the Rift

[PRIVATE] pressure

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

See I've come to burn your kingdom down

A full moon raged above his head, bright and swollen orange. Soon the harvest time would end, and the winter would grasp the lands. There was a cold chill in his bones as he moved, his dragons already mentally pulling him toward their southern refuge. The twin reptiles quite liked the warmth of the desert. It was not surprising to him in regards to Gwyneverre, for her egg had been given to him on the sands of the Endless Blue, a place of warmth and mire. Brienne, however, had been acquired in the frozen north. Perhaps it was the plain fact that she was a dragon, that even though she was born in ice and breathed ice from her jaws, she needed warmth to survive. Whatever the case was, Abraham would make his way south in his time. First, he would fulfill his need to explore.

Abraham had not been to these caves in a very, very long time. Season had passed and the world had changed. There still was, however, a connection between him and this place. When the whole of Helovia had been forced down into these caves to live, he had been but a colt. When he devoured his Father's face-stealer in flames at the mouth of these caves, he had been but a colt. When he met the bickering women here and left them in silence, he had started to grow as a strong stallion.

Now, as he descended toward the crashing sound of the deep waterfalls, he was a hurricane of strength and darkness. The earth nearly shook at each step he took, nearly groaned with the force of his weight upon the stone. The behemoth and his reptiles sent all life scattering in fear beneath them as they travelled. Fire from Gwyneverre's jaws lead the way in the shadows, guiding them finally to a cavern where her services were no longer needed. Without hesitation, Abraham moved forward and he and his dragons drank their fill from the edge of the fall's pool. The wet, stone floor was gouged with scratches and some blood stained the walls from fights long past fought. Brienne imagined Abraham defeating an opponent here, and the thoughts swelled the stallion's chest. His queen was proud of him, and she quenched his fiery ire.

"Perhaps today, perhaps in time." He murmured to the gold, receiving a trill of pleasure as she and her white sister climbed onto his back.

[SUNKEN FALLS]

Image Credits

@Leliel

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
So much had changed, in the lands, the herds, the people - even within Amaris. The dragonmare had grown significantly again, changed from the young, angelic belle she was born as and warped into an insecure, worried maid, before finally accepting herself for everything she was - only to have death, grief and misery rock her world.

Amaris was used to her solitary life - she was not sure in herself whether she longed to have the semblance of family within a herd again, or to just walk the winding, unknown trail of an outcast indefinitely. But then, to have her mother, the queen that birthed her, the shadow who danced with her, torn away from this world, into the next.. It rocked the dragonmare, it chipped away at her usually strong core, her newfound self-respect and confidence, her acceptance of who and what she was - for was she not everything she was, a dragon-equine hybrid, because of her mother?

And now who was she - a dragonmare without a mother, without a home, with an absent sister and father, a cousin whom she loved dearly and never wanted to leave again (but did her cousin even want her around?) - she just was

Lost.

Alone.

But not necessarily lonely. As time passed, she found bits and pieces of herself. Though depression had left her feeling empty and hollow, she lived her days with her dragonsouls accompanying her always, and so felt and did as they did - most often they were happy, thrilled even at being brought back to the world of the living, and though they were sometimes dampened by the overwhelming sadness that poured off the dragonmare, they did help her see that life went on, even after death - and there was no reason for her to be dead just yet.

So Amaris wandered and explored the new lands that had been carved out of the earth, descending into the caves - she had not been here before. When the Wraiths came (and took her mother into their depths) she had fled the lands upon her wings alongside her father and sister, missing the entire catastrophe that unfolded as darkness descended across the lands. Molten pools viewed the intricate caverns for the first time with wonder and excitement glittering behind them, and with a white soul and a black one accompanying her, she continued on her venture.

She did not see the behemoth at first - though she smelt the remnants of smoke and fire - dragonfire, she knew, for it always smelt different to regular fire. As she rounded the bend in the trail, she saw the glowing ahead, and there beheld a sight that caused her to stop her steps but hold a smile upon her lips.

Another queen, she mused, as she observed the young queen and white dragon climb onto the stallion's broad back. They were young, all of them - though the stallion stood easily taller than her, there was a lankiness about him that spoke of his adolescence. And the dragons, dragons?!, she understood that once again, she had found a steed bonded to two - and another queen no less.

