the Rift

[OPEN] you can brush my hair

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

We gotta go East!” She chimes out to him, her voice louder to compensate for their plodding feet over the ground. Tangere's barely make a sound as they float over the ice, stones and lichen. “I know a neat little pass through the mountains back here – so we don't have to go alllll the way around. That would be a day and a half just getting out of the Basin.” She lets a theatrics 'oif' leave her, like a grunt of exhaustion. She is far from exhausted though and her plucky, chunky little fuzzy body moves effortlessly over the terrain.

We go through here first. Don't worry, it's stable.” She dives into a dark cave tunnel with dreary looking lighting and ghostly cold wind blowing from it. Embers permanently burn and crackle in little copper saucers mounted to the walls. Ancient Basinfolk put them in, she guesses, and they leave a barely lit way through the short stone tunnel that resides under the mountains. She imagines a creepy mountain troll scurrying in everyday tending the coals...or is it magic? Who knows with this place, really. Their feet make noise against the cold wet stone, and the tunnel drips with moisture gathering at it's dome. It's well wide and tall enough for them to move comfortably through it side by side. The sun is bright and unrelenting as they emerge out the other side, but the air is crisper and it's breeze colder. A few miles more and they now walk across crunchy frosted grass. And beyond it's easy to see the rock formations glinting against the yellow beams of warm light, and they lay amongst pure whiteness. The color of sun-bleached bone with bits of gray rock dotting the sparkling snows.

Out there.” She jumps up and twirls around, feeling so very energetic by this adventure they're embarking on ever so randomly. “It looks like it just snowed, too! C'mon!” She says the last part as she's already in motion. A jog quickly turns into a full run. Could he run for miles or would he need a break? She wonders this as she keeps an ear bent to him, not letting her legs fully get away from her until she knows he can stay with her.

Image By PSILO!

@Johnny !

Anyone else is welcome too, just let Johnny post first.
They're coming from the Basin, running (well, Tang is running) from the west end of the Steppe toward the middle.

• You may use violence and magic against her at will, but no death.
  • Please tag me so I don't forget anyone(:

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Alright, I’ll admit it - we got to that dark, dreary cave and the first thing that went through my mind (okay second: right after a quick flash of ‘sexy time?!’) was ‘this is how I’m going to die’. Tangere brought me here and the rest of the Basin was surely lurking because they had finally had enough of me parading around my sweet bod and they wanted more than a taste. They were going to devour me!

But I follow Tangere anyway because hey, she’s nice and there’s probably only a 40% chance that she’s leading me to my doom. And if she is? Well, a small part of me is okay with it. I’m sure there are worse deaths.

And, quite frankly, I’m a little curious. Would it hurt?

Such dark thoughts! You’d think I was Jacob, he was always the brooding brother. He’s much better at it than I am. I blame the freaky pathway. We’re probably choking on centuries of old smoke and sweat and Deimos knows what else, you know?

Eventually (good gum drops it feels like we’ve been walking forever) we make it back to the fresh air and I’m relieved, all thoughts of being eaten alive evaporate and are left in the darkness.

We were back in the sunshine but it was cooler here and I was thrilled about that - I stood beside Tangere and follow her gaze out across and I started prancing on the spot when I saw what she did. Fresh snow! “How marvellous! Aren’t you a marvel, my dear!” And then she took off!

Oh, so we’re running now, are we?

I’m not particularly fond of strenuous activities - I get all sweaty and that causes me to get sticky which is not as fun as anyone makes it seem. But I’m also not a poor sport so I build myself up to a gallop to chase after her. It doesn’t take long for her to pull ahead of me but I don’t mind! I even shout out when she looked back: “Don’t worry! I’ll get there eventually.” I’ll be huffing and puffing when I do but I’ll make it. Plus, it’s a beautiful view of her from back here and I know she’ll stop eventually.

And as I’m galloping the funniest thing happens - the air around me stays cool. Like, I know we’re in a frozen land okay it’s already cold but my sweat is staying cool and the air around me is maintained at a delightful temperature. Magic? I don’t know whether it’s coming from me or the area around me but I’m okay with it either way!

I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere :D
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

She's ahead, galloping loosely through the deepening drifts of fluffy sparkling snow and him behind, shouting over the frosty breeze. She smiles to him and spins into a spectacular skidding stop, her silvery tail raised and slashing it's small plume of wispy silken hairs. It's bobbed short, as if cropped by a hungry goat, but still her gray tail skin is well hidden (think Appaloosa or Arab). Her mane is the same density, weightless against the gentle push of any slight wind or movement on her part. A single braid with a single blue bead, her amulet magic encased within, hangs the heaviest within it's wild little tangles. She watches him with big harvest moon eyes, the perfect mixture of crystalline snow and sunlight making them glow like copper on fire. An elixir of the eyes. A natural occurrence that can only happen when those elements combine perfectly and lay themselves in her glassy gaze.

Above them circles the white eagle sized raven that follows the silver unicorn around relentlessly. His blue eyes match the sea of open sky above and his feathers the pureness of the cotton-wad fog clouds that float aimlessly around the tallest mountains before sinking into their own storm displays below.

So she stands ankle deep in the chilly slush and snow beneath – it's getting warmer by the minute, she quickly notices. It's the Steppe and it never fully melts here, she knows this, but it can still be softened. Not as much fun, for sure. Brr, she notes the sudden drop in temperature at Johnny's approach. It's a rather confusing notion to calculate all at once...but as the shivers wrinkle out of her raised fur she gives him a delighted grin. “So..you're sweet and you bring the cold?” She reaches out with a giggle and licks along his cheek, smacking her lips as the sugary taste makes her salivate. “Yummmm...” More giggling and a bit of the same prancing in place that he did before.

With no warning or preparation she drops to her knees and flops over into the snow, rolling and kicking up into the air and rolling again. “Come on, it's so fun!” She switches sides and makes sure she's good and covered with the clingy white fluff, steadying herself in the upright (but still lying down) position, she peers to her play partner to see just what he's decided to do.

She's certainly decided it's time to romp and roll and they can certainly finish walking more north to the freshly fallen snows soon enough. It was certainly nice to let the child inside bubble out into the world for an adventure or two, and what a nice boy Johnny is for unlocking such an enlightening realization (even if it's subconscious for both).

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

@Johnny
<33

Outcast
Johnny
Jumpin’ jellybeans I’m sure glad when she stopped running so that I could slow down myself and stop nearby. These little legs just ain’t made to run long distances!

And I’m also glad to find that I’m not going crazy and that someone else noticed the drop in temperature. I laugh with delight at Tangere’s assessment and even more so when she licked my cheek! I can’t tell you how much that tickles. I don’t know whether it’s just because of the sugar or because it actually feels that delightful but either way, it’s a lot of fun. “It’s a new trick! I think Helovia’s rubbing off on me.”

I was familiar with the sensation that was associated with magic so I knew this had to be something of the sort. I used to be able to make it snow on Nocturne, a small little flurry that could follow me around and cheer up my friends, but although it had the same sensation when it was working magic was still a little different there. No longer did I have those funny little orbs that would follow me around, physical manifestations of the tricks I could do, but instead it lay secret just waiting for the chance to be shown off!

And boy did I love to show off.

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Prompty, I sort of fall over - ever seen a fainting goat? It’s a lot like that, I’m kind of an expert at the whole falling-over-into-snow thing because I do it a whole lot. Once I’m down on the ground I squirm and roll, kicking up snow (and attempting to kick some over toward my dear friend, the silver lady!), my green eyes just dancing with mirth. Now this was more like it. Laughing I let my legs all fall to one side and try to find Tangere, resting just for a moment to catch my breath. “You know, I just don’t understand people that don’t love the snow.”
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere <3
please tag in all posts

Phrixus looked down at them  - silly fools - his gritty voice comes through her mind's ear. She snickers at him and throws herself into another spirited roll. She leaves herself belly up, grinning with her eyes closed just listening to the wind and his voice; feeling the cold and the fluff that surrounds her. “I sure don't get it either...” She flops back over and wriggles up next to him, finding a spot on the opposite side of where his legs lay out across the soft snow. She takes a deep breath before burying her face in the white piles of cold cotton fluff, popping up seconds later  with chunks of crystalline flakes gathered across her nose and in her thin plume of a forelock. She whuffs a cloud of cold breath his way, bits of of snow spin and float toward him on a translucent white cloud that soon dissipates. She sighs happily before surrendering her small head across his ribs, nuzzling her cheek into sweet fur. She sucks in another deep breath, the coldness filling her lungs, his sugary smell captivating her olfactory glands and her eyes fluttering closed again. Her skin is so charged that she almost feels like shes dreaming. Her tummy feels like perhaps it's sick, but excitement surges through her veins simultaneously. His body is warm even though he gives off a blanket of comfortable chill. It's the perfect cuddly combo and she finds herself unable to resist tangling herself beside him, folding herself any way she can to fit to him like puzzle piece.

The muddy brown of her eyes half open seconds later and the one not nestled into his warmth sets to the grayish sky. The ear that lays against his cozy powdery fur can hear and feel his pulse and the distant gurgles of a properly working gut. She smiles dreamily and picks her head up to look at him, snow still clinging to her mane. “I can hear your heart...” She isn't sure why she said it or what it's even supposed to mean, but the idea of it certainly filled her with joy. She wriggles closer now, fixing her position to cuddle more efficiently trying not to poke him with a hoof or knee him harshly in the back. She finds a nook against him, pressing her shoulder to his while she adjusts herself, flopping her feet out in the other direction, putting her back against his and her shoulder just under his a few inches.  She stretches and plops her pale cheek onto his neck, laying her head over him and tickling pink lips against his exposed ear. “I like this.” Her voice is soft and almost nervous, whispering quietly into the ruby little ear her lips are toying with.

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

@Johnny

omg idk what just happened <33

Outcast
Johnny
Well now this was a delight! Snow and all things related were wonderful and they were especially wonderful to have someone to spend them with! Tangere, this darling mare that brought me to the cold when I needed it, is an absolute delight and she rests her head against my ribs, snuggling in and I shift myself carefully so that she can more easily rest against me.

It’s almost intimate but it’s incredibly relaxing all at the same time, though my sides do shake with laughter as she mentioned my heart and how she could hear it - probably causing her head to move up and down with the quick movements. “I wonder if it’s covered in candy too…” I muse out loud with more laughter. I mean, probably - my blood (not that it spills very often) is bright pink so I imagine that my heart is pretty much the same. Although hopefully no one will ever find out - I’d rather just assume that I am literally a sweetheart in more ways than one!

How many other horses can say that?!

Oh… I guess there’s at least one more - my twin brother - but he’s not here right now so he doesn’t count!

I twist my head a bit to watch her as she rests herself comfortably against my back - stretching out as I have so that we’re lying right up against each other. Her breath and small nibbles on my ear send shivers down my spine that have nothing whatsoever to do with the cold or snow - but I don’t really think too much about it. I mean, my ears are just as sugary as the rest of me. Who wouldn’t want to nibble on those babies?? They’re so cute and pink-tipped. “Me too.” Even though I’m facing away from her I’m pretty sure my smile is obvious in my voice.

Not just a smile though, bliss!

I sigh contentedly then, feeling so peaceful after the running and playing we had just done! “Ah! I could lie like this for days.” We probably could too, technically. A few days was enough to get by living off of my hair and the snow around us. Although I guess that might get a little too close to cannibalism...

Alright, maybe just lie here for a little while longer. Yeah, that was better.
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Tangere omg I'm so sorry this took so long!!
please tag in all posts

His sweet scent surrounds them and mixes so gently with her own faint cinnamon aroma. The snow starts to tumble gracefully down now, flitting like feathers before landing silently below. A storm seems to have split and gone around them. It dusts over where they lay with each other so peacefully while graying the edges of the horizon and muffling the light with it's heavy snows in the distance. The snowstorm lets out dull howls on each side of them as it passes by. It will cut over the snowy peaks and flow violently through the valleys for a while before eventually fading away or getting swallowed into the ocean. Tangere pays it no mind at all and only cares about Johnny's calming sigh that leaves plumes of cotton-mist that floats from his pink nose. She can see the clouds of breath trickling up from him as he breathes and giggles along with her. Their grins match as they lay there collecting snow. Meanwhile she is affectionately nibbling at his flavorful ear, listening to him dreamily as he speaks of his heart and starts to let his mind wander. She can tell when he's doing that 'talking to himself' thing (inside his head); always. His candy eyes seem to glaze and his expression turns slightly hollow... As if he's having a dream while awake. She finds this thing about him so utterly adorable.

Oh boy...” She takes a deep and satisfied gulpful of delicious cold air. “Me too.” She sits up, laying with her pale limbs folded neatly underneath her fuzzy frame. She reaches up and opens her mouth to net the sinking snowflakes with her pink tongue. “Mmm.” She hums to herself, her eyes closed. “I do indeed enjoy it here...with you” Her voice is trailed by the whistle of the storm stirring to their east and west and her ears bend to the faint rumbles. Her attention is suddenly with the snows that start to rage from afar. “Ugh.” She snorts as her eyes flutter open and her ears perk to the western mountains, which are now whited out. The snow is still so softly coming down where they are; gathering on them only a little if they remain still. "It's a lie. The storm will close in soon enough." Phrixus' voices comes through and he swoops in from out of nowhere to cling to her scarred withers. “We better be off unless we want to trudge through eight feet of fresh snow on our way out.” She lets her hazelnut eyes slide down to him with a smile, giggling and standing up to shake off and start to make her way toward home. She waits patiently for him to rise and follow her back to the Basin.

non omnis moriar

Image Credit<3

@Johnny
yeah i'm a disgrace for taking so long xD
my billion sorries.

also you can totally not reply and we'll assume they leave together
or reply to close it up, either way <3