the Rift

The Elder [Mirage]

Keegan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Keegan
the old and wise

Gigantic hooves hit the crispy grass gently. Smokey breath circled a washed out onyx nose. Jet black mane shook around aged ears. He groaned in agony of such a long search. Keegan claimed to the fog as if he knew where he walked. Leonine tail lashing feriously at the thickened hocks of his built frame. Using the advantage of cloven hooves he gripped at the earth as if he owned it. Eighten years of life may have claimed his youth beauty but he was still as fit as some 10 year olds. One thing he gained beyond many others was knowledge, lots of it, intellegence and wise words.
A sharpened black thorn rest upon his face, a protrudence that threatened to take the very lives of those who stepped through it. In his youth he had times, stories now, ask and he will tell. Keegan though, tends to avoid such destruction anymore. Now he seeks a home, a tough sturdy enviornment where he can share his knowledge and make many true friends. With a breath deep tenors, that were raspy from weary travel, floated "Ah, where is company when you need it?" Questioning and lonely. Walking further, seventeen hands of brute force dragged agingly.

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
It was predictable, really. The moment you get yourself a herd, the strangers come running, anticipating shelter and family and god knows what else despite it being the middle of winter. And why? What did we owe them, they who had not fought beside us, shed and lost blood for the comfort of borders that really, nobody even knew the true location of? Why did we own the privilege of calling a place 'home', simply because the ground was rank with our blood and dimmed by our hooves? I sighed, and only the trees heard me, for Kali was off hunting, and the remainder of my 'herd' seemed intent on familiarizing themselves with their new cathedral of trees.

Ah, and there it was, the scent of strangers and the crunch of leaves. It was a lonely sound, one set of hoofbeats in the still of the Edge, a sliver of movement barely perceptible in the shadows. I watched it, pausing in my own ambling, staring indifferently as the form materialized into that of a great black stallion, a long and slender horn silhouetted atop his drooping head. One of the defeated, come to pay their tribute and beg for mercy? A late arrival to the party, who will look on us with fury when he finds his kin gone and the land overrun?

No. Just a newcomer, mumbling about not being able to find company. For a second I consider leaving him to his loneliness, and then I remember Mirage, the herd, the whole damn reason I'm here in the first place - my new kin. I suppose I have a duty to them, a task of investigating the newcomers into our mighty kingdom, screening them to see if they prove worthy of joining our ranks. To them, and, if I'm honest, to my own curiosity, that now will not let me tear myself away from the prospect of fresh blood. With a sigh of the long-defeated, I step towards the approaching stranger, wincing at the pain in my torn belly and chest.

There is no introduction, no simple thought, only the response to his mournful query. "I have only found company truly necessary when on the brink of insanity. Tell me, are you insane?" Sparks of humor tickle subtle fringes at my voice, atop a bland and sincere curiosity. If he was insane... well, that would certainly be interesting. If not, then there was always the chance he wasn't easily offended, either.

[ ooc || hope you don't mind ]

Keegan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Keegan
the old and wise

It was quite obvious the smell of a mare becoming more and more familiar to his nares. A quick sweep of his black eyes led a trail straight to her. She was silver and dark, with that of a moon shaped on her hide. No doubt she was quite the looker but Keegan had no intentions for such care to the female. His attention rested on the words she spat. So curiously and teasingly from her tounge. Keegan landed his last cloven hoof upon the ground and stood still. His massive form drowning hers. With a breath he inhaled, and spoke, "Far from such a drop in mentality my dear." he smirked. Although a few curious questions himself landed a blow to his mouth "Is it you who is insane, not finding comfort in the presence of her own kind? After all we are herd bound creatures."
Throwing forth facts behind his question. Keegan lowered his head. Nostrils flaring to suck in the scents of freezing grass. Snow beginning to trickle in flakes, every now and then. Breeze that could send your bones running trickled between the warmth of his legs. A shiver blowing up his spine. With a thick coat and much muscle mass you'd think his blood would boil with warmth but no, his age decieved him.

[ooc- Oh, I do not mind at all(: lol]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

"Is it considered insanity to long for solitude?"

The query seemingly came from the trees surrounding the pair, the voice was clear, strong and lined with power. It was accented, a unique, exotic curl that indicated its well-travelled nature. The sister to the voice held a similar accent, one that spoke of lands of eternal twilight, and a vast multitude of lands in between. A golden dragon, miniature in size compared to fabled, traditional dragons, but with a flame just as hot able to spew forth from her scaled maw, flew in the trees above, calling a gentle warble to the familiar gryphon below.

It was then that footsteps might have been heard, and the figure of a dark, shadowy creature dropped her illusionary veil to stand, with an arched nape, a gentle, yet guarded expression upon her façade. A small glance, with affection evident behind those golden eyes, was spared for the sister whose hide held the silver streak of moonlight, and golden spatterings of sunlight upon her hide. Then the careful, guarded politeness returned as the WeyrLeader considered this stallion.

"What brings you to the World's Edge, stallion?"

The directness of her query was unusual, at least if one were to look at this mare a handful of season ago. But time had aged the mare, not only in her body, but her mind had been tried and tested, and come out on top - the very top. She was a leader now, and with that responsibility, she felt the need to drop her cryptic ways, at least when it came to herd matters. With those who gained her trust, she would allow her playful side to return, but otherwise, things had been forced to change.