the Rift

[PRIVATE] blessings of the dark lady [Moon Goddess]

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune the Seer

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

The trek had been a long one, the misted green landscapes had peppered into lush thistle as he trotted onward. Illusionary creatures danced and pranced at his hooves, their delicate forms switched between deer and feline, preoccupied in making sure they stayed a stride ahead of their charge with gleeful abandon.

It had been a great blessing to have such wonder within his reach, and he'd miss them when they finally returned to the mist that formed them.

However, today, he would begin the journey to achieve a greater blessing.

A blessing directly from the Dark Lady herself.

Thistles eventually died and withered, silver eyes switched to the horizon and found it barren. Carved and heaved from molten rock that was laced blue heat. Odd, did his Goddess really have her shrine set in such...barren and bleak landscape? Alune let out a snort, she deserved more he concluded. Maybe that was just him, he had been blessed with a great temple dedicated to Lady. He had gazed and witnessed her great presence, how it wilted giants down to size with a mere glance. The Dark Lady did not need great height nor a giant display of her unimaginable power. She dealt in the shadows, she was the tendrils and mortal coil that sprang in everyone. Mortality, the wind that sheered the cliffs, the moon that pulled the tides in a silent lullaby. Her very darkness could suck the life from flame if she so wished.

For all that terrible power, she could also be benevolent and bountiful to those she found deserving.

She would reward the worthy and bless them.

So now he approached her darkened shrine, head lowered in reverence, the mighty crowns that he wore proudly brought low by his awe and wonder of his Goddess. The lunar sentinel hoped he too would prove again that her trust in him was not misplaced, as he had when she picked him for her Seer. He was worthy to be tested, and be rewarded. Alune could become more than the equine sinew he had been birthed as. Silver eyes transfixed on the blackened symbols as though he could read them, learn from them and know their meaning — trivial, and impossible but he tried.

Silver braids pooled across the obsidian ground, diamonds entwined between the strands catching in the blue hued light and giving him a halo of light.

A stark contrast to the muted palette he stood within.

"My lady," he called out to her, lapis hooves stilled in front of the dark shrouded symbol of her divinity "I require your blessing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using my VOTG Pass to quest for:

[magic :: active ] :: Dark x Fire :: Able to transform into a Silver Dragon. Transformation covers his whole frame in ice and shadows as he changes.
[restrictions] :: Gliding Rules apply & able to use Frost Breath once in battle.

Wishlist 

"talk talk talk"

Image Credit

@Mythical Request
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

"You didn't have to come all the way here."

Her voice broke through the stillness, and yet her svelte body was no where to be seen. "The Edge is our home, and as my Seer you may call me from there - unless of course..." Her body shimmered into appeared before him. Lilac and maroon tones danced in a silvery light all across her lithe form. The Seer was far taller than she was - and yet she did not appear small. Only graceful and delicately powerful. Her pale eyes seemed to glow with an inherent light as she apprised the man she had appointed not so long ago - and without any real justification - to this position. But the Goddess had always done as she had pleased - and for the most part, her actions always led to the consequences that she desired and intended. Alune's ascension was no different.

"...Unless you are here for personal reasons?" Her chiseled head tilted slightly as she regarded the marked stallion with a humour-filled patience. The Goddess' leonine tail curled elegantly around her, as she waited for a response. Oh, she could have peered into his mind and found there the information that she wanted to know, but it was so much better this way - better in the waiting, and the anticipation.

[He wouldn't be able to have ice breath. That would be an upgrade!]

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune the Seer

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Her voice is breathed into existence like the air that rolled off of the jagged rocks and tousled his mane gently in the wind. It reminds him that she is ever present. Ever seeing. Ever watching.  

The Goddess reminded him that he could call on her from their homeland, this he knows, of course. But when matters were more of a personal nature, something that weighted on the self-gaining side of life, it was best to take the matter outside of home and hearth. It was better that he stand here in front of her and ask where ears could not listen and others may feel the need to step in, not that he would of minded the company, but it was simply better to be alone.

