[PRIVATE] Let there be Peace

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
His attention, so focused on the delicious smelling man beside him, vaguely registered the bush of a familiar gaze on his skin. First one ear swiveled towards the sensation, then both ears, then his entire, heavy head swung to find the holder of such caressing eyes. Though, truly, his mind already knew to whom the eyes belonged.

Cobalt met cerulean. A porcelain, black lined face dipped, glowing in beauty, despite the nervous flick of her ear. His own remained perked, straining towards her as she spoke— drinking their fill of this woman, of his Rexanna. He had last seen her broken, by himself— but now she was incandescent in the evening light. His eyes drank her in, he was a starving man at a feast. The glow of her golden splashed skin, the softness of her cream locks, the golden chains (his gift) that glittered over her face, no detail was too small for the sweep of his navy gaze. Then, as the initial shock of her appearance left him, and his nostrils remembered to take a breath, the shame of their last encounter came crashing down onto his massive shoulders.

But, in the presence of the tree and the presents it bequeathed to all present, it was impossible for the guilt, sorrow, or pain to remain within the Elephant. They faded in the warm light and soft snow dust, delicate tinkling of bells erasing the tension that had leapt into his massive body. “Rexanna…” his low voice was soft, sounding her name tenderly as his great head nodded in answer to her question. He paused, a silence stretching as he hesitated to voice his next words that were quiet and filled with some kind ache, “I’ve missed you.” His neck and nostrils quivered, the first fighting the urge to reach out and wrap around her warm body, the latter trying to find her scent of lilies and sunshine.
My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image | table

@Rexanna set after the Giving Tree. Sorry about the delay, but I'M SO HAPPY FOR THIS THREAD. Pardon the cheese <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
He looked to me and I was able to catch that beautiful sapphire gaze of his. I offered him a small smile, but the time seemed to slow between us. I heard the slight jingling of bells in the background but all I could focus on was him. I began to forget about the turtle, the adventure, the pregnancy; all I saw was him. I stepped closer to him, head lowered slightly in a slightly bashful gesture until I grew close enough to hear his hushed whisper of near hurt. "I've missed you." My heart fluttered with his words and I dipped my head to him in return. I reached out for him, extending my neck to the Elephant, hoping he'd take my gentle touch.

"I've missed you too Temb." I breathed to him softly, warm breath reaching out for him. I gave him another smile as my gentle blue gaze danced along his battered pelt. He had seen better days, where I had seen worse days. I wondered how everything was going on in his life, how the Edge was treating him, how life was going for him after I had done my best to keep him off of my mind. It proved difficult for me. In every situation I seemed to catch myself thinking of him. Regardless if it had anything to do with him, it always ended up back to him.

"How has the Edge been treating you? I've recently got promoted to the lead of my rank." I admitted to him, beaming at the fact that I had made myself proud and stronger than the last encounter we had. I was unsure if he knew what my rank was, but I knew that I would tell him if he asked. I tilted my head slightly to him, urging him to tell me everything that had happened since the last time we met. Forgetting about the baby I had growing in my barrel. Forgetting about the gaze of Ashamin as he looked toward me with a tenderness only a father could show.

"Talk."
My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image credits

@Tembovu , AH <33333333
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
“I’ve missed you, too,” her soft scent breathed to him; her delicate, velvet muzzle an answer to unknown prayers— he hadn’t known how she felt… he had shattered something between them, could time heal the wounds he had caused? Could he?

With the pain he had inflicted fresh in his mind, he gently leaned into her soft touch; his own, broad muzzle lipping through her silken, cream locks to find the golden skin beneath them. Tenderly, yearningly, his thick lips brushed against the soft satin as his nares took in the smell of lilies. Carefully, slowly, he breathed warm air against her neck, as if his gentleness could undo all the wounds from the Isles’ battle.

But, he knew it couldn’t.

An ear flicked towards her head she spoke again, a melody in harmony with the tinkling bells. Though the Elephant paid little mind to their surroundings— all could be watching or all could have left. It didn’t matter. Promoted to lead of her rank? A smile replaced the surprised ache on his face, lips brushing once more against her before he drew his great head back and away in order to see her face. (Truthfully, it was because such touches, such closeness, with his gilded princess were too much; he could not focus on her words when the warmth of her flesh and sweetness of her scent flooded his senses.)

“Lead of your rank? The Basin would be foolish not to,” bass rumbles quietly from his barrel, though his head cocks ever so slightly as he realizes, “Though I don’t think you’ve ever told me your rank before, my lo— Rexanna.” A pang shoots through him as he quietly corrects his term of endearment to her name… She is ‘his love’ no longer.

