Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Murtagh had survived the hottest season of the year, somehow, and now that the weather was starting to cool down again the colt was feeling a little more comfortable. He still missed the snow, missed leaping through the snow and kicking up a fuss and chasing Aodaun and Eytan through drifts.

But this new season wasn’t all that bad, he supposed.

Instead of snow, instead of heat, there were leaves everywhere. They had started falling from the trees - he had been baffled by the appearance of leaves when they had first appeared as a quick blush of green on the tips of the branches and now he was equally baffled when they were starting to fall off again. What was the point of them even growing in the first place if they were just going to go and do that? It didn’t make any sense!

But they certainly provided a lot of entertainment.

After spending yesterday destroying every pile of leaves he could find, Murtagh had decided to build the biggest pile ever.

He had spent the entire morning in one of the clumps of trees that was scattered around his home. Pushing leaves together was tricky when you didn’t have hands and he wished that Mama was around to help with those big passive paws. The occasional glance around was cast to see if there wa sa fuzzy brown head poking through the bushes and keeping an eye out but for the moment, at least, the roan colt was on his own.

Slowly the pile started to grow and he wasn’t going to rest until every single leaf was in this pile and it was big enough to hide a grizzly bear. A combination of shuffling along with his nose and legs might not be the most effective way to gather leaves but it was keeping him busy, keeping his mind off of the fact that (at present) his compass was keeping stubbornly quiet and that meant his bear cub wasn’t any closer to being found. He had quickly found out that leaves didn't taste very good and had quickly abandoned the method of using mouthfuls to build up his castle of a pile.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Apollo & @Ktulu <3
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

Even though Orangemoon was mild in the Hidden Falls, Apollo couldn't help but be swayed into wonderment and awe by the vibrant display of the trees shedding their leaves. It was almost sad, watching the beautiful greens change into yellows, oranges, and reds, and even though it was a marvelous sight, a part of him was sad. The trees were preparing for their winter slumber, but the Merciful stag knew that he would see them again come Birdsong.

"Goodnight, my friends," Apollo murmured to the trees that he passed by and stepped beneath their colorful limbs, jeweled crown dipping low to avoid catching any low branches, "Rest well."

His heart was light. Content. Rested. Restored. For the time being Apollo felt at peace, enjoying the solitary life that he and Zola had pursued after learning of the death of Midas. It had been a hard blow, that bit of information, and for a long time the painted stallion had suffered with crippling depression and long nights of questions and tears. He had remained in the Hidden Falls, however, choosing to stay and linger in the background until his heart had mended and healed before allowing himself to meet with others.

Zola had been his constant companion, his precious, steadfast rock to rely on during those cold, bleak nights where nothing no longer made sense. He could have sought out Lakota, or Ktulu, or maybe even Archibald... But they wouldn't have understood. There was hostility towards the late Gallant that he couldn't understand, and likewise, they did not understand the kinship he had felt with the former Czar. Things had been a mess, a terrible, terrible mess... But there had been nothing that he could do save recover. And so, that's what he had done, alone, save Zola.

The said black feline lay stretched out across the overo's back, back paws over one side and front paws over the other, the tip of her tail twitching back and forth. She was awake, peering around through sightless eyes, smelling the changes of the season and seeing through Apollo's own oculars. It was the gift of their bond, to allow her to see through Apollo's own vision.

'Orangemoon is pretty, Apollo.'

A smile quirked the Merciful's lips, and he nodded, nostrils flaring to take in the scent of the changing season. "It is, Zola. Very." Every step was taken mindfully, as the last thing that he wanted to do was jostle the blind feline and make her lose her balance. If only he could find some way to make a pouch for her to rest in during their travels...

Coming out of a collection of trees, Apollo's warm chocolate eyes spotted something rather peculiar. Was that a youngster? Playing in a pile of leaves? For a few moments the stallion watched the familiar-colored youngling gather a myriad of different colored leaves, pushing and shaping them into a rather impressive pile. Feeling a soft smile spread upon his dark lips, the black and white overo ventured closer, eyes kind, posture relaxed. Zola, as well, perked up from her position upon the stallion's barrel, straightening up and sitting upon his spine with a curious tilt to her head.

"What have you got there, little brother?" He asked softly, his vocals melodic and wistful. Well, that was definitely a way to use the leaves shed by his dearest friends. "That's quite an impressive pile of leaves you have gathered."

@Murtagh

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Well! Murtagh was stepping back, surveying his pile and thinking about how it could be improved, when he was interrupted. Which was alright - he did love to have company. It was fun to use his imagination and think up games but the colt was so rarely alone - between his mothers and their companions and his friends - that it actually felt a little odd to have alone time.

Although the manner in which he was addressed threw him for a little bit of a loop. ‘Little brother?’ “Are we brothers?!” Murtagh had dropped his game to stare at this stallion, trying to figure it out. But, then again, he hadn’t known he had a sister either so it was, technically, possible so the colt embrassed it as a hard truth. Tilting his head, his nose scrunched up a little bit as he faced this new problem. “I just found out I had a sister too, did you know that we had one?” How many other siblings did he have? They just seemed to be popping up all over the place lately. He thought maybe this stallion could be his brother - he had the same black coat as Ktulu. And a… oh man, what was that on his back? Murtagh’s lavender eyes widened as he took in the little kitten - but since he had not yet learned the word ‘cat’ he just thought it looked rather like a bear had a baby with a squirrel. Which was totally wicked and he was just about to ask about it when his new brother was asking about the pile of leaves he had made.

His attention turned eagerly to the pile of red, brown, orange, and yellow by his hooves - his expression turning from bewilderment over this new family member to absolute pride in his efforts. “THANKS! I’ve been working on it all day.” But, of course, now that he had a friend here - the small pile that he had managed wasn’t nearly finished. Eyeing up this stallion, it was easy to see that they had more work ahead of them. But, between the two of them, it shouldn’t take as long as the first bit. “We’ll need more leaves if you’re gonna wanna roll in it too, wanna help?!”

‘No’ really wasn’t going to be an acceptable answer and Murtagh was now beaming up at his ‘brother’ with his most winning smile. The idea of sharing this game with someone else was a much better way to spend his day.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Apollo
pixel by Kiara <3

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

'Are we brothers?!'

The sudden, quick, positively excited inquiry was met by a blank stare from the Merciful. He had never truly had someone believe that they were blood-siblings whenever he would greet individuals with such fondness, but, then again... Despite his kindred nature, Apollo wasn't one to really spend time around foals. Not because he didn't want to, but because he had encountered a few amount of them during his time in Helovia.

The youngster went on. 'I just found out I had a sister too, did you know that we had one?'

The Merciful's blank, honey-brown stare was quick to warm, and a jovial, mirthful chuckle escaped his lips. Instead of outright saying that they weren't siblings, however, Apollo lowered his crowned head, gaze curiously meeting the lavender eyes that looked so oddly familiar. "We're siblings of a sort, young brother," he stated affectionately, his heart lightened by the colt's blatant innocence.

Luckily before the youth could inquire any more unto their not-relation, he was distracted, jerking his head back towards the pile of colorful leaves with such voracity that Apollo feared he would get whiplash. Now, Apollo certainly didn't consider himself old by any type of the word, but he would admit that he was having trouble keeping up with the youngling's course of thought. Roll in the leaves? Well...

Straightening, Apollo looked back and forth, gazing around them to see if anyone was nearby. Who did this youngling belong to? His scent was familar, but marred. Mixed. Perhaps his mother or father wouldn't be too far off...

"I would love to help," Apollo stated, to which Zola gave a soft mew of agreement. The black feline found this colt's personality quite refreshing. "Are you gathering any particular kinds of leaves? Or simply any leaves?" And hopefully ones already on the ground, not that the Merciful imagined that his 'little brother' could reach any leaves still on the limbs of the trees to pluck them off. "We'll get many leaves, and make this pile the largest that there ever was. Does that sound alright?"

As an afterthought, the monochromatic stallion hesitated, his smile softening in sincerity. "I am Apollo, little brother. I don't believe I caught your name."

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Murtagh

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Murtagh couldn’t decide which of his mothers this new brother looked like most - he could be a full brother! Both ages and genetics were far beyond his grasp of understanding so he figured it must be possible. His sister had wings so it wasn’t weird at all that this guy had a blue horn! He also didn’t really understand what ‘siblings of a sort’ meant either, because it was followed up (again!) by the word brother. This was so cool! Two older siblings that he had no idea existed before now.

Besides, the really important part of the whole thing was the pile of leaves.

And both the stallion and the not-bear on his back showed their agreement that they simply must make the pile bigger. “Any leaves! Unless you know of some that are special and would work the best?” Were there different types of leaves?? He hadn’t thought about that before but he supposed it could be possible. He mostly distinguished them by colour but had found sorting them by such to be tedious and counterproductive to making the best pile of leaves that the Falls has ever seen!

His new friend had a similar plan too! The roan colt was grinning widely as his big brother talked of getting many leaves for their pile. He certainly had the right idea! “Yes! That’d be perfect! The biggest pile!!”

But before they could get down to the fun part, the whole manners thing had to be taken care of. “Oh yeah my Mammina’s always telling me I’m being rude when I don’t introduce myself. I’m Murtagh! It’s nice to meet you, Apollo.” That last little bit was a little forced - Murtagh was reciting from a script in his head about what he had been told to say when he met someone knew. But now that that was over, they could get back to the fun things!

“What'd'ya think, we could work together to start pushing them over here?” Things should definitely go a little smoother now that he had help.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Apollo
pixel by Kiara <3