Svelte and lilac hued body shimmered into his white orbs vision, and she is a vision in herself.  Call him a sinner, and declare it to the crowd for the way he momentarily appraised her delicately powerful frame before his eyes return to her chiseled face, lest she catch him and deem it too inappropriate that he gazed too long. Alune had many words he could choose to continuously thank her for raising him to his ascension, but he feels they would stifle the air between them and would be too paltry to offer the Goddess. Words are always pretty, they have desired effects on those that cannot read subtle undertones that betray their real intent. The Seer feels that it is better he show her he is able, and he is deserving of her magic. After a moment, scimitar styled horns raised themselves as he pulled himself to his full height to address the astral goddess.

"I am here for personal reasons, it would seem rather selfish of me to call you in our herd-land, when my desires are my own and not for the herd. I also wished to gaze upon your shrine with my own eyes." He explained, leonine tailed curled around his hocks with his words with the silver strands splaying across the cooled rocks. The night is silent, and the air is breezy and gentle from the spray of the sea, the shards in his mane and tail catch in the light and illuminate the silver strands with their precious light. 

"I wish to be of further use to you," he begins to explain, "I wish to be more than just your voice alone. I wish to be able to defend and bring justice to those who would mark your name and harm your herd-land." His words are thoughtful, as they picked apart the long lines of words that sang in the halls of his mind. Never once do they falter, they are strong and confident. In both his choice and the all-powerful being that he stands before. He wishes to be a Paladin on silvered wings, to call upon primal energies of Draconian heritage to incite hesitation and fear to those he called his enemies. Who called the Edge their enemy. "I wish to take this body of  mine and transform it into something more...of scales and claws, teeth and wings. A Dragon who answers your call."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using my VOTG Pass to quest for:

[magic :: active ] :: Dark x Fire :: Able to transform into a Silver Dragon. Transformation covers his whole frame in ice and shadows as he changes.
[restrictions] :: Gliding Rules apply.

That's fine! :D

Wishlist

"talk talk talk"

Image Credit

@Mythical Request
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess, of course, did not mind the way his eyes scoured and trailed up and down her body. Her beauty was one of her greatest gifts - a trait that seemingly only her flaming brother shared. Neither the Spark nor the Earth were much to look at ... oh, each were in their own ways. But neither inspired the sort of jaw-dropping lust that she and her golden counterpart did. The Goddess would pleased that Alune was not immune to such charms and wiles. She would remember that...

"Ah yes ..." She purred, allowing her pale gaze to wash over the decrepit and lonely stones. A few flowers grew here and there, but other than that, the Veins were a poor reminder of what they once were. "It used to be different here, you know." She remarked, her voice sounding off handed as she fell into a recollection of what once was. "This place used to be alive with our spirits, and we dwelt here often. Now, only the dead do-" Her gaze completed its survey landing finally on the trees which had grown after she had 'killed'. So many still didn't understand that need. But it didn't matter, the outcome which had always needed to pass, had.

The Goddess' svelte ears swivel led to catch the wishes and desires of her seer, and indeed, her gaze grew more raptuous and intrigued as he spoke. She knew that she had selected him well, and this intuition was only further foundationalized as Alune reported that what he wanted was to be a sigul of her - a reaper of justice and defender of her lands. Yes ... you will be, she thought with an inward hum and an approving smile.

"A body of such power as the one you seek ... It is you who must be strong enough for it. I will need evidence that you are, before such a gift will be granted. Find two with the ability to transform. Learn from them what their weaknesses in their forms are, and figure out how to use this against them. Then - " An inky breeze wafted from beneath the Goddess wing, carrying one of her amulets. "Use this, and teach yourself how to fly. Because your body is not suited for flight from birth, your attempts will be ... less than optimal. But it is better to learn now, than fall from the skies as a dragon. Do you understand me?"

Alune must find two others with transformation magic, learn their weaknesses (specifically pertaining to transforming/being in a different form (i.e. Is their transformation painful, do they lose their powers, are they weaker) and figure out how to use this against them (in a spar, or just strategically speaking in terms of the Edge). Then use the Moon Amulet she gave him, capture the magic of someone who can transform into something flighted, and practice flying! Someone can either help him/teach him, or he can do it on his own.