Head, dropped to from his great height to be level with hers, moves marginally higher as he thought of how his time away from Rexanna had treated him. The shiny skin of the scars on his shoulder had finally toughened, the bruises of his knees and ribs had finally healed. He had long, lonely nights, gradually growing colder with the change of season. An elephant of molten rage had ripped from his very skin and exploded in fury. He had led a meeting, seen and coveted the hatching of a friend’s companion, and gazed with envy upon the birthing of a friend’s foal. He had touched, and lusted, after the skin of a celestial mare— but thoughts of Rexanna had pushed him away… And he had seen a King dethroned and humiliated by a Goddess.

He sighed quietly to himself, before simply saying, “The Edge has treated me well,” (it would be better with you there, “I am now King.” He let the words, which held more weight than he realized, fall between them. His mouth opens, unbidden, to once again invite (plead) her to join the Edge. But he snaps his lips close, more heaviness growing in his barrel as the more diplomatic and savvy parts of his mind realize that now, with her being a top ranking in the Basin, there is even more reason for her to stay in the snow-capped mountains.

Sapphire eyes, loosing their earlier glow and becoming darker by the minute, leave her beautiful face and fall to the earth. Despite having yearned to see his princess, too much sadness was beginning to swell at seeing her beautiful face, “Rexanna, I…” Low words trail into the silent shadows and now silent night, uncertain as to what they want to say.
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.

i missed your skin when you were east
I instantly melted at his touch, I felt the world begin to disappear around us even further than it had previously been. All the ache and pain I felt in my heart when it came to him seemed to disappear, but was replaced with a small change of regret in knowing that I had this child that I carried with me. I figured when that news came out, all chances of us ever being together were over. I had assumed he moved on with the child from that gray mare from the Edge, so perhaps we were truly destined to live without one another. After all, it’s possible to have multiple soulmates, even if they aren’t lifelong. I figured that’s what we were. Soulmates to teach us that we could move on from our previous lives, changing each other, molding each other, growing with each other.

But it couldn’t last. I wanted it to, but things were changing so rapidly that I barely had time to figure things out in my own life, let alone worry about how a relationship would work between the two of us. Herds away, miles, terrain, too far for anything to really come of it. And I knew deep down that neither of us were willing to give up the things we strived for, the positions we held, just to be hopelessly in love with one another.

His voice filled my ears as his touch felt like gentle butterflies landing on my pelt. I realized I had closed my eyes beneath his touch, only to open them to find the elephant stallion’s head tilted briefly, questioning me on what my actual rank was. That’s when I realized I hadn’t even told him anything of my life here in Helovia, and yet I seemed to know everything of his. Though as he finished, I noticed the stutter, blinking at him almost numbly, uncontrolled, smile faltering slightly but nodding to him and doing my best to not let it affect me. “I don’t think I have either. I’m the lead Thief now.” My voice chimed to him as I studied his face, blue eyes staring in the curiosity of what his reaction would be. To learn that such a noble man had fallen in love with a spy.

At this point his head dropped toward mine, telling me that he was now the King of the Edge. Now I knew that there would be no hope of either of us giving up what we had. Especially him. He was the King, the leader of an entire herd. Who would give that up for such a stupid thing as love? I was too proud of getting promoted to being the first hand woman to the leads in the Basin, that I watched him mindlessly, heart shattering in knowing that we’d never become anything unless either of us gave something up. We were both too stubborn and proud to give something like this up for each other, regardless of how badly I wanted to. The feeling of the foal within my barely showing barrel reminded me of the heartbreak of it possibly never working out after all.

His eyes grew heavy and dark with a weight that we both felt and expressed beneath the bells and whistles of the Giving Tree. My eyes dulling as well, losing their spark, losing their shine. I felt my soul losing them also, but maybe this is what we both needed. Closure. An official end to move on. If only it was as easy as it sounded.

Rexanna, I…

No.” I interjected, eyes growing stern as I studied the King’s face. “I’m sorry.” (for being a slut, for breaking your heart, for making you do things you didn’t want to do, for my existence. “We’ve both done things we regret, it’s what makes us – well, us. It’s something we can either take or leave. Whatever weight the Universe threw at us to be together has no matter in this.” My voice held a more strict tone to it, but my eyes softened toward the end of my speech, ears flittering to him. “Take it as you will.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Tembovu I CANT DO IT ;-;

I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
“I’m lead Thief now.” The smallest crinkling in the skin around his eyes belied the frown he kept from covering his face as she spoke the words. A weight, either already there and growing heavier or just now becoming extant, stealthily began to weight in the bottom of his massive barrel. When he had first laid eyes upon his Rexanna, at the Threshold and later at the shore, theirs had been a connection of candor, sincerity, and honesty.

