the Rift

[OPEN] leave a little sparkle [Welcoming!]

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
rohan
RUN AWAY WITH ME
Despite the obvious apprehension in the pale stallion’s words, Rohan laughs deeply, shaking his head and giving the other stallion a wry smirk. “I’ve been stuck with far worse, my friend,” he assures the fairy-winged man, many more than one memory blooming to the forefront of his mind. One does not make himself an accomplished bachelor without running into an occasional bad apple, after all. If nothing else, he is sure that Quentin will be a proper distraction from the turmoil that writhes within him, considering the pegasus entertaining (and, admittedly, slightly awkward) company.

Taking this as something of an acceptance, Rohan shifts his weight, gesturing forward with a curt signal of his nose. “We best be on our way, then. Wouldn’t want you to scuff a manicured hoof in the dark,” he teases the flamboyant stallion with a simpering twist of his lips, nearly rolling his eyes before walking forward. He hesitates at the edge of the clearing, looking briefly over his shoulder to the mares. “You’re welcome to join us, ladies,” he flicks his long tail in their direction, his invitation hardly serious. He doesn’t even expect an answer before he moves forward again, weaving through the woods of the Threshold with the pegasus beside him.

•             •             •

The journey back to the Edge seems a lot longer than when he had left it. Of course, he’s not charging in a blind rage this time, instead noticing the scenery and making what conversation he can with Quentin. Thick forests eventually give way to rolling hills, their softly cresting peaks illuminated as the sun rises and falls, before the familiar mists obscure the horizon. “There it is,” he gestures to the pixie man, “the World’s Edge.” And he does not know what it is that buds impatiently in his chest—a relief to be home? Or a dread to return to the root of the memories?

Whatever it might be, it is determinedly ignored, smothered beneath pale hooves as they close the remaining distance.

Thick, low-hanging mists reach out to greet them at the borders, seeping slowly from the trees within and playing with the shadows of dusk. The evening air is frosty, a telltale sign of the upcoming winter. Lowering his gaze, Rohan eyes the shards of glass strewn across the ground, remnants of a once-great glass wall (or so he’s been told). Side-stepping a particularly jagged piece to avoid snagging his skin, the Warlander looks to Quentin. “It used to be worse,” he says with a dry laugh, remembering his first time entering the Edge. The borders had been a disarray of broken glass; he finds it suiting that it has since been cleaned up some.

“It shouldn’t be long before someone greets us,” Rohan continues neutrally, swinging his antlered head around to its natural position. Further they press into the wooded land, circles of fog churning from the movement of their legs. His green eyes are cast idly about, almost searching for any sign of his superiors.

notes; Yay come welcome Mr. Fabulous!:D (first two paragraphs are finishing up the Threshold thread)
“Speech.”

@Quentin @Tembovu @Elsa | image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Quentin Posts: 20
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 5 HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
DarkShadow
I do believe in fairies!

Quentin is giddy with the prospect of a home, even more so that he'd seemingly made a close acquaintance in the process. Rohan's acceptance of the frilly stallion and surely sealed his fate to be stuck with the stallion. “I've been stuck with far worse, my friend.” Quentin grins at the Dun stallion's words, his wings fluttering with delight. “I'd be honored, sir Rohan.” The pale stallion winked in response, practically prancing in place.

“Best be on our way...wouldn't want you to scuff a manicured hoof in the dark.”Quentin scoffed playfully at the other stallion's words. “I can't get dirty! I'd ruin this gorgeous coat and appearance.” He tossed his teal forelock, hazel eyes twinkling with laughter. “I'd scare the boys away. Can't have that can we?” His chuckle was airy, the sound similar to birds twittering. He trotted after the male, blue gray knees snapping up to his chest in a showoff manner.

------------------------------------------
Quentin follows the larger stallion, the pair speaking when it suits them and just journeying together in silence when it doesn't. The male was content with his decision to join the striped brute in his homeland. Granted, there would be others he would have to endure and speak with, but for now, he was pleased with his company. The scenery changed drastically as they traveled, forests clinging close to rolling hills that stretched so far in front of them it seemed like they were trying to escape their company. A snort released itself from the pale male's nostrils as Rohan announces their arrival to his new home.

