the Rift

[PRIVATE] stuck on replay, replay

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

There was something just….there. she could feel it--had always felt it—like some sleeping creature in her chest, a weight in her gut, something that pulled her ever so gently back and away from everything that she knew. Her home, her family, her life (short as it had been so far) had always felt less; there was so much more she was supposed to know but could not yet fathom. All the things she knew she didn’t know stood in her mind like a barrier between her and everything she loved. Even at this tender age, she had begun to see that she was different from her family. She was the blood of warriors, and her brother and sister cut from that same cloth-of-war. Bold, fierce, strong, dominant. Einarr, Megaera, Mordecai, Nizho. And where did she fit into that pattern? ‘We are fighters, you will be too.’ her mother had said, but the little dove could not wrap her mind around why she had to be.

It had pulled her to this place: that drive to understand, fueled by all the questions she would have felt foolish asking her parents. War? Fighting? She had been told what they were but in her sheltered months in this earth Asavvi was no closer to understanding the consequences of such things than she was to knowing why they would exist in the first place. She wanted so badly to understand, to know, and there was something inside of her that, if she could just—just what? Follow it? Unlock it? Do somethingand then she would know. Wholly without forsight she had come to the place: a wide shadowy space in the midst of the strange green land she had had such a pleasure in exploring.

She didn’t know that it was her questions that called up the past--a past that she had not yet been alive to see--but the wanting in the girl’s heart reached through time and brought forth what had been before. It erupted around her, breaking the silence, and plunging her into the heart of a battle in progress. It was a strange phenomenon, extending out from the girl like an orb of violent activity in the center of the still space. Forms of horses and misshapen shadows that might have been wolves darted in and out of sight in the field of the illusion, a scene of brutal chaos that ripped through time itself. A lavender form moved through the space, directly in front of the girl, shouting commands, wielding fierce magics and just as quickly she had moved on and other figures took her place, ripping at one another and leaving another trail of blood upon the ground. For half a minute (though it might have well been forever by her understanding) Asavvi could only stare, wide eyed and trembling, and listen to the shouts and the screams. This was battle. This was war.

And then it was gone, and Asavvi, not knowing what she had done or truly what she had seen,  was left alone in that silent glen, eyes wide and quaking like a leave and unable to move.

”.”

Illusion Details: A snippet from Moony’s Rift God Battle(Time, feel free to pick any specific details or figures from the battle if you’d like) 30 second duration - 10 meter extension from Asavvi in all directions

Asavvi
Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm gonna give you my heart
credits

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Abraham
It's a melody
It's a battle cry
It's a symphony

The stallion of darkness, fire and ice had not prepared himself for what he would see from this little girl's heart. Mismatched eyes narrowed as she crept in, disturbing his silent peace. His dragons were off hunting and would be gone for quite some time. Abraham had nestled himself in shadows, his scent overtaken by the strongest plant scent he could find. This would have been his time of solace, of rest, but it had been disturbed by the pitter-patter of tiny, cloven hooves. Just as the leviathan moved himself to scold the child, he stopped in his tracks.

Outward from her sprang to life a magic he had never encountered, the images of the Moon Goddess, Riftians, and Helovians springing to life before the filly. Abraham's stone face stayed composed, silent and dark, but his muscles tensed beneath dark and white-tipped hair. He saw his father, mighty and incredible, crashing into the side of the Moon Goddess and knocking her aside before another launched an attack on the Dauntless. The hellion's teeth gritted together, the taste of iron on his tongue. How dare someone attack The Dauntless? Did they not know of his indestructible might? Of his need to avenge the death of the mother of his children? A black storm of ire rolled in his belly and he took the assailant's face to memory. If he ever crossed path with the Dauntless' attacker, he would end him.

Oddly hued eyes snapped back to the filly when the war scene ceased, his tail lashing harshly against his hocks. The massive creature stepped from the shadows a monster, neck arched, head low, and voice hissing. "That was my father, the largest one who knocked against the Moon Goddess." Abraham looked upon the girl, shaking and trembling at what she had just witnessed. War, death and destruction had always been a part of Abraham's life, and it did not phase him in the slightest. The little girl seemed so fragile, so scared. Abraham lifted his head some, raising a brow. He was a sinister fellow, and the look on his face only amplified it. In the distance, the screeching call of a dragon echoed.
image credit

@Asavvi

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Absent Abyss
Laine

It would have been a difficult thing to experience her magic quite unexpectedly for the first time, but paired with what it had shown her, the young girl’s mind was hard pressed to set itself back to rational thinking. She had reached for understanding and had received only a murky quagmire of more questions and concepts that she had the maturity to wrap her mind around. What she had seen had been shocking, terrifying, and perhaps when she had calmed down enough she might find it utterly abhorrent.

The voice that found her moved like a snake, slithering from the shadows to wrap itself around her neck. With a snap, Asavvi’s skyclad eyes focused on the beast that loomed toward her. After the incorporeal scene that had risen around her, the presence of someone solid and real should have been a comfort but something in her deepest instinct shouted ’Predator’. She stilled, all attention focused on the stallion and trying to remember something her mother had said. “Never show that you’re afraid…” It was easier said than done (and oh, how she wished she would have stayed at home) but she had to try and summon what courage she could. She swiveled to face the brute, still looking considerably wary, but at least she could manage to keep herself from trembling, or backing away.