Well.. perhaps no ‘honesty.’ Since Rexanna had pledged to be his while still being held as Caleb’s sex slave. And perhaps no ‘candor.’ Since he had withheld the fact that his initial attraction to Rexanna had been because of her resemblance to Mara, his dead love.

But there had been sincerity. He had meant every word, every facial expression, every feeling experienced around her. The depth of some had, in hindsight, alarmed him. Too passionate, too rushed, too much. But it had been sincere. Until now, until he spoke the words, “Lead Thief? Congratulations,” on a tongue that was suddenly re-gilded with the ease of lies in his past life. His inner beast shivered in glee at its sudden usefulness while his mind scrambled, trying to catch up with the events that were unfolding. The weight in his barrel was grown— an omen that he was trying to work out…

But it was difficult, despite all transpiring, in the face of her skin, her scent, her beauty. Despite being pushed to mount another woman— one of his soldiers, no less— and reawakening his demons with a fervor he still had yet to fully comprehend; despite all of this, he was still captured by the gilded princess before him. Her words, a siren’s song, slipped and wove his mind into a fogged remnant of a King’s head. Even her tone, which further leadened this amorphous burden in his barrel, did not elucidate his brain just yet.

Yet there was a weight in her apology, a weight that he felt as it slipped into his ears. There was so much to apologize for: Caleb, Nyx, the battles, the babes that weren’t his (did Rexanna know? He needed to tell her). When had their bond become filled with more apologies than affection? More pain than passion?

At some point his gaze had slid up from the earth, drifting over her body as she spoke ominous words of heavy consequences that a mind clawed and scrambled to process their deeper meanings. There was an undercurrent to this conversations— as all meaningful conversations are wont to have— that spoke the truth. Their words were just fillers, phrases to carry idle and insignificant colloquialisms. The undercurrent of their tones, the ebb and flow of sentiments— that is where the true substance of these crucial conversations exists. And the mind, the poor solid organ, struggles and scrambles to grasp and understand such fleeting and indefinite truths.

The weight grew heavier.

“It’s something we can either take or leave.” “I don’t think I could ever leave you, Rex,” the words, soft and deep, were pushed out of his mouth by the heaviness in his barrel. But they were candid, sincere, and honest words. Even if he wanted to leave her, as painful as these encounters were becoming, her memory was going to haunt him. Just as Mara’s and Faxr’s.

Finally his eyes left their gaze at the meeting of her delicate jaw and slender neck, slipping to her own, cerulean gaze. The eyes of a lover, of a liar. Of a princess, of a Thief. They were eyes that had known loss as poignant as his own; but they were also eyes that were weighed with deceptions as black as the liner around them. “Take it as you will.” Something shuttered through his gaze, something dark and hard. “We’ve done enough to hurt each other,” the low words came gruffly, almost unwillingly, from his throat, “That is something I will take from from this.”

He paused, no longer able to ignore the solid weight in his barrel that suddenly made the Elephant want to drop. But he did not. He stood, the burden mercifully silencing his demons. “I will also take your beauty, your light, and your tenderness. These are things I hope you recognize in yourself, Rexanna, for they made me a better man while around you,” the low voice was rough as he paused, taking a deep breath, “But I will not take your love. For you must give that to someone who holds your heart and I—” he swallowed, jaw clenching as he looked over her shoulder, no longer able to hold her eyes, “—I am not that man.”

Silence. No bells, no gifts. No peace.
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Lead Thief? Congratulations.” I heard him speak to me, ears flickering and heart pounding with a sense that he was covering something. Perhaps that reaction should have been something I expected, but like always when it came to Tembovu, it was one of the last things I expected. I knew how bad it sounded. I knew how painful it would seem to him, to learn that perhaps I had used him for intel for the Basin, but that’s not what it was. That’s not what this feeling was. It was something unlike anything else I had ever known, and likely would ever know again. I shifted my weight, eyes dancing across his face and striped body, a heavy sigh finding its way past my lips.

My heart pounded with a pain that wasn’t anything like what I knew from our last interaction. It wasn’t that pain of jealousy and regret that I knew I had caused him as well prior to his mishap with that gray mare’s child. It was different now, a full weight pressing down like thousands of spiked boulders into my heart. I felt numb, aside from that pain. Unsure of how to continue on. “I know how it sounds. If you would trust me like you did when we first met, you would know that I would never use you for anything.” I spoke to him, tone still stern in hoping he would trust me on this.

I felt the silence begin to grow. I contemplated on speaking but as I went to open my mouth, his words filled the air. “I don’t think I could ever leave you, Rex.” My eyes fell to the ground, knowing that I could never leave him either but silently knowing that his answer wasn’t the one I was looking for. I flickered my ears in uncertainty as my blue eyes scanned the ground briefly trying to figure out just how to even respond to that. I didn’t want to give him false hope and cause more hurt, but the torment we caused each other with this affair was enough that I couldn’t seem to bear it anymore.

We weren’t perfect, and I like to think that we were learning it slowly over every dramatic encounter we endured with one another. We showed our resilience, our perseverance. I remembered the pain in his eyes as I mistook him for Calstron, the pain in his words as he told me that Nyx’s child might be his, the feeling of his blue eyes boring holes into my skin as I threw myself recklessly at these Rift Gods. The pain I had caused him without realizing it every step of the way when all he had wanted was to be a gentleman. To be mine.

His gruff voice filled the air once more as I stood, blindly staring at him. Silently agreeing with how much we had heart each other, and how he would take it from this. I felt my head bob to him, nodding in a quiet agreeance. However, he paused until he spoke of all the things I found to be flaws. Beauty comes with great consequences, ones that I couldn’t handle right. My light came from such a dark past that it was hard to even see the end of the tunnel anymore. My tenderness that had grown from horrible previous encounters. He told me that he hoped I recognized them and I nodded briefly. How they made him a better man, I didn’t know. “I will take your compassion, your pride, and your spirit with me. I want you to know that if it weren’t for meeting you in the Threshold when you got yourself stuck in that tree, that I would have no idea what real love felt like.” My voice was soft and I offered him a weak smile with it, speaking of the tree incident when he first arrived.

Yet when he spoke again, it was the answer I was looking for, but I felt my heart shift in a million different places. I felt a fire start within me, it began to vindicate me of my our problems. It grew ablaze and I watched as the world turned in slow motion before my eyes. The thought of him thinking that he wasn’t the man to take my heart felt like ripping me in two. I wanted to scream at him, to tell him that where he thought these issues were his fault were all wrong. I wanted to tell him that he was the only one I had ever truly felt the words love for. The only one that I could see growing old with. The only one I could see bearing children to – and yet here I was bearing anothers child. I obviously learned nothing from being with Tembovu, and for that I deserved to suffer for it.

Blue eyes sharply stuck to the skull of the Elephant. Every encounter we had both been at flashing before my eyes, the good and the bad. “That’s where we differ, Tembovu. I want you to take my love. But my love is tainted. It’s everything in all the wrong places. I want you to have everything you deserve, everything I’m not. A man so noble and gentle deserves a creature that can complement that, not be the polar opposite. You are not the man for me because I don’t deserve you” The words escaped me like a flood. My face grew hot and I withdrew from him, stepping back briefly with no control over my notions. “You deserve the world. I wish I could have been the one to give it to you.

I lifted my head now, watching him briefly. “I don’t know where our lives will take us now, but I hope that we can at least see each other now and then. I hope you find a mate that can treat you like Mara had, have children to grow old with like Faxr could have.” I breathed their names with a release. I felt like I was letting go, but I wasn’t prepared. Not yet. “In the meantime, I’ll stick to proving myself back home. I only hope to ever be as successful as you, even with expecting –” I cut myself off then, blue eyes watching him as I felt the fire grow within my body, sparking and electrifying.

I turned from him, shutting my eyes hard against my heated face. “I – I don’t know what’s happening.” I whispered, but loud enough above the buzz of the bells that seemed to disappear in the entire event that unfolded around us. I lowered my head, hovering it above the ground where my golden horn fell perpendicular to the sky. The heat grew and my horn sparked and cracked with electricity and fire briefly until something in my body prompted me to release the feeling I had gathered. I let out a sharp puff of air, opening my eyes to see the wonder of my sparking horn. I was terrified, I thought I was going to burst. I felt the electricity within me, the heat burning on my face, until finally –

BANG

I watched, jaw falling open, as the feeling escaped my body. It took off like a rocket to the sky, red and golds resembling fire flying up into the air. Then, another bang. Showers of red and gold sprinkled down over the gathering, blue eyes staring in fright over what had just happened. I turned to look at the Elephant King, speechlessly wondering if he saw it too.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

Omg it’s all over the place @Tembovu

I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
Despite the great scale of his internal struggle, he was still so incredibly attuned to her. So when a heavy sigh pushed passed her lips at his congratulatory remarks, he knew those masked eyes had seen through his words. Part of him was glad— for at least some part of this ruse that was becoming ‘them’ was stripped away. At least there was some honesty, some truth, being spoken rather than just voicing words that were ‘right.’