The fairy followed closely behind the antlered equine, his hazel eyes searching to and fro. Mist welcomed them, wrapping itself around their limbs. His skin quivered with the sign of winter on the breeze that caressed his form, another snort escaping him. The male halted as Rohan crossed over the glass border of the lands, lowering his muzzle to sniff the shards that littered the ground. He pinned his ears to his skull, not to sure what to make of the material. “It use to be worse.” Quentin followed after Ro, stepping over the glass as he does.

“It shouldn't be long before someone greets us.” Quentin grins, tail swishing against his flanks. “Who exactly should we be expecting?” His hazel eyes scanned his surroundings, not quite sure who or what to expect. His fairy wings fluttered thoughtfully, his mind elsewhere for the moment.

"Talk."
OOC-Sorry for the blech post :/ Will get better ^^
(the fabulous!)
image credits
[Image: 568b0cff16b64]

Please tag me in all posts!
Non-lethal magic/force is allowed. Please ask if unsure :)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
Nostrils flare, wide black rims scenting the sea-stained air. But he picks out a familiar scent amidst the brine— Rohan, his Sergeant. Ears flick forward as his hooves immediately begin to move; it is years of training in a war-obsessed land that has him so quickly reacting to the arrival of a warrior. They often bring news, and often that news requires immediate attention.

But, as he now resides in Helovia and not the great plains, the handsome stag did not bring news of war; he did, however, bring time-sensitive matters. A new recruit— one of fluttering and iridescent wings. They catch and trap his navy eyes for a moment, so different than anything the Elephant had ever seen. The only thing similar were the elegant butterfly wings of Mauja’s friend.

Legs slow as he comes to stand before the two, black-rimmed ears catching the query voiced by the hazy blue pegasus. A lopsided smile crosses his face, but it is not as easy nor as warm as it once has been— perhaps his friend would spot the difference, perhaps not. Regardless, he nods a greeting towards his friend.

But still, the smile crosses his face and his deep voice booms in amusement, “That would be myself,” he nods his thick horn slightly, “I am Tembovu, King of the Edge. Welcome.” He pauses, looking once again towards the flying appendages, "I can't say that I've seen wings as beautifully unique as yours."

His great head swung between the antlered and winged stallions, “I see Rohan, our Sergeant, has recruited you. Do you have a trade from your past life you wish to continue? Or a new path you’d like to begin?” His head cocked ever so slightly in curiosity at this man’s past life, given his wings and the bright expression on his face.

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

The Edge was like a freaking rage party lately.

No really- everyone seemed to be here. It was making her head spin. She was so far behind in meeting those she was supposed to be protecting, that was quite a big problem. It’s really hard to protect those you don’t know existed. Edgar simply cooed through their bond, trying to alleviate her anxiety. He was away as of now, hunting for small rodents to (as nicely as possible) digest so that he may remain in the alive state.

So when she caught wind of a new scent- she jumped on the opportunity. It wasn’t far from where she was, and she could already make out three figures. Two familiar, and one definitely not. All male though, but to be honest, the unknown one had a very feminine aura to his looks. I mean, colorful pixie like wings and colored hair, it made Elsa look like man. Even though she would never admit it out loud, she was very jealous.

When she arrived she caught just the beginning of Tembovu’s words. And quite honestly, hearing him say that his (HIS) wings were unique and beautiful caused her face to color in anger. Scrunching her nose up, she simply focused on the newcomer, and prepared to speak once Tembovu had finished his flirting introduction.

”And I should probably give my welcomes as well, my name is Elsa. His better half.” She smirked, only for a moment. Hey she could be undercover bitter about his compliments towards the man. Though, she never would have expected his gate to swing that way… ’Elsa for love of god stop.’ Edgar groaned, and she could feel his discomfort. ”Not really, but I am the queen here. It’s very nice to meet you uh…?” She hinted that she’d like to know his name. After that she shut up, may as well stop her embarrassment while she was ahead.

words -- | tags @Rohan  | ooc -hides-

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

rohan
RUN AWAY WITH ME
The Warlander comes to a gradual halt when he hears the fairy man’s question, his eyes lingering for a moment on the surrounding forest before turning to his company. “The leaders,” he says simply, and no sooner does the last symbol slip from his lips, when a familiar voice booms out to them. With dark-rimmed ears pressing forward, Rohan swings his antlered head around to see Tembovu approaching them. The gradual wilt in the Elephant King’s expression does not go unnoticed, but the warrior makes no comment; he would be surprised if the responsibility of king didn’t come with its own heavy burdens, and it is not him to pry.

