the Rift

[OPEN] Gaucho bit my finger, and it REALLY hurt!

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
never say die

When he came to, Gull did not immediately know where he was. Around him, he could hear a rhythmic pounding, an incessant crash and hiss. It sounded faintly like the ocean, his groggy mind murmured…but then again, who really knew? Perhaps he was dead. After all, he could no longer hear the bellow of Gaucho’s voice, nor could he smell the stench of smoke and burning in the air. It had been a fight to the death, and it seemed to be over. So where did that leave him?

The only reason that he was aware that he still lived was the pain. Opening his bloodshot eyes, he caught a blurry glimpse of his right wing, spread uselessly across the ground. There was no blood—not there at least—but from the way it made him grit his teeth in agony when he attempted to shift it, Gull guessed that it was broken. What was worse, the muscles in his opposite shoulder screamed, even at the slightest of movements. It was clear that hey too had been rendered immobile by the fight.

Helpless and alone, now would have been an appropriate time to panic. However, Gull could only manage a detached interest. He had accepted his fate when he had thrown himself at Gaucho, and it was with a faint surprise that he found himself still breathing. Of course, it was only a matter of time. Gaucho had done him no favors, leaving him here to die. Gull only wished that death would get on with it before the birds found him.

Gaze dull, he sucked in a breath and surveyed the rest of his body with a clinical eye. Angry burns covered his back legs and hindquarters, blistering and stinging and coated with sand. He couldn’t see his front half well, but he guessed that it was littered with little cuts and bruises from when the wave had pummeled him soundly, for he ached all over. His mouth felt salty and dry, his tongue heavy and thick.

Still, no matter. It wouldn’t be long, he figured. Eyes listless, Gull laid his head in the sand and waited for death.

"talk talk talk"

OOC: Sorry, hopefully will get better with time. I haven’t written him in almost a week and I’m feeling rather meh :/ Trying to work through it!

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tiamat @Badger @Miykael
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
Pursing her lips, Tiamat stares out across the ocean, a sliver of her tongue poking out in her concentration. A few feet in front of her, at about eye level, hovers a small pocket of water. White eyes never leave the liquid circle, the beating of her heart drumming in her ears as her excitement swells in her breast, awe softening her face with the warmth of the magic flowing through her body. After discovering her ability, it didn’t take long for her to come to her father ocean to practice and hone this gift she’s been given. She feels connected to him now, more than she ever has, as if she now carries a piece of him with her.

Breathing a sigh of contentment, the blue mare releases her concentration, watching as the pocket of water falls quickly back into the rhythmic waves. She feels comfortable here, standing between the embrace of her parents, her mother watching from above and her father extending his comforting strength. If the Basin didn’t hold such a tender, rooted place in her heart, Tiamat is sure she would live here—with them. Flicking her tail happily behind her, the blue mare shifts her weight, roaming aimlessly down the shoreline, simply enjoying the moment.

It is only after she wanders around the sloping corner of the beach that Tiamat notices a figure. Pale eyes squint against the brightness of the autumn sun, able to distinguish a grounded pegasus from the glare of the pearly sands. “Hello?!” The blue mare calls over the rushing waves of her father ocean, unsure if her voice will be carried across the long distance. When she notices no visible response from the stranger, the cold chill of worry tingles down her spine, quickening her heart and urging her body into action.

Cloven hooves thrum against the white shore, drumming with the beat of her heart, while flicking up fine grains of sand and leaving a shallow trail in her wake. With a tamed, fervent sort of urgency she runs, knowing that something…something is not quite right. As the distance between herself and the stranger diminishes, the ocean mare truly realizes just how terrible, how wrong of a situation she has stumbled upon. When slender legs come to a gentle halt, she finds her breath stolen from her lungs at the sight of the wounded stallion, her chest aching as her gentle heart pines for his pain (if she could take it upon herself, she would).

Oh you poor thing. What happened to you?” Her voice is a pained coo, not expecting an answer as white eyes wander over the burns, the lacerations, his twisted wing, before finally settling on his face. It doesn’t matter that this man is a stranger, or that he might hold a certain prejudice against her race—Tiamat has every intention of doing all she can to help him. Even so, she knows that her herbs and untrained magic will not be enough. Considering the extensive damage of his wing at the very least, he will require a more powerful magic.

Stepping back from the pegasus, the blue unicorn casts her eyes around the shoreline, searching for anyone who might offer such assistance. “Help! Anyone—!” Her voice is on the verge of desperation, shaking slightly as it leaves her lips. Turning back to the wounded stranger, she focuses on what she can do, distracting herself in the healing so that the trepidation in her stomach can’t spread to consume her. “Don’t worry, we’ll get you patched up,” the mare manages a more confident tone, her heart never wavering in her belief of the goodness and justness of this world. “My name is Tiamat, I’m a healer,” she smiles brightly, eyes shining beneath the sun as she shifts her attention to his seared flanks.

notes; Aaah excited!:D
“Speech.”
@Gull @Miykael @Badger | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

It's like injured folks scream to me, beacons summoning me, a lighthouse in the dark that leads me to their plight.

My head lifts from my grazing, pivoting my ears to try and snatch at whatever's causing my flesh to tingle. Do they deceive me, or is somebody crying for help? Without waiting to see, I turn and begin to lumber towards the sound. When I want to, I can pick up quite the pace - it's not long before I'm galloping, stretching my windpipe and forcing my muscles above and beyond what they were designed for. When I reach the water, I hesitate; do I trust my swimming abilities? Yes, I decide, and charge right in.

I reach the Isles with dripping fur and a sodden halter, taking a second to shake myself before resuming my gallop. The sand sucks at my limbs and I'm soon sweating in the tropical humidity, even with my damp coat. Thankfully it isn't long before I find the source of the cry, and the sight that greets me makes all my healer-y instincts rev into overdrive. There's a unicorn mare who I nod to, the evident creator of the cry for help I heard. But it isn't she who receives most of my attention - that is reserved for the crumpled wreck of a pegasus on the ground, bruised, broken and burnt.

Little do I know it's my own king's work, his deadly art painted onto the canvas of this pegasus. I smother a gasp at the state of the male, then look to the blue unicorn. I'd been running when she announced herself as a healer, so I don't know that part. "I can help - I'm a healer. My name is Badger, the Alchemist of the Throat." I force a gentle smile onto my features, even though the extent of the injuries turn my stomach. "I need you to tell me if you hurt anywhere inside, mister. Your wing and your other wounds can wait until I've fixed anything that might kill you." Any internal bleeding, which could kill the unfortunate creature, is far more pressing than his external wounds, no matter how horrific they are.

Deep down, though, I'm worried that I may not be able to help him on my own. If he is injured inside and I fix that, it could sap all of my energy before I fix his wing - this magic does not come without a price. I daren't even use any herbs, for fear they might make any internal problem worse. I look to the unicorn mare for a moment - she must be a good samaritan to be waiting here with the pegasus, and I pray she may have some small healer-y instinct.

b a d g e r

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
miykael

Miykael had set off to explore the new lands that the Helovian Gods whisked away from the supposed gods of the Rift and healed. He wasn't certain what he was expecting to find or whether they would look any different but he was certainly curious to search their depths and explore their fauna. Would he find any new herbs that didn't exist anywhere else in Helovia or would it all be the same? To say that he wasn't hoping for the first would be a lie though his discovery wouldn't be for his own glory but rather to spread the knowledge and, subsequently, help someone that might be in need of a cure that they don't already know about. His hopes keep him going, keep him persisting and combing through the territories one by one.

The Isles, however, had been his first stop. Perhaps it was because it was the furthest location from the Falls or perhaps it was because it was the one that the Earth God cleansed and brought into Helovia. Regardless, the dunskin paint kept his wings tightly folded as he slowly, thoroughly searched the island. What he quickly discovered, however, is that he doesn't have the depth of knowledge about herbs as he needs to - that was always something that Alysanne and Resplendence knew, while he focused on healing through magic. Oh, he knew some herbs but his knowledge base for them is so small as to be of very limited use. His healing magic, however, he'd had in some variation for quite some time. He'd been capable of healing back in Nocturne several years ago but as he left, the power disappeared.

With a gentle sigh, he shifts his course to head back to the sandy shore on the northern edge of the island. Yet as he crests the small hill-like mound and the grassy terrain begins to blend with sand, his sky blue orbs land find a couple of familiar faces not far off - Tiamat and a black male. Both of whom he knew to be healers and both of whom seemed to be concerned as they gazed upon something sprawled out by their hooves. Normally, he would have immediately joined them with the thought of friendly conversation on his mind but in this particular situation, his curiosity pulled him forward, his blue eyes watching the figure laid out on the soft sands. Yet the closer he got, the more his simple curiosity is replaced by genuine concern.

Miykael slows to a stop beside Tiamat and offers her a soft smile. "It's good to see you again, Tiamat." his voice is deep but friendly, filled with his characteristic warmth and kindness. After a moment or two, he nods to Badger in a rather gentle greeting. "Good to see you again, as well." Though, ultimately, it is the fallen pegasus that holds his attention for long. His blue eyes sweep over the male with a critical and well-practiced eye, pinpointing and assessing the damage. It certainly is clear he's worse for wear and with two other healers present to help, together he knew they'd get him patched up in no time. So he offers a soft, encouraging smile before he speaks. "My name is Miykael, friend, I am an Earth Medic from the Falls." he pauses briefly, allowing his gaze to drift over the various visible wounds. "Let's make sure the bones of your broken wing line up properly so I can heal that for you. Between the three of us, we'll get you patched up in no time. Death will not come knocking for you this day." he concludes with a level of confidence he'd rarely experienced in the past. Perhaps it was because December had returned or perhaps it was because he was working alongside Tiamat and Badger to heal the thoroughly beaten pegasus stallion. Regardless of the reason, he is here now and will not rest until Gull can walk out of here on his own.

maybe one day you'll understand why
everything you touch surely dies
Coding by Tamme; Lineart by Blu
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
never say die

He was waiting for death, and death came to him. Through a haze of pain, he saw her arrive, heard the urgent staccato of hooves drumming on the sand. She was not quite what he’d imagined she’d be—the blue was a little gaudy for such a morbid occasion—but at least the horn was right. They’d come for so many, and now it was his turn.

He did not put up a fight as she approached, only watched her with dull eyes and a resigned sort of hatred. There was no surprise, nor struggle: she had been hunting him from the day he had been born, and she had come to collect him at last. He had hoped for longer, wished he wouldn’t be slain in the sand like a dog, but who was he to dictate fate? Lady Luck had never been prone to considering his feelings, and who would she be to start now?

It did not take her long to reach him. “Oh you poor thing,” she cooed, voice saccharine enough to leave the taste of overripe fruit in his mouth, “What happened to you?” Yet he said nothing as she baited him, only turned his gaze away. He wouldn’t give her the satisfaction of stripping both life and dignity from him today. Part of him wished that she would just get on with it. He knew what came next. Anticipating the thrust of the dagger, his hide shivered slightly, but still he made no move to look at her.

Perhaps discouraged by his lack of response, she seemed to grow tired of her game rather quickly. He felt her step back, heard her inhale, gathering her breath for the act that she was about to commit, and he too breathed, bidding all of the goodbyes that a final exhale would allow him.

And then she split the silence with a scream, and the word she uttered was enough to make the world go dark.

• • • 

Of course, death would never let him off that easy.

The shock of hearing his enemy cry for help had been enough to send him drifting into unconsciousness for a spell, but it wasn’t quite enough to kill him, even in his weakened state. When he came to for the second time, another shadow hovered above him, speaking in a faint voice—he only caught the words ‘Badger’ and ‘Throat’ before he twitched in alarm at the all-too-familiar name, sending a spasm of pain into his shoulder. He groaned aloud and did his best to shift his weight away from the injured side. Though he was too overwhelmed to answer the stranger’s question, it was clear from the way he favored his shoulder that he was unable to rise. “Throat,” he rasped finally with great effort, eyes rolling in pain, “Haven’t…you…done…enough?”

Before he had a chance to say more, yet another pair of legs halted before his prone body. A cool shadow fell over his face, and his gaze flickered upward to find a snowy pair of wings and their jovial owner, who greeted Death by name and Throat-thug with a gentlemanly head-bob. Gull’s eyes widened in distress. What was this pegasus doing? Clearly, the world had gone mad today.

Civilities exchanged with the pair, the winged stallion turned to him, rumbling the name ‘Miykael’ by way of introduction. Drifting high on the waves of pain radiating from his re-agitated shoulder, Gull floated between the newcomer’s deep voice and the blackness that threatened to spread from where it lurked at the edges of his vision. Both brought pretty promises of relief, and he lingered in the space between until he only heard silence. Vaguely, he realized that the voice had stopped talking, but all twelve hooves were still there. He stirred in faint agitation.

“What’s…with the…three’ve you…anyway?” he breathed, closing his eyes again. “Can’t…a guy…die…in peace?”

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tiamat @Badger @Miykael
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
The injured pegasus doesn’t seem to respond much to her gentle prodding, so the ocean mare continues to sweep her concerned gaze across the white sands. The Medic knows that she cannot procrastinate much longer—she will have to do whatever is in her power—but the dreadful, sickening knowledge that it likely won’t be enough (despite every last ounce of effort she will pour into him) keeps her searching, wishing against all odds that another healer will assist her. The blue mare’s spirit is not easily dampened. She believes in this world, in its kindness, and it is not in her character to abandon hope.

Mercifully, fortune does not fail her this day.

Tiamat squints her eyes against the blazing autumn sun, her heart leaping into her throat with anticipation when she notices a dark figure approaching them. He wears some strange sort of trinket around his face, which the blue mare would inquire amiably about at any other time, but now she is far too focused on her duty at hand. Her heart soars when he introduces himself as a healer, an Alchemist. She is not entirely familiar with the titles of the ranks within other herds, but even if he doesn’t have healing magic, her confidence swells with the promise of teamwork.

Turning her attention away from the winged equine for the briefest of moments, the ocean mare looks to Badger, offering a smile that comes far easier than his own. “My name is Tiamat, from the Basin. I’m a healer as well,” her curved horn is tipped in a friendly gesture, hoping to reassure him as much as he has reassured her. The controlled anxiety and concern in the stalli—male’s (an embarrassing observation for another time)—eyes are mirrored in her own. Just because she has studied and honed her knowledge and skill of herbs, Tiamat hasn’t been able to completely shake her distress when faced with the ravages of violence, and she doesn’t know if she ever will. She knows what she can do to help, and that must be enough.

When Badger shifts to question the wounded pegasus, Tiamat’s gaze follows suit, tracing the jagged lines of seared and shredded skin, her thoughts browsing which remedies would be best to use. Her heart pounds in her ears, so much so that she doesn’t even realize Miykael’s approach until he’s already at her shoulder. “Miykael, hello! I can say the same, my friend,” the lines of her face illuminate with his presence, knowing the beautiful effects of his magic first-hand. Together, the three of them will not fall unsuccessful.

Exhaling a comforted sigh from her nostrils, the unicorn tilts her ears forward when she hears a slow and weakened voice, lowering her head closer to the collapsed stallion’s. She manages a breezy chuckle, not unfamiliar with a stubborn patient. “Don’t worry, my friend—we will take care of you,” her smile never fading from her lips, she brushes her muzzle comfortingly against his cheek before looking up to the others. “I am proficient with herbs, but I do not have healing magic. I can tend to his surface wounds; I believe I will be of more use that way.”

The mare’s eyes wander momentarily to the pegasus’ scorched flanks, inwardly flinching at the amount of pain this poor fellow must be in. However, before such injuries are addressed, there is a greater concern in her mind. Looking down again to him, she probes him gently for an answer: “Are you thirsty? I can bring you fresh water.” Closing her eyes in concentration, the ocean mare summons that warmth, that unpracticed security within herself. Drawing upon the moisture in the air and the tropical forest, she manages to gather a small floating pocket of fresh liquid, swirling gently in the shape of a little orb. She guides it through the air, allowing it to rest near the wound stallion’s lips, offering it to him should he want it.

“Speech.”
@Miykael @Badger | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

The blue mare introduces herself, and I offer a nod in return. She reveals that she is also a healer, which is quite the relief, and exactly the news I want to hear. My brow furrows in confusion as the wounded pegasus speaks, and a question bubbles on my tongue. Haven't you done enough, he asks? I try not to think the worst, which is that a fellow Throatian is responsible for this man's broken state. But before I can respond, another arrives. I recognise this one, and I offer him a broad smile, knowing him to be a fellow healer, relieved that the cavalry appears to have arrived.

As the pegasus asks why he can't die in peace, I steel my features and fix him with my hardest, sternest glare. "You're not dying today." He doesn't answer my question - doesn't tell me where it hurts, so I can try to identify if there's any wounds that may sap the life from him like poison from a wound. Well, it looks like I'm just going to have to improvise. I look to Miykael and Tiamat, and address them in a hushed voice that I hope the pegasus can't hear; your patient never wants to hear you talking about them like they're not there! "I'm worried he may have internal wounds that we can't see, and I think we should focus on them before we turn our attention to his wing and other injuries. I have healing magic, but I...am unsure if it works on wounds inside the body. What do you both think?" As grave as the situation is, I can't help but revel in the fact I have two fellow healers here to bounce off, to discuss my ideas with and to hopefully work together with to return this painted fellow to his feet again.

b a d g e r

eurgh sorry for the awful post but didn't want to hold yas up! @Miykael