the Rift

[OPEN] all that I believe in

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Rikyn

It was the same as it has always been, he supposed; the trees were russet and gold, their crowns loud in the wind, dry and brittle their rattle filled his ears and muffled the sound of his hooves carelessly passing through the boughs fallen brethren.  Irritably swaying behind him, sometimes tangling the length of his dark and almost waved tail tip in branches and shrubbery, revealing in the left behind wisps torn violently in his passing an obvious trail from which he had come.

Young and bold as most who do not believe mortality their keeper, the chocolate dappled black took long strides, loud, obvious – but so foul was the stag’s mood on this afternoon that he almost dared someone to cross his path with anything more deplorable than a practiced monologue aimed for him to follow them home.  And, to be honest, the boy felt little desire for even that plastic kindness, wishing only to continue on alone as he had his first few days here, wandering aimlessly and thinking about anything but them.

Them, more specifically, being his mother and the amorous beauty of his childhood, her people and their holy water.

His irrationally brutish stride ceases instantaneously, the scowl that has ridden his features thus far deepening, darkening the rich gold of his eyes into a scalded copper for a moment.  Like an echo, his thoughts reverberate within him, in the cruelest of ways that a mere sound cannot accomplish; images, scents, sounds, like needles they dig and delve, until he is forced again to move onward, to silently curse the branches that try to block his forward march.  He finds that, if he walks and counts his hoof beats, and tries to think of things like Aithniel, and conquest, his mother’s head on a pike…

"Fuck off!" sounds the black and gold’s snarl over the rustle and crack of assaulted vegetation (perhaps not all the curses have been silent, after all).

[ OOC: Yes, he is choosing to wage war against a bush at the moment.  He makes no apologies.  Per usual with starter posts this one is less than amazing. x3 Better things to come! ]

Coding by Tamme - Image by Dingo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The star girl slipped through the forest. Typically her noises here were shrouded by the lush greenery, but as Orangemoon took Helovia in full swing, each step produced a satisfying crunch. The canopy still cast dense shade, setting the ceiling ablaze with oranges and reds and yellows, allowing few rays of light to dapple the ground. She was enjoying the vastness of the forest. It was lonely, and she desired nothing but space to clear her head. Unfortunately, it had been an unsuccessful venture so far.

Some ways off, an obnoxious racket caught her attention. As profanities cut through the air, there was a sense of familiarity with the voice that called them out. She diverted her path, winding through the trees, sticks snapping beneath cloven onyx. Stepping through the trees, a form came into view, and a twisted smile fell upon her lips. A deep earthen buck, stained by golden filigree, fought a bush with an almost impressive vigor.

She stepped though the trees, stark and blue against the fiery backdrop, with a splash of sunlight falling across her face. A laugh escaped her at the ridiculous display. This brown and yellow boy was the same one who had attacked her, totally unprovoked, when she suffered from the dripping black of the rift. And now, here he was again, and she was unhindered by disease. It was perfect. With everything going on in her world, she needed a good outlet.

Eyes glittered in the light, glinting like a hidden dagger being drawn. "Well, well, well," she mused, slinking forward. "Look who it is." Stormy grey traced his body, steely and cold. She stopped, head held proudly, feeling venom seep into the words she desired to hiss at him. But she stayed calm on the outside, like the eye of a storm ready to surrender to vicious gales and harsh rain. She was feeling dangerous and destructive. "You're an angry thing, aren't you? I can assure you, though the branches move, it's not a living thing. There's no need to fight it."

Her tail coiled around a rear hoof. "So tell me, darling-" the last word was a misleading purr, as the word twisted from endearment to a kind of insult, "-what is it that brings you to this corner of the world?"

Though none of her business, she couldn't help but linger, heart steady, thankful there were no mountains towering as walls around her. These were the wilds, no man's land, and there was nothing tying her to her broken persona, one of warmth and friendliness and softness. That wasn't her. She wasn't the delicate flower her mother begged for. She was the viper beneath the blossoms, ready to strike.

Whatever rushed in, whatever filled the cracks in her wounded soul and broken heart, felt so much better than the despair that had settled upon her. So she faced him, waiting and willing and eager, begging to complete their unfinished business.

words
OOC|| <3 So, Ki'irha is kinda having a rough patch, and of course the first one she sees is the wonderful Rikyn. Glad to see you're back!! @Rikyn ~
Feed me to the wolves, let them have my flesh. I am something that skin cannot hold.

image || table
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Rikyn

Laughter.

The sound is female – the sadistic whine of the black hearted – and that she laughs makes rage bloom like fire from his chest, crackling with the racing arcs of electricity across his skin until each hair is poised to murder. Beneath him, his hooves flow from the assault on the shrub to pivot his muscular frame about to face her, the one who etched the mark upon his shoulder, the dragoness disguised as a mare.

And so he meets her words, his ego alive and smoldering, his taught and tempered heart as broken as it has ever been; he has no time for her. Its writ in the backward angle of his ears, and the way his golden eyes narrow as he glowers down at her. That she spits acid at him only further deepens his distaste for the wench, though if he was to admit to his feelings honestly, the barb of her laughter was far more caustic.

His breath is hot in the crisp autumn air, the snort ushered from them one that displays he cares not at all that part of the bush is still stuck to his right hind leg, if the fact that he doesn’t shake it away, but approach the bitch, does not sell this truth; his forward lunge for her throat is stilled only by the fact that she seems to want such a thing, and he’ll give the damsel no such satisfaction (you are no master of mine). His tongue has been held through all of her probing at his mood until she questions him, endearment dripping from dark lips he’d rather peel away.

Smile now, whore.

"Certainly not you," rancorously snaps the gilded one, and though he doesn’t know her beyond the scent and smell of her blood and sweat, he speaks of her as if she is Beelzebub, a serpent, a pestilent disease riddling the earth. As far as he’s concerned at this time, she is, anyway – to throw knives at someone obviously so stuck as to be kin to a pin cushion is the act of a merciless, and deplorable, creature (so easily forgetting the times he himself had tormented the downtrodden to thrill on the ambrosia born from pressing their souls into the ground).

"What crawled up your cavernous hole and died?"

[ OOC: thanks! glad to see ki'irha and have them back to their usual polite tea party gatherings. ^^ ]
@Ki'irha

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Noella

He reacted to her like dynamite, volatile and vicious. His ears twisted, and his gaze was molten as it caught her steely pools. She wanted to push him farther, make him twist and snap and bite. And if he lashed out at her, if he gave her a single reason, she lusted to cut him down at the knees, let his blood wash her of her past sins to create room for future transgressions.

His spat his words at her, casting insults that she easily sidestepped. Unperturbed by his venom, she tipped her head ever so slightly and raised a brow, looking as though she were trying to remember the answer to a difficult question. "Hmm," she sighed, stepping closer. "I'm not sure what it was that crawled up there. Though, you do share quite the resemblance to the rodent that did. Perhaps a sibling?"

The star girl was unable to suppress a snicker as his adversary clung to his leg. "Also, it appears your bush friend loves you back. Perhaps you should apologize and make up. Your language was atrocious, I'm sure she didn't appreciate it." Though the gilded beast was huge compared to she, and could be compared to a freight train barreling towards her should he decide to, she was unrestrained in her humor. Her wicked amusement was like the thrill of taunting an angry bear, or grabbing the tail of a rattlesnake. She was stupidly dauntless despite the possible repercussions. She had nothing to lose.

Did he even deserve her callousness? Certainly his tongue was sharp and she had plenty of reason to hold a grudge against him. But her bitterness was derived from something much deeper, a wound she would let fester before she admitted it had broken her. She let the infection poison her heart, replace the softness with something dangerous and barbed.

"I don't believe I caught your name during our last escapade. Care to share it now?" Would an asshole with any other name smell as foul? "If you'd like, I can help separate the two of you if you can't play nice. As long as you promise to refrain from attacking me as you so rudely did last time." She took another step forward, closing the space between them further. She hadn't seen him in some time. Didn't he belong to the Basin? If their meeting went sour, would he be missed?

Would she be missed?  

image || table
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Rikyn

His muscles are still taught as steel (or so he’d describe them) as he stares her down, the snort breaking from his nostrils at her attempt to compare him to a rodent all the disdain he lets escape from his being, aside from the obvious physical cues that he lingers on the brink of violence. Of all the things that might have touched his ego before the discovery of his magic, the comparison of a rat does not bother him. He is Lord over all things smaller than him… and she seems to be diminutive in comparison to his masculine bulk, anyway, now that he thinks of it, letting his eyes trail away from her, into the trees about and above.

He still hates her. He hopes that his nonchalance and obvious loathing drive her to strike first, having taken some maturity to mind in the past season, and lessons from his mistake while ill. The white mark on his shoulder is a physical reminder, as is the very presence of the black dragon woman; his tail curls as if alive and fanged behind him.

It’s when she makes a complete idiot of herself that he cannot curb his tongue, dark lips curling back into a sneer, his laugh chilled and mocking.

"I thought you said it was lifeless," he jibes, rolling his golden eyes as uses one golden ankle to try and remove the tangled branch from the other, refusing to give the shrub a gender (how dumb); his anger begins ebbing away with each lunge of his overly aggravated heart, and continues its slowing as he gives up the task of removing the stubborn bush from himself. Mostly, it’s the realization that she is only a foolish girl, pretty with a head full of air, but also that he has noticed he’s ever more prone to strange moods the older he gets. Besides, she’s not his mother, or the line of fate he seems to be bound to, and he might actually like her if she’d just shut the hell up.

Such is the after effect of rage, his young muscle finding no way to vent his excessive anger than to immediately reduce it to an even more base emotion: lecherous, his narrowed and still molten eyes sweep across her figure, the heat emanating from her obvious now that he seeks it. She is pretty, a weapon of a woman is not curves and softness but sinew and leather, and with the strange mental shudder of the erotic remembered, he catches glimpses of her through the haze of the strange, black goo, when she first was not a dragon but a shining warrior maiden in the night.

But she’s still talking (it’s like a high pitched eeeeee that regains his focus from her ample, starry ass and back to her vapid little blue steel eyes), and he thinks she might have asked him something through the muddling sensation of another rise of aggravation as she keeps being a bitch for no reason he can surmise.

"I don’t need your help," he manages to nicely manage (from, “you couldn’t help if it was all you wanted to do, idiot”), still trying to puzzle together if she’d asked him if he was ashamed to be escaped or if he could give her his name.

It seemed odd to ask either, considering the situation – and so he decided on the slightly less crazy of the two. Still, he felt little obligation to share such information, rather the pressing need to ask her…

"Are you completely mad or only partly so?" straightforward, no menace included in his tone, the prince (in his mind) looks at her through narrowed eyes that suspect the first, "you’ve been a bitch to me for three minutes straight and want to know who I am now? Even if I had meant to kick your ass forever and fifteen years ago, I’d say you’ve had a good knock on the head or were born half brained to begin with."

@Ki'irha

Wishlist - Plots

Noella

He snorted, and he huffed, and the blue expected that next he would begin stomping his feet like a petulant child. Maybe she was being a little too hard on him, but she needed a punching bag and there he was, caught in a bush, waiting as though the gods had left him as a reward to stumble upon. But her lighthearted taunting was turning into something more vicious than she had originally expected. (What had she expected?) Her anger mutated into rage as a cruel laugh escaped him. She visibly recoiled, ears twisting back on their polls, nostrils flaring, her muscles tensing. Of the few things that rattled her, being laughed at was high on the list. "I said nothing funny," she snipped, tail lashing angrily behind her for a moment before she recomposed herself, and it coiled around a rear hoof yet again. "If you want to traipse around here with a branch stuck to you, be my guest. Just know you look ridiculous." A joke about the 'ugly tree' and hitting all the branches flashed through her mind, but it was a little much, so she allowed it to escape without saying it out loud.

The corporal let out her own snort, nearly as soft as the velvet that rimmed her nostrils, as silver eyes rolled dramatically. She didn't have time for this. This had gone from enjoyable to annoying, and she was over it. She began to move past him to continue her venture, feminine form swaying with each step, but before she made it more than four steps her eyes fell upon his shoulder. It was obvious, emblazoned on his deep pelt, the mark she had already left on him. It was a brutal fight, and in a distant memory she could still remember the smell of his blood through the seeping ooze that had swallowed her senses during that fateful time. But looking past the scar, his shoulders were broad, sturdy, the muscles carved deep beneath luscious browns. Each limb that held him upright, one dipped in vivid gold, carried him in a prideful manner, as if he believed the world should bow for him. Eyes traveled down the curve of his back, down the outline of his haunches, sweeping under and falling briefly where her sight didn't belong. She averted her eyes quickly, embarassed, eyes landing on his face. The star girl caught herself admiring his sharp jawline and sculpted head. Even his face was trimmed with gold filigree, as if his golden crown wasn't enough. He was handsome, and despite her disdain for him, she couldn't help but appreciate his striking aesthetics. If he wasn't such an ass, she would entertain the thought of being attracted to him.

The blue's distraction came to a grinding halt. Her jaw clenched as he asked if she were crazy. She had no sly response, no witty comeback to fuel the fire that they were tossing kindling into with each jab and insult. Was her behavior really that unwarranted? But perhaps it hadn't been his fault. When the black had claimed the lands, dark and dripping and suffocating, it had driven many mad. Even she had fallen victim to vicious hallucinations of her father. So despite fighting for her life against the dark buck, maybe he wasn't the one she had been fighting. Her mind was spinning with her current problems, and now her attempts at explaining his brutish behavior were adding to the crazed mix. Still, she couldn't release her hold on the distaste she held for him. She couldn't decide whether he still deserved her sharp tongue, or if he should be granted a little mercy.

"I apologize that I have no warm and fuzzy left in me to lend to you." I wasted it on someone else. "You attacked me. You still have a souvenir to prove it. Do you deserve what kindness I have left?" She wasn't making this situation any better. Her hostility ebbed, and she sighed. Her expression softened ever so slightly, though her brows remained furrowed as she locked her eyes on his. All the poison drained from her words, leaving behind nothing but honesty. "I am not daft, I am not vapid, I am not crazy. I would even go so far as to dispute your opinion that I am a bitch. But you don't know me, as I don't know you, past our initial encounter which, obviously, has tainted my opinion of you." She scowled. Was this where she was supposed to apologize? "Perhaps who I met previously was not who I stand before now, but my impression of you still stands. So this can either be a turning point, or we can continue to despise each other until our bones are dust and the gods have been forgotten."

She would not bend to his desires, and would not apologize first for the wrongs committed against her. And though something suggested the stag wasn't one for apologies, she calmed long enough to give him a chance to sway her malice. "After what you did, do you care to tell me why you deserve anything other than hostility from me? Or perhaps you care to provide an explanation on what pushed you come after me the way you did. I would love to hear it, I really would."

She leaned back, cocking a hip as she relaxed, and waited to (hopefully) be surprised.

words
OOC|| @Rikyn ~
Feed me to the wolves, let them have my flesh. I am something that skin cannot hold.

image || table
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Rikyn
That his laughter strokes against the grain inspires another mocking smile, more of the falsely warm sound rising into the autumnal air as she claims to have said nothing stupid, like someone perfectly stupid; that she then tries to leave is even more humorous. It’s all a great game, really, and that she shoots a withering dagger his way rather than the more sharply crafted blades she’d thrown before makes his smile all the broader (he simply can’t look ridiculous, anyway – he’s too good looking to be thrown astray by some shrub he’s too distracted to deal with at this time).

Still chuckling even as he notices the slow wander of her gaze, he cares very little for her audacious sexuality (but that it could play out to his advantage), the gears of his thoughts clicking together in perfectly maniacal rotation. If she is so distracted already, so soon in, he cannot help but focus more fully on the notion that she is malleable, like wet mud or soft clay. He wonders which.

One pools, filthy and wet, shapeless and cold. The other is of more use to him.

He allows his thoughts to pull him further, to let her voice fall again into the eeeeee of feminine bemoaning as soon as he hears a long draw of sarcasm steal away whatever she might have said that wasn’t annoying. He thinks of her among a gathering of pretty women, and the snow falling around them in thick white flakes, so thick that the crystalline shine of their structures is visible as they settle in her pale, moonlit mane; it seems fitting to picture her beneath starlight, the bones of hornless beneath her hooves, her tongue, gone...

Until he realizes there is a silence growing between them, the dreadful drone of her voice gone and replaced by the wind.

She is likely only mud, he considers.

"I already told you it was an accident," he answers glumly, a frown darkening his features at the displeasure of having to (as far as he’s concerned, anyway) repeat himself,"forever and fifteen years ago. Way to hold a grudge, seriously."

@Ki'irha

Wishlist - Plots