the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Halfway Gone

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence gave a gentle nod as he said he would appreciate her guidance. He was… so different. Or… maybe their relationship had made him different. Less formal, more… himself because he knew her and didn’t have to keep that same regal air. While it was vague in her mind, she could recall a time that he had been as polite and she had craved it.

Now… now she was craving it for a different reason. Craving it simply because it meant that she could keep the emotions distanced. That she would have less of a chance of falling back into the hole that she had been stuck in since he had left. She headed off back north – beginning to see the familiar cracked ground that signaled arrival near the heart caves. Oh yes… she had come this way. She couldn’t remember what she had been doing as of late – she just knew that she had been traveling, wandering aimlessly and allowing her thoughts to boil and twist.

”We’re near the caves, if we keep heading north then we should reach the Thistle Meadow” She explained, knowing that it probably meant absolutely nothing to Quilyan, but that any information might be able to help Zarina in locating where it was that they were situated. It was a long journey, and one that was awkward for the pallid mare. She wanted so much to be angry, but she couldn’t be angry at the stag when he couldn’t recall anything. So… instead… she opted to keep it quieter – to concentrate on the land around them, and to have Valiance fly overhead. Always close to Quil – always wary for those who might be able to drop in on them. Yeah. Protector. And a very salty protector at that.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Quilyan

The stallion felt... awkward.

This was not a problem he had had in Th'orqui.

As they travelled, primarily in silence, he found his mind wandering back to the days of his youth, when his main problems were which mare to flirt with on any given day and learning how to manage his father's kingdom. He supposed that he had not been a very kind stallion, but at least the heartbreak he may or may not have caused was not of the lingering sort. After all, he had never made promises to any of those mares. He had never pursued anyone with any serious intent. Those relationships were for kings, and he was but a prince, at least for a few more years. He prayed every day that his father's reign would be long and prosperous - all the better for his wayward tendencies.

The prince sighed softly to himself, ruefully mulling over the 'good old days' before the anarchists came. If only they had never come... if only he had been able to remain in Th'orqui... if only he had never met the mare... -Resplendence,- his apparent companion's voice resounded in his mind. -Her name. It's Resplendence.- He looked at the mare again, his one-time mate, if all he had been told was true. She walked in front of him and slightly to his left, enough ahead that he did not think she would notice his gaze. She was lovely, he had to admit. Apparently he'd had better taste here than he'd had in Th'orqui. Her name was fitting. Again, the guilt flared its ugly head, and he looked away. Looking at her, admiring her... it felt dirty. Tainted.

If only he had never met her... or, perhaps, if only this was the first time...

Resplendence spoke suddenly, explaining their location to the little marmoset perched upon her back. The monkey had continued braiding as they walking, weaving ever more intricate patterns into the mare's mane. He merely nodded. It meant more to his companion than it did to him. She was distant at best - not quite cold, but more... resigned. He felt, somehow, as though he had robbed her of something, but he could not quite decipher what it was.

If he could do anything to make her more at ease, he decided, he would. He did not realize that his magic had begun to seep through the air, creeping toward the mare; but so it did, reaching out to engulf her in a calming, almost sedating shift of mood. "And what is your favorite place to visit in Helovia, my lady?" he asked cautiously, unaware of the magic exuding from his general area. Perhaps some small talk would ease her tension and, at least, allow them to part as... well... if not friends, then acquaintances.

"Talk talk talk."
lumibear
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

Why was Kaj here, you ask?

Honestly, you probably had a better idea than he did.

Kaj did not care to examine his desires, the strings of fate that pulled him this way and that, not any longer. What was the use in robbing himself of the encounters and experiences he may have, in favor of endless patrols that others could rightfully fill? So instead he left the tasks to those who were required to complete them, and he ended up...here.

