the Rift

[OPEN] anything to make you smile [BIRTHING]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I knew I shouldn’t have ventured out so far from the Basin. Granted, it was a short burst to get my legs stretched from being cooped up in the Basin for so long. When I woke today, the child within me was restless – in turn making me stay up half of the night pacing. By the time I returned to the Basin after my little stunt, I remained on the borders. I watched as the sky grew cloudy, knowing it was mid-morning by this time. I was already exhausted beyond comprehension and the child was still restless. I had grown annoyed by it, unsure of why it decided to be so active. It was a foreign feeling for me to know what exactly was going to happen next. I remembered my last pregnancy fondly, the child was a stillborn – no movement before the birth whatsoever. So I calmed my nerves with thinking that this was perhaps the best thing that could be happening. At least the child was showing me that it was feisty and strong. Perhaps a bit too strong for my liking.

I felt the onset of contractions which sent my anxiety into overdrive. I worried about getting back to my cave, about getting Ashamin, about getting a healer. All of that grew into hindsight as I became frozen with both a reoccurring pain and fear. I didn’t even make it within the Basin’s borders even knowing how dangerous it could be out here. So I trudged on, pushing myself further to where I was at least on the very edge of it, enough to see the towering Sentinels below. I had found my way to the Frozen Arch. I teetered on the borders, heavy with a pulsating stomach. Minutes went by of silence, then a few hours. By now it was nearing the evening, the sun still hung in the sky but darkness began to sweep over the land. I was covered in sweat as well as a blanket of panic. “No, no, no, no, no, no.” I gritted my teeth, jaw clamping shut. I knew I needed to lay down, but I wanted to at least get within the borders. It seemed the child was relentless though, sending me tumbling to the ground in a flurry of frustration and lost hope. In those few moments, I lifted my head to be perpendicular with the sky, using my pain and heat to use my magic – shooting off a firework into the darkening sky. With a loud boom, sparks of red and gold flew about ten feet into the sky before cascading down in a beautiful show of light. Maybe someone would see it?

Flashbacks flew as contractions ripped through my golden barrel. Watching myself birth the first child I had. Remembering the feeling of being alone, hidden from the world. I watched as I hopelessly nudged the lifeless golden red body, lifting a wing and pressing my muzzle to its tiny chest to find that there was nothing there. He was beautiful, one that I wished I could have at least gotten the chance to raise; but it was all in the past. I began to grow furious in my agony. Angry at Calstron to the point where I had begun to cry without realizing it. The tears followed my exotic black markings as I lay in the chilled snow, the heat of my body creating small puddles out of the ivory blanket. The only thing I hoped to result from this was a healthy child. Ashamin had never done anything like Calstron had, but I was careful around others. Unsure of their reactions and untrusting. The only one I felt even slightly comfortable around was the Haruspex.

The more I thought about him, the more I worried. I shut my eyes tight as the contractions grew stronger, wishing that I hadn’t ventured out and that perhaps I could have had the child near him. I hoped he could come, I needed a breath of sanity to clear my mind of the horrible thoughts I was beginning to have. I began to have terrorizing ideas that perhaps when this child was born despite the violent movements it had been doing before, that it would become that lifeless slump in the snow. I heaved and pulled in the frozen air deep into my lungs, nearly hyperventilating, thinking that I might need to bury another child.

That was when I screamed for him. I screamed for Ashamin, for anyone. Hoping that I hadn’t attracted a predator to come upon us. I was close enough to the Basin’s borders, right? Maybe someone would hear me? I couldn’t help but to grow quiet again, humming to myself and the child between hiccups that everything was going to be okay. That we were going to be okay. I opened my eyes to see that the sun had moved a bit further, barely hovering above the points of the mountains. I knew that the child needed to be born before the sun went down and we were succumbed to darkness all alone.

So I heaved and pushed for a few moments, then again even harder in an endless rotation until finally I felt the child escape me. I sat up like a rocket, pulling my head to the child as I quickly adjusted myself to face him. We both stayed within the snow as I pressed my muzzle to every inch of him. Wingless, but a beautiful gold and white appaloosa coloring. Red sparks marking his neck and the backs of his legs that faded into darkness like mine. I noticed a black bump in the middle of his forehead, and I began to nudge his tiny frame. My breathing heavy as it cascaded over my child. I began to clean him then, frantically trying to make sure that he was breathing. When he had begun to breath, I sighed with relief, but he still wouldn’t stand. I nudged him further, pressing my cream muzzle under his chest trying to lift him ever so slightly. “Come on, baby, you can do it.” I encouraged the young colt. Nudging him more and more, moments passed where he would swivel his head slightly but barely move his legs. “Please!” I began to beg as I grew desperate. Light was fading and he wasn’t standing. Was there something wrong?

I heaved and pulled myself onto shaky legs as I panicked, moving over to the other side of the child and pressing him further with my gentle touch. “Finally!” I whispered, relief washing over me as the golden boy stretched his faded legs out in front of him and heaved himself up slowly and wobbly with a few failed attempts. My heart was beating frantically as the world faded from me. I began to clean him up further, watching him with pride and a sudden burst of happiness to know that he was even alive to begin with.