When the mammoth elephant of a stallion comments on Quentin’s pixie wings, Rohan can’t help the amused smirk that curls his lips. He had a similar reaction himself (albeit, not nearly as coquettish as the king’s), and his green eyes wander momentarily to examine the fluttering wings in question. As he had assumed in the Threshold, it is likely that the pale stallion will receive responses like this for…well, possibly ever. There are many strange and fantastical things in this world of Helovia; people never seem to stop ogling in wonder.

Shifting his weight when the conversation carries on, the Warlander’s attention shifts idly between the other two stallions. Tembovu inquires of the trade that Quentin might be looking to pursue, and the warrior issues his deep voice forth in a smooth continuation of the king’s. “There are many ranks available for you to explore,” he pauses briefly, his crooked smirk deepening when the picture of this manicured, seemingly high-maintenance stallion as a warrior flashes through his mind—but really, who is he to make judgements?

Rohan intends to elaborate on the aforementioned ranks, but he is stolen of the chance when a pale, sapphire-dusted pegasus emerges to join them. He recognizes her almost instantly from the recent herd meeting; their new queen. She introduces herself as such, and the antlered warrior can’t help his appreciative musings. He has yet to know if she will be an equal leader to Tembovu, but she’s certainly excelling for herself in the beauty department. “Queen Elsa,” his thick neck arches in a bow of his head, green eyes glistening when they rise to meet hers, “I don’t believe we’ve officially met; my name is Rohan.” He casts a glance to Quentin, assuming that the pixie male would like to introduce himself.

“Speech.”
@Quentin @Elsa | image credits

Quentin Posts: 20
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 5 HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
DarkShadow
I do believe in fairies!

Right as Rohan was about to answer his inquiry, the fairy stallion is taken aback by the sudden arrival of a large stallion. This one was handsomely colored and had a large single horn protruding from his forehead. “Well aren't you just a lucky little fairy! Surrounded by beefcakes today!” Quentin eyes the newest addition with interest, his eyes almost hungry as he grins. The new stallion smiles as well though the fairy doubts his intentions are as delicious as his own.

“I can't say that I've seen wings as beautifully unique as yours.” Quentin giggles the objects of interest fluttering with the sound. “Oh, you flatterer you!” The pale male gives a flirtatious wink, resting his hind hoof. The action makes his hips shift, which of course, is exactly what the male wants. This...elephant of a brute continues on, asking about his desire to acquire a trade. The teal and white stud arched his neck around, taking another look back at the glass that littered the ground. He'd most certainly been interested in it and would love to craft with the beautiful object.

“There are many ranks available for you to explore.” The male's attention is brought back to the two stallions around him and he grins at Rohan. “Well we can't all be fantastically built for battle now can we?” He winks at the Dun, never tiring of picking on the brute. Rohan had openly accepted his differences and his obvious attraction, even if it was not returned. Quentin's only way of being thankful for this was his constant teasing and flirtatiousness.

Before he can speak on his desire to work with glass, Quentin notices another approaching figure. This one was obviously feminine, not the manly kind either, but the curvacious hips and beautiful form. “Jealous much?” Quentin snorted at the voices in his head, not at all impressed at being called out on his emotions. The female continued forward, introducing herself as the large male's 'better half'. “Well he did well for himself.” Quentin rolled his eyes at the voice, a soft grunt of disapproval echoing in his jaws.

The female corrected herself (that's better) and Quentin grinned. There was no way she was jealous of him, but if she was, the stallion would flaunt his feminine form for the life of him. He gave her a showy bow, straightening up with a grin. “Quentin, dear.” He watches her for a moment before returning his attention to Tembovu. “To answer your previous question, darling, I think I'd very much like to work with the glass your land seems to be covered with.” He turns his hazel eyes to Elsa, “I'll be sure to watch those sharp edges though. Never know what will cut you.” His eyes flashed with his words, narrowing slightly.