And then she assured him, lovely voice vowing that she wouldn’t “use him,” that he should “trust her” as they did when they first met. Thick ears tilt backwards, away from the sounds that were undoing so much while trying to repair even more. And her voice, it was losing its grasp in his mind— the Elephant’s weight slicing through the fog of her… seduction? attraction? similarity to the love of his past? Whatever hold she had had, it was slipping away. And he realized, in the brunt of her stern words, “You are not the same woman that I first met.” You are not the woman I met and fell in love with.

That was a woman of light and beauty and whispered truths on sea-foam shores. That woman was fiction, what his mind had wished to perceive. This Rexanna, who stood before him, was a woman of deception and hidden veracities. A lie about Caleb, concealing she was a spy, rejecting his home for a racist herd. His eyes closed at the overwhelming turn his realizations had taken— they were wounded, ugly thoughts polarized by the loneliness that both threatened and plagued.

But, unfortunately, thankfully the ugly parts of his soul had abandoned him in the weight of this burden that grew. So these hurtful words were not spoken, but poisoned his ears against her next onslaught of words. “Real love.” Dark eyes leapt to flame, smoldering— this was not ‘real love.’ Not to the Elephant. A real and honest love did not come fraught with lies, nor did ambition’s growing roots crack and splinter it apart. Again, he does not say these things. Again, his demon has deserted him.

You are not the man for me because I don’t deserve you… You deserve the world. I wish I could have been the one to give it to you.” Only now does the hardness that had befallen him crack. Only now do her words, that were battering against walls created by both of them, slip through and reweave ideas in his mind. His eyes swing to her. “You could have been my world,” a simple, quiet truth. “I would have taken you as you are. Not ‘tainted’ or ‘undeserving.’ But a woman with a past, who has lived a life that left scars. There is no shame in that, I—”

But his words are cut off as she speaking, saying their names, names of his own scars. It is too much— ears pin and gaze narrows before looking away. Searching for escape? solitude? He doesn’t know. “Rexanna, enough.” Pain makes his deep voice loud, hard, and booming over her words. His gaze, staring into the fading tree, does not see the sparking horn. His ears, pinned flush with his great skull, do no hear the crackling electricity.

BANG.

His body leaps, instinctively shifting in front of the gilded princess. To protect her, despite all that had transpired. He realizes, after his initial shock, that the source of the sound had erupted from her own horn. His wide-eyed gaze moves to meet her own, surprised stare. Thick hide twitches as the falling red and gold sparks sting where they land. “Are you alright?” the question is out of his mouth before he realizes, remember his own encounter with his magma-elephant peeling out of his skin. A pause, dark blue eyes studying hers, concern now lacing the hardness and pain, “Did you know you had magic?”
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna Sorry for the wait, I was struggling with him. <3

Please tag Tembovu.

In all the overwhelming glory my magic had taken to come to life, I had completely avoided responding to him. I wanted to tell him that yes, he may have taken me untainted but I had been tainted for so much longer than he realized. I had lived the lifestyle he condemned me for since before I reached the Threshold – before he had even reached the Threshold. So I stood there, watching as everything happened, as his voice boomed to me to tell me enough after I had spoken their names, and suddenly beneath the bells and whistles of the Giving Tree with the turtle watching nearby, I couldn’t handle it anymore.

Are you alright? Did you know you had magic?” His words hit me like a blizzard. Rapid and yet stinging with the concern he held in his voice that he shouldn’t. Not when we stood here as nothing beneath the innocence of giving. Blue eyes looked to him wearily, the light fading from them as I shook my head. I stepped away from him, casting my gaze elsewhere – spotting Ashamin speaking with others among the crowd. Ears flickering to the father of my child for mere moments before I shifted my head back to the stallion that had once been only a fraction of someone I could call mine. “I need to leave. I – I’m sorry, I just. I can’t be here.” My voice grew breathless and tired as darkened blue pools watched the stallion – head lowering in a bit of tiredness.

