the Rift

Court with the Fallen [Mauja]

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

After speaking with the relic, Myrddin, the burgundy traced mare had set off to meet the King he spoke of. Only the war they'd talked about had begun faster than they'd thought, and now the old Unicorn's herd was displaced. She'd caught word of the defeated group living here among the ice and snow. A strange place to take refuge, indeed, but a fitting backdrop for those with hatred in their hearts. The six-horned mare excuted a flashy trot through the layers of snow, forced to pull her hooves high out of the drifts.

She sought the leader of the losers, oddly enough. She had plans to visit the other herds as well, especially the newly formed Edge. But for now, her mind was set well enough on having a word with this Mauja. She'd never been fond of monarchs, and she didn't expect much from the brute. As Myrddin had said, stallions were often gullible creatures. It was almost ironic how they so often gained any following at all. Yet, out of the most surprising places could come greatness. Catching the scents of others on the wind, Sorcha stopped. Clouds of snow jumped around her hooves, hundreds of tiny crystals sticking to her painted pelt. Her frame stood tall and elegant before the looming caves of glass. "I seek audience with the ex-King Mauja." She spoke in her strangely feminine lilt, giving emphasis to the prefix ex. Her ivory chin was held high below a paled sapphire gaze, searching for the sight of this unknown and failed lead.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He'd always been a stray; a few weeks ago it was between foggy trees he had strode, always moving, always going somewhere, never lingering long in the same place. He had not held court at certain hours, but had moved among his own, answering the calls for attention which rolled in on the wind and making a few of his own. But the Edge had been a natural place for them all to gather, since they belonged to the forested cliff; they had come there for shelter in the dark nights, for food and safety, to take their minds off things and merely exist within the herd. Out here, under the open sky, there were no natural boundaries to keep them together. When they moved, Mauja moved with them, running in circles to round them up and keep tabs on them all. He stayed still only when he slept, barely even when browsing for food. It was wearing, but what choice did he have? None.

He'd wandered west again, to the strange tunnels and caves of the Frozen Arch. Sometimes the wind howled through them, sometimes they were cool and quiet, but always, always, your distorted reflection stalked you through their depths. Disconcerting, unless you were obsessed with confirmation of your own existence.

The call came in an unknown voice, distinctively female but not one he knew. A stranger, then. Seeking business with the ex-King. What the hell did she want with a defeated old mongrel, then? Was she here to gloat? Did she need an audience to gloat? More amused than annoyed, Mauja disentangled himself from the surroundings, sticking first a dark muzzle into the light outside and then the rest of his body. Open curiosity resided in his blue eyes, head given a questioning tilt as he took her in at a glance. Stocky, with well-defined muscles; scarred, a couple of recent gashes too. Red roan, splotched with white. Six sharp horns upon her head. It was a new style, but just as unicorn as any other horn, or so he figured. "Ex-King?" he asked, a note of amusement in his smooth voice. "Well, that depends entirely on what you defined my kingship of as in the first place." One 'brow rose as he padded closer, easy and graceful upon the snow. Perched as usual on his shoulder was the rapidly growing owl, a mess of white and dark blue scalloping, eyes of winter peering at the mare with unyielding, unforgiving eyes. Irma was not a social creature, and lacked understanding of his own passion for others. If she would get her will through, they'd retire to some snowy plain and live their days alone, except when mating with others. Not quite what Mauja wanted from life.

"But, yes, if you sought Mauja you've certainly found him, stranger," he said after a moment, faint warmth tracing the outlines of the syllables and hanging in the air.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Sorcha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The former monarch marched out of his ice cave with all the haughtiness she'd expected. Who wanted to be reminded of the loss of such a grand title? Of course the stallion would be gripping on to what little pride he had left. A light chuckle escaped her throat as the statuesque ivory male approached. It was as if he had been born of the snow, with his horn and eyes the hue of pure, crystalline ice. An attractive brute; if she was foolish enough to want the touch of another, he would be an ideal candidate. Fortunately, Sorcha wanted nothing of the sort. Love had been the only risk she'd never been inclined to take.

"I'd love to know how you define your former monarchy, sir Mauja. I cannot make any assumptions yet, as I am new to this land." Undaunted by the good foot or so of height he had over her, the mottled dame stepped closer, pale blue eyes staring up into his own. "I heard of you from one of your followers, Myrddin. My name is Sorcha." While in the middle of giving the brute an impish grin, she noticed the little feathered thing on his shoulder gawking at her. A fledgling owl, mixed of pearl and navy, was obviously the ex-leads bonded. The mare's delicate brow wrinkled as she eyed the creature. Why in the hell would such a powerful stallion want to tote around a bird? Why not a lion or a wolf, something that had some teeth? It was ridiculous; the old King's reasoning would elude her forever. She suppressed a scoff at the incredulous thing and put her sights back to Mauja's face. She hadn't really expected to be at all impressed by him in the first place. Still, there had to be some redeeming quality, besides his looks, that allowed him to amass such a following. Drawing back to her purpose out here in the middle of nowhere, she continued. "I caught wind of your herd's defeat. I suppose I'd like to know a bit more about you and your group, if you'll oblige me. I have no loyalties in this place yet, and it only seems right for me to find out what my fellow Unicorns are up to." The words would have sounded quite jovial if she hadn't been working to quell the bitter sarcasm that normally laced them. Honestly, she hadn't a reason to at all care for her own race. But with Myrddin's talk of war, maybe she could at least be of some use to someone, and fun was always inevitable in such chaos.