the Rift

[PRIVATE] and maybe, you will bruise

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
glasgow
I know the world’s a broken bone —
Time moved on and yet ever since meeting Alune in the Rotunda, I had managed to wander back home and fall swiftly into a deep depression. I didn’t want to leave the Edge, I didn’t want to help out with the herd, I didn’t want to live anymore. I felt a strong pain of regret that haunted my every move like a dark cloud that shadowed me every second of every day. I felt the struggling sensation of breathing, remembering fondly the memories of what I had lived through before everything happened; before Helovia, before the Darkness, before the death. I couldn’t handle it all anymore, I couldn’t handle the idea that there were beings out there much stronger and larger than any of us combined and yet did nothing to help out those spreading their word in good faith. It was such a messed up society, blindly following the cowards that controlled so many in this world. The cowards that hid in their towers in the sky when demons and evil spread over the land.

The Helovian gods were different from what I heard, but bringing in so many of those that had come from the Rift had their cons. I witnessed the wounded returning home after the battles, those seeking to get more and more involved with learning how to stop this from happening. All I could think was how much I despised them. I despised those that brought evil into the world and expected the lowers to fix their mistakes. It was a pitiful thing to hide away your riches, powers, and prowess, to wait until the danger cleared to come out and claim it all to their own. I couldn’t help but to feel so much resentment and anger to them after what they did to me. I watched as my Kingdom fell, my life ripped in two, my sister slaughtered while I did everything in my power to protect her.

And yet, she caused it.

I knew deep down that my sister had been the one that brought the darkness, the one that had let evil into her heart. But I refused to believe it. I refused to think the person I had grown up with, learned from, in turn taught, could do something so horrific. Especially considering the demons had come and collected her soul and tainted mine, forcing me to live on this god forsaken earth without a single person to care about me and what I did with my own life. So what if I were to go and take my own life? I could, but I worried too much about what others thought. I worried what others would think, worried about how they would react. Would anyone even notice? Would anyone even remember my name? Probably not. Everyone seemed too into themselves and the latest bout from the gods to even care about anyone else.

So it was ironic that I found myself in the Heavenly Fields. My bones ached and cracked with every movement as my pale body carried me like a ghost up to the top of this mountain, seeing the golden grasses beneath my hooves, peering through the fog down to what would likely be death for me today. It was a somber feeling, almost bittersweet as I flicked my white tail behind me and noticed the little glimmer of the piece of my horn as it sat intertwined within my tangled vines of hair. The sun overhead was difficult to see beneath the chilled fog of Orangemoon and it felt frozen as it pressed against my heavily scarred face. I couldn’t help but to let out a small sigh, a puff of vapor escaping my lips as glassy blue eyes scanned the area.

Here I was, alone. Again. As I would be. Forever.

"Talk."
— but melt your headaches,
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon ITS SO SAD I CANT DO THIS.

Abaddon Posts: 42
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

It seemed like the hell boy had somehow slipped into unconsciousness for an eternity, and when he had awoken he'd strayed far from the Dragon's Throat. This place he now found himself in was in the wake of a setting sun, a time that the blackened stag enjoyed as he knew the sun's glare would not stun him. It was unfortunate, however, that the heat from the sun no longer prevailed in the wretched season of Orangemoon. He had enjoyed the heat as much as he could in Tallsun, but now he was to be defied of any such luxury. This made his burning inside deepen with an anger like he was being set alight himself. This rage was typical of his kind, one that could not be put out.

It took Abaddon several minutes to calm himself down and understand where he had strayed to. He noticed that through all his misguidance to this new, strange place that he had gone up north, as the cold winds bit a little harder here. He was no longer in deserts, but instead surrounded by what was lush grass, now dying and decaying at a slow pace, hibernating before the harsh winter would wipe all creatures alike out. In this place he had very little to keep him, there was nothing that made him want to stay. He noticed a pool of water, miniscule in its density that he decided to reach down with his tapered obisidian neck and drink from to quench his thirst along the journey. Journey to nowhere.

But as his fiery pools scoured the area once more he caught a glimpse of another creature in the fields on this mountain: a horned creature. His brash manner allowed him to pick up his feathered daggers and edge his way straight over, not caring for privacy. Abaddon did take a while to look at the stranger though. His watchful gaze looked upon a dirtied ivory pelt that was draped over a feminine bodice. But that was not what caught his eye, it was the scars, the beautifully demonising scars that mutilated a perfect skull. He was staring at the white demon of dual-horns, the bottom one broken off like a shard of crafted glass.

Once Abaddon had stopped staring he began to look deeper into his prey. There was a despair in the orbs of this fae. This caused a little humorous game to light up inside his brain, and he played it well, all too well to stop his temptation from getting the better of him. He spoke loud and clear at the beautiful stranger with a charming, dark voice,
"If you were wanting to be alone you're living in the wrong lands," a dark chuckle left his rumbling chest as he continued, "But if you don't to be alone, you have company, little demon." Had he already dared to give the stranger a pet name?

He was slipping...

" . "

[OOC: He's already got a name for her xD]

@Glasgow
[Image: abaddon_pixel___enfanir_by_danjahmouse-d9uses0.png]
Please tag Abaddon in all posts! ♥

Skylark
glasgow
If it weren't for the deafening sounds of the resentment I felt that flooded my ears, perhaps I would have noticed the dark stallion as he approached me. I had originally figured that I was alone since nearly everywhere I went I had spent that time in solitude. Once I found my place here I began to worry about frightening children and others, becoming ostracized by my fellow peers. Little did I know that I was doing it to myself within my fears. Where I thought I had been doing everyone a favor, I soon realized I was harming myself in the process. I had spent too much time worrying about what others thought of me; even though I had been conditioned to do so from my birth, it was still something that seemed to be the root of all evil in the long run.

'lf you were wanting to be alone, you've come to the wrong lands.'

The words reached my ivory ears and I turned my heavy head to face the creature that spoke such brazen words. In another time he may have been the creature of my nightmares, yet as my glassy orbs scanned the flaws in the creature beside me, I soon learned that perhaps he was exactly what I was looking for. A way out.

Before I could speak to him, his voice rang in my ears once more. Taking the idea that perhaps I didn't want to be alone. What kind of life could someone have if they honestly wanted to be alone? It seemed to be quite a horrible experience as I began to learn slowly as it chipped away my sanity. It wasn't until I heard his last words that I could feel any kind of reaction. "Little demon." I flattened my ears to my skull briefly, noting that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad thing for him to think of me as such. I turned my body to face him more straight on, my thick Andalusian build looking a bit more weathered in the wet fog that began to saturate my tainted pelt.

"Seeking to be alone isn't exactly what I would call this. As for your little demon I doubt I'm anything like your expectations." My voice was rough, appearing to have not been used in quite some time. It cracked and creaked in random places, but where it used to make me self conscience, it did little to falter my mood. "Unless you're either the Devil I'm searching for, or someone willing to end a life, I doubt we have anything in common here." Glassy orbs scanned the large stallion once more, watching and waiting for a response that I hoped wouldn't be the cliche 'you have so much to live for!' because at this point, I had nothing. And I was sliding down this slope at the speed of hellfire.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

The mannerisms of the ivory to his words seemed rather unexpected. Abaddon's giant frame was ultimately towering the little structure of a Spanish breed that was feminine on the pools and strong in the pillars. Whatever this creature was doing here, whatever it was that was pulling her to be alone, it was wasted on her. The dirtied ivory pelt he had glanced upon first was now becoming muttled with wet patches from the mist falling from the clouds as they stood together high up in the mountains. His obsidian pelt too was getting wet, and it made the hellboy shiver and stamp his front leg pillar down into the softening ground in distaste. He hated the wet, he lived only for the burning dry heat, perhaps best suited to living in the holes of a volcano.

She twisted herself to face him, the height difference giving him reason to stretch his cranium down to face her in the eyes as he realised just how small she was. At the sound of the pet named he christened her with already, Abaddon spotted the little demon's lobes pin back. Why? He didn't give a shit.

And then she retorted with a voice that had evidently not been needed for a while. His pools fired up with a hunger to see just how much he could push her as he thought of his response. She was certainly a little demon alright, with those scars that fit the persona perfectly and the ghost-like appearance of every other corner of her little frame. With his dark voice lowering down to a sinister whisper he replied,
"Then what exactly is this? To my knowledge this is exactly what you would want in this godforsaken wasteland..." and then he edged closer as he spoke again, "You are entirely my expectations, little demon. You have such sadness for such a creature, but you know deep down how much of a demon you could really be..." At this point even Abaddon was unclear was his intentions were. Was he encouraging her to venture into the darkness? A stranger was he to her, that Abaddon had no idea just how innocent the fae was. But he would find out. He wanted to, he yearned for it for some unknown and bizarre reason. Nobody had compelled him more other than the devil he worshipped.

"Unless youre either the Devil I'm searching for, or someone willing to end a life, I doubt we have anything in common here."

Such a sentence made the hellboy smile. She knew she meant little to anybody, or at least, that's how she interpreted herself. The outside world was isolating her for some unknown reason. It was that or she was stark-raving mad to be suicidial. But Abaddon prevailed, his words pretending to not give a fuck about how she felt, "If you wish to end your life I could give you so many ideas. My personal favourite would be to step into the dark where the fires burn so hard they would melt you in an instant," his fiery pools edged slightly in order to pierce her gaze, "but I care not how you want to end your life. You want me to do it? I will. But if you're looking for the Devil then only look inside yourself because everybody has an inner dark side." Abaddon was losing his mind, evidently. Was he stopping her from ending it? "I think you'll find we have a lot in common..." His words were egging her to be his toy. Abaddon and his Little Demon. How fitting.

" . "

[OOC: HE'S LOSING HIS MIND ;D]

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
My movements caused the demonized stallion to lower his head to mine, blue glassy eyes watching my reflection within his pools of fire. His voice grew darker and more hushed as he spoke to me, speaking of how I could be a demon as he paired it with that stupid little pet name he had given me just a few moments ago. I clenched my jaw slightly, shaking my head. My tainted pale frame shifting with the movement. I could tell him about how much I despised both heaven and hell, how much I hated the idea of there being something bigger, how much I hated being stuck in between when I had both been so close to being immortal or punished for eternity. I could tell him, but it would fall on deaf ears, more than likely. But he pressed further onto me and I could feel my mind beginning to grow full of debates on whether or not I should even let him know.

He smiled at my phrase, something that I wasn’t exactly expecting but allowed me a small amount of time to loosen my jaw that had found its way clamped shut. He spoke of fire being his favorite and I couldn’t help but to roll my eyes. “I’ve never been a fan of fire.” I muttered before he continued on. Telling me about how I had a darker side within me and I snorted at that. My gaze dropped from his and glanced around at the fogged lights around us until he mentioned that he thought we’d have a lot in common. My gaze swept to him once more, catching on his scar on his face. We were nothing alike. We had scars on our faces, but that was it. I had been beautiful once. I had been everything anyone had ever wanted, and now I had this young stallion trying to tell me how to live my life and join the dark forces of which that had scarred me so horribly?

No.” I huffed, eyes trained for his.  “You think that I have a dark side? Why? Is it these scars? I didn’t WANT these scars. I didn’t WANT to walk alone after everything I’ve known had been ripped from me by those demons you claim to so fondly know. I have absolutely nothing for them, and giving in to the darkness that had taken so much from me is something I wouldn’t do until my dying breath.” Glaring, my voice had grown stronger, holding a slight accent that only nobles from my home held. I flicked my tail with a sharp movement against the ground. “If you’re looking for me to join them, then I suggest you take the words from me.

I was pressing him at this point. Pressing him into remembering my words of ‘giving in on my dying breath’ and watched as I wondered if he’d just take me up on it. Perhaps he’d do something to nearly kill me to get me to agree, and in this world what a sick romance that would end up being. I didn’t even know his name, he didn’t know mine, but perhaps there was room in this life to live on the side of things that I had refused so much. Would it be a fate worse than death? I imagined it to be so, but the devil spoke in many tongues and this stallion before me spoke with such a smooth tongue it was hard to not begin to give in.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

He could feel her gaze meeting back at his and he wondered how she could dare to look, especially with her glassy pools full of the sadness of a suicidial maniac. The obsidian brute continued to watch her bodice intently, scanning for the tiniest of movements in an attempt to keep himself on the ball. She was a beautiful creature that was tainted with the horrors of life, and that made him smile inside. Even beauty could be mutilated.

What Abaddon said seemed to relax the muscles within her skull that made her velveteens seem so clenched, and he was beginning to realise that he might be getting somewhere with the ghostly fae. The talk of fire was something he revelled in and to his disappointment she spoke of her dislike to it. He replied with a sly chuckle whilst still pinning her orbs into obedience,
"Fire is a beautiful thing if you take the time to appreciate it..."
But suddenly her pools dropped from his lock and he wondered why. He was so close!

The mudded ivory's voice piped up to jibe him into sense:

"You think that I have a dark side? Why? Is it these scars?"

She continued on and he felt not one bit of dismay to her words, they fell on deaf ears that still knew that she could fall to her darker side if she only let it. After all, what was the point of trying to stay true to a light that would only ever disappoint? "Everybody has a dark side, and one day everybody realises it. There would be no point in someone disagreeing with it, some are just more inclined to realise it sooner." His dark words were edged with a sad truth - he had found his far earlier than others, "Even the dark gods give us everything we want, and take everything we have for a purpose. Don't be so quick to think they've done this to spite you... I should know, I have lost everything." His thoughts crawled back to his earlier days when he was a yearling back in the cult. To express to this creature that he had lost everything through the fires of his blessed gods was not something he did if he didn't truly believe that it was all for a divine purpose. And here he was, in Helovia, stuck with the knowledge that he now had to find what it was his gods wanted to do in this new life.

But then the next sentence she spoke to him with her pools piercing and her voice holding its own took him by surprise, "No," he spoke quietly after hesitating. Something had clicked within him that this was perhaps what she wanted, and he was not going to give her the pleasure, "Your dying breath is all but mine to take. Take it and do what you will with it, but I will not. I want to offer you the chance to just see how grand it can be on the other side, maybe you will grow to like it..." His words were still sinister, but somehow sincere. He didn't want the fae to die. That was a first. Only now would he know if she would choose to take Abaddon up on his offer of the most ghastly companionship...

" . "

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
I could have laughed at the stallion as his demeanor changed but continued to carry his dark views. He spoke of everyone having a dark side and how some chose to act on it earlier. My ears wavered, hovering over my skull as I carried a bit of a fit. I snorted at him as he spoke of the dark gods giving him everything they wanted then spoke of losing everything. I shook my head, then, to the stag. “Gods do not give anything without a price. They expect you to give your lives to them. And for what? Glory? Afterlife? What good is an afterlife if you’ve suffered and fallen for these mystical, powerful beings? I don’t understand where you fail to see that you still chose to care about them, and yet? YET. You decide you can tell me that I should follow them too when they wouldn’t even answer YOUR cries.” I stepped away from him. Stepping back toward the edge of the Heavenly Fields, feeling the grass reach up to grab me and take me under like demons rising from hell. Then I turned to him, stepping away from the edge, glassy eyes watching him cautiously but containing a bit of a fire as I began to walk around the large stallion.

Why should I care about a life choosing between gods when all they do is destroy? Is that what you want for your life? Everything to come crumbling down when you’re at your lowest point? When they swoop down and charge in to take everything from you yet AGAIN. Where will you stand? Beside your precious GODS or alone?” My voice began to growl at him as I shook from a bit of frustration and anger. My tail lashed out from behind me like a fierce snake, a white tainted with blood flicking itself violently across the ground and the grasses. When he denied my request, I turned away from him then, scarred white broken down body turned completely away from the tall, dark, and handsome stallion. I had never known love before in my life, only love of a sister and family. So I shook my head, head casting my gaze to the ground. “I’ll only follow you if you choose to step away from your gods like I have.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

He watched as his hide quivered with the desire to pull her further into the darkness, and as much as he had to admit it felt like this creature just was not going to give in to the darkness. His little demon was not yet ready to fall. But the obsidian brute's pools followed every movement of her little bodice still, watching as her lobes switched directions and the shake of her demonising cranium. The words that poured out of her were no more welcoming than the first...

"Gods do not give anything without a price. They expect you to give your lives to them."

Perhaps they did. But Abaddon was not going to divulge the ways of the devil to someone who did not believe in their purpose, yet. As she finished her small speech, the hellboy piped up just at the point as she was beginning to step her dirtied ivory pelt away from him. With his deep voice looming like a raven over a corpse he spoke with the same sinister tone,
"Gods give and they take. But they don't give or take more than mortal creatures. It is not the gods you seek glory and power but the ones who walk amongst us, the bastards and the freaks. The low-lives and the cowards. What would living creatures give you that would be so much more enticing than listening to a creature who is above all and sees all? It is not the afterlife we work towards but the life's direction that the darkness takes us. Who is to say that the darkness is worse than hte light when even the kindest of men must go to violent extremes to do anything reputable in this world." To say that he did not have a point would be to argue with a brick wall. Abaddon did not speak these words lightly, he breathed them and drank on them like they were his only lifesource as he truly believed that what he said was true. As for the fae that stood before him in the grassy terraria, she was wrong by his account. He continued as he wanted to make sure her question was answered. His pools fired up and danced around the memories of his burning ritual, the sacrifice his people had made to his gods, "If you should know, they answered them by saving my life. I was due to be sacrified to my gods for not quite fitting in to the criteria our cult held. I was born and raised for the purpose of slaughter, and I only escaped with this," the hell-boy gestured towards the hideous scarring across the left side of his skull, watching it dance about in what light there was left, "And now I live to stand here."

Her words carried on like a stream and he was compelled to listen. Typically the rage within him would have burned until the point of no return and there would have been no return for the little demon, but she somehow held her own against him and the respect he was gaining for the sad creature was overwhelming to him. He felt that through his first reply he had answered the next question. Life was all about decisions whether they liked it or not, and Abaddon thought ruthlessly how his decisions had perhaps shaped or crushed certain individuals. He remained silent until she too fell silent, her feminine voice reaching over the space she had created between the pair. He smiled as he felt the tension between them and the anger that seemed to drip off the fae. His words grew humorous as he replied, "I will stand with the winning side." He then fell silent once more, feeling the need to not divulge any more to her on this matter. He wanted her to feel the mystery for herself...

The ivory then turned away from his massive frame and he stamped his feathered daggers upon the hardened ground in a small flurry of frustration. He was not going to kill her but he would if it meant her leaving. Nobody left Abaddon by choice. But her words drifted back to him as he watched her darkened tassles flick:

"I'll only follow you if you choose to step away from your gods like I have."

What sort of ultimatum was that? He hesitated and let the thoughts swim in his mind. What was she proposing? Even his intelligent mind was swamped with the different options that made him feel vulnerable and thick. Instead of replying at that point, Abaddon picked up his muscular pillars and stepped his way to stand beside the little demon, reaching his cranium to the side to be able to watch her skull as he then spoke to her, "You want me to step away from them and I will. On the condition you tell me your name."

What was he doing?

" . "

@Glasgow [AHHHHH!! :DDD]

Skylark
glasgow
The scarred mare listened as the demon stallion spoke, ears flicking back to him then away in a show of uncertainty. Was she really going to give in to him? The more she thought about it, she began to realize that she had nothing left to lose. She began to realize that perhaps she had been following the wrong gods seeing as they saved his life. All she had known of the demons of the darkness were that they were punishers. Ones that destroyed lives and caused pain in various ways where they knew it would strike you the hardest. She knew that the darkness had taken her sister, but what she didn’t think about was that this darkness may have been her own gods. That was why they never came. Socket’s vanity was something punishable by the gods. That was why they took her wings. That was why they took her life.

With the revelations crossing her mind, she stayed still, eyes watching the ground in absolute silence until the stamping of feet vibrated the ground behind her, a small flinch rippled across the scarred and battered pelt the mare carried as she listened to his next few words as he approached her side. “You want me to step away from them and I will. On the condition you tell me your name.” What kind of condition was that? He was willing to leave his gods and everything he’d known just to know my name? A small snort came from the mare as her glassy pools turned to gaze upon the scarred face of the demon beside her. The demons had saved him while the gods had given him those marks. Perhaps her own gods were the ones that had given Glasgow her own as well. Her tail flickered behind her, but all anger was lost upon this revelation.

The demons saved you? With you only succumbing to a few scars – burns? Funny. Those same demons were the ones that gave me mine.” Her voice called to him, wavering with pain and frustration. Pain from opening up old wounds, frustration from the sudden uncertainty if it really had been demons after all. Fluted ears pointed to the stallion before turning her head away briefly, glassy orbs escaping his captivating embers. “I am Glasgow.” She admitted to him, curious if he really would step away and live a godless life.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

He watched with his lobes pinned forward on his handsome obsidian cranium. The little demon was too tempting for him. And now it felt like the plan was in motion. The unplanned plan, the one that was undetermined and unknown to him until he had stepped foot here. Now he knew what his purpose was today - her. The dirtied ivory pelt and those scars that gave her skull a quality all of their own. When he said that they had a lot in common he had not been insincere, oh no. He had meat every word. But with his thoughts trailing he tried to focus back onto the time at hand. She looked like she was deciding what to do. There wasn't much else she could do as Abaddon would not let her run or hide. He wanted here. Like the controlling freak he was...

But she remained fixed to the same spot and felt like she was in some sort of trance as her pools fell to the ground and remained silent. He stamped his right front dagger to the ground and watched it rumble the soil around him and let the noise echo and bounce off his own massive bodice and onto her own. What was she doing? But soon as she had poured over his words, she let out a snort of... indifference, perhaps? The hellboy did not like not knowing, but he felt that his little demon was going to open herself to the reasoning behind her reaction soon enough. He felt like she was just too easy to convince, but still the mystery of her was too compelling. As was something else, but he dared not dwell on such things.

"The demons saved you? With you only succumbing to a few scars - burns? Funny. Those same demons were the ones that gave me mine."

Her revelation on how she had gotten the burns did not feel quite true to Abaddon but for the deal they had promised unto one another he decided to let it slide. He could feel the chill winds now burning a cold hole through his pelt as he wondered when his horrendously thin pelt would turn thicker and more accommodating for his hatred of Frostfall. But these were only small things he had to think about before he let the gears in his mind work their magic and transform his thoughts into a relevant reply to his companion as they stood there. He opened his vocal chords and let the dark words pour out,
"It was because of my gods I succumbed to these, just like you. But I take on my burns with pride knowing that they were the ones who stopped the ritual and let me free..." His pools turned fiery as he continued with the tone turning questioning, "But how did the demons gave you them?" Abaddon then piped up once more to add more of a statement than another question, "The scars are yours to bear but they are not your enemy." The seriousness in his voice was almost surprising to him. Why did he feel the need to comfort her thoughts? Why did he want her to accept them?

But soon he had been given her half of the deal and annoyingly it meant that he would have to hold up his end of the bargain. But for that the obsidian brute did not know whether it was willing or not. It was an interesting name, and he re-iterated it out loud unknowingly, "Glasgow. Glasgow the little demon..."

" . "

[OOC: I'm so sorry I took so long! :c]

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
It was because of my gods that I succumbed to these, just like you. But I take on my burns with pride knowing that they were the ones who stopped the ritual and let me free…

It took a lot of effort for Glasgow to not snort at his words of taking his scars with pride. The only creatures she knew that could do such a thing were well learned in battle. The more scars, the better the warrior you seemed to be. But Glasgow wasn’t a warrior. She wasn’t one to fight for pleasure. She fought when her life depended on it. When her family’s life depended on it. And she had nearly lost. She would’ve mocked the stallion if she didn’t know any better. Yet her life as a diplomat taught her well in holding her tongue. Even when she didn’t want to.

The mare turned her head to the stag now, shifting her body in accordance to let her glassy gaze sweep across his orange pools and scarred pelt. A soft sigh escaping her lips as she put aside her critical eye to take him in for what he was. A stallion of hell, with a gentle side? As he continued, his voice reached the silken plumes in her ears, causing them to swivel ever so slightly. A slight shrug/dip of her head in response to him as if to say she hadn’t a clue. But she knew. She knew that they were there to punish her for her sister’s wrongs.

They came for my sister. The gods had punished her time and time again because of her vanity. Finally, the demons came to take her away. Our gods had left and let the demons turn our home into ruin. I tried to stop them… I tried to save my sister.” Her voice grew hushed and her heavy ivory head swiveled away from him. “I failed.

His voice returned to her, speaking of the scars not being her enemy. While that was true, it was her enemy that had given them to her. But the effort of sitting here arguing with him was growing exhausting. She wasn’t sure what to do anymore. Did she want to follow him? He held such an interesting motive for leaving his gods – only to ask of her name. But what was his? “So I’ve told you my name. What do I have to do now to learn yours?” Her head swung back to him, stepping closer to him to the point where her grayed muzzle hovered just few inches above his battered pelt, peering up at him from her short stature against his large frame with curious eyes.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon OH LAWD.

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

The emotions the dirtied fae was trying to hold back from seemed almost trivial. What would Abaddon care if this creature had felt like his words meant nothing to her but amusement? Instead, she must have been able to appreciate his strength in the wake of what were essentially reasons to be avoided, to be hated and to be feared: all of the things that he loved. It was better to be feared than to be loved, and his horrendously mutilated skull was just one (physical) reason why creatures should avoid him. So why didn't she? The obsidian brute waited as the silence between them increased, as did the darkness that was beginning to spread over the heavens. It was becoming late as they almost stood here for an eternity, but even as the sun was dying he felt he had been mingling for just a moment.

But then the movement from the little demon was done, as she turned her pretty little cranium to face him and he watched with hungry fiery orbs as her body fell in line. At that very moment, within the flurry of direction Abaddon felt her pools brush against hers and a sigh escaped her bodice, and at this point the hellboy knew that he was going to have an answer to what had happened to her. And her story came, one of torment and punishment from gods that saw the death of her sister. He stood there silent and still as if he were made of pure onyx, a statue of no emotion. The pain was evident in her body language and her voice, but she still continued with her pitiful story of how she was to blame. He snorted indignantly; his way of consoling her,
"The gods give what they want and they will equally take it back," his own deep, gruff voice was hushed in accordance with hers as he almost felt like he was being emotional and caring to her as he continued, "your scars are proof that you may have failed to save her, but you did not stand by and watch her be taken so easily. That is why you should bear them with pride..." To say that the little demon was going to enjoy his words was definitely an exaggeration - he knew that she would hate him for every word, but Abaddon did not care. He wanted her to bite.

But her next question came and it was for the chance to learn of his name. He tussled with the idea of how to make her beg for his name, and Glasgow seemed, after everything, unwillingly eager to do what he wanted in order to get information. A small wry smile covered the corners of his velveteens, before the idea flowing into his expressive pools that blazed right at her, "Well my little demon, if you want to know my name you will have to do what I want. And I want you, I want your soul. You bind yourself to me, and I shall tell you my name..." What Abaddon had left out was the ritual that his people had done since the ancient times that would bind two creatures together. Would she be willing once she knew? Her curious expression told him she would...

" . "

[OOC: LAWDY GEORDIE OMG]

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
The mare was motionless as she stood next to the onyx pillar. If it weren’t for the warmth radiating from the beast, she would’ve assumed he had turned into such a statue. But instead, as she gazed upon him with glassy eyes she wasn’t sure what to even say back to him. He explained her thoughts about the gods. Could he read minds? She had always felt that gods were too vain, too full of themselves to even care about mortals such as the two of them. She waited for his words with baited breath, almost completely ignoring his comments about wearing her scars with pride. How could you be prideful with her tainted ivory body? She couldn’t.

But she wouldn’t argue with him anymore.

Instead of telling her his name, he seemed to waltz around the question. Her brow furrowed slightly, watching him as his voice rumbled from his ebony maw. He wanted her soul and she was all willing to give it to him. But she didn’t want to seem desperate. She didn’t want to be painted as the mare that didn’t care what happened to her soul – regardless if that was how she felt. She stepped away from him slightly, her tainted head swiveling to look upon him from the side. “So you’re going to be my savior?” A smile hinted at the corners of her lips. “If you agree to being my savior, I’ll give you my soul.” She turned her head back to him, lifting it tall and proud to mimic his stance.

Do we have a deal, Lucifer?

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

Her statue-like bodice continued to fill fiery pools and along with it he bore the same hungry expression he had had from their first exchange of glances. All this talk of binding oneself to one another hungered Abaddon's desire to control, but when it came to the ivory Glasgow he felt like this was a different sort of control. He had never had anyone willingly wish to be controlled, even if it had come through much deliberation on his own part. She still seemed to stand there as the light faded ever further and it reflected a dark shadow on her charcoal patch across her rump that he could see (just about) from the corner of his orbs. He remained stood in the same spot after his spout of pawing the ground with his obsidian lobes pricked up towards her. She was everything at this point. He cared little for any of his surroundings; Abaddon was fixated.

His ability to keep her wanting his name only seemed to deepen the need for his little demon to bite further, and even as she appeared to hold back this temptation to pounce and find out immediately, she resisted. What was her game?

But then her skull movement proceeded to be accompanied by words that caught even the hell boy off guard:

"So you're going to be my saviour?"

With his own skull he tilted to the right for just a moment before readjusting back to its natural, proud position and thought deeply before letting a wry smile seep out from the corners of his velveteens,
"I am the black saviour, if that is what you desire..." He technically was not giving Glasgow the choice, but to pretend that she did was the fun part. It made Abaddon wonder just how long it would be before she decided otherwise and wanted to leave him. But then her next words were part of the binding deal, a bargain for a bargain and this time it was something that he did not truly understand what she wanted. The fae was met with a questioning tone, "I agree only if you understand that my idea of saviour differs greatly from perhaps what you are thinking. Can you handle that?" Her bodice was held proud and high, already a turn from the depressed little creature he had first seen.

"Do we have a deal, Lucifer?"

Lucifer, how fitting. His smile deepened even darker, as did his hue, at the wonderful name. The obsidian brute replied with that expression still written across his cranium, "We have a deal. And Lucifer, Abaddon it's all the same to me..." He wondered silently whether she would catch on that he had voluntarily just given his name to her or not...

" . "

@Glasgow [EEEEEK]

Skylark
glasgow
I am the black savior, if that is what you desire…

His voice fell upon her ivory ears with a dark and alluring tone that she felt deep within her soul. She smiled to him – a surprisingly genuine smile. One she hadn’t truly felt in a very long time. She let her glassy orbs dance across his face, almost as scarred as hers, and felt almost homely. And yet the stallion continued his words and she listened carefully, hanging onto every word as if it were the last she’d hear. He spoke of his idea of a savior being different to her version, and she tilted her head a little bit, wondering just what he thought of being a savior to her was. She wasn’t going to argue with him anymore, so she slowly nodded, her eyes leaving his face briefly.

Yes…” Her voice grew almost breathless, clinging to the foggy air that clung around them. Yet when she looked back to him, his smile grew deeper and it warmed her soul in a strange way that she couldn’t place. “Lucifer, Abaddon, all the same to me…” It was then when she smiled back to him. “Ah, so Abaddon is it?” She turned back to face him now, moving up to him just inches away from the hide of his chest and neck, gazing up at him curiously. “I like Lucifer better. You can be my demonic fallen angel.” Her smile widened to him then, joking with him, poking fun at his name, and yet feeling something for the stallion all the same.

It was a feeling that frightened her, but she had made a deal with the devil and she planned on never going back on it. “Tell me how to bind to you…” Glasgow’s voice grew quieter then, her gaze dropping from his firey orbs to stare blankly at his onyx chest, her breath puffing clouds that gently waved across his skin.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon :OOO

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

The gaze of the charcoal soldier hit the ivory bodice of his little demon as his voice stopped speaking, her lobes directed towards him whilst he had spoken. And he was hit back with a smile that gave off a warmth that he had not felt ever. Not once in his lifetime had someone actually given him the kindness of a smile, and for some reason the little fae that stood before him did so and this was something that became etched in his soul: that first smile. Glasgow was undoubtedly a creature of interest to Abaddon and this only fuelled his hunger to keep her even further. Even the hellboy was unable to determine whether keeping his little demon meant as a "friend", a companion or even just as a trophy, but something sparked within him that she had ignited.

She had seemingly given up arguing as she actually only spoke one word to him in a tone of almost a whisper, the fight he had pummelled out of her through his own words of persuasion. This gave the long conversation they were having worth it and now he knew all along that he was ready to take her as his own in their vow to bind to one another. Why, he did not care to ask. Glasgow had her reasons and he had his hunger. His lobes switched towards her and every other part of the environment was swept aside as the ivory fae continued to be everything his attention needed to feed on. And his heavy bodice felt stiff with standing still for so long but he did not feel the pain, only the calming tingling feeling that came with satisfaction. And during his rambling thoughts, Glasgow continued to speak as she had guessed his name through another smile and this time he took the liberty to attempt a smile back. It looked sinister but underneath there was the tiniest feeling of enjoyment at throwing himself to another. No one had been a dependant for him, not even his own mother...

"I like Lucifer better. You can be my demonic fallen angel."

This hit him with the same force as the smile, but in a different way - this felt like hunger from her side. The dirtied ivory had grown from a sad little suicide to a devious little demon and he was ready to be the demonic angel she wanted, provided they both kept to their ends of the bargain. And Abaddon never failed on his promises. The smiles were reciprocated this way and that before Abaddon spoke with the same tone as he had throughout their meeting,
"Consider me yours, little demon." His words opened up something within his pools that felt like a wide new world that he was crossing into, and his companion would easily spot that change in the fiery eyes that lit with something that burned brighter than his lust for chaos. He did not mind that she was provoking him with the name, he actually liked it. Lucifer, it was fitting.

He could almost feel the apprehension as he suggested that Glasgow bind herself to him, and he to her, but she took it with a pinch of salt seemingly and requested the process. He gave her one more long smile that protruded into an almost psychotic one, with the tips of his velveteens curling into a sinister grin that almost gave away the excitement on his dark mutilated skull, "The ritual of sharing blood. We share blood and become bound by that until we eventually-" Abaddon hesitated, giving a need for his next set of words to happen immediately, "give our souls to one another as well as our bodies." Would she agree...?

[I'M DYING HERE OMGGG <3333]

" . "

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
Glasgow stood there, inches above his skin. She blankly stared at his chest as it rose with the movement of his breaths. “Consider me yours, little demon.” Her chest fluttered with those words. Upon gazing on the stallion, she wouldn’t have thought of agreeing to anything with him. But he had a way with words and an appearance that struck her curiosity. It wasn’t often that Glasgow met someone that bore scars similar to hers, with a mindset like his. Her ears flickered in a relaxed way as her body finally began to relax around him. She looked up to him then, seeing his smile and offering him a small one in return. The feeling of her scars moving against her muscles as she did so felt strange, but almost good in a way.

The ritual of sharing blood. We share blood and become bound by that until we eventually…

She held her breath at those words. She hadn’t seen herself bleed in what felt like forever. But she was curious now, and she had agreed. There wasn’t any way to back out now. Though she didn’t even feel like she wanted to back out. If it was blood he wanted and needed, he could have all of it.

…Give our souls to one another as well as our bodies.” He finished and Glasgow let her glassy gaze stray away from his face briefly, contemplating the results. Would it still work if she stayed in the Throat? Would he come and be with her there? Or would she have to leave everything behind? Her only friend Tilney, what would he think of this? Would he be frightened of Abaddon? Or would he be curious to see how things played out. If she ended up falling in love with him through this, perhaps a life alone wouldn’t be her destiny. Not if she bound her soul to his. Then she’d have no way of being alone ever again.

Turning her head back to him, she nodded. “Alright. I agree to these terms…” She admitted, smiling faintly to him. Her heartbeat raced against her chest in a thundering manner. “How long does it take? Can we do it now?” She almost begged. She didn’t want to be alone any longer. Something about him and his mindset made her impulsive. She had always been planned and organized before, but he was changing her. Would the binding change her even more?

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon OH MAN.

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

The pale gaze at his obsidian pelt almost gave Abaddon a strange tingling sensation coarsing through his bodice. It was just a look, but the expression on her pale skull was something that the hell boy could not compare to, and it was something that he wanted to adhere to. It was not carnal lust, it was something more than that. Like the setting of stones or the coming together of the elements. They were stark in contrast both in appearance and in so many other ways but he had been right all along - they had so much in common. And it bore deeper than the scars. His breathing remained the same calm movements but inside he felt like something was twirling and twisting, fit to burst out of his massive chest.

Then her gaze moved from him as he spoke of what happened during the binding. It was a brief change of direction from his person, perhaps something going on in her brain that could not be shared with him. He was unusually patient for her, the rage inside him quelled to the point of dormancy as he waited for her decision to be finalised. He would wait for her.

Her body then twisted its entirety back him, Abaddon's bodice twitching with the thoughts of what she was going to say. But then she gave her decision in the forms of nods and an agreement. He smiled momentarily as he heard exactly what he wanted to hear, but whether it was for the achievement of having her bound to him or the fact that his little demon was actually now his, the hell boy was torn. She spoke again of the science behind the ritual, and he gave a little laugh as his expression remained the same hard stare before replying,
"My little demon agrees. The process itself takes little more than a few seconds. The impact it has lasts a lifetime..." He hesitated, waiting to see any reaction that would turn her away from him. He hoped this wouldn't happen deep down, but also knew that whatever, he was not going to let her stray from him even if it meant some casual persuasion, "We can do it right now." Her words almost seemed like desperation but he attempted not to seem too pleased by this. He came closer to her, his skull in line with hers as his pools tried to meet her gaze and his nostrils taking in her tempting scent.

[EEEK]

" . "

@Glasgow

Skylark
glasgow
Her glassy gaze searched for his pits of fire, she listened eagerly – drinking up his every word like a fish without water. “Okay.” She admitted, ears flickering in uncertainty but want nevertheless. Her scarred lips twitched into the faintest smile as her heartbeat soared. And just like that, his gaze latched onto hers, his dome sliding down to almost meet hers as he approached her. Glasgow watched, curious but greedy all the same. Her heart yearned for him in a way that she hadn’t ever known before. Whether it be lust or love, both were things she hadn’t really experienced. She had never been a lover, she just simply didn’t know how to. And yet this demon stallion before her with horns that lined his head in such a glorious display while hers were cracked and broken was distracting in a beautiful display. She didn’t even pay attention to the burns that lined one side of his face – for she had spent much time worrying about her own scars to care about another’s. She found that they made him more beautiful. More like her. The rejected for not being perfect enough.

And she enjoyed it.

Glasgow let her gaze fall into his, her head lowering slightly and to the side – aiming to not impale him and his closeness. She could feel the heat roll off of him, his breath as he drew in so casually. While hers were speedy and nearly a pant. She didn’t know what he was doing to her, but it was something that she didn’t want to let go of. She felt as though she shouldn’t even blink, afraid to miss something. Yet she still longed for him to even be closer but how it was possible to do so, she wasn’t sure. Part of her wanted to touch his face with hers, lining her head ever so perfectly against his – but that wouldn’t work. She had a sharp weapon attached to the center of her head while his pointed back. One could dream, couldn’t they?

She wished in all of her being that perhaps things would change for her. The scarred mare didn't know if this would help things, but she knew it at least couldn't hurt. Everything else hurt more than this. The constant being looked over, those that would forget her. With him, she was his focus - and she was greedy for it.

"Talk."
call it home.
image credits

@Abaddon LET ME LOVE THEM

Danjah
Abaddon
All men have secrets…

The evident want in her pools glassed over and shone beneath the scars over her cranium and for that the charcoal brute was yearning, his need becoming stronger to somehow encapsulate her in his ritual. They would be one in soul, but not in physical body. Was that such a problem? It was to him, but during his thoughts Abaddon had not noticed that his stance had become frozen and his fiery orbs fixed into hers, a statue. The hellboy caught the last of a faint smile across his little demon's velveteens and he felt a pain within his chest. It was so unnatural. Whatever Glasgow was thinking, Abaddon was certain his unconscious thought it too and it was a dangerous thing - predator and prey eating at the same table.

Their gaze met with such desire. The silence was stunning between them, Abaddon being able to feel his pulse beating beneath his bodice and it made such a sound that was deafening in the silence. They had not touched, not even a whisker, and so Abaddon with the need to be the dominating one brought his bodice forwards towards the little ivory fae. He reached out with his velveteens to feel the soft fur of her shoulder, in the hope she would not pull away.

He whispered just the once to her, his companion soon to be forever his, now she had agreed,
"My little demon..."

" . "

@Glasgow
[GAHHHHHH <333 I'm sorry it's so bad! I think we should wrap this thread up and they re-convene in another place ;D]