the Rift

[OPEN] Running all the red lights

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
ampere</style>

Ampere moved through the greenery of the area with a quiet inspection. She took the patrol as a moment of peace, relieved to let the desert lay behind them and all the weight of its duties. Despite the fact this was one of them, it felt lighter somehow, different for its foreignness and time spent reveling in the company of her herd mates that too often she didn't have the moments to spare. Given the arrival of not just one, but two more foals to the rather inexperienced mother's side, a yearling still suckling here and there as well, absolute confusion wrought amid her heart, and a new pulse thudding alongside her soul, Ampere was exhausted. All of this following on the tail of protecting the realm from alien gods, of course.

All in a day's work she thought with a wry smile, able to find humor now that most of it was behind her. It had been anything but funny during the mess of it all, but now she sighed, the exhale like a shake that loosed the old dried mud into dust and dirt back on the ground. "Ranjiri, Nephele!" she called out, not sure where the others had gotten to after all this time of moseying around. She normally flew her patrols, but the forest got so thick it was pointless and she'd wanted to stop for some respite and grazing anyway before they headed home.

"Find anything interesting?" she called out again, making conversation as her gaze scoured the shrubs. There was little sign of horses about, which wasn't bad for a patrol, but action always made it go faster and kept her mind from wandering to places better left alone. 
           I CAME HERE TO PARTY AND MESS SHIT UP.</style>

image credits

@Nephele @Ranjiri open to any and all! I left it vague too in case Tae or Grusha wanted to say they tagged along or snuck along?

IDK if you guys saw my secret board post, but I was thinking to make this more interesting they could do a 3 way 1 v 1 spar, or a 2 v 1, or just no spar and do NPC? Or just none of that and do talking like normal :D either is fine. I did look to see if there were any threads we could crash but none really seemed to work - IDEK if Ranjiri will post actually since I see you made a thread already here which counts towards your patrol requirement - if not I'll just edit you out. Nothing says we all have to do the patrol together after all :P

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

"Ampere! Well met. Things are quiet here." Came the obisidan mare's reply before he broad body appeared, wings tucked tight against her barrel, letting her odd coloured eyes greet Ampere with respect and warmth. There was no denying Neph wasn't fond of being in tight situations where she couldn't spread her wings, this grove that smelled all too richly of musk, was filled with entwined trees did just that — snuffed out her ability to be airborne. Soon as this patrol was over, no doubt they would find themselves a suitable take off point and enjoy the rich expanse of the sky as they flew home. "For now." She added after a drawn moment, there was no use in denying that in Helovia, things could go from serene to extreme in the drop of a hat.

"Nothing interesting, unless you count the smell of stallion." She commented with a hint of amusement coming from her chest and barrel, long ombre'd tail swished across the rich grass as she spoke. "Which is only interesting because the sheer amount of it makes my nose shrivel." Nostrils crinkled in emphasis to her statement, she's thankful, at least that she has Ampere as part of her patrol, the thunder marked mare is someone she can look up to and hope to emulate and make proud to be a herdmate with. The women of the throat who all stood as warrior sisters, those that stood both present and past in turn had all the fiery passion of the Dragon in their hearts.

"Did you find something?" The amazonian mare inquired, she hoped Ampere had had better look in entertainment rather than spending a marry patrol drowning in Eau de Stud.

@Ampere @Ranjiri

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I heard Ampere's voice as it rang through the Grove as she called my name and another mare's. It was my first time patrolling with either of them and I felt a sort of pressure, a weight on my back because I was patrolling with Ampere. The mare was strong and capable and dangerous, which was everything that I wasn't. It made me wonder why she'd put me in her patrol. Wouldn't she rather patrol with her warriors? They would certainly be of more help if we ended up having to fight something.

When I finally reached where Ampere stood waiting Nephele had already arrived. I remembered her from when she found me and Thantos talking on the outskirts of the Throat. "Hello Nephele," I greeted her with a small smile and a nod of my head. "Ampere." Both of the mares were fighters, warriors and standing there with the both of them made it even more obvious how out of their league I was. I shook my head in response to Ampere's question that followed. It was actually the first trip to the Grove where I didn't find something or someone. First it had been Rhoa, then Ivezho. Part of me had hoped that I would find someone else that had disappeared from my life, but I couldn't continuously be that lucky.

"It does smell pretty strong." I agreed when Nephele commented on how heavy the scent of stallion was. I'd never really noticed it before in the couple of trips I'd taken there, but I'd always been preoccupied with something else to notice. "Should we split up to keep patrolling? Or should we stay together?"

"."

You won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
Close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly

aud pixel!

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
ampere</style>
Nephele's cry drew Ampere's attention, her head bobbing in return of greeting. Shortly there after though she let loose a whopping laugh, the sound shaking her feathers into noise. Amid the gut-splitting mirth Ranjiri crept in as well, her own comment keeping Ampere going. "I do count that interesting. Besides, it's not only them that's to smell here, takes two after all." She gave a knowing wink while a smirk grew on her features, her laughter quieted for now but it still shone in her eyes, dancing with mischief and delight.

"Nothing much besides the aroma I'm afraid, unless we're of the mind to catch one in the act. Who knows what sordid affairs might be ripening here." Was knowing who fucked who something useful? Not being much of a spy Ampere couldn't say, but she supposed given the right individuals, it could be a strong enough tool to break someone. Passion, of the loins or otherwise, drove a horse to depths they had never before attained, something Ampere did know well. Surely there were secrets to ferret out here, and if not, at the very least a solid scare to give some unsuspecting couple. The mischief glinted now in her rueful smile.

"Or," she went on, "We could take the time to train some skills." Although sleuthing and scaring seemed like fine ideas, she supposed sparring was too, and a bit more up her alley. "Not those skills, but the grounds are nice footing, perfect place to stretch out and spar if you've the mind? Her gaze was naturally drawn to Nephele, a warrior of hers, and one whose spar with her had finished faster than she liked.
           I CAME HERE TO PARTY AND MESS SHIT UP.</style>

image credits

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.