"Talk?"
rexanna & rein
no one is ever gonna love you more than I do.

Open to anyone that wants to stop in and meet little Rein! I placed it on the border of the Basin so that way others could come as well. :)
Tagging all who wanted to join! @Ashamin @Rein @Tilney @Tiamat
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
It is Rexanna’s fireworks that catch her attention. The ocean mare lingers at the banks of her brother lake, as she often does on solitary nights, when the sun dips low in the sky and sleep does not beckon to her yet. She finds comfort in his quiet company. Her velvet muzzle trails over the glassy surface, watching as the ripples swell out smoothly from her touch, when the fireworks’ reflection suddenly draws her eye. Furrowing her brow in confusion, her head rises and white eyes glance towards the Basin’s entrance, resting just in time to see the bright sparkles fade into the splendid haze of dusk.

Tiamat has never seen fireworks before, and mistakes them at first for stars—but they are not like her other pearly sisters, twinkling endlessly in the darkness and anchored in the sky. Deciding that it must something of nature that she doesn’t understand, the blue mare has no choice but to investigate—to learn. Her heart thrumming in mounting enthusiasm, Tiamat pivots on dainty heels and directs herself towards the valley’s entrance, cloven hooves cutting cleanly through the unfettered snow.

Her warm breath billows in translucent clouds around her lips, wafting through the cold air to play with her leonine tail, before dissipating completely behind her. The mare’s stride is long and even, thumping with every beat of her heart, her spirits lifted by the wind that whistles a song through the crevices in her horn. Everything about nature is exciting to Tiamat—sacred, even—and her curiosity swells in her breast until she feels like she might not be able to contain it.

However, she is caught off-guard when not something comes into view, but rather someone. Uninhibited by fears or suspicions of strangers, the ocean mare’s pace does not falter, and as the distance to the border decreases, recognition finally seizes her. “Rexanna! Are you all right?” She calls out to the golden mare, slender legs carrying her faster when she notices that her herd mate isn’t standing. Fear strikes cold through her heart, quickly followed by the affectionate, steely resolve to help, to heal.

Even when Rexanna rises, Tiamat pushes herself forward still, unable to ease the hammering against her ribcage until she is sure her friend is safe and sound. Slowing herself with only a slight misstep that skids her forward, the blue mare comes to settle at the golden mare’s side, touching her shoulder gently before noticing her little miracle. “Oh, Rexanna,” Tiamat’s breath is taken, and not with the exertion of her recent exercise—but with the miracle of life, “he’s beautiful! A wide smile breaks across her lips, white eyes sparkling with wonder as she looks at the tiny child. How proud Rexanna must be! There are few miracles that can rival the phenomenon of birth, and she feels fortunate to be able to witness it now.

Looking back to the new mother, Tiamat’s smile softens tenderly before she sifts through her thick hair. Ever mindful, ever caring, and ever benevolent, the health of the golden mare doesn’t go overlooked to the ocean mare. While she has yet to experience birth herself, she understands that this beautiful blessing doesn’t come without challenging the mother’s body. Selecting a blend of chamomile to help relax both mother and child, and gotu kola to aid in healing and mental clarity, she offers them to Rexanna. “Here, take these. They will help,” the herbs are grasped in her lips, revered tokens for them, given from the earth.

With her long tail swaying behind her in barely-contained excitement, she lowers her head, moving slowly as she looks fondly upon the newborn. “Hello, little one,” her smile is as soft as her voice, lilting like a feather against the wind. Reaching out to him, she offers her muzzle, wanting to taste his milky scent and feel the innocence of his very being, but she manages not to be overbearing, only touching the colt should he allow her to. “What have you named him?” Tiamat inquires happily of the golden mare, looking to her from the level of her son.

“Speech.”
a bright star
so no one lets you down
i will shine to guide you

@Rexanna || image || table
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N  &  R E X A N N A
i love you more than there are stars in the sky

The golden prince's introduction to the world was less than favorable, in fact, he found it quite annoying. He decided the world was too cold, too damp and the tongue against his coat was too rough. Therefore, his first thought was something along the lines of simply ugh, with the only redeemable traits he saw in the world being the golden mare next to him and the pretty, pretty colors. But that didn't change the fact that the golden was all over him.

His oceanic eyes opened for the first time to give the golden creature next to him an irritated glance, but quickly forgot his annoyance upon seeing her. He looked to her body, then to his, eyes flicking back and forth between their golden shades. Neato. His legs faded to black, too. Even neater. She smelled nice, she smelled like all he had ever known and needed to know. He didn't know what to call her yet, but this didn't change the fact that she was undoubtedly his.  

But her prodding and pushing was still annoying. He snorted, objecting the golden mare’s nudges as she nosed him to stand. If he knew of words then, he would’ve said, ‘no, I think I'd like to go to sleep now.’ But the child knew nothing of speaking, he only knew what he felt. He felt like curling up, closer to the golden, to his mother, and napping within her embrace. She was relentless in her nudging, though, finally prodding the boy to comply with her lyrics, for they sounded foreign and uncomfortable to him.

He did so unwillingly, mostly because his legs felt so awkward when taken from underneath him. He struggled to rise, falling to his knees a couple times before shakily standing. He smiled to himself, pride building up in his small chest. He had been born moments before, but he was feeling confident in himself.

The boy turned to his mother with a grin, flicking his dark, silvery tail back and forth. And so his second thought was something along the lines of I am really great. But his thought was hastily forgotten, for another soul was approaching them. He instinctively leaned into his mother, hind legs fumbling backwards, an attempt at hiding underneath her. But the blue mare sang sweet melodies, ones that sounded foreign still, but less urgent than the ones that poured from his mother.

When she reached her muzzle out, the boy hesitantly flicking his ears backward. He finds the muzzle is meant for him, but to do what with, he does not know. But he knows that blue isn't present on his body, or his mother's, and he wants to touch it. He stretched his neck out, bumping his muzzle against the blue's softly, squealing gleefully when he found it to be soft and warm. But he found gold to be just as warm as blue, and withdrew his muzzle to nurse for the first time. (Because all that muzzle bumping is obviously exhausting and he is clearly starving.)

i love you more every time i look into your eyes

@Rexanna :D

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
'aiya'
Day and night the bronze brute had travelled, marble clefts taking him on his northerly quest. The signature emerald cloak he wore in the colder months was draped generously over his hind, licking the snow-covered ground with each step. Tilney was not one for the cold; perhaps that was why he had left the Basin? The seasons along with the climate did not agree with him; His eyes had hardly coped with the almost constant darkness during last frostfall.  His northern ventures were for a purpose; to see his dear friend Rexanna.

His sight though, was something he thankfully had no reason to fret over any longer; he had finally found a way to light his rusted old lantern. Years had passed since his mothers last enchanting song was sung over the lamp; That was how it used to come afire. Such a poorly, sickly little thing he had been, Relying on his mothers beautiful magic to help him see through the night. Since his entry to helovia he thought the beaten lamp would be useless forever, never to aid his sight again; he was quite wrong. Only days ago Tilney was stood over the wolds edge, gazing out at the kaleidoscope of colours that an orangemoons sunset had poured into the ocean. 'Aiya' He had hailed to the sun, thanking his lord for such a breathtaking sight in his elvish mother-tongue. It was in that very moment that his historic lantern lit with a puff and flicker of fire. The first night in years that he had been able to see the stars, his home, the world at night; The first night of many to come.

Another recent addition to his cold-weather equipment was a warm collar wrapped smugly around his withers, Shaggy mane of a transvaal lion dripping over his cold ginger hide. He had found the old lions carcasse in a cave and extracted the precious parts with medicinal properties, but could not pass the beautiful mane. Such a magnificent creature would be celebrated on Tilneys neck during winter months. Treating the leonine hide with tree sap and various oils he had found on his journey, Tilney came up with quite the collar; A perfect middle shade between the colour of his mane and chestnut pelt.

The sun was slinking away through the clouds and darkness threatened, but Tilney had the best defense now; He trudged on through the snow until he came to the arch. Nothing stopped him now; he would not run for shelter at the threat of moontide, or tremble in shadows. Crossing through the arch slowly and surely, Tilney soon found himself gazing over his former frostbitten home. It was only then that his bronze audits caught voices on the wind; they had to be close, there's to way he coudl hear the basin residents from up here.
Verdant gaze searching through the ivory winds, they finally caught on the sight of a unicorn huddled over another horned figure. He only caught silouettes through the darkness, but with a simple word he could fix that easily.

"Aiya" He chanted, a grin falling on his lips as  the deep sound of a flickering flame sliced through the freezing sounds. Its heat beat down on his neck and poll, providing an incredible heater. Stepping forwards in the rivers of snow the young man trudged closer to the figures, finally able ot make them out. A vibrant blue mare, and another of gold... Rexanna? 
"Rex!" Tilney cheered, but he did wonder why his friend was so far out in the snow. Worry creased his brow as he finally reached the trio. It took a moment to even notice the newborn, his lantern pouring light over the three faces. "Oh, Rexanna" Tilney whispered; he had no idea she was even expecting.  The first thing he did was reach to his chest and hastily unbuckle his cloak, draping it over the golden mare and her young. He hoped desperately that they were both healthy, and who was this other precious doe? The intense colour of the ocean was she, and hints of green traced in her otherwise blue locks.

