the Rift

[OPEN] Heavy Metal & Mullets

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Dark rimmed harks swiveled uncomfortably upon my plain, unmarked skull, while pale and sightless eyes stared blankly forward. There was no point in even attempting to make it look as if I could see through clouded pools at this point of the day. The sun was hung so high in the sky that his rays were piercing through my bright and bloody coat, warming the slowly thickening pelt to a nearly uncomfortable level of heat. Excitement trilled through the bond that connected the red kite and myself as he was finally able to stretch his wings properly now that we had managed to break free of the Deep Forest's grasp only to be held captive with dark thoughts and emotions with the new knowledge gained from my apparent half-brother, Mesec.

Shivers flashed over my pelt while my white crowned skull dropped almost low enough for midnight stained velvets to drag against the ground. Rather than being cut up by the slightly rocky terrain I found myself stumbling around on, I instead suffered through the random blade of grass that found it's footing in the sensitive nasal cavities forcing the occasional head shake. Edison clucked in disapproval over the mental bond before soaring higher as if putting more distance between us would lessen the shadows that were slowly overtaking his exhilarated mental state. I wasn't worried in the slightest that the bird seemed less than upset over the loss of family members, he had never grown close to those who shared DNA with me so why would he? The distress over my emotional state was more than enough grieving from the avian.

Back slicked harks flashed forward with the sound of running water that was creeping through my thoughts and bringing me rushing back into reality. Panic swept across my frame momentarily, leaving me wondering where exactly I had managed to find myself before Edison lit in a tree nearby sending images of the beautiful stone building that was across the small creek through our mental bond. The scent of other of my own kind in the area unsettled me slightly, not quite looking to carry on a conversation when really all I wanted to do was mope back to the Basin.

Or maybe I didn't want to go back to the Basin where my family had once thrived within the clutches of the snowy peaks.

"Talking"
open for anyone! just let @Caenan or @Jazhara post first please <3
Roux

Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

I have to admit, I was starting to have a hard time with staying within the boarders of the Falls. Not that I had to, but I halfway hoped that maybe just maybe my Father would come back and look for me. Face fact. He not coming back. He ran cause he lost home. I snort. Deep down, I know she's right. He's been gone far to long. Do I know for sure if he lost his part of the invasion, well no. But the herd as a whole lost and he was supposed to be a big a mighty warrior. But he had left, and never came back. My mother had probably gone looking for him in hopes that I was with my Father as I often had been as baby.... Only to be murdered in the process. Way to bring down my mood Sarabi. She looked at me as if to say, deal with it.

The click of my hooves against stone is what brought me out of me thoughts. Sarabi had wandered off a bit, most likely to hunt. So of course she was not here to remind me to focus on where I was going. I sigh very loudly, and turn my head to look around when I spot him. I'm sure my eyes must of gotten huge. After all, I wasn't expecting to find anyone else here. The Rotunda had become one of my more favorite places to wander away from the Falls. Close enough that I could easily go home, but far enough that I hopefully wouldn't find anyone else here that I knew. Oh um, hello. The sharp change in my emotions brought Sarabi running. I could feel her concern. No no, i'm fine. Hunt. Come over once you're done. She didn't speak, but attempted to take my word for it. I could feel her presence lingering, protectively.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Company was definitely the last thing I was looking for on this breezy Orangemoon day. In fact, if Edison had been able to remove himself from my mind for the day I would have been quite pleased to wallow in my own emotions over the fact that I had lost everyone. Of course a more optimistic creature would have taken the arrival of Mesec to be a blessing in disguise. But all I wanted to do was run, run away from everything that I had once known and become someone new. Someone who's parentage didn't have such an impact on the way this world had evolved. Of course that was high impossible. Dark rimmed ears slicked back as dipped limbs carried my bloody frame closer to the sound of rushing water until I felt the cooling liquid lipping at the base of my hocks.

A sigh escaped through midnight stained kissers as they lowered to the running creek, but before I could suck in any of the life sustaining liquid the kite was forcing a new image into my skull. The blonde and brown girl filled my mind as if I was watching her through my own moon eyes while her still maturing frame moved into focus, odd toned eyes widened with surprise as her own gaze fell upon my half wet frame. But even in her shock over my presence, she was still the first to speak up. "Oh um, hello." A shiver passed over my frame in response as the cool breezes of Orangemoon picked up, tickling the roots of my slowly thickening winter coat and forcing me to move out of the water closer to the dark filly that had stumbled upon my company.

Midnight stained skull dipped towards the younger creature in a greeting before a polite smile tugged at my features. As much as I desired to be nothing but alone on this day, it seemed as if the gods had another plan in store for me. Loneliness was something I would never get to wrap myself in again. "Hello." Vocals carried all of their usual gruffness, an indicator to the lack of use the cords normally suffered from. Speaking was something I did only when being forced to, although I could have easily turned tail and walked away from where the smaller blonde stood, for some reason I decided to stick around. Surely she was better company than someone else I could have had the misfortune of running into. "How are you?" I hadn't entirely forgotten the manners Kou had taught me before she to left.

"Talking"
@Vitani
feel free to join in still if you would like <3
Roux

Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla