the Rift

[PRIVATE] Standing With An Army

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

The young-minded girl physically braced herself for any harsh words to be directed at her, eyes closing against the world and muscles tensing to deflect the verbal attacks. If it was possible, the golden girl would have curled into a defensive ball before the group, but all she could do was pull her head (still low to the ground) as far to the side as she could. One ear was flicked towards her new King, the one signal that she was, in fact, still listening to him.  “Jahzara, I am more than happy to help you fight Charles, if ever he threatens to take you again.” Wait, what? For a couple seconds, she was motionless with shock, her eyes still shut before she registered what Tembovu had actually said. When her eyes finally opened, falling on the towering height of the Elephant King, relief washed over her in a wave. Archibald whispered in the back of her mind, kind and supportive but barely even heard. 'I told you, miss Jahzara. You are in good hands here.'

Raising her head to a much more comfortable level, eyes wide with surprise as he forgave them of their absences, Jahzara found herself staring at the unicorn with wonder. No one had actually offered to help her try and fight off Charles, not in the sense that he just had. Yes, Elsa knew of Charles. And Jahzara would be forever grateful for the kind words of the snowy mare when she told her that she had the power to defeat the dark beast, that she could get rid of him forever. But it wasn't so simple in her eyes. How do you banish a demon that's been with you for years? How do you fight something that isn't physically there, that no one else can see, feel, hear? It would be like fighting the wind or arguing with the sky. You could certainly try, but that didn't mean that you were going to get very far. Despite all of this information that weighed heavily on her small shoulders, Charles even scoffing in the back of her mind at the very thought of the unicorn trying to vanquish him, Jahzara was grateful. "Th-thank you..."

As the meeting came to a close, with light-hearted reminder to never miss another meeting, her lips finally curled back into the slightest sign of a smile. Scat, really? As in poop? As in others poop? Oh no, Jahzara certainly wouldn't want to take part in that lovely chore.  No matter how true the Elephant King held to his word of the future punishment, it still helped the mare to relax for a moment or two. As they were dismissed, however, she found that she couldn't bring herself to move just yet. Her curiosity was nagging at her, or perhaps it was the curiosity of Charles clawing in her mind that wanted to know just how Tembovu intended to help her. She waited politely to see if the others would need to talk to the stallion, standing off to the side until  she could catch Tembovu alone.

The thought of this scared her, the idea of starting a conversation revolving around the fact that she could see and hear things no one else could sent a nervous shudder down her spine. 'Jay...Jay...I'm here now. It's okay.' The comforting voice of her best friend slowly grew stronger, clearer with every word that crossed Jahzara's mind. Lily's voice helped a sigh of relief escape Jahzara's lips, her gaze darting across the ground as she sought out her friendly hallucination. Slowly, in the mare's imaginative eyes, the mists pulled together and changed colors, darkening into a violet cloud that morphed into the shape of the stout little pony that barely came past Jahzara's knees. "I'm glad your here, Lily." 'I'm sorry I took so long.' The spotted Arabian shook her dished crown, showing that the short little pony had no need to apologize as she reached down to bump noses with her best friend.

'So...' Lily skeptically turned towards Tembovu and waddling up to him, all while Jahzara watched, and stopped just short of him. Her chest puffed up with pride, ears flicking back and nose in the air as she studied him. 'I suppose I should thank you, big guy. Most don't take well to hearing about me and the others, you handled it like a champ. But, what can you do to help Jay, really?' Jahzara sighed quietly, the heavy question weighing on her despite it coming out of Lily's mouth. She understood that Tembovu wouldn't be able to see or hear the purple pony, so she stepped forward on dainty hooves. "One of my friends wants to talk to you... She is good, she's right in front of you, a little purple pony. Elsa has met her before too. Her name is Lily, and she wanted to thank you for offering to help. But she isn't sure how you can do that."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Tembovu and @Elsa, Jay's gonna be revealing a lot about herself in this one. -braces self for feels-
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
After nodding and the apparent dispersal of those absentees, he had begun to back away and turn towards the heart of the Edge— it was a time for inward thinking and solitude. But, as his great body moved, the delicate face and wide eyes of Jahzara caught his attention, guileless blue stare cutting straight through any pretenses of regency that remained after her disarmingly personal confession.

He halted, navy eyes trained on her, watching and waiting with both curiosity and apprehension. “You are most welcome, Jahzara,” the phrase was quick and genuine in his low voice— but there was a question beneath the brevity. What brings such a hopeful look to your eyes, my herdmate? But he did not voice this question, for it felt wrong to pry further after what she had just revealed.

But, as a short bout of patience revealed, there was no need for prying questions. “I’m glad you’re here, Lily.” An ear splays sideways, eyes clouding in confusion as the painted palomino cast her eyes down to her knees. Her gaze tracked through the mist, following some unseen form that apparently stopped at his heavy, ivory hooves.

Masked face wrinkled in bewilderment and befuddlement— offering help and seeing what one was helping with were two entirely different things. But he was a man of his word and, truly, after his occasional quarrels with his own demons, he was more than willing to assist the troubled palomino.

“You may tell—” he paused in uncertainty, was this how he should go about it? He soldiered on, “You may tell your friend, Lily, that there is no need to thank me. And as for helping…” Again he paused, quite uncharacteristically out of his depth with the situation as a whole. A soft, thoughtful breath escaped his nostrils as he shifted his eyes from Jahzara to the empty space in front of him, where he assumed ‘Lily’ to be, “I will try to show her how I manage my own demons. It may not work, but— then again— it might.”

His attention rose, away from the empty air, and towards Jahzara. Quietly, he asked, “Tell me, where does Charles come from?”
tembovu
image | table

ooc| @Elsa

Please tag Tembovu.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

A motherly worry had begun to ferment within her stomach. Ever since having the quite emotional and revealing conversation with Jahzara, the girl’s health and wellbeing was constantly in the back of her mind. It wormed around, and for once, she was worried for someone other than herself and other than her children. That’s why she constantly kept a look out for the pale woman in a child’s skin.

So when she heard Tembovu announce for all the no-shows to see him, she had a worry that Jahzara was among those needing to attend. She hadn’t seen her friend at the other meeting, but that was probably a good thing considering the circumstances. Picking up her pace, she made her way towards the sound. Tembovu would not, within all of Elsa’s power, treat any of them poorly. Granted, it shouldn’t happen, but he cannot blame those who didn’t come. Before the leadership switch, the Edge was in a tumultuous power switch. That wasn’t on the herds fault.

Upon arrival, it was obvious she had missed most of it. Oh well, you win some you lose some. Turning to the remaining bodies, she notices that Tembovu and Jahzara were conversing with one another. ’Oh no.’ She murmured, and Edgar agreed with her. Either this conversation was not going well, was just starting, or was by some miracle going well. Meandering over, she missed the entire preceeding conversation. Instead of offering any cordial hellos, she simply extended her muzzle out to Jahzara, and Lily, in greeting. ”Hello you two! Haven’t seen you around. Just checking in.” She said warmly. She then turned and dipped her head in greeting to her king. ”And good day to you, my king. Didn’t beat up on them too hard did you?” There was jest, sarcasm, and truth all wrapped up into one sentence. Whether or not he picked up or cared for any of it didn’t matter. It was just nice being sassy sometimes. ”So what keeps you two here?” She queried. And with that she was quiet. There wasn’t much more to say when she had no idea what was ensuing.

"talk"

image credits

@Jahzara
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.