the Rift

[PRIVATE] Stalling Stars

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I am stalling. Oh, but what glorious stalling it is! The sky has called out its chorus of stars from wherever they practice during the daytime and they now twinkle in rhythm to a song our ears will never hear. Sometimes I wish that I could fly high enough to join them. But at least for this moment I feel content. I am up to my chest in a hot spring I found tucked away in a secluded spot on the Riptide Isles. It is a paradise! The isles are what I wish the Dragon's Throat was. If they were more alike I would have no complaints about returning.

The Riptide Isles are surrounded by water and dotted with it. It is as though they wish to blend into the sea and remain unnoticed. Before night slipped across the isles I spent the day frolicking from one source of water to another. Even the rain puddles here seem more interesting! I have the feathers of a bird but I believe my heart is more akin to that of a scaly fish.

The plants here are so different from any others that I have tasted and my stomach is filled with them. A few of my favorites rest within reach of where I stand in the steamy water. Reaching out to where a golden berry has rolled I lip it up and allow its bittersweet flavor to distance my thoughts of the Throat. Thankfully the night has hidden the isles and the herd land from each other making it all that much easier to forget.

Notes: It will get better from here!

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Timothy Posts: 18
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15hh :: 2 (Birdsong)
Watermel0nBob

You're moving quickly, recklessly in the foliage with an intent I cannot help but admire. Even in your cowardice ways you still seem to hold some determination. You are quick on your healing limbs, the scabs fading back into the ivory snow that is your coat. You are learning to ignore me now, but soon you will slip back into the vicious circle I have created for you. My fingers curl in beckoning and though you do not heed my call I know I will claim you as mine once more. Keep feigning bravery boy, make yourself feel like you're actually the one in control here.

I will be in control soon, you snap back at me, teeth clenching together in an attempt to intimidate me. But we both know this is all a ploy, a wolf in sheep's clothing in hopes that I shall perhaps call your bluff and run away. Keep thinking I am not you lad, keep assuming that you are pure and innocent like your tribe thought you to be. You may have been royalty there, but here you are nothing more than scum on the ground. If anything you are my pet, my precious trinket that I will never release. Our bond is forever, and no weapon you wield can ever break it. But please sweet Timothy, my little alabaster lamb, continue to dream and hope for yourself, because I will be waiting patiently for when reality finally sets in.

You find the hot springs with ease, yet you don't notice the beautiful femme who is relaxing in them. Perhaps it is your sheer tunnel vision or your lack of interest in socialization whatsoever, but you seamlessly walk past her with purpose in each step, before grabbing any morsel you can find to gorge yourself with. Golds, purples, blues and pinks, all melding together between your jaws as you hope that the concoction will finally put an end to me. You swallow, take a deep breath then forage again, with reckless abandon, hoping to fill yourself gluttonously to end the pain quicker. Have you not realized yet little Timmy? That it is not me who is causing your suffering, but you? Believe it or not you are the puppet master here my boy, and I am merely a willing puppet.

Your motion is abrupt as a berry goes down the wrong tube. You snort, then begin to try and clear your throat. Soon its tightening around the lump and you're wheezing, trying to catch breath in hopes that maybe you can overcome this obstacle. For this may be a way to die, but it is not the way you wanted to go. You feel that this means I win, and that you will never truly be free. Falling to your knees you continue to gasp, no sound escaping except for the lashing of your feathered tail. Your eyes have begun to bulge and your lips are growing purple. To think this is how it would end for you; on my terms and not yours...

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!!!

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)

Outcast
TierRen

I did not mind that I go unnoticed. There is only a slight burn dealt to my pride. It does no more than tingle. I wade to the deeper end of the spring and I face away from the one who has came. I do not desire the company of another. I try to ignore the racket made while they feast on the berries. My ears flick back. Silence would stretch between us if it were not for the noise.

"Aren't they good?" I ask the question in an offhand manner so that if they still choose not to acknowledge me I don't have to nurse my pride past the small burn already dealt. I do want to be noticed whether I will admit it to myself or not. I turn only my head to actually look at whoever it is that has also stumbled upon this part of the Isles. The someone is certainly a he and an interesting he at that. This stallion awakes my curiosity. His tail is something I have never seen before. I am a feathered fish, minus the scales, but he is all bird. His tail belongs on a bird of paradise.

For the stallion preening must be a terrible hassle. Not only does he have to deal with heavily feathered wings but also a tail of feathers? No thank you. The thought is enough to make me wince. It takes me long enough to care for my wings as it is. Not that this guy seems to do much preening. His is a disaster. Fading scabs litter and mar his coat. He is stained by dirt and leaves that cling to him; I assume that he gained the passengers on his way here. Just who is he? Without my notice my body has began to turn in his direction.

An idiot. He is an idiot.

I roll my eyes and once more turn away. I face away only briefly before I am walking out of the water. Soon enough I am standing at his side dripping water on both him and the ground. Seconds turn to what feels like hours as I wait for him to swallow the berry choking him. The longer that this goes on the more trouble that he is in. My annoyance has turned to concern making me feel breathless.

"I, uhm-- " I fold my knees to kneel beside him, "I'm sorry. I do not know what to do." I do know that he needs to remain calm. I have been in the same moment that he has found himself to be in. Only I was led to it by my condition, rather than by choking, but the fear of not being able to draw in a full breath remains the same no matter what the cause is. Panic will only make things worse.

I have no idea what to do. I would seek out help but I doubt any one else is near. All day and part of the night I have been here and he is the first company I have had other than that of my shadow. Still bent with my head resting beside his I look at his eyes. Is it uncaring that even in this moment I am taken by how lovely they are? His eyes begin to bulge ending that thought.

Sighing I stand once more and look down at the stallion. I stand still but I step out of my zone of comfort. Spreading a wing I bring my magic forth and for a few seconds flames dance wildly on my feathers before fading once more. Instead of folding my wing back to my side I lay it against his back once it has cooled enough to be no more than what I hope to be a comforting warmth. There is nothing more that I can do to help.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

How quaint she is, seeming to act as if she wasn't bothered by your lack of acknowledgement. It's obvious she is a beauty, yet that is nothing to you for you only have one task at hand. Success is futile though in this cruel universe boy. Why continue with this power struggle, when it is you who will always win, because we are one. Yet here you lay, sides heaving and mind fading in and out as you begin to come to a close in your death. You almost welcome it now, for the pain is something fierce. She has come to your aid... in her own way. As she stares you look back and stare into those yellow pools, searching for her soul. In a way you wish she would just crush your skull in, but that would be simply too easy of a way out for you boy.

Though she tries to resist the urge to help you, her kind heart seems to have gotten the best of her. Lucky you, for now. Yet it seems she's of little help as well, for only a flicker of flame escapes her wings, and once the glow begins to fade does she then place it over you. At first you flinch, having not been touched by a soul since foalhood, and though you want to kick away your energy is fading, and your consciousness is following suit. Yet what surprises the both of us is that her warmth has seemed to have actually been of use; for you can feel your muscles relaxing, and your throat slowly releasing the grasp it has on the mushed up sustenance. Soon your gasping, coughing, and out spills the culprit of your near demise along with every other berry beforehand.

Whether it landed on her or not you're not entirely sure, all you know is that air is returning to your lungs and your lips are fading back to their lively pink, as the tension fades and you begin to regulate your breathing. Coughing once more and letting your head lay flat you close your eyes, simply attempting to recover from it all. Such a shame for you that it turned out this way hm? For even if anything you digested was harmful, you wouldn't find out now. Instead it only painted your white coat like acrylic paint on a canvas, a mix of many colors that would have likely been beautiful under any other circumstances. It would only be you who can manage to throw up in front of the first pretty girl you interact with. Maybe you don't need me to torture yourself after all, for you seem to have it covered all by yourself.

Soon you're turning your gaze to her again, watching her wearily, pondering whether or not she really is an enemy. Let's not address the fact that she did actually try and help you, and simply let your irrational, paranoid mind divulge into your petty illusions that saving you was for her benefit. Not even your mother could have benefitted from saving you... and yet she did. How ironic. Where did that bring her Timothy? Where is mommy now?

Stop it! you snarl, jerking suddenly with ears pinned to your skull. Without thinking you're moving from her tender touch and freeing yourself of the cold ground. Stumbling backwards to assess the scene at a different view. It is only then that you realize that you are covered in your own filth, and with a defeated and irked expression you turn yourself towards a spring, wasting no time with entering the depths and letting your waste disperse around you. It had been so long since you bathed, and you couldn't help but suddenly realize that you were indeed in need of one. So once again you are ignoring her, working on yourself and not even realizing just how rude it is of you to not even thank the bitch for attempting to help. I may be who I am, but even I know when to be civilized.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

PLEASE ASK BEFORE INJURING/MAIMING MY CHARACTER!! (Any other physical interaction is permitted)

Outcast
TierRen

I did not realize how tense I had become until I was able to relax. My stance softens on its own accord whenever the stallion is able to breathe. All is well that ends well. "I am Faeanne." I watch him as he watches me. Both of us silent. I wonder what he is thinking.

He rises with such suddenness and with such a snarl that I shy away. It is only now that I wonder if it was better that he had not noticed me. I think back to the way that he desperately ate the berries and his ragged appearance. Am I alone with a stallion gone mad? I am taller than him even if it is only by a hair. I thrust my chest out, ruffle my feathers and hold my neck higher to make the difference more apparent. It would make more sense to take flight but I am curious about who he is still. If I flee it will only be something else that I will never know.

My worries are for nothing. He still does not acknowledge me. The closest he has came to doing so is by painting both of us with the berries he had eaten moments before. I gulp and look up and away from my more colorful than usual pastern. Somewhere among the stars I find my voice. "I helped you!" I trot behind him and slide on wet ground to the mouth of the steaming water.

Standing in the hot spring and I wonder if it helps in heating my anger, "You could have died." Surely something contributes to how easily the anger springs forth. Something has to have made it easier for words to fall from my lips. Maybe having someone throw up on you puts you past the usual social constraints. Now it is my ears that flatten against my neck. I do not know what sort of response I want from him but anything would be a start. In a fit of anger and frustration I kick mud at his white body. I will keep him busy. I will dirty him as many times as I have to in order to get some acknowledgement. It is childish but my two years leave me at not being much more than a child.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

You hear her name kiss your ears, as if that would be some comfort right in this moment, but before you can respond you are already on your way away from her, trying to shut me out and not noticing her sudden flare up of the wings. She tries to act taller to be intimidating to you, yet you give her no more notice, as your teeth are raking harshly into your coat to curry out the dirt deep within your pores. I can only chuckle at your grumpy demeanor now, your ungrateful air to the dam who essentially saved your life. Of course, I hate the fact that the bitch saved you, but nonetheless I expected you to be the more grateful type. But instead you are cleaning away, digging deeper and deeper into your skin as if trying to dig me out. I am not there imbecile, no matter how much you mar your pretty pearly coat, I shall forever remain. Apparently miss Faeanne approved of your unacknowledgement, for soon she is kicking dirt at you from the edges of the spring, looking rather irritated and snorting at you.

As the clumps of dirt fall you flinch, jolting forward suddenly in fear as your eyes turn wild, looking to her and cowering at the opposite end of the pool. I still forget how much of a pussy you really are. Your face grows dark at my comment and I can only cackle at your response, watching you quiver in rage at my harassment while still being assaulted by dirt clumps. Soon one hits your face, causing you to squeal, throwing your head back and rearing up suddenly. A big splash follows as you land down, hitting your face and bursting forward towards her direction, though if that was intentional neither of us are certain. You watch her as the waves settle, staring at her like she was a starving predator, head now down and ears flattened, waiting for something from her.

Your dense mind doesn't seem to comprehend how to respond to her, how to work with her, and so I'm forced to simply watch you stand there like an idiot, never moving until you feel you're ready to make your next move. Come on Timmy... surely you have more intelligence than that? You are supposed to be afraid of me, only me, and what I will do to you. Not this sparkling she-bird that seems to suddenly crave your attention. Perhaps she is in season and is desperate for a mate. That could be the only explanation if she's settling for you. I can feel your face burning hot in embarrassment, the pink slightly noticeable beneath your ivory coat, before soon you're lifting your head, ears still flat, but mint eyes meeting gold. You still remain silent and simply have a staring contest, which only makes you look even more idiotic. Stop being a fool Timothy, fucking tell her your name. Say hi, thank you, anything. I'm here to torture you, not teach you how to talk to fucking chicks.

She's rude, you respond to me thoughtfully, for once listening to me instead of cowering. I don't approve of this in one bit, you must fear me. I am not your aid, your advisor or friend, and for you to think of me as such will only hurt you in the long run. Perhaps I'm simply lying to you in order for you to make an even bigger fool of yourself, though you seem to be doing quite an exquisite job by yourself without my assistance. Your eyes leave hers briefly to look away, your face still thoughtful as everything fills your brain, as I continue to haunt your mind with my conflicted responses. It seems even that I'm confusing myself. That what seems to happen whenever a female is present. As soon as your eyes meet again a new sense of courage seems to overcome you, and although you don't take a step towards her, you respond to her in a rather gruff, quiet tone," Timothy." Once the words escape your parched lips, you watch her for another heartbeat, as if expecting her to suddenly lunge on you, before finally returning to your grooming.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

I freeze at the sight of his fear. My ears spring forward and then flop back miserably. I do not know what to do. Social interactions are not my favorite things to begin with and this stallion is completely out of my league of understanding. I did not want to cause him such fear. If anything I feel oddly protective of him. I just wanted to be noticed. I just wanted to show my frustration. Like a spoiled foal I had thrown a tantrum but his reaction is not what I expect. He crashes down sending a large splash of water at me.

I laugh.
I laugh in complete and utter shock.
I laugh playfully at the water that splashes against my chest.
At the water that has left my forelock dripping and hanging in my eyes.
I laugh at this strange stallion and I laugh at myself.
And although it seems to go on for ages in reality it is a short lived laugh that soon dissolves in the distance that exists between us.

I drop my head down to his level, and despite trying to make myself look larger than him before, I now try to shrink before him. I am not showing myself as submissive as but I am trying to make him a friend. Whenever he lifts his head I wait a few seconds and then I too raise my head. Only I do it more slowly than what he had. I lift mine as if he is a wild animal that may flee if I make any movements that are too sudden. His eyes meet mine and I feel as though they bore into me. I briefly worry that he can read further than my eye color. I have heard it said that the eyes are the window to the soul and I fret about the thought of him seeing all that lies inside of me. All of the hurt. The anger. The loneliness that I feel even as I wish to be left alone. I feel as though I am bare. Had I not been so concerned about what he saw in me I might have tried to see into him. Instead, after being trapped by his gaze for some time, I finally manage to break free and I turn my gaze to a spot of grass on the bank. The green of the grass is nowhere near as nice to look at as the sharp green of his eyes is.

I jerk in surprise whenever he speaks. My own mouth drops and my eyes raise to him once more. His voice is gruff and quiet. I want to hear more of it. Hearing him speak and still feeling uncomfortable after my laughing fit I wonder what his laugh sounds like. There is so much that Timothy leaves me to wonder about. Hope unfurls in my chest as I entertain the thought of now holding a conversation with him. "Timothy." I taste his name on my tongue. His name comes to my lips easily; as if we are old friends. The simple name mocks this terribly confusing moment. I cannot make heads nor tails out of anything that has happened since the strange pegasus crashed into my life. "I don't know what to do." It is not the first time I have told him that. I wonder if it will be the last. "What is wrong with you?" I wonder if it is the first time that he has been asked that. Now that I know he can speak I will press him for answers and conversation.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

Very rude... you ponder mildly as she asks what is wrong with you. I can feel within you that you seemed to like the way your name sounds coming from her lips. Not only had she laughed at us, but now she simply expresses something we knew from before, then tries to point our your flaws. Perhaps I like this girl more than I thought. You snort to yourself, chiding me and letting your ears swivel before returning to the nape of your neck, your gaze wandering before you are back to looking at her, for some reason it being the only comfort in this entire situation. You don't know what to do with her, how to respond or how to even think, and so in order to process this you let yourself sink deeper into the pool, soaking yourself as your eyes never once leave her. Whether you stare at her wings, her eyes, or her slender body, all you can see is brown and gold and I can't help but wonder what in fucking hell are you doing.

Your instincts should be kicking in, causing you to act much more manly than you are now (which is not at all), yet you stare like a frail, sickly child, looking as if you've been scolded by his mother for stealing from the cookie jar. Your patheticness makes me sick, and yet you persist with those almost puppy-like eyes. How she has tolerated you, what she sees in you that urges her to get to know you more I don't know, but you should probably hang onto her and never let go. Because if someone has ever actually taken the time to put this much effort into trying to connect with you, is someone apparently worth something. And someone I should become intimidated by. Don't listen to me Timmy, run away from this wench and hate her. Lash out at her and forget her existence! She is out to destroy you...

You almost feel invigorated by my intimidation, by my lack of desire for you to continue keeping company with this girl. You only continue to watch her movements, where she looks and what her next movement might exactly be. Soon you're letting the filth drop from your skin, into the pools and fading away as you return to your full height. Your wings spread to stretch and dry, shaking them briefly before letting them return to your sides. Your neck arches and you slightly turn yourself to the side, trying to brave through this conversation without being as confrontational as possible. You lower your head, letting your ears finally sway to the side, and with a snort you respond, quiet once more," I am haunted. Though you seem to be too."

Oh? Perhaps you've got more in that brain than I thought little boy. You saw it too? The insecurity in her eyes, the attention she seemed to crave over the smallest thing? And maybe you did see how she tried to act tough, to be strong even when she knew there wasn't much of a different between you two in height. I keep forgetting that despite your paranoia and fear of anything that moves, you observe more than most would think. Soon you lift yourself from the waters, feathered tail dragging behind you clamped together like itself. My tail lashes in an attempt to dry it, before you realize you have no idea how to preen the damn thing. You've never once tried in your life, and so you can only stare dumbly at the tail, as if perhaps that would make it magically groomed. Dumbass.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

"I am haunted. Though you seem to be too." I am quiet for the longest time after he speaks. It is more than what I had ever expected to hear him say. The words are still not many but they say more than what anyone has said to me in the longest time. It is my turn to stand silent. I blink at him as though he had suddenly spoken to me in another language. "No-one-else-has-ever-noticed--" The words jump from my lips and I can hardly keep up with them as they stumble over one another. So many emotions course through me that I can hardly speak. I toss my head and look up at the sky while blinking frantically trying to hold back tears.

Once I feel a little more under control I lower my head but I can only meet his eyes briefly."I am haunted by what could have been but never was." Of all that I have met recently why is it Timothy who has so suddenly tore my walls down? Why had he noticed my hurt? "I was abandoned as a foal." I start to end my words there but I have never truly spoken with anyone else about what plagues my mind and now I cannot stop. "And my heart was defective." Once more I plan on ending my words but someone has noticed my pain and I want to confide in him. I want someone to know me.

"The God of the Sun; he healed me, but his good deed was not out of pure kindness. He would only fix my heart if I moved to the Dragon's Throat. In moving to the Throat I also had to leave my adoptive mother and father." But the god had not taken things like that into consideration. I swallow. "I have been alone since but what scares me the most about that is that most of the time I do not mind." I am now thankful that my drenched forelock hangs in front of my eyes. Tears wobble on the edge of my lids before they plunge to the steaming water. Perhaps Timothy will only think that they are droplets of water coming from my wet hair.

"Can I help you?" My voice is hoarse with emotion, "Surely I owe you something after making you listen to all of that." A self depreciating laugh tumbles from my lips. I start walking towards him. The water ripples as I walk kissing my sides. Could he and I find solace in one another?

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

Congratulations Timothy; you managed to shut her up. Silence falls upon you both as she only stares, as if registering what on Earth you had said. Soon she's blurting again, expressing the truth and letting it all spill out before her like a tidal wave crashing to the shore. It hits you and though you would normally flinch you don't, you simply stare into those gold eyes and listen to every syllable that escapes her maw. The moment you two share is quite frankly making me ill. Soon she's asking to help you with your predicament,  striding forward in the water and towards you, intent on helping you with your grooming it seems. Your head lifts back at first, your first instinct to run and cower, for no one has touched you since your mother. The boy with mommy issues; how lovely. That's something to write home to your parents about. It is only when you see the tears streaming down those lovely cheeks you stop, stiffening and making yourself hold ground, though your ears are still pinned and your nostrils are still flaring.

You can only hope that she understands you're trying to trust, that despite every instinct within you is screaming to run that you are fighting it, all in hopes to make those tears go away. It seems you've suddenly found something in common with her huh little boy. Both orphaned and left alone, fending for yourselves in this cruel world while trying to remain sane... Well, she is anyway. Your eyes are on her, watching her every movement, and as she closes in you sense her warmth and remain stone still, in your own way accepting her offer. Your throat is too tight to speak, your mind is going way too fast to process anything but her and you and the events that occurred between you two. Your tail lifts, droplets running off each feather as you turn your head in her direction, being watchful of every movement she makes, though you don't falter in your stance. When her muzzle touches the first few feathers you twitch, but only ever so slightly, letting your tail lax once more as her preening process begins.

Despite your guarded posture and the desire to remain so, you find yourself relaxing under the comforting sensation. Your muscles release and your head slowly lowers, though you don't once let her leave your sight. Blinking slowly with white lashes, you bring your head closer to her, ears still down in a passive gesture to show you mean no harm in your approach, before your words attempt to whisper in her ear, "I am an orphan. My parents died saving me." You stop, taking a breath as this is the most you have ever revealed to anyone, let alone someone you just met. You continue to study her movements, watch as she grooms each feather so, before looking to her own wings in speculation.

You sly devil, are you thinking of trying to groom her? That require confidence, which you do not have. You don't know where those wings have been, where she's been, why would you try and touch them? She could be riddled with lice or other diseases, is that something you're willing to risk? Surely you should let her finish and be on your way now, forget about her and let us continue the precious life we've had together. Your muscles tense at my suggestion and I grin devilishly, prodding you with my jabbing words and trying to egg you on. It seems to be working, and your eyes narrow momentarily at me, before shaking your skull and attempting to ignore me. Now that is not something I approve of. Surely you won't be rid of me so easily Timmy, I will always continue to haunt your dreams. Do not think that because I have been nice, or that this Faeanne is here that you are free from me; you will never be free from me.

Soon you back away, shaking your head and snorting, fighting the fear and emotions running through you, before turning and snapping at the air to your side, ears pinned and green eyes aflame with rage. You lash out with your back hooves, tossing your head and shaking it to and fro in an attempt to shake me away. You will not be rid of me so easily silly boy. You're only making yourself look a fool before this maiden, is that your goal? To lose her before you even have her? You're certainly doing a good job. Perhaps she will run away like mommy and daddy did-

"ENOUGH!" you shout, breathing now labored as you bare your ivories, eyes shifting to and fro and beautiful white locks now scraggled across your pearl-adorned crown. You shift your gaze to her, the fear back in your eyes as you realize yet again, that it is only you who can hear me. That your entire display makes no connection to me in a sane person's mind, and that you have showed your true colors; the colors of your insanity. You let a silence fall over you two, before you attempt to pick up the pieces you scattered on the ground, the fleeting chance of kinsmanship with this woman who will surely reject you now. Face it Timothy, you will be nothing in everyone's eyes. You will die alone and battered, delusional and scatter-brained, and no one will listen to you because you're just a stupid little boy...

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

I am calmed after having him listen. I doubt that he is one who would spill his words as carelessly as I had so I offer him comfort in a physical manner. I do not offer any words while I groom his tail feathers so I am surprised whenever he does. "I am an orphan. My parents died saving me." "You are loved." I blush at how sappy my coming words are, but sometimes sappiness is exactly what someone needs to hear. "Love like that does not die." Even if those who carry it do. "Their love is still with you. " I stop grooming for a moment and I step back to take in my work on his tail, "That is why you need to take care of yourself." I wonder if those words mean anything whenever they come from my mouth. What would I know about such a thing? I can only draw knowledge on the matter from fairytales that I hold dear. Now embarrassed I return to grooming him with a blush heating my face.

I only groom for a few moments longer before Timothy's eyes widen once more. His look of fear sets the same emotion to unfurling in my own chest. "Timothy, what is it?" He had been so calm. It had been endearing to see his head lower and his lids grow heavy. His contentment had been contagious and I had hummed a quiet song while grooming him. That moment is gone though. From the look in his eyes it is long gone.

I spin to look behind me. For his fear to come so suddenly surely some beast must have crept up behind us. Wide eyed and breathing heavily I look around us expecting to see a predator with dripping fangs. But nothing is there. Once I am sure of it I turn back to face Timothy.

I make a show out of not retreating and I take a few steps towards him. I am here for him. I want him to know that. I smile warmly and I move towards him. Timothy retreats and bites the air around him. He lashes out and I worry that he will slip on one of the slick stones and hurt himself. Desperate to see him calm and relaxed once more I step towards him. Whenever he starts shaking his head I take it as a moment to try to break through to him. Quickening my pace I offer him words of encouragement, "You are oka--" My words cut short whenever his back hooves crash against my chest. I had not expected him to kick. I am winded and stumble forward coughing before backing away from him.

"ENOUGH!" Still wincing from the kick and slightly leaned down I sigh in relief. For at least another moment Timothy had won. "Visiting ghosts? Or is my voice that terrible?" I ask the second question in reference to the humming in an attempt to lighten the mood. I gently smile at him and ignoring the throbbing of my chest I stand up straight.

I have been in the hot water for too long. I can feel myself getting dizzy. I turn away from Timothy and I walk to the mouth of the spring. "I am not leaving." I call back to him as I pull myself out of the spring. Once out I shake my entire body freeing it from water that still clings to my body. My coat has grown thicker in preparation for Frostfall and after shaking water from myself it poofs up slightly. Water on my wings forms into droplets that slip easily off of my feathers. I am not sure why but I feel self conscious about my fluffed up hair. I hope that I do not look ridiculous.

I walk around the edge of the hot spring until I am on the bank closest to where Timothy is in the water. Folding my legs I lay down and spread my wings out to dry. A yawn comes and goes so I rest my head on the ground but my eyes remain on the alabaster stallion.

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

Her sappy sayings are disgusting. You eat them up like they're candy and simply stare into those golden orbs, listening to her voice and almost being hypnotized. She shows you treatment no one ever has before, and you lap it up eagerly in fear you'll never receive it again. You won't if I can have anything to do with it. I will end this now boy, I will make sure she runs from you screaming like a scared little girl. You are mine and mine only, and I will not share you. This is not a game for us to play, this is a war and I am going to win it. If I must kill her, devour her flesh and destroy her soul; then I will make sure to do so with utter ecstasy. You are my toy, my plaything that I will forever hold close. She cannot have you Timothy. Face the fact that you will never be loved again.

You're crying now, and how I would love to lick up those tears and taste your sorrow within them. You turn to her, only to realize in your haste you have kicked her in the chest. Your stomach drops and your mind freezes, not knowing what to do that could mend the damage you have caused. She coughs, and the comment she says makes you almost laugh; if it weren't for the gut-wrenching fear and guilt that plagued your mind. Without thinking you move towards her as she walks away, only to pause when she assures you she isn't leaving. Once she lays herself upon the shore you follow suit, escaping from the heated water and closer to her, immediately bringing your muzzle towards her chest. Your lips attempt to graze where you had maimed her, eyes full of concern as you are no longer letting your nerves get in the way, "I hurt you... I-I'm so sorry... I'm sorry... he made me upset.... he wouldn't stop. He never stops..."

The tears continue to fall and you sob, collapsing next to her and letting your head fall next to her side. With each sob you suck in more air, causing your sides to bloat before inflating into nothingness. They become quick and ragged, the fear and panic setting in and you can only cry, can only pray that I do not take this time to finish you off quickly. Now that she is here, that Faeanne has salvaged a part of you; you no longer have a death wish. Surprise surprise boy, you have found something to live for. Before long you begin to calm, coughing and wiping your nose on the grass to rid yourself of your putrid mucus (if she still is here after that then she is also insane), and soon you're looking at her again, searching her eyes for something.

Finally, the tears dry, your sniffling fades and you're left simply watching her, staring at her relaxed state as a yawn escapes her dark lips. You let your eyes flutter for a moment, following her movements with your own actions. After yet another silence comes between you two, you speak, softer than before but still sudden, "You're beautiful. Er, I mean... I-I meant... your voice. It's.... It's beautiful." Feeling like an utter fool you look away, feeling the heat return to your features as you stare at the ground, praying to the Helovian Gods that she wouldn't take that the wrong way. It was the slip of the tongue, you had meant to say her humming had been pleasant. Of course, she was a very pretty girl, so it wasn't like you were lying about that either; but you could only hope she wouldn't take it the wrong way. You're not trying to seduce her, to do anything with her... you just... need her. It was such a different sensation you couldn't comprehend, but you know for a fact in your mind that you need her here. If that is love you're not sure, but you will do anything you can to make her stay; so that she may keep him away for a little while longer.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

"I hurt you... I-I'm so sorry... I'm sorry... he made me upset.... he wouldn't stop. He never stops.." I have thought Timothy to be many things in the short time that we have shared the same space. He has been an idiot. He has been a lunatic. A mess. A content moment. A monster. Perhaps he is all of those things; but to me, in this moment, he is just Timothy. Feeling his touch against my chest makes me forget about the stinging of the kick and instead a feeling more like the burn of my magic spreads through me.

"It is fine." I hate hearing the pain in his voice but I am thankful that something has made him talk. Had I known that a kick would have opened his lips I would have saved us both a lot of time. We could have skipped the mud flinging and water splashing and could have gotten straight to this. Whatever this is. "What does he do?" My eyes narrow in concern for my newfound friend and in anger at this unknown enemy. Who is he? I mull over telling Timothy that I would help him defeat whatever it is that haunts him but I decide to wait until I know what it is and why it haunts the stallion so. I am already more deeply involved with Timothy than what I had planned to be. I probably should have left once I was sure that he would not choke to death.

I watch him as he sobs. I am ashamed but the sight intrigues me. Never before have a seen a stallion who would so openly cry in front of someone else. A soft look lightens the metallic gold of my eyes and highlights my ivory pupils. Before I even know what I am doing I have laid my neck across his own. What a puzzle we both are. I give him the closest thing to a comforting embrace that I can in our position.

"You're beautiful." Oh? Tell me more. "Er, I mean... I-I meant... your voice. It's.... It's beautiful." How endearing he is whenever he is not plagued by what haunts him! My tail flicks around in satisfaction. "You are handsome." I am emboldened by the compliment and a mischievous smile brightens my tired face. "Er, I mean.. I meant.. oh that is what I meant." Maybe I really do mean it. Maybe I just want to see him smile. Maybe both. I don't know.

"Where do you live, Timothy?"
Timothy, how will I find you after tonight?

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

Your breathing finally slows and you return to that idiotic state of calm like before, making my insides curl as she seems to bring you such peace. You may have won this battle, but I will redeem myself, and your punishment for such attempts will be far worse than anything I ever done to you. You think you're in pain now? That this is the worst it can get? Ha! I have been playing foal games my dear Tim Tim, and know that when I play for real... I never back down. You feel a shiver run down your spine as I disperse... for now, and you start when you feel her neck upon your withers. You freeze, trying to reassure yourself and her that you are fine, and there is no need for her to pull away. For some reason you enjoy it, you can't help but feel your skin tingle where hers connects, and your body begins to fill a warmth you have never felt before. Soon it is you two breathing in unison together, melding into one and letting the night overtake you. When her questions reach your ears you simply shrug, as there is no way to describe him and what he does, aside from the fact that he simply exists to make your life hell.

"He... is him. He haunts me, talks to me all the time... like a train of thought. He whispers awful things to me, threatens my life, threatens those I hold dear... He is a demon that I cannot exercise," that's the best way you could put it into words, and your eyes are meeting hers, their cool depths begging her to understand just what you mean. This is the first anyone has ever been told of him and what he's done to you this entire time. This is the first time you've really talked to anyone ever.... about anything. Usually you are hiding in the shadows, refusing to bring attention to yourself, but unfortunately your tail seems to do this for you. You are often flocked by mares who swoon and coo at the sight of you, and only when you cower and back into a corner do they lift their lips in disgust, and finally turn away from you. Though it hurts to be treated in such a way, you can't help but find solace in it, knowing that there is a failsafe. Except with Faeanne. The girl who explicitly threw mud at you in hopes of getting your attention. She didn't take your no for an answer, and that in itself is what makes her so much more than anyone else you've come across.

Once you've finished hiding your face in embarrassment from your slip of the tongue, she responds in her own way, causing you to abruptly pull away and stare at her with wide eyes, face aflame once more. Your heartbeat quickens, and after a brief pause you can only watch her, lips parting to only speak one word," W-What?" Did she just hit on you? Was she coming onto you right now? After you ignored her, threw up on her when she saved your life, then ignored her again until she threw mud at you. Then you managed to kick her in the chest and go utterly mental, she tells you that you are handsome. Blinking rapidly as if this will help you register more clearly, you keep your gaze locked with hers, and before you can stop yourself it all comes pouring out," Why? A-After all that I've done. I have been rude to you, I have hurt you, I have shown you that I am nowhere near mentally stable I-"

You suck in your breath and pull away, ears flat upon your skull as the tears spring to your eyes once more. You're lifting yourself up and away from her, backing yourself into a corner and trying to control your breathing. It only comes out in ragged gasps, and soon the tears are falling down your cheeks again as you don't understand. Surely she is lying. He was right; she is fooling you and wants you for something else. Her kind and gentle touches, the flirtatious words are all a facade, and for some reason that realization breaks you. You bite your lip and shake your head, looking to her again with an expression of utter betrayal as you whisper out to her," No... you won't lie to me. I-I don't believe you. What do you want from me? I will g-give it, if you stop lying. I will not be your f-fool." He already tricks you, messes with your mind and breaks down your soul, you do not need anyone else following suit. You will fight this demon within you with or without her help, and you will never let anyone else do what he's done to you again.

So that is why you must back away, you must free yourself from her. She is a lie, does she even exist? Did he create her with his dark magic to mess with you? To find hope and light in your life? Was his earnest pleading for you to forget her for she is dangerous all a ploy to make her an even more convincing illusion? The thought makes you sick to your stomach. You sway to and fro from mental exhaustion, eyes rolling back into your head momentarily before you collapse, shaking and trying to regain control, but your mind has taken over and your rationality has been thrown to the wayside. You are an untamable beast now, unable to control yourself and your actions. Somewhere deep inside of you, you hope that she will take this time to flee, for if she steps further into what you are, there will be no escape.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

"He... is him. He haunts me, talks to me all the time... like a train of thought. He whispers awful things to me, threatens my life, threatens those I hold dear... He is a demon that I cannot exercise." My skin prickles at his words. Are they a warning? Then inexplicably I am jealous. My brow furrows at the wrong part I am sure because I am hung up on wondering who it is that he holds dear. I was just flattering myself thinking that he had meant the words as a warning. Timothy had only answered my question. I sigh. Why does my heart ache now? "What if I helped you?" My question is no more than a murmur. "The Sun God helped me. Maybe he would help you." He just might have to move to the Throat. I would love that. I wonder what he and those that he holds 'dear' would think about it though. "Even if not there are the other gods!" I am too invested in him to allow him to remain like this. My eyes hold onto his soft green ones pleading with him to accept my offer.

"W-What?" I feel so much colder whenever he leans away from me even though the night isn't all that cold. Especially not whenever we rest so close to the hot spring. "Why? A-After all that I've done. I have been rude to you, I have hurt you, I have shown you that I am nowhere near mentally stable I-" Because there is more to you than all of that. I know that there has to be.[/b] "I really am fine! I promise I am enjo--" I do not finish whenever I notice the expression that has come across his face.

"Timothy?" I start calm but I can feel that slipping away quicker than I can grasp it again. Am I losing him again to whatever it is that haunts him? Seeing tears in his eyes make my own well up. I had been enjoying the moment so much! Why is happiness so fleeting? As he completely pulls away from me to stand once more I stay laying down. Already I feel shrunk down in my sadness and frustration. What is the point in standing. With sad eyes I watch him back further and further away. I wonder if he will disappear from me.

"No... you won't lie to me. I-I don't believe you. What do you want from me? I will g-give it, if you stop lying. I will not be your f-fool." His words strike some of the sadness from me and anger sets me to springing back onto my hooves. I stalk towards him with flashing eyes of molten gold. "I will not make you my fool." Even in this moment my heart does an odd thing, that I do not understand, whenever I use a phrase insinuating to Timothy as being mine. Despite that odd feeling my voice still remains colder than what it has been all night. "I will not make you a fool because you are doing a fantastic job making yourself into one if you believe that, even after everything, I would offer you any ill treatment." I want to drag him closer to me by his feathered tail and at the same time that I want to use it to fling him away. Are all who are like him and I destined to always remain alone?

He wobbles unsteadily and I begrudgingly allow my anger to fade away. "Are you oka--," I scream whenever his eyes roll into his head. It feels as if an entire season passes us by as I watch his body collapse. "Timothy?!" I rush towards him stumbling over every rise and fall of the ground. Panic seizes me as I watch him. Before, whenever he choked, he had been a stranger. He had been someone I would have been sad over if he had choked to death but it would not have left me feeling as alone as it would if something happened to him now. I am selfish. I know it. But having someone else had been a relief. It is not easy for me to open to someone else and I don't want to lose that!

I haven't made him laugh yet. Suddenly that thought makes my heart shatter.

"I am not leaving." I sniff a little as I reiterate my words from earlier, "That means that you cannot either!" I wonder if he even hears me? I clamp my wings tight against my sides and I chew on my lip in distress. I will watch over him.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

Of course she doesn't back down. That just wouldn't be in her nature. She follows you effortlessly and snaps right back, tongue lashing out like a knife in a battle of wits. She will always have the upper hand, for you've never been one to be quick on your feet. You cower at her words, tears still streaming and mouth opening in shock. Surely he wouldn't have made such an elaborate illusion as this. Once you're on the ground her entire demeanor changes, her body closing in and her words softer now. Her expression shows her true concern, how worried she is for you, and this thought is what seals it in your mind that you were wrong. You were so, wrong How idiotic you had been to think of her as the enemy, when she had been nothing but your friend. The tears continue to swell but your breathing has begun to relax, your mind on calming yourself for her.

You live your life in fear, it takes everything from you and defeats you in every path in life. You let it hold yourself back and prevent you from accomplishing great things, when all this time you could have set it aside and carried yourself into a better life. You're a fool, such a fool Timothy. As the panic subsides and your heartbeat slows, you find your balance again and return to all fours. With your eyes full of regret, fear and hope, you take a step towards her without thinking. Your wings spread around her, engulfing her wings close to herself as you wrap your neck around her withers. A single tear falls and you let it trickle into her mane, your maw pressing deeply into her skin as you murmur, "I'm sorry... I'm a fool Faeanne. Forgive my cowardly ways." You breath in her scent and let your muscles relax, no longer caring if she isn't happy with this movement of yours. You need to feel her right now, to smell her and taste the salty sweat on her chocolate hide to know that this, that what you two share is real and that she is not a farfetched dream.

Her mane and coat are softer than you expect them to be, tickling your white whiskers and causing a soft smile to escape your lips. You don't think she has seen you smile yet. Has anyone ever seen you smile? You aren't the most happy person around here, and you don't think you ever will be. But you will try to be when you're with her, because even if it doesn't show, there is comfort in her presence. She is a soothing balm to all your pain and hurt that has been inflicted upon you over your lifetime. How she managed to have such an affect on you is still mind boggling, but you choose to go with it, to see where your friendship will go with her. Soon you're reluctantly pulling away, searching for her eyes for a response to what you said. There's hope in yours, a little light that flickers brightly, wanting her so badly to forgive, like she did before, so that you can continue to be you with her like you've never been able to with anyone else. You thought you had accepted that fact that you weren't going to open up to anyone, but now that you have, you are too selfish to lose it.

-table by niki-

@Faeanne

Outcast
TierRen

"Where do keep all of those tears?" I am filled with relief to see him begin to calm down. Now I can do the same.

Watching him stand I ready myself for in case he loses his balance again. Timothy's days of having no one to lean on ended whenever he cast his spell on me. I cannot go without knowing more about him and though the thought surprises me I realize that I want this strange stallion to know more about me.

I think that I see the same hope I have for a friendship reflected in his eyes and it draws me towards him. I start to step forward but this time he is more forward than what I am. Maybe there is hope for you after all Timothy. I do not expect him to go as far as what he does though. I am so surprised by his embrace that I tense up. "What are you--" "I'm sorry... I'm a fool Faeanne. Forgive my cowardly ways." He is already forgiven but I will not let him know that yet. At least not with words. I won't be a complete push over.

He sound so normal in his apology that I throw myself into his embrace. I am overwhelmed by the hope I feel for him. For myself. For our friendship. I push myself as close to him as I can get. I do not remember anyone, besides Momma Eva, ever embracing me like this. And an adoptive mother hardly counts whenever it comes to showing affection, for them it is required.

Timothy's whiskers brush against a ticklish spot and a laugh squeezes itself into the little space between us. I watch as it tangles itself in his mane. But my eyes widen and shoot up looking at nothing in particular whenever I think that I feel his lips change into a smile against my skin. My eyes stare blindly at the scenery behind us jealous over having missed out on the smile my neck had so enjoyed feeling. The sensation was entirely different than that of what I felt whenever he had dropped a tear into my mane.

Timothy starts to but I am not ready for him to pull away yet so I nip onto his mane and I tug him closer for one more moment that goes by all too fast. I drink in his smell and I imprint the memory. Timothy is ever changing. I do not know if a moment like this will be shared between him and I again. I do not even know if we will meet again after tonight. That thought puts a sorrowful look in my eyes and with a sigh I release him and he steps back.

Now that I can see more of him than what I could while I was buried into his neck I memorize the sight of him. I know that he looks for an answer to his apology and I cannot resist the hopeful look in his eyes. "I forgive you." I twist and contort my wistful expression into a smile for his sake.

"I was going to fly back to the Dragon's Throat tonight," I was hoping to slip in unnoticed. I dread returning to the clutches of the beast and I do not want to have to go through the hassle of a welcoming committee. "But I.. I.." I want to hold onto this moment "I don't feel like flying." I look away from him to wrestle against the fear of rejection on my own. "Would-you-stay-here-with-me-tonight?" I ask the question in one breath too nervous to ask it normally. Once the question has had time to settle I peek at him from the corner of my eye before turning back to him entirely.

@Timothy

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

link to thread tracker

Hidden Account
Watermel0nBob

You can't help but savor the scent lingering on her skin. It's too potent for you to resist, imprinting it into your mind and letting the moment linger. Yet as you are about to pull away she forcefully pulls you back, and you cannot help but feel very nervous about this. You didn't think she needed a hug that badly after acting in such a way, yet you accept it, attempting to squeeze her even tighter in some sort of pathetic attempt of reassurance. You are certainly not the primary candidate for the reassuring companion. But you will try, if it means making her happy. At her words relief begins to wash over your body, and with your mint eyes scouring over her, you wonder where this will go next.

Is this goodbye? Are you destined to be alone forever without the comfort of another by your side? Will you be left to rot, to wither away into nothingness, the only thing left of you is the memory of how much of a coward you were. You don't want that to be your life anymore, you can't let it be your life anymore. Not after what she has done. Not after who she showed you could be. You don't register her words at first but as soon as you do you can't help but look at her in shock, suddenly feeling bashful and uncertain. To stay with her tonight would be a dream, to feel the presence of her when you sleep a luxury you haven't ever experienced. It was so tantalising, to scream at her 'YES YES PLEASE HOLD ME FOREVER', but you certainly didn't want to come off as eager. You are quiet, thoughtful in how to respond, though every muscle in your body begs you to embrace her once again.

After a much needed deep breath you nod, looking into those beautiful eyes of gold and speaking,"Of course Faeanne... I will keep you company." You didn't stutter; no pause or hiccup in your sentence, perhaps the most straightforward answer you had ever accomplished in your entire lifetime. There is no pride in it, not acknowledgement of it in your mind, for there is only her and what she wants and how could you say no to a face like that? So you move closer to her, hot air breathing tenderly on her withers, and with a gentle yet almost awkward movement you attempt to place your wing over her, bringing her close to prepare both of you for a nice rest. Hopefully she wouldn't mind.

NOTES; the best I got. Sorry T-T

image credits | table credits

@Faeanne