocks? Itchy ears? Act like you can’t find the right spot to save your life. Better yet, act like you just can’t reach it and puppy-eye the mare for assistance. Three blades of grass? Gotta get that - I mean shit, just look at him. You should be picking those things and putting them straight in his mouth for fucks sake.

As they crest what he can only pray are the final barriers to their arrival and bitterly resenting Tangere’s description of them as simply, ‘hills,’ he finds the will to grunt unhappily. "These hotsprings better be the goddamned highlight of my life." The mare just smiles her smug little smile and jauntily trots ahead. Far too tired to raise a complaint, the stallion trails behind, noticeably subdued as they cross beneath a massive metallic statue guarding the path. He assumes this is the Sentinel she mentioned and spares a passing glace for its looming presence.

//

OOC: Sorry for the delay! My girlfriend's parents are in town until New Years and are taking up all of my free time.
The Curmudgeon
Image Credit

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

It is not the girl in all her smiles that you watch as they pass beneath the metal-borne sentinels with a harsh eye, angular face. It is the man that trudges behind her, clearly more than a few years beyond his prime, his body thin in all of the wrong places, unkempt and unspectacular; but it is not this that sparks your attention, seeks to keep it. It is the look on his face, something that you interpret as disgust. You simply stand, minuscule and small and insignificant in the shadows of your mountains, an increasingly familiar fury brewing silently in your heart. You had never been a particularly spectacular welcoming party (the black and gold brat in the woods, the way you and Erebos had laughed at her indignation surging to the surface of your mind), and months of a growing belly, of sore feet and an even shorter temper, you are certain, in some level of subconsciousness, that you should just turn around, save yourself the effort of being angry when it feels like every interaction is directed  by this bought of irrationality.

But as they parade closer, your annoyance with the man, who you swear mutters something, only grows, and you plant your feet firmly, waiting for them to wander just near enough. "Tangere," You address her first, her relative familiarity and kinship doing nothing to thaw the frost in your voice. She had been one of the first to welcome you to the Basin, had been one of the healers on the last expedition that you had taken with Lena (during which, you recall, she had tried to poison that exceptionally weird creation of a plant). The memory serves only to extinguish whatever (lack of) closeness that you had fostered for her, eyes narrowing as your mind begins to question her motives. "Who is this?" Your head inclines only enough to infer that it is the man that you speak of, your eyes never leaving the porcelain face of your fellow herd-mate.  

i hope you guys dont mind <3
in case it isn't clear, she's super preggo and therefore pretty chubby. c:
FEEL FREE TO POKE FUN, IT'LL BE INTERESTING

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht
A voice too high and tight to be Sideways-Smiles-Swagger-Ass draws the black’s attention up ahead. One curious ear flicks forward, surprise teasing it away from its usual reclining position at his poll. As a father himself the stallion understands the cycle of conception, gestation, and birth just fine, but he’s never seen it manifest in quite this striking a fashion before. The little mare blocking his path is easily a foot shorter than he and several feet wider. The points of her hips and shoulders have vanished completely beneath the stout curve of her midriff. If it wasn’t for the delicate little head and four spindly legs erupting from her mass of belly he would wonder whether the little mare had a skeletal frame of support at all.

Well, whatever miracle of endurance had allowed Miss-Teen-Mom to arrive so apparently fresh hadn’t extended its gift of endless vigor to him. Too tired to put up a fight and assuming this meeting to be some sort of routine induction ceremony he gives the mares a name to pin to his grizzled old face. "Albrecht."

He closes his mouth, flattens the wayward ear back to its post and resigns himself to an inevitable tongue lashing courtesy of petulant pregnancy brain, but the thought of rejection after such an unpleasant show of effort on his part pricks at his dulled senses and sends him launching into an uncharacteristically full introduction. "I’m an old bastard so don’t expect me to stand guard at the borders, but if you’ve got a position that entails drinking, feasting, sleeping inordinate amounts of time, and claiming all the beautiful possessions I’m owed for a life of hardship I’ll gladly raise three massive black horns to your name." He nods his head in a mockery of politeness, clearly displaying just two black horns curving away from his brow.

"Oh, and I’m a Leo, if you couldn’t tell from all the fringe." With a wink toward the piebald he shakes himself, rippling the curtain of copper hair draping from his undersides.

//

OOC: I know I said I'd wait for you Psilo, but this just kind of came out all at once and I couldn't stop myself. xD
The Curmudgeon
Image Credit

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

He's weird. And attractive. And weird. She found herself questioning how in the world he could be even somewhat attractive to her. It's almost embarrassing. He's old. He's lumpy. Skinny. Grumpy. Old. Still though, she watches him, her half-smirk still pasted happily on her pink lips. He's like a marionette bouncing around for her entertainment...but instead of being a creepy wooden figure that bores it's beady eyes into your soul, he's a malnourished geriatric unicorn. Pure sexy.

Suddenly she wonders what her life has become..and how did she get to this moment...

The arrival of a familiar face pours onto the scene to break up her weird thoughts of attraction and regret. The old man struggles in behind her plucky little marbled body as she looks on with sparkling brown eyes that now shift to Enna. Her voice is cold and frigid, slicing as she spoke only a few words. Tangere has stopped giving any fucks about the absolute horrendous social skills her kinfolk have, or don't have – they're actually super sweet and loving – except for Deimos, he's always a dick...oh wait, and everyone else too. The silvery mare smiles anyhow, this time it is with both sides of her mouth and less devious than the ones just for Albrecht. She nods and remains silent as the black unicorn comes forward. Enna's question is quickly answered by his own gritty voice and Tangere's grin melts into a devious one again. It's almost like she can see the smoke rise from his ears while the wheels in his ancient brain turn and sputter and spin out of control. She laughs at him, at his witticisms and complete lack of giving any fucks at all.

Dear Gods this is so much fun.

This experience is comparable to a young hungry mind finding drugs for the first time. Things wild, untouchable, full of wonder, new things and taboo things. His presence is constantly prodding her apparently sheltered little brain. She keeps asking herself – you can do that? You can say that? – and then that small little wonderful voice in the back of her head says “Of course you can moron, you can do whatever you want.” Mind blown.

She snaps out of her epiphany and back into the present, chuckling. “Well, I'm pretty sure we all feast and drink...and as far as I know we do not have a resident old-man-that-does-nothing – everyone needs one of those. I'll certainly bring it up at the next meeting.” She watches his face while her voice grows silky and mischievous. “But you can leave the third horn out of it, I'm sure.” She laughs again and slashes her sparse little tail back and forth. She can feel her sides begin to hurt from giggling and laughing so much. “So. You can't fight. You can't heal and you're about as sneaky as a peg-legged burglar on tin roof.” Her nostrils flutter with a soft giggle and she slips her eyes to Enna for her input.

Phrixus has made himself irrelevant and moved off to hunt while his companion socialized and gushes like an idiot.

Image By PSILO!

No worries at all my dear. I'm not picky about that kind of stuff at all :p
@Albrecht @Enna

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(: