the Rift

Halcyon Birds

Azoth Posts: 10
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.1 HH :: 4
ShadowMare

Azoth

The wind whistled through brown feathers, his morning view one of colors and clouds. His home was beautiful in a lonely sense. All golds, pinks, oranges, and blues, but to eyes that had grown up here, the colors that could be so bright were now dulled by routine. The stallion had become bored with his normal way of life, waking up, flying over the same damn trees, going to sleep, well it was rather boring one could say. He was one who yearned for something different, of complete foreignness, something new. He wanted to find something to live for, something to go after; a goal, a motive. So with pure determination, he beat hard on his wings, thrusting himself forward to anywhere but home. 

He had flown till night fall, the stretches of familiar land replaced by canopies of pines and oaks, canopies that did not root in the lands he had grown in. He let his winds pilot him as his honey eyes reflected a childish-like glee, the new sights luring him to the ground. He landed softly, a soft thud in the chilly winds. Azoth looked around, ears perked forward as he folded his wings and pressed them tightly against brown skin. He wondered where he was, if anything inhabited the forest of towering trees, and if this place would be the place where Azoth started over. Where Azoth strived to be the stallion he knew he could always be. He wasn't sure if he was going to regret his choice to leave everything he's known, but living all the years by himself, alone in a world so much larger then himself, he figured that it wouldn't be that bad, right?

Only time will tell. 

OCC: Lol threshold introduction threads, I'm so bad at them THROW ANYONE AND EVERYONE AT HIM PLEASE!

I live for the colors of the sunrise, the colors of your eyes

Image Credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

An overall unease had seemed to take over him over these last weeks with the relative quiet over the lands. After the battles with the rift gods things had seemed unfinished somehow, as if something was still yet to come. He could sense that others shared similar opinions but nobody could seem to figure out if they were just overreacting or if there was something big about to happen. All he could hope was that whatever it was, there would be no lives taken this time around. Injuries couldn't be helped with a battle but in all hopes there would be no bloodshed or a need to raise arms against anything.

Lounging in the rapidly fading light the colourful pair of tigeress and stallion had just about given in for the day when a swoosh of feathers seemed to grace the treetops. Kiara stirred restlessly as her eyes followed the wings down through the darkness. Sometimes he was quite envious of her natural ability to see in the dark, it would be very handy sometimes in situations like this. It sure would be better than being a walking flashlight, well not in that extreme but it was still light. Judging by the sound of the landing that whatever it was was no bird he assumed the creature to be a pegasus or a hybrid of sorts. Guess that means that there was no going home just yet he mused with a good humored smirk as he turned to head in the direction of the thump.

Weaving his way through the brush with a little extra help from Kiara they soon spotted the target up ahead a little ways in the fading light. "Hello!" He called in greeting drawing his head up to try and get a better look at the stallion before them. Now was the time that the whole night vision would come in handy...

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Azoth •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Absent Abyss
ShadowMare

Azoth

He had begun to think he was alone, that traveling to the unknown was a terrible idea. But it was with the steps of another, did he calm any growing nerves. It was dark, so he could not see that well, but he managed to make out the form and scent of a stallion. Something else lingered in his nostrils though, and he searched for the match. With squinted eyes, his caramels fell on the tigeress, ears tipping back warily. His eyes remained on the white creature as the horned stallion spoke. He seemed kind enough, but Azoth was so utterly out of his element he wasn't thinking straight. "Where am I?" He asked, head tilting as he looked around the massive trunks and trees.

He felt this strange feeling arise in his stomach. It wasn't nerves, worry, or regret, but merely something. Perhaps it was the idea that his morning flights were no longer going to be filled with the same golds and roses, the same rocks and waters. Perhaps it was the idea that he would no longer be so alone. He had spent all of his life growing, learning, alone. After his parents disappeared at an age he was too young to remember, Azoth had somehow managed to survive in the lands that had been the only thing he had known. Now, he felt like a fish out of the only water it knew, he knew. Shaking his head at the thoughts that plagued his worried mind, he looked at the dappled man, dipping his lined face, "I am Azoth by the way."

OCC: Gotta find my click with him, excuse it for a bit

Image Credits
[/size]

The pegasus standing before them was of the unusual sort, sporting painted markings and a lion like tail. Very few around here seemed to have that kind of anomaly but it couldn't be stranger than some he had encountered, wings on the head for example. Actually it was something that he wondered how it would fair in something like a battle? Was it useful or a dead weight? Was it able to be drawn out of the way quick enough or did it get injured frequently? These were just some of the many problems that he could foresee with having something of such a length attached to your buttocks. Batting away the rather strange questions that arose he found it easier to just leave them unanswered so as not to appear any stranger than he already was. After all just how many of their species did you find with markings that glow in the dark?

"It is nice to meet you. You are in a place called Helovia." He answered swiftly feeling a little better to take another few steps towards the beast. Kiara stuck to his heels regarding the painted man with calm curiosity, her eyes darting to each part of him that moved in turn. "This place is know as the threshold and it is where many first happen upon our lands." Satisfied with his description he drew himself up cocking one hind foot to appear as relaxed as possible. Azoth, hmmm a rather odd name but a suitable one for such a unique fellow he mused sharing his thoughts with Kiara who paid little attention.

"My name is Ciceron and this here is Kiara." Motioning down to the tigress at his side. "We come from one of the herd lands known as the Hidden Falls, which is just to the north of where we are now."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Azoth •• NOTES: No worries <3 ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Absent Abyss
ShadowMare

Azoth

He responded, calling this place Helovia. The lined threw the word around in is head, tasting the sound of the name as well as memorizing and associating it with the lands that surrounded him. His wings itched to be stretched out, hungry to explore this place, Helovia. He promised himself that he would get to it eventually, but for now, he would let the world to be discovered from the eye of the wingless, besides he had more important matters at hand. "Pleasure." He stated simply, joyous that this man had found him.

His ears tipped forward with interest as the stallion explained more about his whereabouts. It appeared to Azoth that he wasn't the only one who stumbled upon this place, and it seemed that it was quite often that creatures were thrust into the 'threshold.' Could creatures leave from here too? Or was he forever stuck in this place of tall trees and thick canopies?

The stallion's name, Ciceron, brought him back to Helovia, his thoughts turning fretful and nervous yet again. When was he going to chill out? This wasn't how he normally acted, Azoth was no fearful stallion, he was Azoth the firefight. Sighing, he relaxed, wings lightening against his sides. "The Hidden Falls hmm? What is it like?" He asked, very quickly growing tired from his flight and of asking questions.

OCC: Damn he's gonna be a hard one to click with

Image Credits

The swift flitting of the man's ears and the quick movements of his eyes portrayed one of much unease. Making note of each notable characteristic the stallion halted all advances wondering what it was that had the pegasus seemingly so flighty. Perhaps it was merely the presence of Kiara that had him on edge or perhaps just the stallion's nature. Whatever the case he had taken it upon himself to see this through to the end and not judge one for their apparent first impressions. Stress could play into behaviour more than you would think so it was certainly possible that flighty was not exactly the best description of the stallion otherwise known as Azoth. Thinking back to his first steps into the threshold, he remembered himself as a little more cocky and spontaneous than he was now. Age had wizened him to living on the edge as he once had and memories had sculpted the caverns within his soul. He was no more or no less than he had once been but he had changed regardless over the years.

"The Hidden Falls is a place like no other I have seen. Waterfalls have sculpted our landscape into the pristine valley's and ridges that we have today. It is truly a sight that one needs to see for themselves." He replied trying not to be too favorable when it came to describing his home. The other herds were nice and all but the Fall's was where he belonged and he would always be thrilled should another chose to call it home as well.

"If you would like to join us you are more than welcome. Either way you are free to come and go as you please so please don't feel like you are being pressured or anything." He added with a bob of his head trying to lighten the mood and bring out less of the nervous energy of the stud.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Azoth •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Absent Abyss
ShadowMare

Azoth

Azoth paints a rough picture of what the falls looked like in his mind, pulling the colors and structures form Ciceron's explanation. Azoth can see that dappled man likes his home quite a lot, and he chooses to believe that taking residence there would be no harm to him. After all, people don't elaborate on places they want to forget. "Sounds quite stunning. Do lots of equines live there?" He asked, still curious to see if the Hidden falls would truly be a place of his fitting. Even if it seemed not to be, Azoth didn't have much of a choice if he wanted to create a name for himself, a life.

Ciceron speaks of freedom, and Azoth is completely hooked. With a nod of his head, he thinks about what this Hidden Falls could be for him. It was an exciting feeling, to know that he was going to finally start over, and hopefully live the life he has always wanted too. He only wished that he would not regret the decision of leaving everything he knew for everything he doesn't know. Trying to not think to hard on that, he looks into the eyes of the dappled man. "I believe I would like that, yes, please, lead me to your Hidden Falls."

OCC: no need to reply, just tag me! sorry this was sooo slow i hate threshold threads and muse is forced xD

Image Credits