the Rift

Lonely and afraid

Ciscorox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed to have been days since I had food. My stomach cramped with hunger as I pushed through the tight brambles. As I walked, I thought of what exactly I was doing here. My family had left soon after I was born. I had been taken care of by a small band of lonely mares, which I had called my family for many years. I was 3 now and even though it was custom to have left much earlier, I am only now finding myself on a journey to find a new home. Me and my old band of mares had fought for months, I wanted to stay. They pushed me, telling me it was for my own good and blah blah blah. 

I snapped back to reality as soon as I felt the brush tear away at a piece of my shoulder. I whinnied and turned my neck to inspect the wound. Not too deep luckily but, I needed to wash it off so it wouldn't become infected. I stood still listening for a stream but with no look. I decided to push on, even though my shoulder burned. 

Several minutes and a couple more chunks of skin later, I reached a clearing. I was startled at first and realized most horses (and others I had never seen) had come from a tunnel across the way. I walked and found a small stream near the edge and rolled to wash my wounds clean. I stood and decided to rest in a shady corner and watched the clumps of horses, and warriors talk. 

See I was much too short to be a warrior... I would be surprised if any kind of band took me in actually. No stallion would want to breed to me and every mare would laugh at my small chubby size. I fell asleep on these thoughts, letting them cloud my sleepy and hungry head.

Notes: This is my first post! <3

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

It was the scent of blood that drew the tigress's attention as together the pair wandered the threshold searching for any stragglers. With their bond strong and as close as it had ever been it didn't take long for him to get the message. Watching through Kiara's blue eyes as she followed her nose the small figure of a mare soon became apparent. "Do not frighten her." He requested silently though their bond sending a silent prayer to the heavens when his bonded held her ground. A soft rumble sounded from her chest but otherwise she sat watching the mare stumble about stoicly but with the obvious need of help considering she seemed to have fallen asleep in her presence.

Silence greeted the stallion as he closed the gap between himself and Kiara causing him to slow to a cautious walk, dropping his head to appear as non-threatening as possible. Wickering softly in greeting he paused to observe the mare from a short distance before smiling gently. Was she really sleeping? Shrugging his shoulders he would not be one to judge but he could certainly offer her a better place to rest without the fear of being eaten or attacked. Clearing his throat he dared to wander a little closer before stopping to lower his muzzle down towards her, still keeping a good metre or so between them. Kiara had wandered closer but had chosen to hang back behind him a little ways knowing what a shock it would be for someone to wake and be face to face with a tiger.

"Miss...? Excuse me... Are you alright?" He said gently hoping that he was not going to startle the life out of her when she awoke.

Ciceron talks
Silent Speech
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Ciscorox •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.