Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
“A-A-Archibald…?”

Meak. Pathetic.

“A-Arch-…?”

Disgraceful. Shameful.

“A-A...?”

A beckon. A whisper. A whine. A whimper.

These are the noises that are forced from the beast’s maw, gaping and tongue lolling, lips quivering, trying to catch the breath to find the words he so desperately needed to say.

His brother’s name was spoken on nothing more than a whisper, a stuttering, fearful croak of muffled syllables and hoping against hope, praying, that the Dauntless would hear them. But how? His words were softer than the caress of a butterfly wing, delicate and tender, but terror kept his throat from spewing anything any louder. Who else could be listening?

It was growing closer to nightfall and the shadows were beginning to grow within the trees. Glowing golden eyes regarded the vegetation around him as though the very shadows would reach out and grab him, shifting from hoof to hoof, but he could not move from his spot. He stood upon the borders of the Hidden Falls, but even though his brother had granted him entrance once before into the land he reigned over, Vincent was not so presumptuous to think he could simply walk in without invitation. And so, he stood, trembling, tail tucked close to his rump and ears swiveling like mad at every sound.

Next to his left side curled up against the thick trunk of the giant’s leg, was Claribel, whose large brown eyes regarded the form of her bondmate with concern. Vincent’s glowing eyes looked down to the Wolfhound, glancing away from the twisting shadows only momentarily to the canine.

“We m-must be… Be q-quiet.” Vincent uttered, his stuttered words no louder than if he was simply breathing them. “He… He w-will come.”

Maybe.

Claribel seemed less impressed with the idea of simply waiting as darkness fell for someone to stumble upon them. She was cold from the Orangemoon chill, and hungry, and standing out here instead of calling for her bondmate’s twin would not get them to warmth, safety, or fat bellies any faster. The canine heaved a breath, glanced about, and promptly whined, which grew louder into a howling yelp. The frozen silence around them carried the sound as clear as day, across the trees to where Archibald or maybe even Loretta may hear, and the suddenness of it all caused Vincent to jump. Golden eyes glowed fiercely in his fear, bright and nearly illuminating, and immediately he shushed the Wolfhound.

“S-Shh! N-Not so l-l-l-loud! They will c-come… S-She will come.”

Because that was the most terrifying thing of all. Her. Quiet, quiet, they had to be quiet. Not a breath. Not a sound.

Quiet. Still. Still as death.

Archibald… Please find me.

@Archibald the Dauntless <3

ooc: For Archibald, of course. :D

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

Loretta caught the scent before Archibald did, and the flashing image of the lanky grey pup was so fast and blurry that the Dauntless was taken by surprise. The crimson and cream malamute took off into the forest before the behemoth lifted his incredible head from his grazing spot. "Loretta!" He called, eyebrows furrowing before he followed her. She was heading for the border of the land, for the main entrance. Dark ears flicked back into his thick mane as he followed, brambles tugging at his huge feathers. The stallion grumbled for a moment before breaking through the trees and laying his eyes on the familiar phantom.

"Vincent..." Archibald breathed, stopping cold in his tracks, large and imposing before his quivering twin.

Loretta did not stop. Instead she let out a snarl, a dark snarl that could only be followed by one action: dominance. Quickly the malamute sprang for the taller, skinnier pup. Her teeth aimed to grasp onto the grey dog's scruff, her muscled body lifting in an attempt to pin the younger sister beneath her. The hair along her spine rose like a red mountain ridge, ending in a straight, erect tail. She continued to snarl, to growl and feel so many emotions it made her body shake. How dare you leave me, you bitch. Manhattan is dead and you're standing here so pretentious! I'll end you! Gods, sister, don't leave me again. Don't leave, don't leave, doN'T FUCKING LEAVE ME AGAIN!

"Brother." Archibald breathed again, voice deeper and bolder and warmer. Despite the feuding curs, the behemoth moved towards his equally monstrous twin, reaching out with pale lips to touch the thick curvature of Vincent's left shoulder. "Where have you been?" He asked, lifting his head to look upon a star-marked face, filled with fear and doubt. "I thought you drowned in the floods of the Earth God. I saw you last with Abraham, on the mission the Earth God had given us." Archibald took another step toward his wombmate, ears pinning into his mane, his own emotion mixing with Loretta's. Quickly, but lightly, the Czar attempted to land a bite on his brother's neck, just behind his throat. "Stop running from me."

Image Credits

@Vincent

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow

V I N C E N T

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.

Sharp, glowing eyes were so focused on the dancing, twisting shadows that when a crimson form suddenly lunged from the brush, Vincent balked, his hulking, massive frame stumbling over himself and nearly falling to the ground. The beast's movements were rocky and uncertain, the subtle glow of his eyes increasing dramatically to a blinding light, and he truly had no idea what was happening as the sanguine form lunged for Claribel.

The said Wolfhound yelped in surprise, terror coursing through her veins as she was tackled and pinned, sharp jaws clamping firmly - but never harmfully - upon her scruff, tail instinctively tucking tight between wirey back legs. I'm sorry! Where he goes, I follow! I'm sorry, sister, but I will not leave him alone! Loretta. This was Loretta, her scent familiar and internal screams even more so, but while Claribel recognized her, Vincent did not.

He was hulking, heaving, terrified of the crimson beast that seemed to be attacking Claribel. Vincent's maw hung open, tongue nearly lolling, great, gasping breaths escaping his lips as terror struck him to his core. No. No. No! He wanted to act, to fight, to defend her as the hounds tussled and rolled, but he was frozen and powerless despite his greater size. Madness clung at his mind, robbing him of sanity, and he was oblivious to Claribel's desperate cries to reach him through his mind-numbing terror.

Vincent! Vincent! It is Loretta!

No. No. Stop.

'Vincent...'

His voice cut through the madness, through the terror, stopping the black monster in his tracks. Wide eyes swiveled about, nostrils flaring, ears perked forward at attention, focusing on the shadow that manifested from the thick foliage, and Vincent was surprised to see that it was no monster, no demon, not Her, but Archibald.

Archibald...

"A-A-Arch...?" Trembling lips could not finish the Dauntless' name. Even though he was taller, Vincent would always be far more insignificant than his twin. Still, the dark King moved forward, asking questions of his own, and as Archibald slunk forward and pressed his maw to Vincent's shoulder, he instinctively leaned into the touch, reaching down, desperate to breathe into his brother's nostrils, to seek that comfort and warmth offered only by his womb-mate. "I-I... H-Hiding." Hiding. Always hiding. Archibald would not judge him. He would understand.

He always understood.

Trembling. Scared. Meek. "S-Sorry. So sorry." But it seemed that his apologies were not good enough. Or maybe they were, and Vincent simply couldn't believe it. Archibald latched onto his neck, muttering a demanding, 'Stop running from me,' and Vincent breathed out a quivering heave of air.

"I am n-not running from you," he whispered, the glow of his eyes beginning to fade as the two monstrous equines stood so intimately close to one another, his racing heart slowing, "N-Never you." Always Her. "I came to f-find you. I n-need you."

"I've missed you."

Image Credits

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.