So many questions flooded the bronze stags beautiful brain. Who sired this colt? Where was he now? He settled himself beside his best friend though, hanging his lofty crown over her and the golden colt and hoped they could gather all the warmth they could from the fire he carried. She had to be so exhausted. He reached to the newborn and gentle, almost paternally nipped at his neck and gently nudged him closer to his mother, continuing to share the warmth his lantern could provide. The panic had passed, and with each moment he believed more and more that they were quite alright, and this newborn was healthy. Shaking his new collar over his neck, he offered it to the aqua mare. "You must be quite cold" was his whisper as he gently pulled the lions mane over her head, careful of her ivory horn and shrugged it over her neck. His green gaze then travelled back to the oceanic eyes of his friend, smiling softly.
"He's beautiful Rexanna" 

image credits

aww

@Rexanna @Rein @Tiamat

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

IT was nearing sunset when Eldala was making her way back towards the Basin for the night. A wonderfully large pile of bark laid upon a branch with enough lateral shoots to prevent it from falling off. The fruit of many hours of peeling the strips from their home on various trees. She was quite pleased with herself and, secretly, she had no intentions of sharing this precious cargo. A little innocent indulgence. This bark was not of the weaving kind, however, no. It was for eating. The best way for a horse to get nutrients in the winter with no visible grass was edible bark and thus, Eldala had ventured just outside the Basin for a while to harvest it. Later in the season this would be a nice little snack. She'd need more, sure, but this was a start.

Unfortunately for her, she was not destined to keep her harvest today. Just as she'd reached the edge of her homeland the mare saw a small gathering of horses. Curiosity caught her attention and she slowed her pace, stopped, and dropped the pile just short of the gathering. There was a sweaty looking mare, a blue mare, and a stallion with antlers. /Well, thats interesting. By-product of a clandestine meeting with a stag perhaps?/ But then, a little fluffy tail swishing underneath the belly of the sweaty mare catches her gaze, and eyes go wide. /A foal!/

She'd not seen one since meeting Ivezho. Before she'd always ignored them as annoyances but, now, looking at the tinsy little tail she felt an odd pull she couldn't explain. This entire bout of observation from the dropping of her bundle to the widening eyes had taken less than a second and now she introduces herself, "Hello! I'm Eldala, Apprentice of the Weaver Johnny here. You have a truly lovely little foal there."

She pauses a moment, staring forlornly at her precious bark pile, before deciding to do the right thing. The little hazelnut picks it up again and bounces over to the mare where she drops it on the ground. "This is the tastiest edible bark one can find. I'm sure you're hungry after your ordeal so please take it." A bright, charming smile is upon her face as she speaks but inside she cries a little that she won't have her bark later. /The price one pays for friends, I suppose./

The mare knew nothing of the "ordeal" other than remembering her mother had eaten massive amounts of food following the birth of her younger siblings so, really, this offer was the only thing she had for the mare. In spite of her inexperience, she instinctively knew it was important to remain quiet and calm for the atmosphere here was thick. She didn't know the other two yet, but hoped introductions would eventually be made. But, right now, everyone's focus was on the new mother and her foal.

@Rexanna

@Tiamat

@Tilney @Rein

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht
The unmistakable reek of blood, mucus, and other bodily fluids condenses in the air like a fog. It humidifies the chill of Orangemoon and sticks to the inner lining of the black’s nostrils. He lifts his head, still chewing a mouthful of grass kept lush by the protective ring of mountains fencing the Basin in from all but one direction. Green eyes cast outward with apprehension. Had Short-Wide finally popped?

There’s curiosity, but he shakes his head in dismissal. Any decent mother would be less than pleased to find him in attendance of something so private as a birthing, let alone Miss-Teen-Mom herself. And what would he do there anyway? Gawk at the mess that must be her body after the rigors of labor? He isn’t a soother, a healer, a protector. He’s just an asshole and surely she’s got one of those already.

He resolves to let nature take its own course, let the mare be a mare for fucks sake, but as his muzzle drops to resume filling in the grooves between his ribs a thunderous CLAP rips his attention away again. Flickers of light burst from a central point in the sky and then flutter downwards in a cone of color.

Huffily, he answers the spectacle. "You’d better hope someone else is about. I’m no-” But then a shriek drowns out his complaints and even his shriveled old heart can’t stand unaffected. Ears pinned in uncertainty, he trots toward the epicenter of sound, hoping fervently that no one sees him do it. Wouldn’t want anyone thinking he should move with more haste at any regularity.

Apprehension shifts to irritation as he finds the mare not only in generous company already, but standing and nursing her apparently healthy colt. What a Drama-Queen. He halts a few paces outside the assembly, wary of the emotional instability of females in duress. Everything looks fine to him. No need to take chances with so many sets of teeth and hind legs in attendance.

//

OOC: Short-Wide and Miss-Teen-Mom refer to Enna. She's the only pregnant mare he's met up to this point.
The Curmudgeon
Image Credit

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Ashamin was already beginning to stir when he heard the call and the thunderous clap of a firework. Rakt started suddenly from sleep; Lochan was already running out of the cave. The small family was going to get bigger, that was what Rexanna had told him. Together, they were going to have a child, she had said and he had promised. As friends and their own kind of family, they would raise the youth that came from her loins and Ashamin would be a father.

He had told her, with complete confidence, that he would care for her and the foal. But the prospect terrified him. He was going to be a father, but how did one even do that? He couldn't imagine it was anything like raising the two boys that followed him as companions. Lochan and Rakt were easy wards, and they loved him in a way that was both unconditional and easy for the haruspex to understand. He could feel their love--in his chest, in his mind, in the paintings they drew for him with care. But what about a child? How had his father known Ashamin had loved him, had he known that when he died?

And what about his mother, dead seconds after his birth? Had she known? Would she have had any regrets?

When his own name pealed through the night, the thought of Rexanna being in danger came to him first. He set off as fast as he could, after Lochan and with Rakt in graceful tow. The cold hit him like a wall but he pressed on, his tail waving behind him and his necklace dragged back in the rush of air. His hooves pounded on the permafrost, each beat of them against the earth a reminder of the seconds passing, the moments stretched out before him in which everything could go wrong.

When he made his way through the throng, though, what appeared before him was not tragedy--was not the end of a life. It was only beginning, new and young and beautiful in gold and black and red. His son, a child without a name but with all the love in the world with Rexanna and Ashamin as his parents.

Ashamin did not wait and watch as strangers spoke kindnesses, passed out remedies and offered their blankets. He pushed forward, instead, to place his cheek first against Rexanna's and then to lower himself and offer the same to his son. "Rexanna..." he murmured in awe to the mare. "Our son... we have a son." Joy burst from him, tears welled at the edges of his coal black eyes. Lochan and Rakt circled the mother and child with eager and protective desire, thrilled for their bonded and curious about the young foal's origins.

Ashamin the haruspex stood proud, stood tall, and beamed towards those gathered while wrapping his tail before his family. Ashamin the haruspex was a father--the role he was meant for, assigned to him at last.

""
ashamin, lochan, & rakt
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It wasn’t long before the commotion I had hoped to gain began to head toward me. First, the oceanic healer that had healed me the night that my child had been conceived. She held genuine worry but all I could do was beam a tired smile to her. She grew closer, a quick pace to see what had gone on that caused such a stir. I felt her warm muzzle reach my shoulder in greeting before noticing my son. I lowered my head to him, adoring how proud and strong he seemed to be to me as I poked and prodded him. However, Tiamat caught my attention again. “He’s beautiful!” I sighed with a bit of content. “Isn’t he?” My voice showed signs of wear and exhaustion as she rummaged through her hair to find more herbs. She grabbed a few leaves of various things and handed them to me. My tired state gladly took them, breathing in slowly, relaxing ever so slightly knowing that a healer was here in case something went horribly wrong.

What have you named him?” Tiamat questioned and I sat there for a few moments, unsure of how to answer that. Ashamin and I had never really thought of what we could name the child, so instead I watched my golden boy beneath me reach out to press his muzzle against the blue mare before retreating back under me and began to nurse. I breathed a small sigh of relief, lifting my head to the blue mare – opening my mouth briefly before someone else coming to us gathered my attention away from the question. This time, a large stallion approached with a light attached to his antler. Yet, his unmistakable tree marking immediately let me know who it was. I beamed to him as he ran toward me. “Tilney! Oh I’m so glad you’re here.” I breathed to him, pressing my face into him as he wrapped his cloak around me. I didn’t realize how cold I was until the cloth was delicately placed upon my back. “Thank you… He really is.” I smiled to the caramel stallion, both a breathless thank you a million times until an unfamiliar face approached.

My body stiffened at first until she spoke. Eldala, apprentice of Johnny. I fondly remembered the candy man before nodding my head to her. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Eldala. I’m Rexanna.” I spoke calmly, taking the gift from her with a bright smile before lowering my head to the child to make sure he was doing alright. I placed the bark gently on the snow in front of me in a place I knew I wouldn’t forget it, before I lifted my head back to the Apprentice. “Thank you for the gift!” I nodded to her. Then, Albrecht caught my gaze on the outside of the circle. The old man had an intriguing sense of humor but seemed… kind? I let my gaze land on him softly, watching him for a few moments as he stayed on the outside of the already larger circle.

Then, there he was. Ashamin. He rushed through while I had been speaking with everyone else. I took note of Lochan and Rakt’s rush as they ran toward us while Ashamin made his way into the circle, pressing his warm cheek to my sweaty cold one. I beamed to him, nuzzling him back briefly until the Haruspex looked to Rein, interacting with him just as he had with me. “Rexanna… Our son… We have a son.” It was enough to make my tears begin to fall again, this time of joy and happiness rather than the pain and fear they had been just previously. I smiled, nodding my head. “Our son is beautiful.” I looked back to Lochan and Rakt nodding to them to see if they wanted to come and meet what would more than likely be like a brother to them. I lowered my head back down to the colt, blue eyes flickering up to catch Ashamin’s tearful gaze. “We need a name for our golden boy, Ashamin.” I reached for Ashamin again, resting my nose delicately on his shoulder gently, breathing a sigh of relief that there had been so many here with good intentions and such a great welcoming for my child’s birth. My face had become wet with warmth and stained with tears along my exotic black markings that my child carried, this time red as how Ashamin’s neck had been.

I turned my head, then, back to Tilney with a smile. “Tilney, this is Ashamin. This is my son’s father.” I spoke gently to him, enjoying the gentle warmth from both the cloak and the lantern as little moths began to fly around it, seeking their warmth and light as well. Then flashing a smile to Tiamat and Eldala, my gaze fell upon the child born from a thief and a priest. What a wonderful future this child would have.

"Talk?"
rexanna & rein
no one is ever gonna love you more than I do.

REIN <3333333 @Tiamat @Rein @Eldala @Albrecht @Tilney
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
The ocean mare is not surprised when the little boy hesitates at first, recoiling on instinct away from her—at this point she is a complete stranger to him, entirely foreign, and not his mother. Hoping to ease his discomfort, she offers him a small smile of encouragement, the gesture widening brilliantly when the newborn submits, his velvet whiskers as warm as his milky scent. What a blessing it is, to see the innocence of life! The mare can feel the joy glowing from within her, and she feels as if she is a star, with her brilliant light pulsating with every merry heartbeat.

Another voice calls to the new mother; the deep tones of a man rumbling through the starry twilight. Flicking a dainty ear in his direction, Tiamat lifts her head to its natural height, eyes large and round with the celebration of emotions in her expression. She marvels at his lighted lamp, watching as the warm light plays across his face and onto the soft snow. Absentmindedly, the young mare wonders if this is the stallion who has fathered Rexanna’s child (because unlike some others, she has remained blissfully oblivious to the glimmering clues that have been placed around her). However, while this strapping man (Tilney, she gathers from Rexanna’s greeting) is very kind, he doesn’t seem to react as she would expect of a father.

Flicking her lion tail happily out behind her, the blue mare is caught off guard when the coppery stallion turns to her, promptly offering his lion’s mane collar for her to wear. “Thank you, good sir,” she says to him with a brilliant smile, long lashes fluttering almost bashfully over her eyes, “my name is Tiamat.” She gives him a dainty curtsy of her head, curved horn tipping forward before others arrive to seize her attention.

The first is a petite mare that she does not recognize. The stranger approaches amiably and introduces herself as Eldala, an apprentice for Johnny—and mention of the candy man makes Tiamat smile happily—before offering the golden mare a gift. The blue mare grins with her generosity, her heart warmer than ever; because how could anyone possibly be anything other than euphoric at a gathering like this?

As if on cue, an old, weathered stallion catches her eye as he lingers on the outskirts. Tiamat identifies him from when they had all painted the tent, but she doesn’t remember his name. Nevertheless, she offers him a friendly smile, even gesturing to him happily with her chin should he choose to come stand at her side. The ocean mare is entirely uninhibited in her acceptance of others. Race, age, and gender all mean very little in the opportunity of a friend.

Hoping that he will accept her invitation, but not wanting to pressure anyone, she turns around again, Tilney’s lamplight illuminating her eyes. The soft line of her lips brightens when she notices Ashamin, happy to see her dear friend, though she is entirely astounded when he greets the mother and child. His child.You’re the father?!” She exclaims hardly a moment after Rexanna introduces the Haruspex to Tilney, the smile on her lips wide enough to flash ivory teeth. “Oh Ashamin, Rexanna—I’m so happy for the two of you!” Tiamat laughs gleefully, the sound like chimes in the wind as it leaves her lips. What a delightful turn of events! There is no doubt in her mind that this sweet boy will have more than enough love from his family.

“Speech.”
a bright star
so no one lets you down
i will shine to guide you

@Rexanna @Rein || image || table
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
[Image: 56933a9cc0382]
R E I N

The boy was happy to merely linger by his mother, beneath her coat of golden stars and unending warmth. He would poke his head out occasionally, to squeal at another who approached. He took little note of them, though, and found himself more mesmerized by their trinkets. One brought a blanket, and light to their gathering. He appreciated that, though he knew little of gratitude, he was pleased to see his mother relax under the protection from each.

Another two made his mother tense, something he took note of. He peered at them from beneath her, but once she relaxed, so did he. If she was all right with them, so was he. Besides, he had more pressing issues to attend to, such as his empty stomach.  

The next time he could be bothered to look up was when he new voice, one dripping with emotions he hadn't heard in any others. He turned to face the newcomer, the holder of the deeper melodies. He was black and white and...red!

Rein recognized the color, squinting at the stallion upon spotting the red on his neck. He looked down to his knees, peering at the red that spattered them, and his neck (he face, too, but he didn't know of that yet). He made no connection, only thinking to himself what a cool shade marked their coats, and not of what the resemblance meant.

But the stallion came closer, and touched his mother's cheek, then his. He didn't flinch away from the stallion as he had the blue, for he had learned this was just something you do. He nickered happily at the stallion, nuzzling his dark fur and instantly filling with intrigue as he did so. The stallion had a horn that wound down his face, unlike the golden one that spiraled up from his mother's. He had a weird tail, too, and was followed by leggy creatures not so different from himself.

He found himself with many questions for the stallion, but lacking any words in which to say them with. He could only gaze up at the stallion with a curious gleam to his indigo gaze and a wonder-filled smile. His mother leaned closer to the stallion, making the colt think once more of the red he shared with the stallion.

Wait. Was there more to that than he had originally assumed?

son of a thief and a priest

@Tilney

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The star girl slipped past the sentinels, returning home after a long venture to clear her head. Well, in an attempt to clear her head, and it had been unsuccessful. Silver eyes scanned up their forms as they stood lifeless and stoic against the frozen landscape. Was there even magic left in them? If she abandoned the mountains and returned an unwelcomed outcast, would they even spring to a defense? She didn't know, and honestly didn't care. Home felt less and less as such after each passing day. She hadn't seen Enna in seasons, and Ashamin.... Well, he was a different story altogether. She had given him his blade, the one she had nearly died retrieving, and in a desperate effort to fake contentment with him, he believed everything was okay. Perhaps that was for the best.

A cry broke the silence, nearly muffled by the hood she wore up to her ears to keep warm, the same ears that rotated as her head twisted sharply towards the herdland border. It was shrill and pained, and begged for attention. She took off at a gallop, hooves beating into the newly fallen snow, ears pivoting to catch any further sound. She slowed to a canter as she approached a small gathering, and a trot replaced her speed as she noticed the lack of any panicked voices or frantic movements. The faintest smell of blood tainted the air, but it didn't seem to bother any members of the meeting.

As she circled the group, looking for an opening to see what the meeting orbited around, she realized she recognized no one. Not the blue ocean girl, or the antlered buck, not the bearded elder or the strangely-horned doe. It wasn't until she saw the golden girl and the haruspex that she felt like less of a stranger. But the two weren't alone in the center, touching and caressing and getting close. A small colt, on spindled legs, wobbled near his mother. But it didn't take long to place the pieces together, to work out why Ashamin was marveling over the newest member of the herd. Rexanna said it, confirming the news.

Father.

Ashamin was the babe's father.

It came as a shock, but the feelings of jealousy and bitter resentment for the new mother was short-lived. What she felt was different. It was like spending hours gluing together the pieces of a broken vase, only to drop it again as you went to put it back in the shelf. Each broken piece broke into three, and she had no energy to collect the shards. She had done a lot of thinking and spent plenty of times nursing her emotional wounds, and she had come to terms with her feelings of love and loss. But the scene depicted before her didn't make the newly healed wounds any easier to bear. The fact he was the newborns father...

The thief was beautiful. She was emblazoned with gold, with blackened filigree decorating her form. Golden like the sun, glittering and alluring and everything opposite to the corporal. She was dark. Midnight like the darkened sky, etched with white pinpoints, carved from something much more cold. She didn't know the golden girl, but immediately the differences in appearance were obvious. We're they just as different at heart?

She forced a smile to her lips, but the expression didn't quite make it to her eyes. "Congratulations, Rexanna." Her words we steady, articulate. It was all she could offer through her mixed emotions. Eyes turned to the painted buck, and though she felt the shattered pieces of her heart twist, she maintained her forced facade. "And to you, Ashamin..." She trailed off, pausing long enough allowing her words to calm within her throat. "The same to you."

Silver hovered over the boy, who was brought gifts of warmth and light. Perhaps it was a good omen, being ushered into a world where, despite the chill of the world and the bitterness of jaded souls, light was still shared among a family woven together by strings of fate. And despite her own bitterness towards the newborn colt, he was still part of her family, and she would protect him just as she protected the others who lived and died within the mountain-cradled valley.

Eyes returned to the glowing mother. Though she would keep a watchful eye, the corporal couldn't help protect them if they remained outside the borders. "If I may be so blunt, I suggest you return to the safety of shelter as soon as you can. The wolves who circle our home will soon be getting desperate, and I would hate to see his light snuffed before he gets to see his first morning."

The star girl began her retreat, turning from the warm glow to face the coldness of home. Her head twisted back to the happy family. "My blessings to all three of you."

And as she receded into the night, facing away from the merriment, her sadness finally broke through. Thankfully, no one was around to see it.

words
- when a shooting star streaks through the blackness - - turning night into day- - make a wish and think of me -

image || table
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
A crowd had begun to gather, Tilneys lamplight pouring over each new face. The first addition to the golden boys birth celebrations was a flaxen doe featuring pearl strips across her back and a delicate horn; She introduced herself to the party as Eldala. Just as he had offered warmth and light, Eldala offered some tasty bark. The next was a rather abrupt stag with quite a sabattic appearance. Lashes of nutty hair flowed under an ashy pelt, and just to add to the demonic appearance were two vicious horns crowned on his skull. This dark man stood away from the crowd, observing from a distance and gave no offering, not even an introduction. Perhaps he was just shy? It was too cold to be standing out in this weather though, and Tileny could count this stag ribs one by one. "Come closer friends; The basins wind does not bite as fiercely under the lamp".

This offer was extended to both newcomers, his green gaze travelling between the two new pairs of sight-givers. Next to appear was yet another dark stallion, though this one was blessed with ivory splashes and a less satanic appearance aside from the bloody splash on his shoulder (which Tilney spent a great deal of time nervously wondering if it was actual blood that littered his arm). The fawn-like creatures trailing this man intrigued Tilney, but the forwardness of this bloodstained bloke intimidated him. Tightening his jaw, puffing his weak chest Tilney stood protectively beside Rexanna and the timid babe, is flaxen tail swishing over the golden boys pelt. As the stranger pushed through the crowd, Tilneys ears flattened for the first time in forever.

This man though had not plunged through the crowd to attack like Tilney had orinignally assumed. Unfortunately he had paid no attention to the brutes teary eyes as he greeted Rexanna and the boy. Was this the sire? His new assumption was soon confirmed by Rexanna who introduced the man as Ashamin. Nodding kindly to the man, Tilney merely smiled his was and offered a quiet "Congratulations". He was a little embarrassed for pinning his ears and being so protective of a mare and foal who were not his, but the very man he attempted to protect them against.

image credits

@Rexanna

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy
Rexanna, Rein, Ashamin, Tiamat, Tilney

THERE were many new names thrown about. Not everyone was introduced to her directly but Eldala still quickly made note of what names belonged to who. This was a new experience for her and the most horses she'd ever seen in one place since joining her herd...well, aside from the Giving Turtle's gathering that is. The whole thing was bringing a snow-flurry of emotions within her but she held on to them silently while the scene unfolded.

Rexanna, the new mother was glowing and kind to Eldala in spite of her meager gift. This greatly pleased the little mare and she did a bouncing bow to the mother in her excitement."Of course! I strive to help my fellow herdmates when I am able." The stag's name was Tilney and he was every bit as kind and noble as his regal horns insinuated. She actually felt a little bad for having thought such derisive thoughts about him previously. /Ugh, will I never learn my father's teachings about rash judgments?/ The strangely blue mare was the most buoyant of any assembled. Even the little foal couldn't hold a candle to the pretty mare's joy. Eldala found herself both enjoying her company as well as being somewhat jealous of it. It was not long, though, before the sire shows up in a flurry. /He's certainly not short on emotions is he? I mean, sure, first foal and all. But dramatic cries? Le sigh/ Thinks the Eldala to herself when stud cries out about his creation.

Still, the little hazelnut is polite and kind to all she meets today. If they notice her or interact at all she responds with a nod of her head or a smile. It was a joyous event, after all. Plus, well, she did want friends in her new home too! But, the longer she stayed the more out of place she felt in this seemingly close-knit gathering. The arrival of a straggler only serves to reaffirm this awkward feeling. Eldala couldn't help but feel as if she was missing some sort of key information here but was certainly not going to be the first to pry. She'd nodded when the mare had first arrived but while the words were being emitted Eldala avoided eye contact and made as if there were something on her leg she was very interested in scratching off.

As soon as strange mare left Eldala felt as if this were her cue to leave the private gathering as well. She stayed long enough to hear a few more exchanges, whatever responses the others might have, but soon quietly nodded her goodbyes to the others present and bid a warm farewell to the new family, "Congratulations again! If you ever need anything at all I shall try to help you. Just stop by my cave sometime. Its only a little down from Johnny's."

@Albrecht

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
The old man is used to big to-do’s and doesn’t find this little clamor as dizzying or uncomfortable as some of the others seem to. While they poke tentatively forward only to come staggering back from the center of activity with flashbulbs of emotion popping in their eyes he stands detached and quietly calm at the back of the crowd, trying to draw lines of friendship and relation among the roster of moving faces. Most of them offer helpful introductions – names and titles to pin beneath their portraits in his mind – but others don’t, already so familiar among their comrades that no announcements are needed.

A few eyes turn his way, warning, questioning, and welcoming in turn, but he gives no response save the idle flick of his tail across his knobby hocks, dismissive. He has no place among these voices and no desire to make one as of yet. Devoid of an answering reaction, the others attentions turn back to mother and son until a secondary commotion begins with the arrival of the black and white Haruspex he'd seen at the tent painting.

He and his deer-like companions rush onto the scene amid exclamations of surprise and half stifled hurt. The golden mares assertion of, ‘father,’ has a visible impact on the crowd and draws an incredulous furrow across the old stallion’s brow. He watches as the group suddenly thins, wondering if the gilded mother has just pronounced herself a harlot, home-wrecker, or heart-breaker or if the herd has simply been so detached lately that no one knew ahead of time about the Thief and Haruspex - or their indiscretions. Either way he sees no point in lingering where there's nothing else to gain. His study subjects are leaving and so should he.

Nodding a cordial acknowledgement in the direction of the happy family, though he doubts their reverie will pause long enough to take notice, he wanders off to resume his quest of packing on the pounds.

//

OOC: Congrats!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC