the Rift

[PRIVATE] I can't feel my face when I'm with you

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I come to a startling halt. My breathing was ragged, and my lungs struggled to move oxygen from my flared nostrils into my blood stream. My lungs felt as if they where burning, causing my legs to be sprawled and my head down as I coughed. My barrel heaved erratically, and the muscles in my legs and haunches quivered from exhaustion and strain.

I had ran, ran so hard and so fast. I wasn't sure if I could out run it. If I could outrun anything anymore. I had become so scared, that I had turned and ran away from everything. From Rhoa, from my parents... From the scene I had created by my erratic and manic depressive behavior. And now I was heaving and hacking from tired and struggling lungs.

But another fear plagued me. Had I ran so hard I lost him? My head suddenly swung around to touch the side of my barrel, completely freaking out. Maybe I had caused it to go away. But I didn't want to lose him. I was so scared, but I didn't want to lose the child, because that would be far more heart breaking than anything I was going through right now.

But I felt no pain. I was okay, and I knew deep down my foal was okay too. But I was so tired... And with shaking legs I let myself go down in the grass. My legs pulled up close to my body and my muzzle rested on my knee. I was not sleeping. Instead I was thinking of Rhoa. I had heard his voice call my name as I fled. I hoped he would come. I could talk to him, but I couldn't do it there. I thought I could, but there where so many.

But would he find me? Would he hate me? We he want nothing to do with me... Would he shun me and his child.... But I felt like Rhoa wasn't that kind of stallion... I felt that maybe, just maybe he would be there for me. But I could be wrong.

A soft sigh pushes the thoughts of self doubt away, and instead they are replaced of a less worrisome time. But not that long ago. I thought still of Rhoa, but of when I met him, and what had happened, and it was all so exciting and new. He was enticing, warm... welcoming. Receptive to touch. And all I wanted to do was touch him again, be close to him, to feel his warmth once more. With that on my mind, my eyes slipped shut into a restless doze.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Rhoa

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

[SORRY FOR THE WAIT X 10000000 @Glacia ]

I hesitated.

But of course I did. It wasn't as though I knew what to do in this sort of situation. I hadn't expected to find myself at this junction in life. After all ... but then again, no. My mind rolled back to those warm moments with Glacia, the heartbeat flutters and pulses of expectation and pleasure. Somewhere I knew that this was a possibility - her pregnancy - but I hadn't actually believed it. I had thought ... we were just two ghosts, all alone in a dream. How could that dream have become reality?

How could life have sprung up from what was almost a certain death?

And so I hesitated.

I might have just become a statue of my own ignorance and confusion right then and there, had it not been for Mauja. Am I really so unsure of my own mind, that I need a complete stranger to give me permission to move? To cry? Go on, you'll be fine. She needs you, even if she's too dumb to realize it is okay to be afraid, and to cry. I guess so, because as soon as those words reached my ears, I felt the barriers of my own uncertainty tumble and my body was able to move again.

After a few mumbled words I took to the air. It required a great deal of shoving, but luckily my height afforded me a relatively easy voyage through the sea of bodies. As soon as I was able, my embered-wings spread from my flanks and I raced into the air after the fleeing Glacia. She had a head start, but I was a fair deal faster on my wings than she was on the ground - especially with the babe - our babe - in her womb. Faster or not, it took a great deal of time to find her as she disappeared into the rugged landscape below. By the time that my sea green gaze finally found her dark form, she was crumpled on the ground. All sorts of heretical and absurd thoughts flooded my mind as I dropped like a stone towards her.

Is she-

But I couldn't even think the word, for just the mere association of the word in my brain caused a shiver to run through my body.

She couldn't be. She was just screaming at me an hour or so ago-

There was life in her, and so ...

So she couldn't be..

"Glacia-" Her name left my lips in a hushed whisper as I landed with a ragged gracefulness at her side. Immediately my knees hit the ground near her shoulder and my burning wing splayed itself over her wither.

As soon as I felt a steady warmth coming off of her, I sighed an exaggerated sigh of relief, before my tongue once again become tied.

What was it that I was supposed to say now? Did I owe her an apology? Should I be sorry for the foal? For not responding to her shouts sooner, for not finding her sooner? Was I meant to ... to congratulate her? Us? Were we an us? Was I even happy about this? Truthfully, I had no idea. I introspected quickly and found that I certainly wasn't angry or upset, but nor did I find joy readily visible inside of my beating heart.