Maybe next time we see one another, the circumstances will be different.” I pulled my gaze from him, unable to look at his face any longer – fearing that if I stared into his sapphire pools that I’d never be able to leave again. “I’m sorry.

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Tembovu

I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
There is no answer to his questions; instead he loses her beautiful, yet fatigued, eyes to the crowd. He is mildly surprised that there were still others around— everything else had faded away when he was near Rexanna. It wasn’t the case for her, it seemed, as she searched the the surrounding equines. And she finds whoever she is looking for, as her probing eyes fall on someone; his own cobalt stare follows to find the culprit. A horse (no, a unicorn? was that a horn on his forehead?) of black and white, with russet on his shoulder. Ears tilt backwards, lips purse, and eyes narrow slightly. “Who is that?” The words are pushed from his lips be a new monster, one he had never encountered before. This was a different beast than his resident demon. This was jealousy.

But she is babbling an apology and saying she needs to leave. NO! His body screams him, a ripple across heavy muscles that want to make her stay. But that was as selfish as it was masochistic. There was no good coming out of this, only hurtful thoughts that were on the verge of hurtful words.

Yet she does not leave him, despite taking her eyes. Eyes that his will sorely miss. “Maybe next time we see one another, the circumstances will be different.” A long and low sigh escapes him, softening his face if not the tumultuous range of emotion in his eyes, “I hope so, Rexanna.” He voices her name tenderly, despite the regret and hurt in his tone. His neck twitches, begging him to allow himself a final touch, a last caress. But he is firm, unmoving, an Elephant statue. Though he does not walk away, for she must leave him. As it has been, as it will be.

The Elephant will stand alone.
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

”Who is that?” I visibly shuddered at his words, withdrawing into myself further. He’s the father of this child I’m trying to you about. I wanted to scream at him, but no. That wouldn’t do any good. I already told him. Whether or not he chose to ignore it, was his choice. I watched the ground as pain crossed into my chest. “His name is Ashamin. He’s the Haruspex. The one that talks with the Time God and gives advice.” I mumbled my words out to him, his brutality in his voice honestly frightened me. I wanted to continue on about him, but I felt if I added anything more that the Elephant would grow suspicious, so I left it at something that simple. I wanted to tell him of the day that I met the painted stallion. How timid and frightened he was. How he had grown in his position to be quite the warrior. Quite the father I knew he could be. But now was not a time for that.

Tembovu agreed with me, then, about how our next encounter might be better and I nodded. Refusing to look at him. He seemed like a statue, a pillar. And so I turned from him then. A broken half princess pulling away from the King. I let my gaze lift up to try and see if anyone would be looking from my home, unfortunately no one caught my gaze – and so I picked up my pace. A swift canter away from the Turtle and the Giving Tree before my tears could fall on the lush greens beneath me.

"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

@Tembovu

I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
His jealous inquiry was answered with mumbled words and downcast eyes. He felt something— something akin to guilt and pain— strike his chest at making his Rexanna so… sadly submissive. Defeat and weariness etched on her once-proud and beautiful frame. She had approached him with such gentle beauty this night and now… Now it had disintegrated into loneliness and new demons to wrestle. This was no night of gifts, this was an evening of sorrow.

Rexanna was right to not belabor the attributes of Ashamin— for that quickly would have turned the tides from sorrow to anger. And the anger of an Elephant was something he hoped she would never be subjected too— for it could be a fearsome and uncontrollable thing. So he stood still, waiting for the inevitable.

Her eyes turned up, once again searching the gathering. But no one found her eyes now— now was the time for forsaken solitude. And, as he stood, a lone pillar of a man, she left. With speed slowly increasing, she disappeared into the night, leaving him.

He stood, among the happy faces and cheerful bells. He stood atop the merry sprinkling of snow. Eyes, darkened to navy, watched the empty space that once held the embodiment of his life’s light— what kept his demons at bay.

And now, in her absence, he felt the shift in his barrel. He felt the chill travel up his spine, stiffen his muscles, and grit his teeth. And, as it had been before Helovia, he struggled against this vindictive creature that threatened. But it fed on his sorrow, on the fear of loneliness that plagued him. Where his happiness withdrew, this darkness pervaded and grew.

So with hard eyes and an anger beginning to smolder in his chest, the statue moved, turning to travel back to the Edge.
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna the end :[

Please tag Tembovu.