Somewhere in the labyrinth, a creature screeched and the girl’s eyes made a desperate search around for the source before coming back to the danger at hand. “Hello, I am Asavvi... What may I c-call you?” Her voice cracked, a pitiful squeaking sound but she surged on as best as her valiant little heart could.  “Did—did that really happen then? I’ve never done that before, I uh, I didn’t really know how, they were just… there.” Whatever she had seen had come from her, she had felt as much, but how and why it had been brought about was still a daunting mystery.

Asavvi
credits
NON EST AD ASTRA MOLIS E TERRIS VIA
there is no easy way from the earth to the stars
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Asavvi in all posts ::

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Abraham
It's a melody
It's a battle cry
It's a symphony

The girl turned to face him but did not tremble, did not quiver beneath his dual-toned gaze. Inwardly, the stallion smirked. She had some semblance of bravery, be it foolish or wise, and it intrigued the stallion. Snorting at her name, he shook his arched neck and massive head, amulets bouncing against his hardened muscles. "The Leviathan." He told her darkly, voice laced with an icy danger. Overhead, the screeching dragons flew high in circles. They were predators, and images flashes in the stallion's head of the white-marked girl becoming their prey. Just wait. He commanded them, and the dragons continued to circle, blurry flashes of white and gold. "Of course it happened. The Gods of Helovia brought in new lands from foreign realms and we had to defeat the gods that once ruled them. Helovia devoured them. You seem to have dug it up."

"You have some sort of magic, little girl. Did you not know it?" Girls were so stupid. How could this creature not feel the constellations swirling inside of her veins? The power of magic was raw and untouched by mortality. He felt it everyday in his blood, his bones, his skin. Sewn between sinew and epidermis magic made its home in him. He felt it pulsating in the amulets tied in his mane. He turned now to pluck one from the ties, lowering his head to place it on the ground below him. "This amulet is stored with magic, like two before it I have crushed and felt its effects. The Moon Goddess gave them to me, you see, so I could complete a quest to gain more magic, to become more powerful." He lifted a solid hoof and rested it on the amulet, and it glowed a dark, raging purple. "Do you wish to see?" He asked, tilting his head to the side some and looking at her with clever eyes.

The girl reminded him of the desert, of the small Sultana. Their coloration was nearly the same, as well as that stern look the little girl held (despite her heart's best efforts, Abraham suspected). A dark, dry smile licked Abraham's lips like a serpent, wrinkling his lips some as he waited for the filly to speak. She would have little say in the manner, though, because the leviathan moved his hoof down with might, crushing the amulet beneath his pristinely, white feathered hoof.

image credit

@Asavvi @Mythical Request

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The amulet bursts. Abraham will experience none of the effects, but those around him will. To those around him, his words will be twisted - everything that he says will sound like an apology, like he is nervous/afraid, or that he is uncomfortable. It will also look like he curled his mane slightly, and that he has glitter on his face (but like with his speech, it won't look that way to him)

Absent Abyss
Laine

”The Leviathan.” It was a name that would stay with the girl for a long time, one that would creep into dreams and linger just out of sight. It conjured pictures of the legend that lurked in the sea, where the water was cold and dark and deep. Surely this beast was a match for the name, it rolled off his tongue with matched menace that wrapped her in ice and held her captive. The screechers came again, horrid angry things, and Asavvi lifted her eyes to the circling dragons. Her mother’s eagle could have taken the white one, but the gold would have been nearly twice his size and neither mattered for her guardian was not here, and neither was her mother, or her father. She was alone and faced with a beast that spoke of devouring gods.

The Leviathan questioned her of magic and around the edges of her fear snuck curiosity and the smallest hint of pride. Is that what she had felt? This tie to what had been? She would have thought it would have been like her mother’s, warm and bright and welcoming but now it seemed so dark. Was it really this that had been sleeping inside her? This conduit to pain and suffering and not only that but he was mocking her for it. As different as she might have been, she was still the Sunspear's daughter. She did not speak but a are flare of stubborn pride stiffened her spine and had her glaring at the the stallion. Magic. If she had felt anything before now it had seemed small and beautiful but the way he spoke the word made her want to recoil. How dare he? Wasn’t it enough to be threatening, wasn’t it enough that she had to be powerless and frightened, did he have to make her a bad thing too?

The Leviathan placed the amulet on the ground; she had been warned about the Goddess, and in the girls mind she was just as much a creature of nightmares. “No!” Her voice was firmer than before, for she was sure nothing that came from that amulet could be good. The thing seemed to pulse, a glowing purple heart and Asavvi remembered the purple specter she had conjured, the one in the midst of war. Her ears went flat now, not only was she frightened but now the little stargazer was something she had never truly been before: angry.

If a wolf must kill to eat, that was nature. In her childish understanding of the world it was sad perhaps but it was spoke in the wheel of life. Death was a natural thing, not necessarily a bad one, but cruelty was and cruelty was written all over The Leviathan’s face. “Don’t, I don’t want to see—“ Her voice was a hiss, an angry whisper because whatever he was going to do was going to be bad, whatever came from the Moon Goddess was going to be bad. Her safe, happy world was gone, it had betrayed her with the help of the hulking, smirking, monster. The change was subltle, he still stood there, leering at her with the shards of the amulet under his hoof and his dragons circleing overhead; but he was different. The mane that hung lank curled back in lazy waves and the dark frightening face suddenly shimmered. 

....is this a joke?

For the first time the girl gave ground, stepping back as her head fell to the side. The anger and hurt and fear had fallen away from her face to leave only a mask of sheer puzzlement.

Asavvi
credits