“Pick your fights carefully, you fool.” Of course, he should have kept his mouth shut. She hadn't openly expressed her jealousy if she even had any. It was the fact that she felt the stallion couldn't live without her that made Quentin grumpy. Like without her, he wouldn't be able to function. The male tossed his forelock dramatically before turning his gaze back to the two stallions. He was sure someone would reprimand him for his words, but then again, he hadn't openly threatened the female either. “Just in your head.” He smirked at the voice, waiting for someone else to speak.

"Talk."
"Voices."
(the fabulous!)
image credits

@Rohan @Elsa
[Image: 568b0cff16b64]

Please tag me in all posts!
Non-lethal magic/force is allowed. Please ask if unsure :)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
His attention, as always, swept to his Queen the moment she arrived in her winter splendor. His ears perked and head cocked in confusion at the sudden irritation in her face as he spoke to the fairy-winged man. What had his volatile Queen upset, now? He attempted to catch her sapphire eyes with his own, questioning gaze, but she resolutely focused on the new man— not himself.

He cannot help the lopsided smile as she introduced herself has his ‘better half.’ Feisty today, are we, my Queen? His attendant is brought back to the giggle and fluttering wings of the pale man. “Oh, you flatterer, you!” He grinned outright, “I do what I can,” and a chuckle followed his amused words.

His gaze shifts to Rohan, as his masculine voice mentioned the variety of ranks within the Edge. And he cannot help but echo the amused smile upon the antlered’s face— for it was plain that the Sergeant could not see such an effeminate man upon the battlefield. And the man (yet unnamed), saw it as well— retorting and winking in kind. The King surpassed an outright laugh, eyes glittering in mirth, at the flirting with his Sergeant.

He watched the roll of eyes of Quentin, and resulting grin after Elsa corrected herself from his ‘better half.’ This fairy-winged man was going to be quite the entertaining addition to their herd, to be certain. This was cemented as he narrowed flashing eyes and sassy words towards his Queen while answering his question.

Feeling the masculine urge to intervene in what appeared to be the beginnings of a saucy and cheeky face-off, he quickly spoke, “Our glass crafters are few and far between, so we will be happy to have you among their ranks. Our Glazier, head crafter, is Anzanie. You will want to find and assist her to learn the ways of our Lady Moon’s glass.” He almost held his breath, hoping that his words were enough to mitigate any of Elsa’s retort.
@Elsa @Quentin @Rohan

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

There was something oddly satisfying about having the attention of so many males. It wasn’t that she lusted for it- but now she felt powerful. It felt like she had control over something for once in her life. Elsa dipped her head respectfully toward Rohan. She had heard his name, but never met him. It was nice to know another face. He seemed nice enough. ”The pleasure is mine Rohan, so glad I’ve been able to meet you.” She flashed a quick and brilliant smile before turning back to the pixie boy in front of her. Quentin was his name- how hilarious. It seemed oddly suiting for a man of his… ahem, looks.

”It is great to meet you as well dear Quentin.” She drug out the dear just long enough to make it sound presumptuous. Another smirk wormed its way across her features as she returned his flashy bow with one equally as over the top. Though it seemed he was done with her just as quick- he was very interested in Tembovu. Ahh. Now she turned her head to watch Tembovu as Quentin made some scandalous sounding statements. Sure they were pretty vanilla compared to a lot of things, but somehow she doubted Tembovu was used to that sort of stuff.

So of course he ruined the fun. Elsa gave him an over exaggerated frown, making it a point to be more than slightly annoying. She had no fear that Quentin would leave- he seemed smitten with her King. The stories she could tell if he ever acted upon the insinuations he was giving off. She’d have a field day running circles around Tembovu. ”Ah yes. You need to learn a bit before you can work it, if you know what I mean. We require the best of the best.” Okay, a very poorly executed sexual innuendo but it was a try. It had been years since she was able to be so sassy to anyone openly. It felt nice- regardless of the repercussions that were bound to happen. Can’t let Tembovu know she was jealous anyways. Maybe a brothel service or some weird shit would result from this- as long as the Edge stayed on top (ha… on top) it would all be okay. She let a few beats of silence pass before she spoke again. As much as she wanted the antics to continue, she did have a kind of requirement to be civil. ”But dear Quentin, we will love to have you either way.” That was a shit attempt at being civil. Glancing back at Tembovu she held back a laugh. Part of her wanted to lean over, and ever so carefully ask if he was uncomfortable… and then proceed to make him feel more discomfort.