What I felt for Glacia - for our child - was utterly hidden from me. But at that moment I was more than content to remain at her side. I could offer her that, even if I couldn't find any words.

My wing relaxed against her back and my nose lowered to her shoulder, exhaling into her dark flesh. We were still strangers, realistically speaking. And yet after our time together, touching her seemed far more natural than speaking. A spark trickled through my muzzle, my wing, and knee where we touched. I tried to ignore the feelings it illicited deep within my belly - that was what got us into this mess in the first place - but found it hard. Her mere presence was distracting.

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

I heard him before he had even landed, before his voice danced with my name. The blue eyes opened, as his form rather furiously flew, and a sense of wonder flushed through me. What was it like to fly? To fly away from the world and all its issues? To fly away from my problems. My eyes slipped closed as I tried to imagine the feeling of flying. The closest I could get was to imagine the feeling my heart made when excited, when full of something, when it was jumping out of my throat, or so full of anticipation that it could simply explode. That the only way to release it was to release the burst of excitement in noise, or movement.

I don't respond when he says my name, or when I feel the ground shiver under his weight landing and practically falling on it. I tried to recapture that idea of what flying was like, before I finally responded to the draped wing and the soft muzzle traveling my shoulder.

The blue eyes fluttered open, long black lashes draped over them, as I looked at the ground. Slowly my head turned and my eyes shifted to look at the dark stallion who held me, caressed my depressed corpse, and all the while managed to still look like I made him feel the way he did on the steppe. A stranger, high on the drug of bliss, of lust. Euphoric, was the feeling. Euphoric was the memory. My muzzle reached back and touched his bare forehead, as my eyes shifted shut again. I just breathed him in. His sweet smell. His unique scent that sent shivers down my spine. His very own cologne, musk... whatever you wished it to be. But it was entirely him, his own. Rhoa.

I let my muzzle drop slowly, letting it rest instead on the inky wing draped over my side, careful to not tweak the feathers, not to pull them. I was tired, and he made me want to curl up against him and fall asleep. But I couldn't. At some point I would have to break the silence. This moment would pop like a bubble, and I would speak. I had to.

"I'm sorry I told you like that... It was selfish... But... I ... " I tried taking a deep breath, but I just wanted to cry, and the lump in my throat suddenly appeared again, so I couldn't possibly breath. "I just saw you, standing there, and I had been thinking about you, and suddenly I couldn't keep it in any more. " My eyes betrayed me, and the tears drizzled down my cheeks, and I turned my face away. Ashamed.

I wasn't strong anymore. All my life I could do it, and suddenly I just couldn't fucking deal. I couldn't be strong like my father always seemed, or even fight like my mother always had. But maybe it was because she had fought for me since my birth, for my right to be alive.

And suddenly I just wished he would leave. He couldn't see this, I wasn't strong here. I was weak, falling apart, heart bleeding on my sleeve. And he could see it all. He could judge every ounce of flesh, he could hate me for my weakness. And the thought killed me. He could judge us, and hate us, my child and I.

But he couldn't could he? He wouldn't be here unless he cared. But maybe he cared, and yet resented my child... Our child. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself, before trying to start over. Start from the bottom. "I'm sorry. I am just so scared Rhoa... I am still a child myself, and now I'm going to be having one, and I don't know if I can do it. What if... What if he's not alive when he comes out? It would kill me Rhoa. Because I am so scared, but I love him. So much. I have never loved this much before. I love this child so much it just hurts. I don't know how to explain it, but I love him so much that I don't think I can do it. I'm sorry... I'm rambling. I don't make an ounce of sense, do I?" I sigh softly, turning back to look at him, blue eyes searching him. "All this, and I haven't even stopped to make sure you're okay... Are you okay? Are you as scared as I am?" My muzzle touched his wing, gently stroking the muscle and soft feather that layered it.

Just him touching me, and me touching him was so... So blissful. I couldn't explain the feelings he made me feel, but it was like I imagined flying. My heart wanted to jump in my throat, and I just wanted to scream out how happy it made me feel. Because it really did make me feel on cloud nine. Do you feel higher than the clouds Rhoa? Do I distract you as much as you distract me? And I could lose myself in his warmth, in his eyes. And I had before, and I could easily do it again, and again and for all eternity. I don't think I could get bored with it. Boredom? Inside I laugh at myself. No, the word is ridiculous.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

@Rhoa
ITS OKAY. <3 I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LONG IT JUST HAPPENED AND I MAY HAVE ACTUALLY CRIED WRITING IT. May have though. >.> <.< . He just fills me with so much muse.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Her muzzles brushes against the emptiness of my forehead, and I sigh into her touch. I am reminded - swiftly transported in fact - back to our time together in the white and the quiet: Exploring her wingless body, and she exploring my hornless face. Now that we were alone again, the pieces seemed to softly rivet themselves back into place. As if it had been the crowd that had pulled us apart, that had interrupted and forced Glacia to run away, and tied my tongue. Because with her here now, it all seemed so simple and easy, just as it had that day.

The tears that darkened her already dark cheeks pierce my heart, but still I am silent. Why does she cry..? Is it for the same reasons that my own soul feels dark? Does she perhaps regret our actions? Does she wish she could just wrap up this child in a net and quietly forget about it? Or is it something about me - about the idea of bearing a child that carries my lineage? After all, I told her I was the last, the lonely, the ever-burning. What mother could possibly want a child born of such suffering and isolation?

-and I had been thinking about you-

Her words almost startle me, for no one thinks about me. At least not actively. I try to ruffle through my thoughts, to discern what it was I was thinking. Feeling. For some reason, I wasn't overly concerned.

Do I love you? I wonder silently as Glacia too slips seemingly into her own thoughts.

I don't know-

I feel ... something for her. Some sort of maddening and distracting concern and interest. She floods my thoughts and ignites my body in a way that no other ever has (but then, there haven't ever been others..) Is that love? Truly it was mere happenstance that brought us together. Not fate exactly, but something like it. Does that preclude the possibility that we love each other? That the world - the whiteness of that moment which forced us together - is at fault?

I can't myself from shaking at the thought, but nor can I pull myself away from her. I can't stop touching her. Feeling her. Being here.

She begins speaking again and my ears move forward to catch each and every syllable falling from her lips, as if I could scoop them up, place them in a jar and save them for later. Perhaps listen to them when the beating of her heart and the pulse running through her body isn't screaming in my ears.

"He?" I interrupt without thinking. He? I am - We are having a son? My face likely reveals something like surprise and joy, but inside I am still immobilized. I suddenly see myself as my Father - will I be the distant figure that Gaucho was?

Will I be like my Father in this? I want to say that I won't, but I can't convince myself of that.

I don't make an ounce of sense, do I?

"You've made life." I whisper, my wings folding more tightly around her (I bite my lip to try and stifle the electric shiver that runs through at our embrace).
"You don't have to make sense. At least not right now."

rhoa
these seconds when i'm shaking leave me shuddering for days

"He?" Rhoa interrupts, and I can't help but give a little laugh, as my eyes move to look at his expression. Something has crossed it, surprise maybe. Joy? I can't tell completely. His thoughts are his own, and much less open to reading than my own. I lean into his warmth as I start up the words again. "I think it's a he, yes. But don't quote me on it."

His interest sparked a fire in my heart, a warm joy that seemed to spread through my veins, much more confidence leaking it's way around my body. The fear of his rejection leaving my demeanor, almost. If only I could stay here forever, live in this moment. It seemed so easy now, so easy with him. I didn't know what it was that I felt for him. The roots of love? Could I love him? Was that to be my future? To pine after someone I may never be with again. A stranger to me? To yearn for Rhoa the last, the lonely. To crave his warm touch and embrace.

"You've made life", His whispers echo to me, and he doesn't stop there. I watch him, entranced by the bite of his lip (What was that for), and the way his mouth formed around the words that escaped his lips. Gently I nudge at him, a smile lingering in the blue eyes. "You made life too Rhoa. He's as much you as he is me." I sigh softly at his wings tightening around me, and I felt safe for right now. I felt safe with him, and I never want this to end.

"Do you feel the pull Rhoa?" My voice is suddenly blurted at him, a question posed at his feelings, and at mine. I felt so... drawn to him. Did he feel that way too? I was unabashed, and it did not occur to me that he may not know what I speak of. But there could only be one thing, couldn't there? The question to me seemed painfully obvious. I only hoped it wasn't misheard, or destroyed in some context on the way to his response. In the whole time, my eyes searched him for his answer. Hope was present, and sadness almost seemed ready to spring at the moment it should need to.

I just need your reassurance, for my sake I need it.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

@Rhoa