Kaj didn't know what drew him here. The place where he'd received his kingdom and crown, though the colors of the banner he flew now were so very different. There was sentimentality, if only because he had blocked his memories - he had not removed the emotions that he still experienced. There was also a resignation, an awareness that it did not matter where he ruled or who served him. It could all be taken from him in a moment, after all. What mattered was how well he ruled, the impact he made in the present, the changes he made, the relationships he forged. Isn't that ironic, considering you rejected Brisa over something like memories? Snorting softly to himself, the Aurelight twisted away from the caverns ans went striding across the dry, cracked earth. A lone king on a ruined battlefield, a wasteland of blood and fire. He went where his limbs took him, having nothing in mind and no place to return to quickly.

Of course fate had other plans in store for him, depositing him almost on top of the awkward pair traveling together in the eastern side of the land. He recognized them immediately, for he'd not blocked any memories of Quilyan. Perhaps some last minute sentimentality, or a desire to torture himself? But he viewed those memories very differently, with the absence of all the other memories that had transformed him into Other Kaj. That Quilyan had been suspicious of his relationship with Resplendence...perhaps he had nothing to fear from Other Kaj, but Kaj now, here, today? Perhaps he did.

Still, he could read the pain and the anger in the healer's posture, and was beside her almost before he could recognize himself moving. Quilyan was no short soul, but Kaj towered over him, and he drew himself to full height, wings flicking back in a rather disrespectful manner as ears fell flat to his crest. "You better have on hell of an explanation, Quilyan," rumbled like thunder from his chest, his magic coalescing with heated air and sparks that danced between the vanes of his feathers. The Czar placed himself between the once-prince and Resplendence without any care for subtlety, danger and anger covering the gape of his own ignored hurt to see the face of the man he'd called brother, returned with a smile on his face, still daring to call Resplendence terms like "my lady". 

Chasing dreams like I'm on Novocain
Screaming through your airways
Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

She explained where they were – content with the feeling of Zarina braiding her mane once more as she always had. Quilyan nodded his head, but she could almost tell from the way that his eyes were focusing, that he had no real meaning connected to the words which she was stating. Still, as she was getting more anxious – more ready to be free of this past burden of emotions which had crippled her so – she felt a wave of calm begin to ease its way into her body. The blocked off, guarded half of her was far more willing to ease back and allow the harsh emotions to begin to slide through the cracks.

She goes to speak, ”The Heav-“ but she is cut off far before she could even finish the sentence. Valiance had taken to the skies, a triumphant look registered upon his face (as if he had called in Kaj himself to protect his bonded from whatever sorcery might be occurring). Taken aback, she stumbled a few steps before she finally registered who had come instantly to her side. His posture careening taller and threatening gestures being made with wings and ears. His voice boomed like thunder as his wings radiated the lightning. He was the Stormbringer now, even if he had opted for the Aurelight instead.

She builds up some kind of courage – stepping forward and pressing her maw against Kaj’s flank. The pale pink glow of her glitter has not returned since stumbling upon Quilyan – but she doesn’t see him as a threat persay. At least… not a threat to her physical well-being. He had never been one for violence… It had always been emotional ploys which had pulled her down, made her think of herself as worthless. Making her think that no one deserved her because he just kept leaving each time she started to build confidence back in herself. ”Kaj… Quilyan wouldn’t attack me.” She whispers it, uncertainty of the event which is unfolding flickering in her voice. But Valiance. Valiance is all for some shocking and burning. Maybe if the stag was shocked enough times then his memory would be jogged.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Quilyan

Well, he'd had approximately fifteen seconds of peace before his world was turned upside down again.

A warning shriek from Zarina paired with an image seared quickly into his mind took his eyes to the sky; immediately threatened, the stallion jumped away from the incoming pegasus, his wings spreading and feathers fluffing irately at the threatening stance of the newcomer. His own ears pinned against his skull and his eyes narrowed - didn't this idiot know who he was dealing with?! Oh. No, that's right, he didn't know. The prince relaxed his posture immediately, having no desire for a physical altercation. For one, he didn't know why yet another Helovian was angry with him; and for another, he wasn't exactly the most impressive fighter. He had been diplomatically trained, not physically.

A sudden, errant thought crossed his mind: had he fucking stolen this mare from her stallion? The touch given by the mare encouraged this thought, and he suddenly wanted to beat his head against the nearest tree. Of course he would come into some unknown world and make an absolute mess of some relationship. He was, after all, just so charming. And this stallion, well... he didn't look like the most fun creature. Maybe he hurt her. Maybe that's why she had left him for the prince.

--Ahem?-- Zarina interrupted, glaring at him from Resplendence's withers. Oh, right.

The calmness in the air had abated, a result of the surprise that the golden, sparking stallion had given him. Unease wrapped around the trio, as plain as the lightning dancing across the newcomer's wings. Quilyan's ears remained tilted back, but he raised his head from its threatening placement and attempted to settle his wings, though his feathers remained rather irritated. It was difficult, knowing that somehow he had done something wrong here, but not knowing what it was. He had never allowed such rude treatment in Th'orqui, but whatever had happened here... he probably deserved it.

"What have I done now?" he asked, cross. Then, to Resplendence: "Have I managed to angry every bloody horse in Helovia?" He expected a more moderate answer from her that whatever response the stallion would have. Also, he simply preferred her company. Awkward was better than angry, after all. Perhaps the lightning steed would go away.

"Talk talk talk."
lumibear
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

Any attempt to control himself on Quilyan's behalf was lost on the golden beast before him, for a pinch of acquiescence alone could not satisfy his need for total submission, for the apologies that would have to stream from the scum's mouth for eons until Kaj forgave him. He had forgiven too many souls, too many wretched creatures that did not deserve the freedom he offered them. Not again. Not with so deep and profound a betrayal as Quilyan had forced upon him - upon them, he reminded himself as he swung himself purposefully further between the two creatures. Resplendence clearly recognized him within a few tense moments, her touch familiar and angelic across the sin-stained hide of his skin. He would not allow her to beckon him back from the ledge to salvation, not when he was staring down the demon that had wrecked her time and time again. Not when he had called the bastard brother, when he had found Rue for him and happily taken on the role of uncle and godfather. Resplendence could not save the dog from this, not this time. 

"There is no difference between physical and emotional hurt. He already has hurt you," Kaj snarled, wings arching higher in dominance, demanding utter submission and abjection. Nothing would satisfy him, not fully, but it would be a start. Of course Quilyan picked that moment to try and be brilliant, tongue unfurling mulishly, eyes dull and unrecognizable. "What have you done?" Kaj echoed vacantly, some sort of noxious calm before the storm. At first, he chuckled. A soft, inconclusive sound. It grew and grew, louder, disbelieving. Until he finally paused, eyes flashing, and lurched one aggressive step closer to Quilyan. The fates smiled gleefully down upon them, anxious, tittering their dramatic enthusiasm. Two broken, mind-bleached stallions, facing down one another with brotherhood broken and defiled between them. Could Kaj judge him, when he had just as many gaps in his memory? Did it matter that he had chosen this fate, and Quilyan had not? Until Quilyan attempted to speak to Resplendence, a grievance Kaj could not let go unpunished. Not after what Quilyan had done to her. 

Perhaps she should have told him that Quilyan could not remember, for in that moment there was only the call for blood and payment. 

"You LEFT US!" It roars from his throat, the lion Ink had named so long ago shattering chains and bars, wicked claws ripping through his own flesh towards freedom in an exquisite kind of agony. Pale wings swept up, snapping open and slamming forward to try and buffet against Quilyan, force him backwards. The Czar followed after him regardless of how the prince reacted, lips rolled so far up his teeth were on full display, the storm he'd called forth crackling and screaming like a thousand agonized voices as every hair and feather stood on end beneath the static. You are man no longer, beast. "Again, and again, and again! YOU COWARD! You left your DAUGHTER AND YOUR MATE, YOU LEFT ME, YOU LEFT US ALL! YOU DON'T GET TO WALTZ BACK IN FREELY!" And Kaj lunged for him, fury overriding hurt, teeth seeking the left side of Quilyan's crest. Blood, blood, blood, GIVE ME HIS BLOOD! It was the only equivalent exchange, as much blood spilled as tears that had been shed over Quilyan's absence. 