words  461 Words | tags @Rohan    | ooc >.>

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
V
I
T
A
N
I

The pair of stallion were not the only ones to take leave and head for the Edge. I looked to Faeanne, giving her a questioning look to see if she was coming before heading off behind the boys. After all, why couldn't we just move this little party over to the Edge. That, and I need to see what made the new Czars of the Falls want to leave. What was so wrong with this Edge that they needed to take over another place.

So I had followed, permission to do so or not. All this time I have hung back and watched. Well, watched and listened. I was more focused on Rohan and Quentin that anyone else. After all, they were the only ones I knew. Sarabi hung back with me, making sure we both stayed super quiet until the right time. That is, if I was going to reveal that I am here at all. I am torn on even being here. After all, I technically belong to the Falls. It's been my home since birth. I should be loyal to my home.... But, things had changed. Everyone I had ever known and those that I had grown up around were gone. My parents, dead and vanished like smoke. My old leads, also dead and vanished. The rest, seemed to of scattered. So why stay in a place that while I have finally made a few friends, is just not feeling like home anymore.

I stay back, just barely close enough to hear. That is, until a voice I knew spoke. I stepped closer, hesitant at first and unsure if it was true. But then I moved forward with more confidence. I know her. I do not know her name, but I know her. I step to stand by Quentin and smile softly. Sorry for the late entrance. I am Vitani, and this is Sarabi. We met Rohan and Quentin back in the threshold and followed them home... I hope that is alright... I allow my voice to trail before turning my attention to the pale pegasus who I think had called herself Elsa. You, look very familiar... Did you use to call the Falls home? My question is vague, but at the same time seeking to find out what I already suspect.

Vitani Speaks
Sarabi Talks

Image Credit

rohan
RUN AWAY WITH ME
“No, I suppose not; some of us have to look pretty,” the Warlander answers smoothly to the pixie man, his deep voice laced with laughter as he refrains from rolling his eyes in amusement. While being on the receiving end of the attentions of men is not something he is entirely comfortable with, Rohan plays along, considering Quentin’s company, as a whole, to be quite enjoyable. If nothing else, he is sure that there is hardly a dull moment with the fairy-winged pegasus. The Warlander’s pride is far too swollen to be so easily wounded by his fanboy.

Shifting his gaze to more familiar things, green eyes settle again on the white queen (a view he can certainly get used to looking at). Their exchange is far too short for his liking and moves quickly along, but even as she—Elsa—addresses the winged stallion, Rohan’s attention takes a moment to follow. If a king gets the perks of such lovely damsels at his side, then perhaps power is not entirely evil—but that is as far as his thoughts wander (too easily darkened by memories of cold eyes, sneering lips, and iron fists).

Flicking his tail sharply around his legs, Rohan turns to the pale stallion, a smirk flitting over his lips when glasswork is mentioned. “I’m sure our king will approve,” his eyes flicker briefly to Tembovu, his smirk deepening. It seems like a lifetime ago when they had met in the Thistle Meadow, suffering from the Rift’s disease, pondering the Gods’ work in shallow pools of pain. Tembovu had been Glazier then—little did they both know what life had in store for them.

The warrior represses a sigh, forcing away certain memories that lay wait in the darkness. He cannot allow himself to wallow, focusing instead on their little gathering. When he hears the subtle crunching of approaching hooves, the petite brown mare is not who he had expected to see (his heart twisting painfully before his eyes register her face). “Vitani,” Rohan murmurs in greeting, noting with a trace of jealousy that she seems drawn to Quentin more than anyone else (and so the circle continues). Wondering what the young mare’s motives are for following them, he looks between Tembovu and Elsa.

notes; SO sorry for the wait! ._.
“Speech.”
@Quentin @Elsa @Vitani | image credits