How many are there? she wondered to herself, as she stepped forward with crown dipped low and wings cast slightly out to the sides. A low hum, a purr, a musical greeting that was neither entirely equine nor draconic in origin thrummed from her gullet, even as the spirits who accompanied her today flitted and danced around her, through her legs, around her wings and tiara. They added their own song, their greeting to their living counterparts, in a joyous melody, seeking permission to approach, to meet, to learn and love and live once again.

@Abraham
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

In these caves, some time ago, Abraham had devoured a face-stealer in fire. It was before he had Brienne at his side, and he was but a colt. Gwyneverre lit the caves on fire and pushed the large stallion to a fear-filled flee. Abraham snorted, head lowering to scratch his ear against his knee. "I named myself then." He mused, lifting his head once more as his dragons filled the cavern with their delighted songs. Memories of destruction and fire and ice filled their shared minds, bouncing from dragon to hybrid to dragon. The stallion nearly shuddered as he thought of what the trio could do together. They could bring Helovia's destruction, if they so chose. All they needed to join them were Reginald and his harpies.

Gwyneverre and Brienne alerted Abraham to the oncoming hybrid before she revealed herself. Dark ears flicked down into his even darker mane, and his mismatched eyes narrowed as he rounded on the intruder. Although his face stayed like stone as he bore his gaze down on her, his mind reeled with the wonder of her appearance. She was elegant and strong--a mixture of scales and hair. Brienne was delighted. See! Horse and dragon become one! She hissed at her sister, a careful neener neener for the discouragement of the white for Brienne's desire for Abraham. The smaller, older sister rolled her eyes.

With a low, warning trill, both dragons opened their wings and puffed their chests. It was a display of their size and power, and smoke and frost fell from their respectful parted jaws. It was not entirely a threat, but merely a display of their shared dominance. While Brienne might have been the only golden queen between them, the shared bond with the leviathan brought Gwyneverre up in the gold's mind. Gwyneverre had never been a dragon to follow so closely to the hierarchy of her breed (unless with Tinek), having been known to attack commons.

Abraham did not speak, but as the dragon-girl danced her dance, Abraham arched his neck. Thick muscles bulged beneath his taught hide and he sidestepped, trotting around the moist cave. Moon amulets tugged and bounced in his mane, glinting in the low light. Twin dragons lifted from his back and glided low, blowing smoke and frost into the cave.

[SUNKEN FALLS]

Image Credits

@Amaris

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme

Dragons were prideful beings - Amaris, with a healthy dose of dragonsblood flowing through her veins and adorning her hide, was no exception. When the gold and the white rose and displayed their might to her, she reacted similarly - not threateningly, but merely showing who she was, what she was: a queen, by birth, by the scales that adorned her, by the dragon that resided within her breast, who made appearances at times like this, when her beauty and confidence were allowed to blossom and she became less Amaris and more simply a royal dragon. The nape of the mare curved, her chin brushed her scaled chest, and suddenly her legs seemed to float over the ground. The soul-lights that lingered with her twirled and danced, the smoke and fog that filled the cave became enlightened by their existence - they added their own smoke and flames for effects, as their soul-summoner danced below and betwixt their light-trails.

Amaris held little fear within her, for she was a capable being and knew her limits. That wasn't to say she was unaware of the risk this great hulking hybrid and his dragons posed - she merely hoped she was reading the situation right, and that this day within these caves was a time for dancing, for prancing and pounding a rhythm into the earth with their solid hooves and beating hearts. The stallion's pale forequarters gave her something to focus on as he pressed forward, the scales of his dragons shimmering in the low light and giving her another marker to guide her dance off.

Should the stallion find his eyes upon her face he would see a smirk curving her lips that would put her mother's own token expression to shame. Deviousness and delight filled her, fuelled her actions henceforth, at least for this day, she would dance, and live, demonstrate the queenly dragon that shimmers and glimmers upon her hide and within her soul. A gentle song, a laughing hymn, an angel's chime, purred from her throat, for every dance needs a musical accompaniment. With a swing of her tail, her whip extended, its platinum length sparkling and crackling as she gave it a sharp crack. A lightning flash seemed to fill the cave, and Amaris only continued her dance, a dragon amongst the smoke and fog and running water of the cavern wall.

@Abraham
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

The stallion had not danced in some time, in fact it was coming upon a year since his body had moved in such a remarkable way that was not battle. His normal movements were so captivatingly monstrous, so dangerously seductive with an underlying whisper of destruction and death. In this moment, dancing between stalagmite and stalactite, Abraham was truly a graceful mover. While each pounding step of his hoof made the earth nearly rattle, his mother was apparent on him. She had been the one to first teach him to dance, though it had been intended for battle. The mammoth's neck arched like Circe's, his tail flicking wildly between his strong, solid hocks. Pupils dilated in mismatched eyes, engulfing the green and blue hues. His eyes moved to watch the curve of the dragon-girl's lips before touching gently to her eyes for but a milisecond, before trailing over the enticing curvature of her scaled body.

Twin dragons continued to glide between the dancing hybrids, twisting and turning magnificently between the dragon-girl's phantom reptiles. The white dragon's pupils widened like her master's, and her body shook. Her whole body vibrated, scales and spikes making a low rattling sound. A purr, alluring and musty, from her belly grew and poured from her ajar maw. The golden followed suite, her down feathers spreading to let air flow through them like hollow reeds and create a soft, breezy sound. From her ice-leaking jaws came a song of brilliance, one only a queen could weave and unravel into the world. Abraham let his eyes wander from the hybrid woman to his dragons, watching them as they glided and danced like he was, with this stranger.

The last time Abraham had danced it had a bifold meaning, and it had been encouraged by Gwyneverre. It was when Brienne was but an egg in the frozen north and the leviathan stood, nearly victorious, with one other. Abraham had moved his body much like he was now, with twisting, trotting hooves and a dangerously curved neck. His heart, however, had broken as he danced. His dance was in the wake of his mother's death, her murder. His dance had been in mourning and in triumph--he had lost Circe but he gained Brienne because, in his dance, he was able to open his chest and spill out what little love he had for that glowing, twitching egg. The queen had chosen him over the equine mare that sang to her--because Brienne did not care for words, but for action. She was a queen, and all queens knew that words were deceitful, but the muscles never told an untruth. They were unable. Muscles and bones could only move in certain ways. They were good storytellers.

At the crack of a lightning whip, Abraham bucked his heels up and tossed his magnanimous head, thorny vines breaking through the solid ground of the cave and writhing upwards like dancing cobras.

[SUNKEN FALLS]

Image Credits

@Amaris

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme

In one turn, an eye of blue stared at her. In another, a green glint against the darkness held her golden form. It was cosmic, the dance they weaved across the stony floor. If each note they hummed, each step they danced, were a star in the sky, they would fill the universe with their dance, their spar of motion and feeling and passion.

The companions purred, deep and throaty, calling to the hybrids or commentating their moves, who knew - did he know? He was bound to them, another with two, the significance was not lost on Amaris - it called to her, her sensitivity to other dragons, can I even bond to one? In another soul, the significance of that question might have paused their motions, their actions might have wavered, hesitated; but in Amaris, the thought invigorated her, the mystery, the wonder of it all, inspired her body to twist and turn and writhe in a display of elegance, power, a demonstration of the blood that viciously, relentlessly pumped through her veins. The scent of sweat, the musk of motion and equine, dragon and unicorn flooded the cavern, and it was trimmed by the burnt, bitter taste of electricity and fire, of lightning and then the cool, scentless curiosity of ice and water and stone.

And then there were vines as well, the earth cracked and they grew to the ceiling, prodding to the heavens, risen from the hells below. The earthly scents erupted as suddenly as the vines themselves - Amaris was crossing the room when they erupted, and found herself facing them - her spiritual friends spiralled vertically around them, illuminating them for her even as she leaned back upon strong, solid haunches and stroked them with strange, foreign gentility and dextrosity. They entranced her, puzzled her - and then she continued on the dance, darting between them with the flick of her tiara and the great swinging of her tail - her whip crackled with bright and noisy sparks against one that tried to grasp her, to hold her and quieten her actions - none of that, she thought with a grin, nothing will stop this dance tonight.

@Abraham
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
I like being tagged!

Sweat formed on Abraham's body, for although the cave was only warmed by Gwyneverre's fire and the dragon-hybrid's whip, the stallion's temperature rose. The mammoth's body was tense even as he danced, and he was hyper-aware of every movement his muscles made. Oddly hued eyes watched as she encountered his vines, their thorny hands reaching out to grasp her only to be reprimanded by her whip. The son of hellion grinned darkly, the curve of his lips quite handsome in this mystic light of the Sunken Falls.

The behemoth turned, following the woman across the room. Vines fell from the ceiling, returning to their hellish home beneath the hardened stone of the floor. Abraham moved carefully but with all the power of his ancestors propelling him, and he sidestepped, meaning to brush his dark hide against her--against one of her wings, her haunches, or her side he cared naught. He just wanted to touch her and feel her warmth (or was she cold-blooded?) against his own fire. He grunted, tail flicking behind him as he turned again, this time away from her. Follow me, darling he seemed to taunt, his dragons twisting among her spirits.

Fire burned in the giant's belly, a raucous fire that threatened to turn into magma and pour from his throat and make his mouth open. This fire dared to devour him, and when it had taken him it would take her. The leviathan knew this fire and it's burning, and twice before he had let it overcome him. He had let the fire take what it wanted from the demure champagne, and the death-masked grullo. Something--perhaps the knowing prod from his twin dragons--told him this would be a quite different day indeed. "What do I call you?" He asked, another sudden turn making his haunches bunch and his muscles bulge beneath taut black skin. White forelegs lifted and he pawed the air, snorting again. His voice was not but a husky, musted whisper as he locked his eyes on her's.  

Image Credits

@Amaris

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme

The cavern held a chill to it - Orangemoon was upon them, turning ever closer into Frostfall, and they were underground; and yet, sweat darkened her pale, champagne pelt. It added a shine to her coat, a glitter that carried over from the golden scales that glimmered whenever the companions summoned enough breath of flame or frost to illuminate the area. The rhythm their hooves pounded into the earth below was an exercise all of its own, a physical activity that brought up raised heartbeats and heat and warmth, passion and life, it was pleasantly exhausting and wonderfully exhilarating at the same time.

The vines that had tried to seize her fell like so many dead things behind her - she wondered if it was magic of the horned creature, or magic of the caves that made it so; either way, she knew it was magic that had both summoned and destroyed the thorny things. Was it a smirk, a smile that curved the stallions lips in the weak light of the cavern? And if it was, why? What thoughts cascaded through his hellion crown to cause such a curl of lips, such an expression? Was it deviousness, cunning, dark plots or ploys that curved his dark velvet maw? Or was it simple enjoyment of the shared moment, the fire and frost, the dance, the life that sparked between them, that caused such an expression?

She'd never find out for certain, she knew, though she was surprised to see him near her. Lithe and limber, she could have shied from his approach; but Amaris was a dragon, and she did not fear him so much as know to hold a wariness of him and his actions, his dragons. So as he brushed against her, she made to reach out to him - his dark shoulder touched against her own, as her golden maw reached out to brush the thick, powerful curve of his nape. He was warm, as she was (for dragons are never cold), he was life, power, fire, he was her partner in this dance, even if only for the day.

He pulled away from her, and she did not hesitate - the companions were mingled now, spirits with living, singing and trilling, dancing and twirling - she followed his steps, stride for stride, beat for beat, motion for motion. He rose, and so too did she - her wings extended, they reached out to fill the cavern with a golden glow as the flames flickered through them and cast a false dawn upon the caves that had never seen the Sun. What do I call you? he questioned, he demanded of her, and her own draconic lilt laughed musically in reply, before her tongue shaped words that her body pounded out before him, continuing the dance, the tango.

"I am fire, I am passion," she hummed as she stepped lightly to the left, "I am lightning and truth," she continued, breathless with the life that filled her, the passion she twirled into the cavern surrounding them with the gentle beating of her wings and the purposeful pounding of her hooves. "I am life," she uttered softly against the constant thrum of the rushing water nearby. "The question is not what you call me, sir," she said as she turned to hold him in her gaze wholly and completely, face on, emboldened and proud. "But what you call yourself."
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Abraham
I like being tagged!