You left me, you left me, you left me. I loved you, I loved you, I loved you.

Chasing dreams like I'm on Novocain
Screaming through your airways
Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

The small bits of calm had faded quickly. It was as if the lightning spiking from Kaj's wings had sent an electric shock through their systems and made the uncertainty and panic reappear before their very eyes.

Alas, his response to Kaj closing in on his space was probably not the best one to have given. She panics, trying to tell Kaj that Quilyan wouldn't hurt her (not physically anyway); and then he turns to ask if he managed to angry every horse here. "Well… uhm. You see… if they know me… they kinda want to gut you and string you from a tree?" It's a sad answer, one that had been made when Kaj said she had already been hurt - whether it be physical or emotional.

Kaj echoes the question, a calm manner that has her own hair standing on it's edge. And, when Quilyan directed that question at her, she doubted her voice had even been heard over Kaj's roar of an answer. Anger, and he's suddenly slamming forward trying to beat on Quilyan, force him backward - make him feel the pain. Teeth were seeking flesh as he screamed out those he had hurt.

She's crying. She hadn't expected to cry. But tears are flowing. "Kaj stop!" she's screaming, too afraid to step forward - to find herself in the middle of whatever the hell this was supposed to be. "He can't remember. He can't remember like you can't remember loving Brisa!"

And, after choking out the words she begins to hum - a sad song, but one of calm and acceptance. One that should fan out and begin to ensnare false emotions of peace in the two stags. She didn't want them to fight. She didn't want them to bleed. She didn't want them hurt. She may hate Quilyan for leaving her, for not being there for her and destroying her each time she started to gain strength. But she couldn't bare to see the stag who she had loved so strongly be attacked and hurt. "I just want to move on Kaj!" Even when Valiance wanted just as much blood as Kaj did.

She's attempting to use her mood altering magic on them ---
:: [ Magic: LightxDark | Able to create false emotions when she hums ]
:: [ Restrictions | Emotions that are contrary to the character trait of the character are harder to create; lasts 20 seconds in battle. ]
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Quilyan

Well, apparently the pretty mare had lots of friends. Lots of lovely friends who wanted to gut him and string him from a tree. Of all the types, he had never thought himself one for crazy – but apparently he had misjudged himself in more ways than one. He is about to respond, but the golden stallion’s cold vocals interrupt him. There is a poison seeping into the air around him, crackling as it is with electricity, and the prince’s hair stands on end as he realizes that there is not going to be any avoiding this; regardless of the state of his memory, the golden stud is out for blood, and there is nothing he can do to stop it.

Well, let it not be said that he went down without a fight.

Zarina shrieked her alarm as the Aurelight approached him menacingly. Quilyan danced away, light on his feet at least, if outmatched in strength. He whirled away, turning his rump to the stallion chasing him in an attempt at protection of his more vital parts. He prepared to kick out as the steed approached, murder in his eyes – but then he heard the mare’s voice, rising above it all, wracked with sobs, and he realizes that all this fight will do is hurt her more. Whatever else had happened, he didn’t want that.

He never wanted that.

He halted, wincing in preparation for the onslaught that was to come; his gaze searched for hers, attempting to lock eyes, to convey in a look what he could not in words. This was for her, his utter defeat, his undoubted demise; whatever he had done to her, the Aurelight could pay back tenfold, and he would not move, would not fight, would not complain. If I truly deserve this, then may the Gods strike me down here and now.

Zarina was screaming in his head, afraid to move lest she be trampled but desperate to reach her bonded, fueled by fear and rage at the audacity of it all. --MOVE, you big idiot!-- she half-pleaded, half-ordered, but still the stallion stood in silence, waiting for the blow. And, when it came, it hurt as badly as he had feared, but somehow he welcomed it – the searing pain of teeth in his crest, the rip that he heard as much as felt as a chunk of mane and flesh pulled free. He was oddly calm, at peace with his fate (though, in truth, perhaps it was simply the mare's magic).

He was going to die.

For her, it was worth it.

"Talk talk talk."
lumibear