the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's Time to Wake Up Now (Vincent)

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She was battered and broken, her soul lost within the depths of those sad and sunken hazel eyes as she carried herself into the fields. She couldn't fly anymore, she was too weak and exhausted to accomplish such a task, and so she only limped, favoring her left forehoof as she searched for water. Her usually flawless coat was caked in dust, crusted over and making her almost unrecognizable; if it weren't for those brilliant wings upon her back. Well, they would be if they weren't tattered and worn, their sheen lost due to the damage done to them. The delicate webbing that gave her flight had taken a beating, just like the rest of her did. She wasn't the same girl that left Helovia in the first place. As she traveled deeper into the fields, the scent of water caused her drip lips to split open in longing. Without another thought her pace sped up, and soon she was splashing into the shallow depths of a nearby stream. The coolness of Orangemoon had spread to the waters, causing her to shiver and quake before finally relaxing into the liquid.

Eagerly she lapped up the droplets, taking in the sustenance and sighing as the coolness soothed her aching frogs. She had been traveling for quite awhile, and this moment was much needed. She drank until she thought she would burst, before simply lying on her side and basking in the evening light, letting the water lap at her filthy coat and carrying away the dirt. She was too tired to wash herself, too tired to do anything but simply rest there and embrace this moment. A soft sigh escaped inky lips, and her eyes fluttered to show that she was finally able to relax. It had been so long since she could feel at ease, or even be able to let her guard down. The world outside of Helovia was a dangerous one, much more dangerous than she had expected, and now she was feeling the repercussions of her decision of leaving. But... she had to try and find Mother. After being here for so long, after growing up and realizing just how much Mother was missing, the pain had become too much and she had decided she would go. She hadn't seen Cerin or Vincent for awhile, both of them had seemed to have other things to take care of, and she had left without even a goodbye and went on her journey.

What a mistake she had made. She knew this now, and only hope she could find at least one of them again, could embrace them and tell them just how much they had been missed. But she couldn't, not now, she needed to regain her strength and heal these wounds. Vincent would be terrified if he came across her like this, and Cerin would only be too overprotective. She couldn't handle that right now, it took too much of her energy, and yet she still longed for company. Groaning at the cold water that began to numb her skin she finally arose, causing brown drops to fall from her bodice and reveal some of her lovely whiteness once again. She glanced at her frame, seeming to notice for the first time just how much she had grown. She was no longer a filly, but a mare, with bodacious curves and silky coat, she had turned out to be quite beautiful. Even with battered wings and some wounds, she still looked gorgeous, not that was something she ever really thought about.

With a swish of her milky tail she sighed, before finally placing her lips to her coat and beginning to groom. She felt revitalized, the crisp water and rest giving her newfound energy that spurred her to finally get clean. She wanted to look her best for her boys, and so she made sure to be very meticulous with every stroke of her muzzle. The act was soothing in its own way, being able to massage the aches out of her body and to finally feel normal again, and not like a rogue hiding from the enemy. Once she deemed herself clean she shook herself, droplets splaying from her as she finally left the depths that had given her sanctuary. She walked through the heather that she had missed so much, brushing her maw along it to take in its scent, before finally gazing outward, ready to search for her companions. This was where Vincent was the last time she saw him, and she only hoped that he would still be in the vicinity. With a crisp nicker and her ears pricked, Myrrine called out, eyes searching longingly for the black giant that she had grown so fond of.

OOC: Done!!!
TAG: @Vincent
WC:

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Vincent
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Vincent wasn’t certain just what had lured him back to the Heavenly Fields. It was too open, too exposing, too dangerous for someone  like him to wander around. He should go back to the Falls in search of Archibald and seek solace and protection with his twin, not amble through the open fields while thoroughly exposing himself to any who might be looking for him, or to who might be looking for something to kill. To hunt. To play with and torture.

The mere thought caused the massive, sulking giant to shudder, a chill overtaking his ebony frame that had nothing to do with the fact that it was Orangemoon. For a fall day, it was mild, but his fear, his anxiety filled him with a chill that not even winter’s coldest freeze could match.

So, if he was terrified… What had brought him here? Why had he come here? He needed to leave, to run, to find somewhere safe, preferably in Archibald’s impressive shadow where he knew that he would be safe, but something… Something kept him coming back here. To this spot.

Myrrine.

That was it.

An image of the tiny winged creature, the petite frame and the spotted, supple body popped into his mind, pushing away the fear and instead replacing it with the warmth that thought of Myrrine could bring. She was different. Kind. Wonderful. Gentle. A beautiful, pristine soul among an ugly world of darkness and death. A light in the darkness… Every time they had crossed paths, Myrrine’s smile had warmed Vincent’s darkness, driving away his paranoia and terror-induced madness. Never had she pressured him, never had she even tried to neglect him, and Vincent knew that it wasn’t due to their size differences.

Large as he was, the giant would not stand in a confrontation. Even one as small as Myrrine could tear him apart if she truly wanted…

It was then that a sound reached his ears, the sudden shift of steps and the rhythmic thud of footfalls approaching his position. A nicker, fresh and joyous like spring echoed across the Fields, and Vincent froze mid-step. Impossible.

Lifting his head, Vincent swallowed, lips quivering as slightly-glowing golden orbs turned and saw a heavenly visage approach. It was her. What was she, to know that he had just been thinking of her? At the stallion’s side, Claribel whined pitifully, looking between the two equines.

“M-M-Myrrine…?”

@Myrrine

ooc: Sorry for the wait! Forgive my shoddy post, I’m still rusty from my break. xD

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

And like a shot of adrenaline to her chest she was revived; his scent upon the wind and all too familiar to her. Legs begin moving and eyes search longingly for him, a grin upon ebony maw as she finally got to see him. It wasn't long before his beautiful and gargantuan shadow came into view, followed by the smaller silhouette of his beloved mutt. With eyes full of starlight she giggled, closing the gap and taking this moment to embrace him, letting her head bury itself into the side of his massive neck; white mixing with black. A sigh escaped soft lips and long lashes fluttered closed, showing her contentment and sense of joy of being home. Sure, she had been in Helovia for a little while now, but it wasn't the same without Vincent. He had been the missing piece to her puzzle, the key to her happiness, and now she shone as bright as a star shooting across the sky. She was a burning flame that could not be extinguished, not that she wanted that anyway.

Reluctantly she broke the contact they had, hazel eyes looking into gold ones as a smile never left her complexion. This was what she had missed; the scent of him and who he was, those kind eyes even though they were filled with fear. How she had missed their conversations that sometimes went on into the night, not to mention the warmth that filled her entire body when she was simply with him. He was her big teddy bear, her candle in the night that seemed to never flicker out. Yes, Vincent was terrified of everything, even her 16hh frame, yet she couldn't help but feel so much better, so much safer in his presence. Whether it was self assurance because of his size, or her own confidence in him, no one would ever know. All she could do was cherish this moment, and with a soft breath let the words escape her lips in a whisper," Oh Vincent, I've missed you."

OOC: Sorry I didn't post too much and took so long. It'll all come back <3
TAG:

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Vincent
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3